Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (24730 Views)

National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know / No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill / NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 11:22am On Jan 06, 2019
lexy2014:

Earlier, u said people can have multiple PVCs and drivers licences. How's that possible? How does it mean "that I can be John with Immigration, David with INEC, Paul with FRSC, Aminu with the NCC etc"?

Before now, these Agencies had no central database. Voters card for instance was based on polling units. That is to say, I could successfully register in different polling units and acquire different PVCs, Drivers license too had been based on states.
One can bear different names in these different agencies because they all have and maintain different databases resident in their respective agencies. To eliminate this, there has to be a central system to avoid duplication. The most common cases now are with the banks. Someone having different names in the bank, school certificates and national ID. Just look at the NIN as Social Security Number in other countries
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by sacx: 11:36am On Jan 06, 2019
With a national database, crime scenes just need to be checked for fingerprints, and boom, the culprit is caught. Nigeria got work to do
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by waldigit: 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2019
HeWrites:
The National Identification Number (NIN) consists of 11 unique numbers randomly chosen and assigned to every citizen and legal resident from age 0 at the completion of enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB), IgbereTv News report.

The NIN is used to tie all records about an individual in the database and is also your personal identifier; you will need to use it for many other transactions -- basically anything that involves a credit check or background check.

IgbereTv list presents to you the benefit of the NIN to an individual:

It helps provide accurate records about actual living/dead persons in every region of the country

It helps keep track of actual transactions as well as movement of people within and out of the country

It helps confirm which individuals are in actual need of particular Government services, e.g. age and retirement confirmation for pensioners.

When it comes to access to vital services (passport issuance, banking services, land transactions, insurance services, pension, health insurance, payment of taxes, voter’s registration, consumer credits, and all Government services), your NIN becomes necessary for:

cutting down the time needed for verifying documents to properly identify you in order to access the services you require

reducing errors in allocation of services to the right people

prevention of fraud (419) where someone else impersonates you

verification of the real identity of other people you go into financial or business transactions with or even people you wish to employ such as house help

ensuring you are properly identified when receiving health services, e.g. verifying the actual blood types of blood donors at hospitals

Verification of voter eligibility during elections.

Even outside the country, your NIN remains valuable whether you are travelling or are part of the Nigerian diaspora:

You can easily identify yourself with other proud Nigerians abroad

The Nigeria Government would have more accurate statistical data of its citizens living abroad, useful for harnessing more skills and talent.

Identity verification using the NIN would enable easier discovery of relatives and friends worldwide
Senders and receivers of money and goods/services can be identified, verified and traced as needed, enabling secure international transactions.

http://igberetvnews.com/514066/benefit-of-national-identification-number-nin/

Although quite belated a very fundamental step to National development. If only we can be for once sincere to make it work.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by fortune1968: 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
PastorandMentor:
Rubbish. I did mine 5 years ago since then no card just mumu unacceptable paper.
Go to a branch of ZENITH BANK with the paper ,another paper will be issued to you containing your NIN number .(not card please )u will get a notice when d card is ready through or phone .
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
Redoil:
i registerd since 2012
What matters most is ur NIN and I'm sure you have that already.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Ayobami7(m): 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2019
Noted
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
GeebeeM:

Before now, these Agencies had no central database. Voters card for instance was based on polling units. That is to say, I could successfully register in different polling units and acquire different PVCs, Drivers license too had been based on states.
One can bear different names in these different agencies because they all have and maintain different databases resident in their respective agencies. To eliminate this, there has to be a central system to avoid duplication. The most common cases now are with the banks. Someone having different names in the bank, school certificates and national ID. Just look at the NIN as Social Security Number in other countries

All d agencies that require biometric data have their individual central databases which stores all d data they acquire allover d country. So its not possible to have more than one PVC. So u are very wrong about that. Drivers license isn't based on state whatever that means. U are peddling a lot of wrong information. If d most cases of duplication are now with banks, then what was BVN meant 2 achieve? No matter d amount of bank accounts u open, they must all b linked 2 one BVN irrespective of d bank u open d accounts. So ur story is a distortion of d facts on ground. Whether it is like social security number or not doesn't bother me. Its d benefits am interested which so far u& d author haven't been able to itemise. In d end, d real duplication is NIN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2019
waldigit:

Although quite belated a very fundamental step to National development. If only we can be for once sincere to make it work.

