Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,573 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (24729 Views)

National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know / No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill / NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 7:28am On Jan 06, 2019
akpunda86:
Nigeria and Replication.Where is Bvn.now Nin.

Ferma and mininstry of works
Frsc and civil defence
Military and boko haram
Cows and killer herdmen.

Every where is replication.

All these are being harmonized. NIMC is the sole manager of Nigerian Identity database by law
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 7:30am On Jan 06, 2019
ironheart:
We are yet to get the card

Your NIN will serve you as a means of Identification and even more
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 7:31am On Jan 06, 2019
vastolord4:
I wish this could get cyber secured because if this is eventually linked to account numbers, even senators will cry blood

I can assure you, it's a secure system
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2019
GeebeeM:

I'm sure you have your NIN already. That's the most important thing and that's what the topic is about

Its talking about d benefits of NIN which from d write up don't exist. There's no benefit
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by christredeemer: 7:35am On Jan 06, 2019
[quote author=Bluntguy post=74491764]THE END TIME IS GRADUALLY CREEPING UP ON US. IT WAS OBAMACARE IN USA, NOW IT'S NIN IN NIGERIA. I HOPE THIS IS NOT WHAT I AM THINKING.[u need upgrading in your brain, so everything now is end of time, if u don't know anything about bible go back read it very, don't just comment as someone who exit on the plant]
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 7:41am On Jan 06, 2019
GeebeeM:

Your NIN will serve you as a means of Identification and even more

Even more like what?
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 7:42am On Jan 06, 2019
lexy2014:

Its talking about d benefits of NIN which from d write up don't exist

The ID card only serve as a means of Identification. The NIN serves as a means of Identification, authentication and verification. You see, Nigerians are so smart that before you know it, they will start duplicating the card. But the NIN is unintelligent, you can guess the number. Each individual NIN is tied to his/her biometrics. So when you change the passport on the slip or card, you can't change your biometrics
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 7:48am On Jan 06, 2019
PastorandMentor:
Rubbish. I did mine 5 years ago since then no card just mumu unacceptable paper.

At the moment, the paper is even more acceptable than the card, because it has your NIN or it. I'm sure the bank has never asked you to present your BVN card. Many persons are not even aware there's a BVN card
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 7:48am On Jan 06, 2019
GeebeeM:

The ID card only serve as a means of Identification. The NIN serves as a means of Identification, authentication and verification. You see, Nigerians are so smart that before you know it, they will start duplicating the card. But the NIN is unintelligent, you can guess the number. Each individual NIN is tied to his/her biometrics. So when you change the passport on the slip or card, you can't change your biometrics

When u said more, I was expecting more. Not just one point. What exactly are u authenticating & verifying that haven't been authenticated&verified b4? How's this special? Isn't it d same security features PVC, drivers license&international passport have?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 7:49am On Jan 06, 2019
GeebeeM:

At the moment, the paper is even more acceptable than the card, because it has your NIN or it. I'm sure the bank has never asked you to present your BVN card. Many persons are not even aware there's a BVN card

Who issues d BVN card?
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by chamber247(m): 7:53am On Jan 06, 2019
amalab30:
Let all Politicians have theirs first. Plus I hope it ready for collection too. I've applied for mine since 2014, I stopped going there to check since 2016.

Nigeria needs to be organized.
check again
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 7:55am On Jan 06, 2019
lexy2014:

These are clearly not benefits cos d question is benefits 4 who? Going by what u have written, d NIN serves no purpose

I see where you're coming from, as the benefits enumerated are mostly to Nigeria as an entity. But I'm sure you wouldn't want to deal with or make transactions with a ghost. Those are the cases that cause 419. The NIN will let you know the person is who he/she claim to be
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 7:56am On Jan 06, 2019
lexy2014:

Who issues d BVN card?

The bank where you were captured
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2019
GeebeeM:

I see where you're coming from, as the benefits enumerated are mostly to Nigeria as an entity. But I'm sure you wouldn't want to deal with or make transactions with a ghost. Those are the cases that cause 419. The NIN will let you know the person is who he/she claim to be

So u saying b4 u transact business with someone, u will ask 4 NIN? So were will u verify his NIN to confirm if he is a 419 or not? If d benefits are to Nigeria as an entity, that means u can't really say how Nigerians, d people, are going 2b beneficiaries of d "benefits".
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2019
GeebeeM:

The bank where you were captured

Alright
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 8:06am On Jan 06, 2019
lexy2014:

When u said more, I was expecting more. Not just one point. What exactly are u authenticating & verifying that haven't been authenticated&verified b4? How's this special? Isn't it d same security features PVC, drivers license&international passport have?

