Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter (50677 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts / Genevieve Nnaji's Movie "Lionheart" Sold For N150 In Traffic / Netflix Buys Genevieve Nnaji's 'Lionheart' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Asimov: 7:34am On Jan 05, 2019
Most anticipated movie of the year #LionHeart now on Netflix

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2019
Ojukwubucket:

U just hate the movie because it's connected to Igbo....nothing else.....
Keep hating u hear?....make we see where e go take u

If I hate d movie cos its connected to Igbo's,I should not c d end of today

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by lenghtinny(m): 7:35am On Jan 05, 2019
To be honest the movie is average of not below.....

But the cinematography was far more better than your regular nollywood movie

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by alBHAGDADI: 7:36am On Jan 05, 2019
redroom:

Lol , U said kemi Adetiba would have done it better, but yet non of her movies are acquired by Neflix or Neflix original, do you know what it takes to be noticed by Neflix and Neflix paid millions of dollars to acquire exclusive worldwide rights to lion heart, Neflix reviewed the movie and found it worthy
You have been viewing this whole thing via tribal lens. To you, everyone criticizing it are doing so because they aren't Igbo or because they hate igbos, whereas igbos are also criticizing it.

Netflix has lots of shitty movies to the point that when I see a movie is owned by Netflix, I just immediately skip it because it's usually crap. You keep hammering on millions of dollars. Do you know what that is?

Please, stop viewing things based on tribalism or else you will never progress.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Vtrd: 7:38am On Jan 05, 2019
kolaxed98:

Shut the fukk u igbos even though u claim u are the most educated in Nigeria, u fall my hand sometimes.

Do u know the walking dead is shown on fox TV .but is own by AMC, on AMC it will show AMC original because they develop it by themselves that doesn't mean AMC is better that fox TV, so a movie that shows Netflix original,does it mean its better than Disney or warner bros,I'm sure Netflix is better Disney that owns the avengers, but u can watch this same avengers on Netflix, what does that say to u?if a movie is good its good not celebrating mediocre because it is Netflix original,who Netflix original epp,are they not a mostly movie streaming service,

This was the reason y Genevieve ran to Netflix, so that dumb idiot like u can be feeling fly on top nothing.

I say it again search for Nigerian movies on Netflix and the most watched most rated one are made by yoruba.

At least yoruba are producing high quality movie,changing the landscape from crap u guys made.

Whenever a Yoruba produced movie gets out expect to see cinema jam packed raking in millions of naira,I heard wedding party one Alone made 3 billion naira total including cinema and DVD sells and movie streaming online, which Igbo has come close to that record.

Cinema is controlled by Yoruba in Nigeria, I didn't even hear anything about lion heart on social media or on news,how much has she made from cinema, I'm sure u can't say,rubbish.
who the fucck is this guy?

Cinema is controlled by Yorubas.? You must be high out of your goddamn mind.
Ben Murray Bruce started the modern cinema culture in Nigeria and since then many people from every where has dived in.
Yoruba own nothing.

The vast majority of what is internationally known as Nollywood today is igbo centric in nature.
The most internationally recognised actors, the biggest producers.
Even foreigners still believe igwe is the name for any Nigerian king.

I don't like to unnecessarily claim things, but sorry, igbos created Nollywood.
It has our imprint.
Whatever the likes of kunle afolyan is doing today is a fruit of the igbo nollywood.
He is leveraging on the markets igbos have long created with the movie industry.

The authentic Nollywood is igbo. Anything else is a counterfeit.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by chukwugoziegi: 7:40am On Jan 05, 2019
dingbang:
Nigerians will overhype this movie Sotey, when I watch it, it will be crap. Thats how they did to wakanda... Nonsense

Bros, the movie is crap. Overhyped piece of poo. Fantastic Cast though, Onyeka, Pete Edochie and Osoufia never disappoints at all. Like someone up there said, Peter Okoye's part was totally un-necessary. And the part where Osuofia was wandering about in someone else's house not minding his business was un-real. Those boys could have killed him for stopping their business.
Me I don't know what concerns Genevieve with Directing.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Caseless: 7:41am On Jan 05, 2019
Even in their movie, Hausa is lording over them. E pain them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 05, 2019
enemmo:

Biko, ebony life studio movies are horrible.

