Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,959 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse (671 Views)

Free Sex Is Still Not Free / Free Sex Is Not Really Free / "Sex Is Sweet": Kaduna Redeemed Christian Church Of God Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by pressplay411(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2019
If you would honestly evaluate what sex has destroyed in your life, you should soberly choose to sexually discipline your self this year.
Sex is such a beautiful thing.
So why is it bad?

Because it should be done appropriately, honouably and in God's will.
Because it is so special to God.
Because it is the power of God given to man. The power to create life. It is the power of spiritual and intimate knowledge between a man and a woman. No wonder God refers to sex as "Knowing each other."

Something particularly happens when a woman engages in sex. I do not understand it yet. But it is beyond the attachment and implication it has to a man, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
Same reason a woman could rather wish to die than be raped.

If women come to know the power they wield in God, oh I long to see that day. If women knew what it meant to be a Woman before the fall of Eve.
If a woman comes to the knowledge of what God means by creating her as a Helper.
Perhaps, just perhaps... Creation would attain perfection again in no time.

Everything good is worth waiting for. Everything right is worth doing right.
Sex, which God gave us to create life, is today the cause of so many deaths (spiritually and physically).
Choose sexual purity this year and instead channel the appetite and divert it to "knowing" Christ intimately.

Nosce te ipsum. Know Thyself.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by paxonel(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2019
How about casual sex between bf and gf of 18+, is it good or bad?
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2019
pressplay411:
If you would honestly evaluate what sex has destroyed in your life, you should soberly choose to sexually discipline your self this year.
Sex is such a beautiful thing.
So why is it bad?

Because it should be done appropriately, honouably and in God's will.
Because it is so special to God.
Because it is the power of God given to man. The power to create life. It is the power of spiritual and intimate knowledge between a man and a woman. No wonder God refers to sex as "Knowing each other."

Something particularly happens when a woman engages in sex. I do not understand it yet. But it is beyond the attachment and implication it has to a man, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
Same reason a woman could rather wish to die than be raped.

If women come to know the power they wield in God, oh I long to see that day. If women knew what it meant to be a Woman before the fall of Eve.
If a woman comes to the knowledge of what God means by creating her as a Helper.
Perhaps, just perhaps... Creation would attain perfection again in no time.

Everything good is worth waiting for. Everything right is worth doing right.
Sex, which God gave us to create life, is today the cause of so many deaths (spiritually and physically).
Choose sexual purity this year and instead channel the appetite and divert it to "knowing" Christ intimately.

Nosce te ipsum. Know Thyself.
@the bolded i coundnt agree more!!
Spot on!!

1 Like

Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by pressplay411(m): 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2019
paxonel:
How about casual sex between bf and gf of 18+, is it good or bad?
Sex is for married couples.
Sex is so overwhelming, it has a way of consuming and controlling you once you start to engage in it.
Stop living sexually immoral and see how focused your life will be.

Is it easy? Certainly no.
Is it possible? Certainly yes.
Is it worth it? You wouldn't believe it even if I described the benefits.
God bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by paxonel(m): 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2019
pressplay411:

Sex is for married couples.
Sex is so overwhelming, it has a way of consuming and controlling you once you start to engage in it.
Stop living sexually immoral and see how focused your life will be.

Is it easy? Certainly no.
Is it possible? Certainly yes.
Is it worth it? You wouldn't believe it even if I described the benefits.
God bless you sir.
are bf and gf not married couples?

Whats the difference between bf and gf with the married anyway?
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by pressplay411(m): 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2019
paxonel:
are bf and gf not married couples?

Whats the difference between bf and gf with the married anyway?

Lol OK. Even your societal laws dont support this. We are clearly not on the same page. Where does one start from?
Repent first.

1 Like

Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by paxonel(m): 6:02am On Jan 06, 2019
pressplay411:

Lol OK. Even your societal laws dont support this. We are clearly not on the same page. Where does one start from?
Repent first.
society is faulty, lets be scriptural.

