Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid (8640 Views)

Anxiety In Delta State As Ibori Endorses APC Senatorial Candidate / Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid / PoliticsNGR Poll: 70% Vote Against President Buhari's 2019 Re-election Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by HenryUbus12345(m): 6:19am On Jan 05, 2019
ON JANUARY 4, 2019

A former Delta Governor, Chief James Ibori says Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa deserves a second term to sustain peace and developments in the state.

Ibori said this in his goodwill message on Friday when the State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) commenced its 2019 elections campaign for governorship and other candidates at Oghara Township Stadium, Oghara, Ethiope West Local Government Area.

He said that Okowa had performed creditably and had kept the peace and unity in line with the political mandate of the people of the state.

Ibori urged the Anioma people of the state to take up the challenge of ensuring the return of Okowa for a second term in office in March. He said that Okowa had performed exceptionally, saying that he (Okowa) understood the political arrangements and had kept faith by honouring the political leaders of the state.

The former governor said that Okowa deserved a second term in office and urged all Deltans to support his governorship re-election bid. “I have no doubt in my mind that the governor has done exceedingly well.

He is confident, capable, knowledgeable, intelligent and have the capacity to rule the state for a second term. “Okowa belongs to this political family and he has all it takes to lead. “I am indeed very pleased with you because when I was away, in 2015 you (Okowa) started your campaign here and today you have returned to commence your campaign in Oghara.

“That tells me that you (Okowa) know the political history of this state and I (Chief James Ibori), as the head of the political family in Delta, I declare and decree that you have all it takes to lead our state.

“Gov. Okowa knows what to do at any time. He has respect for elders and I pray God to guide him and anybody that is planning evil will not succeed.

“On my own, I am solidly behind you. I am with you spiritually and politically and for you the Anioma people, this is your challenge; take up the challenge,’’ Ibori said.

He urged the people of the state to go all out and support Okowa and all the candidates of the PDP in the coming elections.

On his part, Okowa reassured the people of his resolve to continue with the poverty alleviation agenda of his administration if re-elected. He said that plans were on to continue and complete all road projects awarded, job creation and other developmental programmes in the state.

Okowa said that with the achievements of his administration in the past three and half years, he was sure of victory in March. He called on the people for support and urged them to carry the campaign to the grassroots.

The governor was confident that more people would defect from the opposition party to the PDP before the general elections. He challenged the oppositions to a debate, saying: “I offer myself to a debate on issues concerning Delta. “Can you be a governor when you are nowhere to be found. We don’t want strangers.

“They may be born here but they are strangers, who comes in only during elections. “We are sure of winning the oppositions in all the senatorial districts, even in Ethiope East. So I urge you to take the campaign message from door to door.’’

The governor thanked the leaders of the party, the traditional rulers, youths and women for their support which had ensured peace and security in the state and had promoted the economy of the state and the nation. He said that because of the existing peace in the state, the state was number four in crude oil production in 2015 and had now become number one.

Okowa promised to utilise the increasing revenue to better the lives of the people if re-elected as governor.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the state PDP Chairman, Mr Kingsley Esiso, handed over the party’s flags to all candidates of the party for the forthcoming elections in the state and National Assembly.

NAN reports that the occasion was more of a carnival at Oghara, a town regarded as the political capital of PDP in Delta.

(NAN).

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/ibori-endorses-gov-okowas-re-election-bid/

1 Like

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by urbobo20(m): 6:30am On Jan 05, 2019
the crowd there is simply the work of #1000 well story Don change for pdp in delta state

3 Likes

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by Joe88(m): 6:33am On Jan 05, 2019
Ibori that should hide his head in shame for the rest of his life is still endorsing someone. Such a joke of a system.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by gaby(m): 6:36am On Jan 05, 2019
One ticket...
Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by X34500098: 6:53am On Jan 05, 2019
gathering of evil men. I still don't understand the political worth of the two

2 Likes

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by Homeboiy: 6:54am On Jan 05, 2019
tongue
Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by Etizz: 7:25am On Jan 05, 2019
What a shame, and okowa have absolutely nothing to offer Delta state, it's a pity how they succeed in bringing criminals to rule the state for a long time and no one good can take over....

7 Likes

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 05, 2019
the one and only governor we ever had in Delta State.
we are not listening to you this time. okowa has refused to pay salary and he must go back to Owa-Alero as buhari is going to Duara

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by ceejayMAX(m): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2019
Okowa carry go jare.ogboru fit go hug transformer after election cool

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2019
sad
Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by WarriAproko: 7:28am On Jan 05, 2019
Ogboru will take over.. Delta State so corrupt

11 Likes

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by helinues: 7:31am On Jan 05, 2019
To others Ibori is corrupt but to the Deltans, he is an hero.

