Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit (678 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Buried In Vatican Tomb After Funeral Led By Pope Francis / Do Angels Appear As Humans? My Recent Experience In A Roadside Market / What Is That Experience That Made You Feel/believe That Juju Is Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2019
A few days ago I came across a girl on uniform who was on her way back from school, and to my greatest surprise she asked for permission to share the Word of God with me.

I must say it was a pleasant surprise to see a girl of her age (about sixteen years or less), yet have God on her mind to the extent of wanting to share His Word with others, especially considering the amount of distractions the society poses in this day and age to take away young people's minds from God.

So i immediately obliged letting her know that I was also a child of God to encourage her a bit and make her feel more comfortable to share whatever she had in mind.

So she started preaching, and while she did I listened attentively to what she had to say, and it came to a point while she was yet speaking that it became clear to me that she was sent by God, for some of the things she said she couldn't have possibly known without the help of the Holy Spirit, since they had to do with my personal walk with God, and that was the first time we had ever met.

After she was through and had prayed for me, I told that I believe she was sent to me by the Holy Spirit because there were things she was saying about me that she wouldn't have known except He had let her know. And she said yes, that she wanted to refuse but...

So she actually knew she was sent by the Holy Spirit, which was also surprising to me, because I thought that she was sent without knowing it, but she let me know that it was actually the Spirit of God that was leading her to show that she already had a walk with Him.

I understand that it wasn't easy for her, hence her initial reluctance, but she showed she was willing to do what the Spirit of God had led her to do, by her going ahead as a result to talk to a stranger who was by far her senior for the first time in a public place, and I believe the Spirit of God gave her the courage she needed to carry out His instruction.

I thanked her for yielding herself to the instruction of the Spirit, because it was encouraging to yet receive another endorsement from God via someone I had never met before.

But what was encouraged me the most was to see someone so young yet walking with God to the extent of being led of His Spirit, in a society where most teenagers were being led of the flesh and the things of the world.

I pray that God keeps her yielded to His Spirit, and hope that other teenagers can learn from her example which shows that it's possible to be a teenager and still be led by the Spirit and not the things of the flesh.

God bless.

4 Likes

Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Depressed101: 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2019
Its very hard to see kids like this these days... Peer pressure has killed those all initially chose to follow the way of God. I thank God for her life..

However she will soon go the way of her peers, it's just matter of time, without the required motivation, all passion will wilther.
Most times I think God has forsaken us.

2 Likes

Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 24, 2019
Depressed101:
Its very hard to see kids like this these days... Peer pressure has killed those all initially chose to follow the way of God. I thank God for her life..

However she will soon go the way of her peers, it's just matter of time, without the required motivation, all passion will wilther.
Most times I think God has forsaken us.
Yes it's true, I also thank God for her life, and I believe it is a good sign for us to see one as such despite the peer pressure.

If someone is truly of God, God would never forsake the person even when it seems so. For there's nothing people go through now that people of God haven't gone through before, for instance King David before he assumed the throne, Job, the Apostles etc.

So that didn't mean that God had forsaken them, but it's perhaps we that have forsaken God, hence we don't have the kind of God-given peace such ones had that made them to persevere in spite of the difficult circumstances.

Thanks and God bless.

3 Likes

Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 25, 2019
Ecclesiastes 12:1 (KJV)

1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 26, 2019
jesusjnr:
Ecclesiastes 12:1 (KJV)

1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
You can start walking with God even as a teenager.
Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
Don't believe the lies they tell you, for you lose nothing, but gain everything by choosing to serve God in your youth.
Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 28, 2019
It is never too early to start walking with God.
Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
It is never too early to start walking with God.

Josiah was a teenager when he began to walk with God, and did so all of his days:

2 Chronicles 34:1-3, 33 (KJV)

1 Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem one and thirty years.
2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left.
3 For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.