We both know that you can have as many PVCs and drivers Licence that you want. Besides that every country has it's identity system. The PVC is for voting, the Drivers licence for drivers, the international passport for travels. The only source of identification by law is NIMC
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by amalab30(m): 8:09am On Jan 06, 2019
Yeah absolutely. I have the temporary ones.. I'm interested in the original. Thanks.

ola2006:

If you have applied since 2014, then you have NIN already what you don't have is card. NIN is different from card. NIN slip does not take time to be generated. Check the slip that was given to you. Your NIN number is on it.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Erastuslove: 8:10am On Jan 06, 2019
Bluntguy:
THE END TIME IS GRADUALLY CREEPING UP ON US. IT WAS OBAMACARE IN USA, NOW IT'S NIN IN NIGERIA. I HOPE THIS IS NOT WHAT I AM THINKING.
DONT FEAR IT WONT WORK HERE, CORRUPTION Will SWALLOW IT...... WAYS TO MAKE MORE MONEY

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Erastuslove: 8:12am On Jan 06, 2019
We don't have such network here for such sufistication..manual mode enforcement
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 8:19am On Jan 06, 2019
GeebeeM:

We both know that you can have as many PVCs and drivers Licence that you want. Besides that every country has it's identity system. The PVC is for voting, the Drivers licence for drivers, the international passport for travels. The only source of identification by law is NIMC

Oga how can u have as many PVCs& drivers licenses as possible when they take ur biometrics b4 issuance? PVC is 4 voting. Drivers license is 4 driving&international passport 4 travelling. What do they all have in common? They are all means of identification. When u go 2 ur polling booth, ur PVC identifies u as a registered&eligible voter. Ur drivers license just like ur passport has all ur biodata. Ur drivers license even goes further by adding ur blood group. Passports aren't just 4 travelling but are a means of identifying u if&when u leave d country. 4d fact that they were issued 4 specific purposes, doesn't exempt them from being means of identification. They are referred to as "government issued means of identification". They are very reliable, hence banks still and would always rely on them. So d NIMC isn't d "only source of identification by law"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2019
Redoil:
What percentage of the people who registerd have gotten their pvc?
If you have collected ur pvc click like
If not click share
Are you okay?

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by omojeesu(m): 8:33am On Jan 06, 2019
Bluntguy:
THE END TIME IS GRADUALLY CREEPING UP ON US. IT WAS OBAMACARE IN USA, NOW IT'S NIN IN NIGERIA. I HOPE THIS IS NOT WHAT I AM THINKING.

It is exactly what you are thinking!

That's the direction the world is going.

There's nothing you and I can do about it.

It's an IRREVERSIBLE GLOBAL PROGRAMME that will lead to Antichrist's Mark of the Beast.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Redoil: 8:35am On Jan 06, 2019
YoungBlackRico:
Are you okay?
i registerd since 2012
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2019
Bluntguy:

Going by what d dude wrote and called "benefits" in which u can't do anything without NIN, then u might b right.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 8:53am On Jan 06, 2019
[quote author=lexy2014 post=74494660]

Oga how can u have as many PVCs& drivers licenses as possible when they take ur biometrics b4 issuance? PVC is 4 voting. Drivers license is 4 driving&international passport 4 travelling. What do they all have in common? They are all means of identification. When u go 2 ur polling booth, ur PVC identifies u as a registered&eligible voter. Ur drivers license just like ur passport has all ur biodata. Ur drivers license even goes further by adding ur blood group. Passports aren't just 4 travelling but are a means of identifying u if&when u leave d country. 4d fact that they were issued 4 specific purposes, doesn't exempt them from being means of identification. They are referred to as "government issued means of identification". They are very reliable, hence banks still and would always rely on them. So national ID card isn't d "only source of identification by law"

