Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,718 members, 7,813,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! (27206 Views)

#EndSARS: Man Cries After His Car Was Destroyed By Hoodlums In Abuja (video) / See What Is Left Of A Toyota Corolla Vandalized By Car Thieves In Broad Daylight / Man Was Seen Having Sex In Highlander In Benue At Night & His Car Was Snatched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by ceejay80s(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
the first page is just filled with useless comments from useless small boys, everybody can now afford 1300 Naira for 2gb data valid for 3months and the come here to talk rubbish, how many of u know how much four wheel cover sells for? the kind of comments I see sometimes makes me want to kill.....some of una papa wey no know how much dem take dey duplicate car key go come here dey talk rubbish, nonsense

3 Likes

Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by effissyman(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
Get admitted to any university in China now without stress...check my signature for contact and more info
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by vastolord4(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
But this na old news naa
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by ChiefAlex(m): 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2019
ipobarecriminals:
i go there August yearly.Yeah! i collected my 500k .That is US thing sha.
I don’t do USA. If it’s scam, you would have seen me advertise about all countries. But I’m only sure of Canada own and that’s why I’m concentrating on Canada alone
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by 3kay945(m): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
Many moronic comments from sick people here.

@op,..
Sorry for your loss. I always do the steering lock rod. My Lexus alarm will trigger if you try opening my door after I have locked it with key.
Still planning on the comprehensive insurance thing.

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by Speedyconnect15: 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2019
sacramento1212:

Pedal lock should be the least of security devices to be considered to secure a vehicle if on the aspect of theft in today's world. I won't even advice my enemy to make use of a pedal lock when there are better ways to secure a vehicle.

Anyway, the thread never indicated that the said Corolla was stolen but rather vandalized so pedal lock shouldn't have been offered as an advise. The best is to comprehensively insure his vehicle henceforth after replacing the affected parts and also for readers to also do so because pedal lock, tracker, steering lock,etc won't cough out money for replacement parts if one is faced in this type of situation.

Enjoy the rest of your day

Oga na like that insurance dey pay?

Pedal lock is even better than tracker.
It's one of the best in the world
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by deebrownneymar: 4:10pm On Jan 05, 2019
ExcelDeBaron:
Hello Nairalanders, am relatively newly registered on this forum even though I have been an observant guest. Its so unfortunate that the first news am posting here is about armed robbery and theft.

Am putting this out here so that Nairalanders who own my type of car will be on high alert as they have started again. The car is question is a Toyota Corrolla 2006 model. Take note. Funny enough, I parked into this estate in Lagos newly and was assured that its the safest place in the world after heaven shocked shocked. Funny enough again, I ran away from my former area because people's house were being burgled. I now decided to move to an area that is gated like an estate. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Now to the matter. On the 1st of this month, I came back from crossover service and parked my car. It was intact and everything was safe. By 7am, my neighbour and friend woke me up that our cars have been vandalized! I went out immediately... Lo and behold, this is what I met in the pictures below. What annoyed me most in this matter is how everybody was trivialising the matter in my neighborhood saying things like "Its a normal thing, Are you the first his car was robbed, are you the only car robbed, There is hunger in the country and boys must chop. These are the few terrible thibgs I have heard so far. So because its a normal thing, I shouldn't react when am robbed? Funny world. When I say Nigerians are highly religious but the most wicked, backward and irresponsible people I have seen in this world, it will be like am going far. But thats a story for another day.

I reported the matter to our estate chairman and the estate security. They were absolutely clueless as to what transpired. The chairman promised to do all within his powers to make the area more secure. But I believe that if preventive measures have been in place and the security was on more high alert, this would have been prevented! Infact, this is one of the reasons that prompted this thread because I believe people should put more preventive measures going forward to forestall attacks and armed robberies. Outlined is what I feel should be done;

(1) On festive periods like Christmas Eve and night, New years Eve and night, Salla Night, Easter night, Owambe and party nights, people should not be carried away by the euphoria of celebration. Be on high alert! Armed robbers and burglars capitalize a lot on this because people will be carried away by enjoyment and too much flexing! Also not to forget nights when it rains heavily with thunderstorms! Criminals capitalize on this too!

(2) Install car trackers and Alarms in your car. This is very important. If possible get a mechanic to find a way and make your car to be shocking at night when you park it! Maybe car battery or something. If you noticed, I have steering lock in my car. Also put this. Because they may soon be jacking full cars while you sleep!

(3) Get a body guard that will be protecting your house alone aside estate security. I heard these criminals atimes jump gated houses too to rob cars! Highest 15k in a month. But it will save you a whole including heart attack!

(4) Get a wicked security dog like Bull Mastiff, Alsatian or Pitbull. Train them to be ruthless to intruders at night. This will also save you a whole lot including your life! Train them to kill with precise precision.

(5) Install CCTVS too. Even though this may not catch the thieves, I believe there faces will be captured and exposed.

