Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

The Good And The Bad News Of Today's Music Business - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Good And The Bad News Of Today's Music Business (332 Views)

Sammie Ayoka Peters: Linda Ikeji Broke The News Of My Cancer, I Cried / Twitter Fan Mocks Linda Ikeji Hours After The Tragic News Of Her Relationship / Picture Of Wizkid Performing In Botswana Despite News Of A Poor Turnout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Good And The Bad News Of Today's Music Business by Imranland: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2019
The good news is, releasing music is easy. The bad news is, building music career is harder than ever. Yeah. Even with the digitalization of the industry. Technology can easily aid the former. But the latter needs more than just technology. It needs humans with super knowledge (technical-know-how) or what Joey Akan calls music intelligence; seasoned expertise; extraordinary enthusiasm and pool of resources. And these are what separate a Jay Z from a Lil' Whatever.

Let me employ an analogy to buttress my argument. It's like an entrepreneur who thinks creating a product/service is the same as establishing an enterprise. Product/service idea is not a problem. Yes, it is essential; the first and foremost thing that is required of an entrepreneur. The problem is a SYSTEM that would be responsible for the manufacturing of the product or rendering of the service; a SYSTEM that would be responsible for the day to day smooth operations of the enterprise; a SYSTEM that would be responsible for the sustainable and contineous growth of the enterprise and more.

Some artists would not blow or have unblown themselves by simply neglecting the principal of building a career. They release good music; we love them but their carrier (pun intended) is still station on the runway yet to take a flight. Building a career is a process that has to be consistent. You break your hard grounds; then lay a solid foundation.

Check this:

"The most satisfying is not just having hits, but selling tickets - that's when you know people really care about an artist." - Music Business UK

This quote justify the underlying message of this article. With the internet as a leverage, every Jack and Harry can have a hit. It takes an artist with a cult-following, a tribe to sell tickets. And this is the result of a career that was not microwaved. But rather cooked on an open fire, the kind you see at typical Nigerian ceremonies.

SIDE NOTE. Teniola Apata aka Teni Entertainer have been winning my heart. Finally, she has won with Uyo Meyo. Phenomenal Woman.

Written by: Paul McPetros

Source: http://www.imranservices.com.ng/imran-post-2-cash

lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: The Good And The Bad News Of Today's Music Business by Imranland: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2019
wink

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Shares Testimony As His Daughter Miraculously Survives Ghastly Accident / Photo :regina Daniels Flaunts Newly Acquired Mansion / Reekado Banks “blessings” Clocks 5 Million Views On Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.