What that means is that I can be John with Immigration, David with INEC, Paul with FRSC, Aminu with the NCC etc. NIMC is bringing all these together. That is why henceforth, you will have to present your NIN to any of these agencies to enjoy their services. The information collected will be used by government for planning purpose and these will benefit the citizens right? I'm not saying when you want to buy something worth #50, you will ask for NIN. There are transactions that you would have to know the person you are dealing with. And you don't have to ask anyone for his/her NIN. You don't expose your NIN to just anyone for security reasons. You can't even bring another person's NIN to be checked. Both parties must have to visit the office for that to be done
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2019
lexy2014:

Oga how can u have as many PVCs& drivers licenses as possible when they take ur biometrics b4 issuance? PVC is 4 voting. Drivers license is 4 driving&international passport 4 travelling. What do they all have in common? They are all means of identification. When u go 2 ur polling booth, ur PVC identifies u as a registered&eligible voter. Ur drivers license just like ur passport has all ur biodata. Ur drivers license even goes further by adding ur blood group. Passports aren't just 4 travelling but are a means of identifying u if&when u leave d country. 4d fact that they were issued 4 specific purposes, doesn't exempt them from being means of identification. They are referred to as "government issued means of identification". They are very reliable, hence banks still and would always rely on them. So d NIMC isn't d "only source of identification by law"

What that means is that I can be John with Immigration, David with INEC, Paul with FRSC, Aminu with the NCC etc. NIMC is bringing all these together. That is why henceforth, you will have to present your NIN to any of these agencies to enjoy their services. The information collected will be used by government for planning purpose and these will benefit the citizens right? I'm not saying when you want to buy something worth #50, you will ask for NIN. There are transactions that you would have to know the person you are dealing with. And you don't have to ask anyone for his/her NIN. You don't expose your NIN to just anyone for security reasons. You can't even bring another person's NIN to be checked. Both parties must have to visit the office for that to be done
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2019
GeebeeM:

Earlier, u said people can have multiple PVCs and drivers licences. How's that possible? How does it mean "that I can be John with Immigration, David with INEC, Paul with FRSC, Aminu with the NCC etc"?

GeebeeM:

The information collected will be used by government for planning purpose and these will benefit the citizens right?

What are those bebefits if u may? Are u telling me that Nigeria hasn't had plans all these years? Is Nigeria bereft of plans or implementation of those plans? Even when there are no plans, is it lack of data that makes our leaders bereft of people-oriented ideas? D information at government's disposal what has it done with it so far? Is it d lack of information from NIN that is d bane of Nigeria's development? Is it lack of data that makes govts unable to pay salaries or fix roads, improve healthcare & education? Is it lack of data from NIN that makes us have an inefficient police force?

There are transactions that you would have to know the person you are dealing with. And you don't have to ask anyone for his/her NIN. You don't expose your NIN to just anyone for security reasons. You can't even bring another person's NIN to be checked. Both parties must have to visit the office for that to be done.

What transactions exactly are u talking about? So how will u no d person? So both of u will now go 2 NIMC office to go& check ur NIN 2 confirm if both of u aren't 419?

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by gssdobi: 9:51am On Jan 06, 2019
Philak1:
[color=#990000][/color]

Me that applied since 2014, I doubt if they would give me when it's ready for collection because my 2014 face no be the same again

Lol
.just go to any FIRS office,with your phone because you need to verify your BVN,tell them you want to get your TIN number.they will generate your TIN together with your NIN.it is easier if you are a civil servant,in less than 10 mins.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Ianmaduka(m): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2019
Some people lack shame tufiakwa.... A country without database is talking of Identity number mtcheeeeew.....
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by gssdobi: 9:58am On Jan 06, 2019
Ianmaduka:
Some people lack shame tufiakwa.... A country without database is talking of Identity number mtcheeeeew.....
.how do we get effective data base if everybody refuse to cooperate?.it works with yourBVN.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by gssdobi: 9:59am On Jan 06, 2019
Ianmaduka:
.how do we get effective data base if like you everybody refuse to cooperate?.it works with yourBVN.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Ianmaduka(m): 10:11am On Jan 06, 2019
gssdobi:
.how do we get effective data base if like you everybody refuse to cooperate?.it works with yourBVN.
Bro believe it or nor here don't have database. To come on that bvn matter,isn't it that you can't access your bank account without it? If so then leave the the dog with his chain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Cry Cry Governor’, Amaechi Blasts Wike Over 2019 Election / Buhari Leaves Nigeria For Makkah, Saudi Arabia On Thursday For OIC Summit / Buhari Is An Accidental President – Fayose, Lampoons Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.