(6) Pray and keep faithful to the highest security in the universe. You know who am talking about. Thanks a lot.

N.B
Things I lost in the car are these;
A Brainbox
All 4 Automatic window controllers
Back window glass through which they centered the car

Instead of you to thank God the whole car wasn't stolen. Smh. You don't know how lucky you are.

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by sacramento1212: 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

Oga na like that insurance dey pay?

Pedal lock is even better than tracker.
It's one of the best in the world

Before contracting the services of an insurance company, ensure you do your due diligence very well because there are many mushroom insurance companies.

As for pedal lock, it may be better in some ways than the tracker because everything has its pros and cons. But whether pedal lock or tracker, they both wouldn't assist prevent vandalism which is the discuss.

On the aspect of theft and even vandalism, comprehensive insurance beats all other forms of security because you can select a package that covers all.
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by EazyMoh(m): 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
quentin06:

i beg to differ, its always toyota, they dont touch honda, mazda or nissan just toyota.

imagine 2006 corrolla has no immobilizer, my 94 vento has.

its been parked outside for 2yrs, no one touched it, yet over 20 camrys have been stolen in my estate. in 2018
Calm down sir, his car never stolen. It was vandalized.
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2019
EazyMoh:
Calm down sir, his car never stolen. It was vandalized.
dont you get it?, it wasnt stolen because the thief never wanted to steal it.

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by periphetes: 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Please o.. Nigerians you people should stick to buying Toyota and Honda only. Make una no begin buy Benz anyhow because that is when demand for their parts will increase and Dem go begin thief our Benz parts wey no cheap to replace... Please and please, stick to your corollas and Camrys I take God beg una.

grin cheesy Exactly what I am praying should not end up happening. Although, this frequent robbery of Toyota's might discourage more buyers from the brand. Gosh corolla is just too over hyped. undecided
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2019
periphetes:

grin cheesy Exactly what I am praying should not end up happening. Although, this frequent robbery of Toyota's might discourage more buyers from the brand. Gosh corolla is just too over hyped. undecided
that car is a moving tin can with grinding engine for propulsion. grin

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by cluewebhost(m): 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2019
I saw the title and knew it would be a Corolla.

If you must buy this car pay for Comprehensive (not Third Party) Insurance from Mansard, Cornerstone or one of the Big companies.

Make sure vandalism and theft are covered.
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by doggedfighter(f): 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2019
ChiefAlex:

I’m an agent. Everyone has his or her own agenda. I would soon travel as well but not until i finish what I’m doing here in Nigeria

Are you aware that you are a thief?
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by ChiefAlex(m): 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
doggedfighter:

Are you aware that you are a thief?
Are you okay? Did i thief your money?
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by ipobarecriminals: 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2019
ChiefAlex:

I don’t do USA. If it’s scam, you would have seen me advertise about all countries. But I’m only sure of Canada own and that’s why I’m concentrating on Canada alone
ik.I'll contact u asap
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by goslowgoslow(m): 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
Pat081:
your type will talk asif ur forefathers own a bike in dia life
Bro no vex o na joke o.....I feel sorry the guy o don't mind me. grin

1 Like

Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by doggedfighter(f): 7:57pm On Jan 05, 2019
ChiefAlex:

Are you okay? Did i thief your money?
Come and collect 400k deposit na. Canada ko,Malabu ni
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by OfficialSam(m): 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:
On top Toyota corolla you no want make we hear word. No be your mates dem vandalize their rolls Royce and they simply import spare parts from obodo oyinbo to fix the damages.

You are the biggest fool of the century. Idiot!
Have you ever bought a car before and what model, if I may ask? I have been observing how you always spew trash on this platform. Stop being stupid, it's a new year.
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by Pat081: 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2019
goslowgoslow:

Bro no vex o na joke o.....I feel sorry the guy o don't mind me. grin
lols
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by ChiefAlex(m): 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2019
doggedfighter:

Come and collect 400k deposit na. Canada ko,Malabu ni
You’re a clown. Go to bed
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by ChiefAlex(m): 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2019
ipobarecriminals:
ik.I'll contact u asap
Okay
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by Alphageometrix: 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2019
kiddoiLL:
chai!! for Nigeria here And u dey para like this, u no even thank God say dem no remove d engine go
I no wan laugh

Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by Brittyj: 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
shocked dat was how dey stole my wipes
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by amliftedhigher: 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2019
quentin06:

car insurance in nigeria is a joke, unless you have money to waste.
No my brother you are wrong. Insurance is working well in Nigeria
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by armadeo(m): 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
Imbeciles who dont own a bicycle commenting on a car.

Idiots who have never bought fuel in their lives are commenting.

People who cannot identify a mechanic workshop are talking about let's hear word.

I don't blame you guys at all. I hope when you all finally buy your car it gets stripped and you'll then remember this comment you all made.

Fools
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by Amiblaize77(f): 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2019
Successimpactld:
many are mad few are normal

Many are mad few are roaming
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2019
ExcelDeBaron:
Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44 Please help me take this to front page. Let the whole world know how I started my new year and also let Nigerians be on high alert.