Only the bible can reveal the truth. It says whoever finds a wife findeth a good thing, not who has done marriage ceremony.
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by pressplay411(m): 6:52am On Jan 06, 2019
paxonel:
society is faulty, lets be scriptural.

Only the bible can reveal the truth. It says whoever finds a wife findeth a good thing, not who has done marriage ceremony.

Guess I misunderstood you.
Are you asking if marriage is scriptural?
Of course. It is the formal declaration of a marital union. Until that is done, you're not husband and wife.
And as you rightly quoted, he who finds a wife, not girlfriend.

So boyfriend or girlfriend is not a time for sex.
I actually do not advise such.
Because adults will be adults and if care is not taken one or both will eventually fall. And once you start having sex, you might find it difficult to stop.
Besides, it has a way of clouding your judgments of one another.
Boyfriend or girlfriend relationship has a limit of commitment.
You can break up at any time.
Until you both become husband and wife, it is wrong to engage in sex.

Rather focus on building yourself in Christ, knowing what you want in your husband or wife. When they come around, you'll know. The only thing that would be on your mind then is marriage, not even courtship.
Did you hear of any courtship in the scriptures?

Marriage is not a sensual affair, it is in fact, the most spiritual.
I already know what to expect in my wife, if you study the stories of the marriage of Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Esther, Ruth and pray about it, it will be revealed to you.

1 Like

Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by paxonel(m): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2019
pressplay411:

Guess I misunderstood you.
Are you asking if marriage is scriptural?
Of course. It is the formal declaration of a marital union.
the african society and the church didn't define marriage this way.
The african society have it that unless the man pays the bride price and perform a ceremony he is never married.
But this definition you put here is very correct. That also means that if a bf formally declares his love for the gf and she accept it they have married like that.

Until that is done, you're not husband and wife.
And as you rightly quoted, he who finds a wife, not girlfriend.
Exactly!
Until the declaration is done they are not husband and wife, There must be agreement between the two parties.
And since bf and gf have agreed to love each other we dont need any further celebration or bride price to declare them husband and wife.
Celebration and bride price should be at the discretion of the couple(bf and gf) involve and not a demand from the society,parents and church.

So boyfriend or girlfriend is not a time for sex.
I actually do not advise such.
Because adults will be adults and if care is not taken one or both will eventually fall.
married people fall as well and get divorced is it not the same thing?

And once you start having sex, you might find it difficult to stop.
ahh! Stop?
Stop for what?
Husband and wife never stoped having sex now, why will they?

Besides, it has a way of clouding your judgments of one another.
there are no prove that everyone that are into bf and gf sex suffers this.

Boyfriend or girlfriend relationship has a limit of commitment.
You can break up at any time.
people that break up have this wrong mindset it should have a limit, they are not different from divorced married couple who at a point begins to think that the marriage should have a limit, lets go our seperate ways.
The african society and church should start seeing bf and gf as a very serious relationship which should be for people who are committed to each so long they are 18+

Until you both become husband and wife, it is wrong to engage in sex.
this theory has not been proven right.

Rather focus on building yourself in Christ, knowing what you want in your husband or wife. When they come around, you'll know. The only thing that would be on your mind then is marriage, not even courtship.
is that so? grin

Did you hear of any courtship in the scriptures?
oh, there are so many of them including Joseph and Mary

I already know what to expect in my wife, if you study the stories of the marriage of Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Esther, Ruth and pray about it, it will be revealed to you.
Isaac and Rebecah never married. Infact the bible recorded that Isaac saw Rebecah from afar, and fell in love, and took her in.
Whoever finds a wife finds a good thing.