Nobody holly pass

3 Likes

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by Hoodbilonia: 7:33am On Jan 05, 2019
ibori was nervous
see evil men using Gods name to play
ibori has become a cocaine user
all thru the flag off he kep fidgetting with his mouth.lips.luke as if he was chewing bitter kola. okowas children proud and arrogant. abegi
see okowa and ibori dey sing sinking sand gospel song.
i burst laff ystdy by 2pm

1 Like

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by Rollins777(m): 7:37am On Jan 05, 2019
The hour has come,okowa is going while ogboru is coming in for sure.but we must atikulate in federal level.

4 Likes

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by Yankee101: 7:38am On Jan 05, 2019
How much in Billions and promised appointments did Okowa drop?

I thought they said APC
Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by FunctionX(m): 7:39am On Jan 05, 2019
Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by martowskin1(m): 7:41am On Jan 05, 2019
Joe88:
Ibori that should hide his head in shame for the rest of his life is still endorsing someone. Such a joke of a system.

Some of u just comment trash because u have android phones...... Delta state had nothing b4 ibori....

This man u will call thief, build 3 polytechnics,(the state had none b4 him), started a teaching hospital which was completed by the next governor, he never hold civil servants their wages till he left seat, build roads, and more .....

Till date he remain the best governor of that state, he was just victim of his own stubbornness.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by Sholaco: 7:46am On Jan 05, 2019
Good for okowa
Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by ArmaniUhuru: 7:50am On Jan 05, 2019
Odidigboigbo 1 of Africa has spoken. Oga own is final.

Congratulations Okowa.

One reason I will never support apc again, is because of their height of hypocrisy. Why is Tinubu called Lagos landlord? Even the worst governor of Delta state uduaghan is now a saint in the apc.
Nonsense and ingredients

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by fredlion: 7:52am On Jan 05, 2019
Only in Delta state, criminals regrouping to loot the state dry for another 4years, I cry for my state everyday, who will save us, The opposition is definitely not serious or ready,
Omo-agege made a bad political choice picking that. ogboru man, the man is not just serious , he is not a politician, no campaign, no consultation from him, after every electronic he pack his bags and run to UK, only to come back again after 4years to fool himself and possibly get paid by the ruling party

#LibrateDelta
#ShineyoureyesDeltaState

2 Likes

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by ekestic1976(f): 7:58am On Jan 05, 2019
martowskin1:

Some of u just comment trash because u have android phones...... Delta state had nothing b4 ibori....

This man u will call thief, build 3 polytechnics,(the state had none b4 him), started a teaching hospital which was completed by the next governor, he never hold civil servants their wages till he left seat, build roads, and more .....

Till date he remain the best governor of that state, he was just victim of his own stubbornness.

He built 3 polytechnics with his father's money! "He never 'hold'("owed"wink civil servants their wages . . ." Your future is already on sale. In the US where we copied the idea of endorsement, it's a big deal. No serious politician would accept the endorsement of a jail bird or he has lost the election already!

7 Likes

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by ArmaniUhuru: 8:13am On Jan 05, 2019
martowskin1:

Till date he remain the best governor of that state, he was just victim of his own stubbornness now .

No mind those useless idiots. They’re not deltans o, but they want to force failure Ogboru on us. The greatest tragedy that will happen to delta state politic is pdp losing to apc. Tinubu the grandfather of corruption will start coming to Asaba to carry delta money to Lagos. God forbid.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by Realhommie(m): 8:15am On Jan 05, 2019
martowskin1:

Your opening statement is trash.. The fact is that he stole and was jailed, he's an ex con..

In civilized climes active politicians especially those still trying to curry the goodwill of the electorate won't touch him even with a long stick.. Let's quit being sentimental and partisan.

5 Likes

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by Spatta: 8:23am On Jan 05, 2019
Nigeria is finished. Even Ibori who should hide his head in shame for running Delta aground before being arrested and taken to UK for prosecution for another crime committed before being a governor (Theft)
the same Ibori is endorsing

Indeed
So well did Ceaser asked, Et Tu Brute?
Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by wink2015(m): 8:23am On Jan 05, 2019
HenryUbus12345:

ON JANUARY 4, 2019

A former Delta Governor, Chief James Ibori says Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa deserves a second term to sustain peace and developments in the state.

Ibori said this in his goodwill message on Friday when the State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) commenced its 2019 elections campaign for governorship and other candidates at Oghara Township Stadium, Oghara, Ethiope West Local Government Area.

He said that Okowa had performed creditably and had kept the peace and unity in line with the political mandate of the people of the state.

Ibori urged the Anioma people of the state to take up the challenge of ensuring the return of Okowa for a second term in office in March. He said that Okowa had performed exceptionally, saying that he (Okowa) understood the political arrangements and had kept faith by honouring the political leaders of the state.

The former governor said that Okowa deserved a second term in office and urged all Deltans to support his governorship re-election bid. “I have no doubt in my mind that the governor has done exceedingly well.

