Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage (1136 Views)

My Husband Hired Agbero To Beat Me After 8 Months Into Marriage – Woman Laments / I Need Advice Before Taking The Huge Step Into Marriage. / Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by OmonoWrites: 7:03am On Jan 05, 2019
It is very common to find friends and relatives that are likely to pressure one into marriage, just because they have ‘come of age’, in their thinking. This pressure seems most likely harder on the women than the men.

According to some, it is as if there is a sort of timeline attached to the life of the African woman, who has to go to school at a certain age, find love and get married at a certain age.

When the latter does not happen, her family and some friends start informing her that age is no longer on her side; they bring up that ‘a woman fades away with age’ explanation/rationalization.

The interesting thing, however, is the fact that no one really considers talking to these people about marriage itself, and the challenges/realities involved. They are more concerned with the wedding ceremony/ceremonies.

Here are a few reasons why no one should rush into marriage;

See the list here https://lingoafrica.com/five-reasons-why-you-should-not-rush-into-marriage/

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by OmonoWrites: 8:53am On Jan 05, 2019
shocked
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by OmonoWrites: 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2019
cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by OmonoWrites: 9:35am On Jan 06, 2019
Happy Sunday
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by Austine567(m): 9:58am On Jan 06, 2019
and am thinking of getting married at 25.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by ecstasy357(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2019
Number 3 is so real and funny. A lot of nairalanders r guilty of it.

You hear stories like... My husband has been coming very late lately, he said its work. Today I called his office, dey said he left early. I think he's cheating on me. I'm so confuse. Nairalanders, what should I do?

Because Nairaland is were u guys got married
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by OmonoWrites: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2019
ecstasy357:
Number 3 is so real and funny. A lot of nairalanders r guilty of it.

You hear stories like... My husband has been coming very late lately, he said its work. Today I called his office, dey said he left early. I think he's cheating on me. I'm so confuse. Nairalanders, what should I do?

Because Nairaland is were u guys got married

LOL! You are so right!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by OmonoWrites: 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
Austine567:
and am thinking of getting married at 25.

Nothing wrong with that, just make sure you are not rushing o.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by OmonoWrites: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2019
angry
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
OmonoWrites:
angry

Paste the reasons here so we can discuss it.

You can now direct us to your blog to read part two or how to solve the problems listed etc.

You get the idea.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by OmonoWrites: 9:36pm On Jan 06, 2019
bukatyne:

You can now direct us to your blog to read part two or how to solve the problems listed etc.

You get the idea.

Okay
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by OmonoWrites: 5:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by jakandeola(m): 9:38am On Jan 08, 2019
bukatyne:

You get the idea.
pls dear were is cococandy
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into Marriage by OmonoWrites: 11:35am On Jan 08, 2019
hannaluv:
I created a group to enlighten us the youth especially ladies on relationship, love, sex and marriage. If you are interested you can join using this link.
https:///KDfFDyXBqDTJzs8dpPstVb

Well done.

(1) (Reply)

Cakes For All Occasions / What's Cost Of Affidavit? / Hd Foodies ( Relocated to the Business Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.