33 And Josiah took away all the abominations out of all the countries that pertained to the children of Israel, and made all that were present in Israel to serve, even to serve the LORD their God. And all his days they departed not from following the LORD, the God of their fathers.
Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2019
jesusjnr:

Josiah was a teenager when he began to walk with God, and did so all of his days:

2 Chronicles 34:1-3, 33 (KJV)

1 Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem one and thirty years.
2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left.
3 For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.

33 And Josiah took away all the abominations out of all the countries that pertained to the children of Israel, and made all that were present in Israel to serve, even to serve the LORD their God. And all his days they departed not from following the LORD, the God of their fathers.
So you can be the next Josiah who began to walk with God from his days as a teenager up to till his last.
Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 02, 2019
When told Portiphar's wife had tempted Joseph to sleep with her, this was what Joseph said:

Genesis 39:9 (KJV)

9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

So Joseph refused her request despite that she persisted and bolded shows why Joseph did so.

And it was because Joseph walked with God and had the fear of God in him. And this happened was while Joseph was still a youth, so it shows that Joseph began to walk with God when he was young and this gives an idea of when:

Genesis 37:2 (KJV)

2 These are the generations of Jacob. Joseph, being seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brethren; and the lad was with the sons of Bilhah, and with the sons of Zilpah, his father's wives: and Joseph brought unto his father their evil report.

So Joseph had already started showing he was against acts of evil while he was still a teenager, long before the decision he took in the instance of Portiphar's wife to suggest that his walk with God had already started during or even before his teenage years.

And that path he walked while he was a teenage proved helpful to him when he was older, as he hence showed he did not depart from it.

God bless.
Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2019
jesusjnr:
When told Portiphar's wife had tempted Joseph to sleep with her, this was what Joseph said:

Genesis 39:9 (KJV)

9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

So Joseph refused her request despite that she persisted and bolded shows why Joseph did so.

And it was because Joseph walked with God and had the fear of God in him. And this happened was while Joseph was still a youth, so it shows that Joseph began to walk with God when he was young and this gives an idea of when:

Genesis 37:2 (KJV)

2 These are the generations of Jacob. Joseph, being seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brethren; and the lad was with the sons of Bilhah, and with the sons of Zilpah, his father's wives: and Joseph brought unto his father their evil report.

So Joseph had already started showing he was against acts of evil while he was still a teenager, long before the decision he took in the instance of Portiphar's wife to suggest that his walk with God had already started during or even before his teenage years.

And that path he walked while he was a teenage proved helpful to him when he was older, as he hence showed he did not depart from it.

God bless.
So Joseph also showed that it's not too early to begin to walk with God even as a teenager.
Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
Luke 1:26-38 (KJV)

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
33 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
34 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
35 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
36 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
37 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Now the exact age of Mary was not given, but the fact that she was yet a virgin when the angel of God delivered this message to her and also her response, showed that she had preserved her virginity in obedience to the Lord's commandment while she was yet a teenager.

That obedience was what made it possible for her to be called blessed amongst women by God, as she was the one and only woman to given the privilege of carrying the only begotten Son of God in her womb, which would have never happened had she not kept her virginity as a teenager.
Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by HIRAETH: 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
I read through ...great words God bless you .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by HIRAETH: 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
I read through ...great words God bless you .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 06, 2019
HIRAETH:
I read through ...great words
God bless you .
Thanks a lot.

God bless you too.
Re: A Recent Experience That Proved That There Were Yet Teenagers Led By The Spirit by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2019
jesusjnr:
Luke 1:26-38 (KJV)

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
33 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
34 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
35 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
36 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
37 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Now the exact age of Mary was not given, but the fact that she was yet a virgin when the angel of God delivered this message to her and also her response, showed that she had preserved her virginity in obedience to the Lord's commandment while she was yet a teenager.

That obedience was what made it possible for her to be called blessed amongst women by God, as she was the one and only woman to given the privilege of carrying the only begotten Son of God in her womb, which would have never happened had she not kept her virginity as a teenager.
The example of Mary as a teenager is one worthy of emulation.

(1) (Reply)

US Reporter Calls Out TB Joshua Over March 27th Date / Lord Raise A Reuben For Me / An Angel Vs A god

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.