He is confident, capable, knowledgeable, intelligent and have the capacity to rule the state for a second term. “Okowa belongs to this political family and he has all it takes to lead. “I am indeed very pleased with you because when I was away, in 2015 you (Okowa) started your campaign here and today you have returned to commence your campaign in Oghara.

“That tells me that you (Okowa) know the political history of this state and I (Chief James Ibori), as the head of the political family in Delta, I declare and decree that you have all it takes to lead our state.

“Gov. Okowa knows what to do at any time. He has respect for elders and I pray God to guide him and anybody that is planning evil will not succeed.

“On my own, I am solidly behind you. I am with you spiritually and politically and for you the Anioma people, this is your challenge; take up the challenge,’’ Ibori said.

He urged the people of the state to go all out and support Okowa and all the candidates of the PDP in the coming elections.

On his part, Okowa reassured the people of his resolve to continue with the poverty alleviation agenda of his administration if re-elected. He said that plans were on to continue and complete all road projects awarded, job creation and other developmental programmes in the state.

Okowa said that with the achievements of his administration in the past three and half years, he was sure of victory in March. He called on the people for support and urged them to carry the campaign to the grassroots.

The governor was confident that more people would defect from the opposition party to the PDP before the general elections. He challenged the oppositions to a debate, saying: “I offer myself to a debate on issues concerning Delta. “Can you be a governor when you are nowhere to be found. We don’t want strangers.

“They may be born here but they are strangers, who comes in only during elections. “We are sure of winning the oppositions in all the senatorial districts, even in Ethiope East. So I urge you to take the campaign message from door to door.’’

The governor thanked the leaders of the party, the traditional rulers, youths and women for their support which had ensured peace and security in the state and had promoted the economy of the state and the nation. He said that because of the existing peace in the state, the state was number four in crude oil production in 2015 and had now become number one.

Okowa promised to utilise the increasing revenue to better the lives of the people if re-elected as governor.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the state PDP Chairman, Mr Kingsley Esiso, handed over the party’s flags to all candidates of the party for the forthcoming elections in the state and National Assembly.

NAN reports that the occasion was more of a carnival at Oghara, a town regarded as the political capital of PDP in Delta.

(NAN).

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/ibori-endorses-gov-okowas-re-election-bid/

DELTANS SHOULD NOT LISTEN TO EX-GOVERNOR JAMES ONANEFE IBORI BUT TO USE THEIR VOTE WISELY TO VOTE IN THE MOST COMPETENT GOVERNOR.

Delta state has suffered too much for over 20 years under bad political leadership.

* NO INDUSTRIES
* NO WORKING SEAPORT
* NO GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT FOR THE YOUTH
* NO GOOD AND STANDARD ROADS THAT MATCH THE HUGE AMOUNT OF FEDERAL ALLOCATION THAT IS COMING TO THE STATE TREASURY.

* NO INDICES OF GROWTH
* NO STANDARD INFRASTRUCTURE
* NO REGULAR ELECTRICITY

ENOUGH OF IBORI ANTICS!

1 Like

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by kpacity(m): 8:24am On Jan 05, 2019
Similar case is applicable in Rivers state we can no longer laid any little hope for politician.Nigerian youth should rise against the action of our politician if not our future is drain. Just imaging here in Rivers state Ameachi is imposing someone we don't even know his political history on rivers people all in the name of God fatherism.though Ameachi impact in rivers state will still be enjoy by generation to come.In the other hand the present governor is the worst rivers state had ever produced yet he is desperate for a second tenure.since i emergence of this man as governor security situation in rivers state has been very poor to a very high extend to the level that 75% communities in rivers state are been threaten by cultist that many people can not travel for xmas.since wike assume office in rivers state no pensioners have been paid their arrears and gratuity.recently we heard that the state is owing billions of dept, the worst of all is that NO JOB HAS BEEN CREATED FOR OUR TEEMING GRADUATE AND YOUTH.since 2015.yet he seek a second tenure.
Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by mogbeyiteren: 8:27am On Jan 05, 2019
Joe88:
Keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by jamace(m): 8:42am On Jan 05, 2019
I see a psychologically traumatised Ibori from travails of looting and imprisonment. Conscience is an open wound, only honesty can cure it.

Nigerian politicians should chose honesty above illegal wealth.

1 Like

Re: Ibori Endorses Gov. Okowa’s Re-election Bid by obonujoker(m): 8:54am On Jan 05, 2019
What's the difference between Ibori and Tinubu??

(1) (2) (Reply)

FAAC: FG Shares N610.36bn Allocation To Three Tiers Of Govt. In Feb / History Made: An Igbo Man Ernest Ezeajughi Becomes The First Black Mayor Of Lond / 2023: I Am A Very Loyal Person – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.