Hype , hype and more hype.

I enjoyed the humour in the movie.

The culture , the food and dressing was on point.

The story at a point was dragging on and on..but It wasn't predictable a bit.

PS Peter Okoye should stick to his day job, Phyno was just okay.
Onyeka was brilliant. Same as Nkem Owoh, Pete , Genevieve and the Hausa man, Sani.

At least the movie was hyped by ppl like u and I and it became the highest grossing movie in Nigeria and won many award.

I'm they didn't hype it by themselves running to us and CNN or internet to hype.

The movie was hyped by itself not some one who is running around shouting Netflix first ..
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by chukwugoziegi: 7:42am On Jan 05, 2019
sawdi:

Where did you download it please?

F Z movies.
Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Vtrd: 7:43am On Jan 05, 2019
That is why the first film to break into a major American film house is igbo centric in nature.

The igbo language was spoken with careless abandon and yet it still made impact.

You just can't take away originality. When people see it, they know.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Vtrd: 7:45am On Jan 05, 2019
kolaxed98:

At least the movie was hyped by ppl like u and I and it became the highest grossing movie in Nigeria and won many award.

I'm they didn't hype it by themselves running to us and CNN or internet to hype.

The movie was hyped by itself not some one who is running around shouting Netflix first ..
Rubbish
Netflix is a hype on its own. It is a mile stone.
Nobody in Nigeria plays at that level.

if you want to be bigoted, be bigoted knowledgeablely.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by MrBONE2(m): 7:46am On Jan 05, 2019
tendingNews:

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2019/01/lionheart-on-netflix-reviews-subtitles.html?m=1

I have seen the movie,it'S a very nice movie,Those BoneBeings who Underate the movie are surely not Africans. My rating is 8.4 out of 10..
Africa Amaka grin

Proudly African grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Asimov: 7:46am On Jan 05, 2019
lenghtinny:
To be honest the movie is average of not below.....

But the cinematography was far more better than your regular nollywood movie

And this is based on your long experience in film making, abi?

Young Nigerians! Don’t be like your forebears. Celebrate yourselves. Don’t pull each other down. As the First Nigerian movie bought by Netflix, celebrate the achievement as a Nigerian achievement. Whether Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw...etc. Leave tribalism alone. Nigeria is rich because of our diversity. I feel sad when I see young people making the same mistakes of yesterday. Do you wonder why the country is in this quagmire when we spend our strength fighting each other? In a twist of Hubert Ogunde’s quote, “Nigerians, ronu!”

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Vtrd: 7:47am On Jan 05, 2019
BTW, Izu ojukwu is the best Nigerian producer currently as far as am concerned.

The quality of his work is unrivalled.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by chukwugoziegi: 7:48am On Jan 05, 2019
enemmo:

Biko, ebony life studio movies are horrible.

Hype , hype and more hype.

I enjoyed the humour in the movie.

The culture , the food and dressing was on point.

The story at a point was dragging on and on..but It wasn't predictable a bit.

PS Peter Okoye should stick to his day job, Phyno was just okay.
Onyeka was brilliant. Same as Nkem Owoh, Pete , Genevieve and the Hausa man, Sani.

Onyeka out did herself. That woman is a Legend abeg. Pete Edochie too and Nkem Owoh, Genevieve 5/10. 3 actresses who would have done justice to the Adaeze character, Nse Ekpe, Toni Tones and Mercy Johnson.
The Hausa/Igbo romance was what cracked me up. I won't be surprised one bit if it was Atiku who dropped money for this movie as all na calculation now since Election dey come.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by MrBONE2(m): 7:48am On Jan 05, 2019
tendingNews:
LIONHEART Title Messed Up. Says Hausa
Instead Of Igbo

Watch video of how Netflix messed the subtitles up HERE
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Asimov: 7:50am On Jan 05, 2019
Most anticipated movie of the year #LionHeart now on Netflix

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:51am On Jan 05, 2019
kolaxed98:
The movie was crap,rubbish.