Nairalanders please help me and say a prayer of curse on these criminals and culprits. May they and their relatives and generations remain cursed forever till they meet there untimely deaths in the mighty name of Jesus Amen. O God, may whoever or the people that did this never have peace in there lives till they perish, caught and burnt alive. All this I ask in the mighty name of Jesus... Amen.

God bless us all legit hustlers out there. It is well.
prayer of curse ke...baba abeg na new year i dy so...i no want wahala....if dem vandalize ur car, park am go buy bycicle for the main time or u contact me for used cars (buy 1 get 2 free)
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by Fixitgood(m): 8:29am On Jan 06, 2019
No buy car if you no live for compound with parking space. Or for street without good security.
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by ahiboilandgas: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2019
ExcelDeBaron:
Hello Nairalanders, am relatively newly registered on this forum even though I have been an observant guest. Its so unfortunate that the first news am posting here is about armed robbery and theft.

Am putting this out here so that Nairalanders who own my type of car will be on high alert as they have started again. The car is question is a Toyota Corrolla 2006 model. Take note. Funny enough, I parked into this estate in Lagos newly and was assured that its the safest place in the world after heaven shocked shocked. Funny enough again, I ran away from my former area because people's house were being burgled. I now decided to move to an area that is gated like an estate. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Now to the matter. On the 1st of this month, I came back from crossover service and parked my car. It was intact and everything was safe. By 7am, my neighbour and friend woke me up that our cars have been vandalized! I went out immediately... Lo and behold, this is what I met in the pictures below. What annoyed me most in this matter is how everybody was trivialising the matter in my neighborhood saying things like "Its a normal thing, Are you the first his car was robbed, are you the only car robbed, There is hunger in the country and boys must chop. These are the few terrible thibgs I have heard so far. So because its a normal thing, I shouldn't react when am robbed? Funny world. When I say Nigerians are highly religious but the most wicked, backward and irresponsible people I have seen in this world, it will be like am going far. But thats a story for another day.

I reported the matter to our estate chairman and the estate security. They were absolutely clueless as to what transpired. The chairman promised to do all within his powers to make the area more secure. But I believe that if preventive measures have been in place and the security was on more high alert, this would have been prevented! Infact, this is one of the reasons that prompted this thread because I believe people should put more preventive measures going forward to forestall attacks and armed robberies. Outlined is what I feel should be done;

(1) On festive periods like Christmas Eve and night, New years Eve and night, Salla Night, Easter night, Owambe and party nights, people should not be carried away by the euphoria of celebration. Be on high alert! Armed robbers and burglars capitalize a lot on this because people will be carried away by enjoyment and too much flexing! Also not to forget nights when it rains heavily with thunderstorms! Criminals capitalize on this too!

(2) Install car trackers and Alarms in your car. This is very important. If possible get a mechanic to find a way and make your car to be shocking at night when you park it! Maybe car battery or something. If you noticed, I have steering lock in my car. Also put this. Because they may soon be jacking full cars while you sleep!

(3) Get a body guard that will be protecting your house alone aside estate security. I heard these criminals atimes jump gated houses too to rob cars! Highest 15k in a month. But it will save you a whole including heart attack!

(4) Get a wicked security dog like Bull Mastiff, Alsatian or Pitbull. Train them to be ruthless to intruders at night. This will also save you a whole lot including your life! Train them to kill with precise precision.

(5) Install CCTVS too. Even though this may not catch the thieves, I believe there faces will be captured and exposed.

(6) Pray and keep faithful to the highest security in the universe. You know who am talking about. Thanks a lot.

N.B
Things I lost in the car are these;
A Brainbox
All 4 Automatic window controllers
Back window glass through which they centered the car
i knew it was this colora it has high second value and part sellable ....the take the part to market to resell ...avoid popular cars ....i have a Volvo it park all day outside no thief ....it was he'll well I drove Honda....changed mirror 14 times.....infact the stole the car finally
Re: My Car Was Vandalized In An Estate In Lagos!! by hanifah04(f): 10:31am On Jan 07, 2019
Do you own a car?
Do you own or manage a fleet of cars?
Are you a driver or partner on uber/taxify Platforms?
Do you want to manage your risk and avoid story that touch the heart? Then you need the following on your car;
Protection against fire and theft
Protection against accidental damage and third party property damage
Compensation on loss of personal effect
Settlement of medical expenses resulting from accident
All you need is a Comprehensive Insurance cover to manage your risk. To know more on what best cover is good for your car(s), kindly reach out to;

Folakemi 08027129465

Consultation is totally free.

We are Financial Advisors, we offer Insurance Services, we help you manage your risk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Driver Burgles Apartment 4 Days After Employment (photo) / #Ekitimourns Trends On Twitter As At Least 20 Lives Lost A Trailer Accident / 2 Missing Herdsmen Found Dead In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.