How does NIN ensure national development?
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Revolva(m): 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
dem de mad....till today i have not gotten my ID card ...
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Maxcollins042(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
amalab30:
Let all Politicians have theirs first. Plus I hope it ready for collection too. I've applied for mine since 2014, I stopped going there to check since 2016.

Nigeria needs to be organized.
Yours ought to be ready for collection by now. I enrolled for mine in 2013 and got it last year. Upon collection I was told it has been ready for collection since 2015, two years after enrollment.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by amalab30(m): 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
Yeah i really hope. I'll check back again. Thanks.

Maxcollins042:

Yours ought to be ready for collection by now. I enrolled for mine in 2013 and got it last year. Upon collection I was told it has been ready for collection since 2015, two years after enrollment.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by xrucifix05(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
Nigerians will always be Nigerians. NIMC never for once advertised registration for national ID card except national identification number NIN. the NIN is all u require to be identified with. The card itself is secondary to the commission achieving it's mandate. Meanwhile INEC was released billions of naira for the printing of cards. How much has been allocated to NIMC for card Printing?
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by GeebeeM(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
lexy2014:

All d agencies that require biometric data have their individual central databases which stores all d data they acquire allover d country. So its not possible to have more than one PVC. So u are very wrong about that. Drivers license isn't based on state whatever that means. U are peddling a lot of wrong information. If d most cases of duplication are now with banks, then what was BVN meant 2 achieve? No matter d amount of bank accounts u open, they must all b linked 2 one BVN irrespective of d bank u open d accounts. So ur story is a distortion of d facts on ground. Whether it is like social security number or not doesn't bother me. Its d benefits am interested which so far u& d author haven't been able to itemise. In d end, d real duplication is NIN

Seems you've made up your mind on what to believe. It's not hear say, I've seen one person with up to 3 PVCs. You may visit their website for more information. I rest my case
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by waldigit: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2019
lexy2014:

How does NIN ensure national development?
It provide a basis for baseline personal data acquisition, necessary for planning.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
Bluntguy:

Religion will kill you. Say a bigger AMEN.
lol
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
waldigit:

It provide a basis for baseline personal data acquisition, necessary for planning.

So are u telling me that after 58years of independence, Nigeria hasn't developed because there has been no "baseline personal data necessary for planning"?
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by waldigit: 2:31am On Jan 07, 2019
lexy2014:

So are u telling me that after 58years of independence, Nigeria hasn't developed because there has been no "baseline personal data necessary for planning"?
Have you heard anything like National development plan before? From 1st to 4th and to vision 2000.
Read about history of your census from 19 63 to date. The issue of personal identification is technical, so also is development issues.
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 7:07am On Jan 07, 2019
waldigit:

Have you heard anything like National development plan before? From 1st to 4th and to vision 2000.
Read about history of your census from 19 63 to date. The issue of personal identification is technical, so also is development issues.

I should d one asking u if u have heard of national development plans. Cos according 2u, Nigeria hasn't developed because there has been no "baseline personal data necessary for planning"? So d national development plans &d
vision 2010 u have mentioned, how were they created? Was it with NIN? Since u have read about d history of census, how's it relevant to NIN? What is technical about NIN? What makes national development technical? U haven't really said anything
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by lexy2014: 7:50am On Jan 07, 2019
GeebeeM:

Seems you've made up your mind on what to believe. It's not hear say, I've seen one person with up to 3 PVCs. You may visit their website for more information. I rest my case

U simply haven't been able 2 provide any Info that will make me believe u or that has negated what I have said
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by Ttipsy(f): 9:40am On Oct 05, 2023
I don’t borther reading ur rubbish, I have a question for you

Why do we still have migrants from Niger, chad, mostly terrorist all over the con3
Re: Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) by davebanjo: 8:58am On Oct 12, 2023
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Leaves Nigeria For Makkah, Saudi Arabia On Thursday For OIC Summit / Buhari Is An Accidental President – Fayose, Lampoons Femi Adesina / Reps Propose Six Months Jail Term For Anyone Who Distorts Queues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.