No wow factor and why would I waste my time listening to Igbo why not English and add a little Igbo.

She quickly ran to Netflix when she couldn't compete at home and hyped d crap_so boring.

I'm sure it was because of some ppl she did that movie that way.

Who are 'some people '?
Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Noneroone(m): 7:55am On Jan 05, 2019
kolaxed98:

Shut the fukk u igbos even though u claim u are the most educated in Nigeria, u fall my hand sometimes.

Do u know the walking dead is shown on fox TV .but is own by AMC, on AMC it will show AMC original because they develop it by themselves that doesn't mean AMC is better that fox TV, so a movie that shows Netflix original,does it mean its better than Disney or warner bros,I'm sure Netflix is better Disney that owns the avengers, but u can watch this same avengers on Netflix, what does that say to u?if a movie is good its good not celebrating mediocre because it is Netflix original,who Netflix original epp,are they not a mostly movie streaming service,

This was the reason y Genevieve ran to Netflix, so that dumb idiot like u can be feeling fly on top nothing.

I say it again search for Nigerian movies on Netflix and the most watched most rated one are made by yoruba.

At least yoruba are producing high quality movie,changing the landscape from crap u guys made.

Whenever a Yoruba produced movie gets out expect to see cinema jam packed raking in millions of naira,I heard wedding party one Alone made 3 billion naira total including cinema and DVD sells and movie streaming online, which Igbo has come close to that record.

Cinema is controlled by Yoruba in Nigeria, I didn't even hear anything about lion heart on social media or on news,how much has she made from cinema, I'm sure u can't say,rubbish.
this movie really pained you

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 05, 2019
Vtrd:

Ben Murray Bruce started the modern cinema culture in Nigeria and since then many people from every where has dived in.
Yoruba own nothing.

The vast majority of what is internationally known as Nollywood today is igbo centric in nature.

It has our imprint.
Whatever the likes of kunle afolyan is doing today is a fruit of the igbo nollywood.
He is leveraging on the markets igbos have long created with the movie industry.

Igbo created it but for the past four years Yoruba's have been dominating, lol u own cinema?

Go to Wikipedia and search for highest grossing movie of all time in Nigerian and see how Yoruba's dominate the list.
I won't lie u guys contributed immensely to d industry, u see I use the word "immensely"that's how much I respect u guys,but that's where d respect end

I want to ask u a question and I want u to answer me honestly

Why do u think for over 20 years,suddenly Genevieve wanted to become a director.
SomeoSomeone who doestntdoesn't have an inch of experience.
What do u think prompted her to do so? Your guess is as good as mine.

Look at comment of neutral Igbo on this thread and see their review of d movie .

While I'm talking about directors who do u think control d directing in music industry in Nigeria.

Hint look at the names of top music video director in d music videos,Clarence peters is Yoruba before u claim him.
Look at burns boy wizkid davido nasty c and c d names there.

Wizkid come closer directed by daps is yoruba d same guy directed bad and bougee by migos,u guys don't know what is happening in d entertainment industry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:55am On Jan 05, 2019
claseek:
They've turned it to yoruba vs igbo. Hahaha!! Very predictable.. mtcheww
Very predictable. They should just ban those two tribes from nairaland so that the rest of us can enjoy the place

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by timay(m): 7:56am On Jan 05, 2019
Blackfire:
See them over criticizing what is bigger tha n them....

Netflix that bought it as a company you are wiser than them...

Greatness starts with a spark....

Kudos to Genevieve

Netflix buying the film doesn't mean shit. it just shows that the marketing department for the movie did a great job by selling to Netflix. After all, there are worse movies than this on that same Netflix.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by LZAA: 7:56am On Jan 05, 2019
kolaxed98:

Is there any Igbo movie that can beat kunle afolayan AND ebony life studios, I'm waiting.