The life is a very simple life but religion and society are making it difficult for themselves
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by pressplay411(m): 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2019
paxonel:
the african society and the church didn't define marriage this way.
The african society have it that unless the man pays the bride price and perform a ceremony he is never married.
But this definition you put here is very correct. That also means that if a bf formally declares his love for the gf and she accept it they have married like that.
Exactly!
Until the declaration is done they are not husband and wife, There must be agreement between the two parties.
And since bf and gf have agreed to love each other we dont need any further celebration or bride price to declare them husband and wife.
Celebration and bride price should be at the discretion of the couple(bf and gf) involve and not a demand from the society,parents and church.
married people fall as well and get divorced is it not the same thing?
ahh! Stop?
Stop for what?
Husband and wife never stoped having sex now, why will they?
there are no prove that everyone that are into bf and gf sex suffers this.
people that break up have this wrong mindset it should have a limit, they are not different from divorced married couple who at a point begins to think that the marriage should have a limit, lets go our seperate ways.
The african society and church should start seeing bf and gf as a very serious relationship which should be for people who are committed to each so long they are 18+
this theory has not been proven right.
is that so? grin
oh, there are so many of them including Joseph and Mary
Isaac and Rebecah never married. Infact the bible recorded that Isaac saw Rebecah from afar, and fell in love, and took her in.
Whoever finds a wife finds a good thing.

The life is a very simple life but religion and society are making it difficult for themselves

Until you are born again, all I'm saying will sound like hogwash.
Let that be your priority this year. To know what it means to be born again. To know who Christ is. To know what it means to be like Christ. To know and have a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit.
Have a blessed year paxonel.
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by paxonel(m): 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2019
pressplay411:

Until you are born again, all I'm saying will sound like hogwash.
Let that be your priority this year. To know what it means to be born again. To know who Christ is. To know what it means to be like Christ. To know and have a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit.
Have a blessed year paxonel.
And you too.

But does it mean that born again is a difficult life as you people are putting it? grin
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by pressplay411(m): 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2019
paxonel:
And you too.

But does it mean that born again is a difficult life as you people are putting it? grin

Lol thank you for asking. I was just addressing this earlier on a different platform.

Telling someone to live the Christian life sounds impossible.
The truth is, it is impossible for man.
Don't have sex, don't lie, don't gossip, don't do this, don't do that, be generous to the poor, pay tithes, fast and pray, go to church regularly, evangelise and win souls, don't go to the club, etc

Some times I hear myself and I can't help but think this must sound scary to an unbeliever.lol Just as the Israelites were scared to enter the promised land or even draw close to God at the mountain but rather asked Moses to go on their behalf.lol
But truly, it is also not an overnight change. It is a growth process. A journey through the wilderness.
Which is why it is wrong to judge a believer still struggling with certain sin or unrighteousness. Rather exhort and pray for them.
God has probably worked on other aspects of his life and only that one sin easily besets him/her. And with prayer and yiededness, that too shall pass.

So truly, it is impossible for man to live righteously. But as a Christian, it is very possible to live righteously.
Which is what makes me trust and believe in Christ the more.
It is not you or me trying to fulfill any of these. We can't.
Once you come into Christ, you receive Grace to become like Christ- The Holy Spirit.
It is no longer you trying to fulfill all these righteous-living.
It is Christ living inside us, the hope of Glory. Colossians 1:27
Yes, it is impossible for man, but with God, nothing is impossible.

Christianity cannot be adequately explained, it can only be experienced.
Explanation has led many astray as they either will get scared of it or they misunderstand the explanation to their own detriment.
But once you come into the Light and submit to the Lordship of Christ and yield to the leading of the Holyspirit... You are no longer human (mere man).
Selah

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, the Life. John 14:6
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by paxonel(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
pressplay411:

Lol thank you for asking. I was just addressing this earlier on a different platform.

Telling someone to live the Christian life sounds impossible.
The truth is, it is impossible for man.
Don't have sex, don't lie, don't gossip, don't do this, don't do that, be generous to the poor, pay tithes, fast and pray, go to church regularly, evangelise and win souls, don't go to the club, etc

Some times I hear myself and I can't help but think this must sound scary to an unbeliever.lol Just as the Israelites were scared to enter the promised land or even draw close to God at the mountain but rather asked Moses to go on their behalf.lol
But truly, it is also not an overnight change. It is a growth process. A journey through the wilderness.
Which is why it is wrong to judge a believer still struggling with certain sin or unrighteousness. Rather exhort and pray for them.
God has probably worked on other aspects of his life and only that one sin easily besets him/her. And with prayer and yiededness, that too shall pass.