Yoruba make film that yemi osibanjo had to create time for to watch.
Not your hype
Living in bondage and rattlesnake shatter any yoruba film past,present and future

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by VictorRomanov: 7:59am On Jan 05, 2019
Blackfire:
See them over criticizing what is bigger tha n them....

Netflix that bought it as a company you are wiser than them...

Greatness starts with a spark....

Kudos to Genevieve

My guy the thing tire person.

One even said it had no content. Check well now it is coming from a person who's never created anything. People should learn to criticise constructively. If you say something is not done well, give an example of how it is suppose to be done so the person can learn.

What we just see here is people creating their own expectations and judging a movie by what they expect it should be and not what it actually is. They should learn to watch movies with an open mind.

It's her first movie, gradually she will take on more complicated plots.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by MrBONE2(m): 8:01am On Jan 05, 2019
Taniaa:
Psquare's role was so irrelevant lol its not by force to cast musicians
Yes SiSi you are right cos his continuing stay in the movie is an extension of his irrelevance grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by timay(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

So? Do you know how many trashy movies are on Netflix?

leave those people shouting Netflix. As if Netflix is a standard for rating movies. they don't even know that there are worse movies on Netflix.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by VictorRomanov: 8:02am On Jan 05, 2019
kolaxed98:

Igbo created it but for the past four years Yoruba's have been dominating, lol u own cinema?

Go to Wikipedia and search for highest grossing movie of all time in Nigerian and see how Yoruba's dominate the list.
I won't lie u guys contributed immensely to d industry, u see I use the word "immensely"that's how much I respect u guys,but that's where d respect end

Why do u think for over 20 years,suddenly Genevieve wanted to become a director.

Look at comment of neutral Igbo on this thread and see their review of d movie .

While I'm talking about directors who do u think control d directing in music industry in Nigeria.

Hint look at the names of top music video director in d music videos,Clarence peters is Yoruba before u claim him.

Wizkid come closer directed by daps is yoruba d same guy directed bad and bougee by migos,u guys don't know what is happening in d entertainment industry

I am still trying to figure out the point of this your argument. To what end is it actually?

Cc: the guy he quoted.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by MrBONE2(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2019
netsurfer01:
The movie is cool.. But that subtitle saying Hausa instead of Igbo vexes me eh!

grin
Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 05, 2019
Vtrd:

Yoruba own nothing.

It has our imprint.

And no Ben Murray Bruce didn't start jack shit
.go to Wikipedia Yoruba's have been making money since d 70s and 80s it was when u guys flooded d market with cassettes it collapsed.

Even d first movie to make money for siverbird galleria owned by Ben Murray Bruce was irapada a complete yoruba movie,it made 5 million naira the highest grossing movie of the time,why didn't any Igbo film make profit for him rubbish.

Irapada opened Nigeria cinema up and that's we started getting international recognition.

U think kunle afolayan is call Nigeria Spielberg for nothing? Shior!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter by Vtrd: 8:09am On Jan 05, 2019
kolaxed98:

Dominate what?

I don't have time to read through all the nonsense you wrote.

Is it in the number of recognised actors, films or what?

You dominate for 2-3 years and yet you can't even produce a film worthy of Netflix or any major film company.
Something that has become a norm in India.

You agree that igbos created nollywood,so what is all these stories all about, you hateful being?

Every major milestone in Nigeria in the movie industry was set by igbos, so what exactly are you on about?

The best Yoruba effort - the wedding party, casted a number of 3rd rate foreign white actors to get some international publicity.
It grossed the highest revenue in Nigeria and that was it.
It set no real international mile stone.
It was just a money guzzling money that made impact at home.

Genevieve came in did her thing quietly, with an indigenous actors and language, and set a mile stone.
Can't you see the difference between originality and fake,?
Netflix can see it, why can't you?

There are cinemas all over Nigeria, a number of whom are owned by igbos.
stop claiming nonsense.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) / Wathoni Kisses Kiddwaya During BBNaija Truth Or Dare Game / AMVCA 2017: Full Winners List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.