So truly, it is impossible for man to live righteously. But as a Christian, it is very possible to live righteously.
Which is what makes me trust and believe in Christ the more.
It is not you or me trying to fulfill any of these. We can't.
Once you come into Christ, you receive Grace to become like Christ- The Holy Spirit.
It is no longer you trying to fulfill all these righteous-living.
It is Christ living inside us, the hope of Glory. Colossians 1:27
Yes, it is impossible for man, but with God, nothing is impossible.

Christianity cannot be adequately explained, it can only be experienced.
Explanation has led many astray as they either will get scared of it or they misunderstand the explanation to their own detriment.
But once you come into the Light and submit to the Lordship of Christ and yield to the leading of the Holyspirit... You are no longer human (mere man).
Selah

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, the Life. John 14:6
does this born again experience worth anything at all?

Why do one need to go through all the stress?

I mean, christ has done everything or are you all not aware?
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by pressplay411(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
paxonel:
does this born again experience worth anything at all?

Why do one need to go through all the stress?

I mean, christ has done everything or are you all not aware?

If you're fine with the way your life is, I doubt it can benefit you.
But for those of us who have realised we're helpless, hopeless and useless without God, we run and hold on to Christ.

1 Like

Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by paxonel(m): 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2019
pressplay411:

If you're fine with the way your life is, I doubt it can benefit you.
But for those of us who have realised we're helpless, hopeless and useless without God, we run and hold on to Christ.
you are diverting to something else.
I didnt say christ, i say born again .
What is the benefit of suffering all that stress you suffer which is associated to born again when christ didnt ask you to suffer?

You go through the stress of going to church, pray, fast, not having sex, pay tithe, evangelĂ­se, etc.
But me that do not go through all that. I enjoy my sex, i pray less, i go to church ones in a blue moon, i dont pay tithe. I am in the same heaven with you i didnt go to hell fire simply because i believe in christ just like you have done, there is no difference between you and me before God.

Is that not unfair?
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by pressplay411(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
paxonel:
you are diverting to something else.
I didnt say christ, i say born again .
What is the benefit of suffering all that stress you suffer which is associated to born again when christ didnt ask you to suffer?

You go through the stress of going to church, pray, fast, not having sex, pay tithe, evangelĂ­se, etc.
But me that do not go through all that. I enjoy my sex, i pray less, i go to church ones in a blue moon, i dont pay tithe. I am in the same heaven with you i didnt go to hell fire simply because i believe in christ just like you have done, there is no difference between you and me before God.

Is that not unfair?

This is a very exhaustive discussion. Perhaps we should discuss on WhatsApp. Kindly PM your number.

But the understanding is in John 3.
The difference is what disambiguates religious Christianity from True Christianity.
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by oboy81: 2:30am On Jan 07, 2019
Tell that to The adulterous Jehovah's Witness Elders

1 Like

Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by paxonel(m): 5:57am On Jan 07, 2019
pressplay411:

This is a very exhaustive discussion. Perhaps we should discuss on WhatsApp. Kindly PM your number.

But the understanding is in John 3.
The difference is what disambiguates religious Christianity from True Christianity.
ok o grin
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by paxonel(m): 5:59am On Jan 07, 2019
oboy81:
i tot, these jw people thinks they are the only true religion, do they involve is sex too? angry
Re: Sex Is Too Beautiful And Special To Abuse by pressplay411(m): 9:46am On Jan 07, 2019
oboy81:

People should not be your focus or standard.
Focus on Christ, choose to rely on His Word.
Everyone is on his or her growth process.
Focus on what God is doing with you.
Trust His process, submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit. Yield and obey His instructions.
Help one another, exhort one another, encourage one another, rebuke and correct one another in love.
God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

JESUS Is The Least In The Kingdom Of God/universe. Discus / A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit / What Does Being A Christian Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.