Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

The Most Expensive Bride Price - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Expensive Bride Price (1688 Views)

If Your Bride Price Is Not Paid You Can Never See God- Female Preacher(video) / The Most Expensive Bride Price Ever Paid / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2019
I had a quite amusing story I think from a radio station about a community in Benue State where the elders and people of the community had to arrange an emergency meeting to discuss an important issue that concerned bride price.

And the reason the meeting became necessary was because there was a growing concern that the cost of bride price in the community had become astronomical, and hence was responsible for chasing away men from their women, as the number of unmarried women in the community was observed to be rising at an alarming rate, hence the need for something to be urgently done about it.

It was kind of funny to me because I had never heard of such a thing before, where the single issue of bride price would go the extent of warranting such an important meeting of the elders and the people of a community.

But if it was really a true story that men were keeping away from the women of the said community because of the high cost of their bride price, then it would be because they couldn't afford to pay the bride price for such women because it was high for them, and/or that they could afford it but thought that the women of that community were not worthy of such a high bride price.

However whatever the reasons of the men were for not going to pay the high bride price of those women of that community, I know that the high bride price that kept away men from those said women was nothing compared to that which was given to a certain man to pay for His bride, for it was the most expensive bride price ever.

But despite that it was very high price for Him to pay for His bride, as it would cost Him His everything, He still didn't run away but paid it in full, because He really loved His bride, so no amount of bride price would have been too much a price to pay for her that could make Him to abandon Her, and take to His heels.

And the price for His bride involved Him being subjected to all sorts of mockery and humiliation, being spat on, having a crown of thorns planted on His head, beaten severely, giving a heavy cross to carry to the place where He would be pay the ultimate bride price of his life where He would be nailed to the cross and have His side pierced and be given His last breath and death.

And all this He did for His bride to make sure that He didn't lose her, but secured her for Himself, however despite going through all that suffering, humiliation and paying the ultimate price of His life for His bride, His bride is yet being taken away from Him.

I had a close relative who had paid a very high price for his bride, so whenever his bride misbehaves he would lament and say to her, "na the money wey I pay for your head na him dey pain me pass".

And that was because he payed a very high price for her and yet it was nothing close to that which Jesus the bridegroom had paid for his bride.

And I read a story of a girl that had died and met with Jesus in the after life and one thing that that she kept mentioning which I wasn't surprised about was the extent to which He was weeping for His bride, especially considering all the efforts and sacrifice that He had made on her behalf, as yet she was still being kept away from Him, His love, His salvation, His peace, His hope and everything that He had wanted for her to partake of, that made Him go to that extent for her.

"Na the price wey hin pay for Hin bride na him dey pain am pass".

It cost Him everything men, and I just dey feel for my Master, so real that I no fit just hold back the tears as I dey type this thing so, when I see wetin people dey use everything wey hin suffer go through for Him bride dey do, chei my Master done really suffer oh. Kai!

Some think that He came down all the way from heaven down to the earth, and made all that sacrifice, for them to be doing whatever they like, and be living "the luxurious life" buying privates jets, building gigantic church buildings, and be competing amongst themselves in terms of earthly riches.

Some others think that He did it so that they can stay in one place and be proudly saying that they are christians, while they see the others(Muslims, atheists, pagans etc) as something else, which is not up to what they are, because it is now an effort that has been reduced to the level of bragging rights.

It's really really sad for me because my Master's efforts and sacrifice to this extent deserves much better than what is being made of it.

I mean why can't they see that the Master's bride means everything to Him, that makes Him always weep for her, i mean why?

Maybe it's because they weren't the ones that had to give their life for the bride, hence they don't really care about the bride or the price that was payed for her.

Continue reading below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 06, 2019
No wonder Jesus had to make it a mandatory price for all those who walked with Him to pay, and also the standard of the church He founded, to sacrifice everything they had even as He had done, for if otherwise it would be a case of what today's church has turned into, where Jesus would thinking about His bride, and they His church would be thinking about everything else, as they wouldn't be able to emphatize with Him with respect to the sacrifice He made for His bride.

For this was what He asked the rich young man to do that He despite having scaled thru the first hurdle of righteousness, was said to have been saddened because of the high price that Jesus had asked him to pay for him to be able to walk with Him, that he was said to have walked away sadly from Jesus, as the price seemed to him too high a price to pay to walk with Jesus, as it would cost him everything.

For what Jesus asked of Him was the same price that all the disciples of Jesus who walked with Him had to pay for them to be able to walk with Him, as this was what Peter one of His first twelve asked Jesus soon after the rich young man had bulked at that high price that Jesus had asked of Him in this respect:

"...Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?" Matthew 19:27KJV

So they had all payed the same price as the Master had done, that's why they were able to feel the same way as Jesus did for the bride, because it also cost them everything.

Therefore I am able to understand where Peter was coming from because when one has invested everything he had into a cause, he was worthy of knowing what he would get in return, because of the high price he has paid for it.

And Jesus agreed with me to that extent, as this was His response to that Peter's question:

"...Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."
Matthew 19:28-29KJV

Maybe that perfectly portrays the difference between that church which Jesus founded and today's church in a nut shell, even the high price they had to pay to become a part of it.

As while those of that church sacrificed their all for the sake of the Master's bride, those of this church have more or less sacrificed nothing in comparison, and highest they are at the level of righteousness where that rich young man was, even he that couldn't make the grade at the time.

So that's why they do not care about the Master's bride as those of the first church did, because it did not cost them close to as much, even their all to be a part of it, as it was in those days when the church first began.

And maybe that's why I feel the same way as those of the first church did about the bride of the Master, despite a part of this church, because it cost me my everything to walk with Jesus at the level I do.

And that's why despite that it's not my own bride, or that I wasn't the one that payed her bride price, I am able to emphatize with the Master concerning the tears He always sheds for His bride which men are depriving Him of, because It also cost me my everything to walk with Him.

Hence i am also able feel His pulse, as though I was the one that went through all that spitting, mockery, humiliation, chastisement, beating, brutalization, nailing, piercing, and even death, which is the most expensive bride price any man had ever had to pay for His bride.

And so maybe na the price wey I pay na hin make am to dey pain me so much, and perhaps why a lot of church folks here can't understand why i go to extent I do for the Master's bride, because I know how much her bride price cost Him.

And hence while they may see the others as such as something else, I see them as my Masters bride which He gave His everything for to become His own.

And this includes all the atheists, Muslims, pagans, and if possible even the satanists here and beyond, because they all are part of the reason my Master had to pay such a heavy price.

And so I would do everything I possibly could, give everything I possibly could, inclusive of my life, with the Holy Spirit helping me, to ensure that the my Master is not deprived of His bride, despite having payed such her unprecedented bride price.

So that if at the end, His bride, whom He had payed the ultimate price for still refuses to come to Him, it wouldn't be that the Master was being deprived of his bride, but that His bride simply refused to accept His payment of her bride price, and hence Him as her bridegroom.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
The bridegroom weeps for His bride
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 07, 2019
How long will the bridegroom be deprived of his bride despite having paid her bride price in full?
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 08, 2019
The bride price
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 09, 2019
Do not be a part of it!
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
The deprivation continues
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 11, 2019
It cost Him everything.
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Anas09: 9:38am On Jan 11, 2019
Disguised atheist, who is depriving Jesus from His bride?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 11, 2019
Anas09:
Disguised atheist, who is depriving Jesus from His bride?

hahn:

Like it is any worse than the god, talking snake and pregnant virgin story you have fallen for and defend undecided

jesusjnr:
Just by seeing your post alone is already a proof that God exists otherwise because if not for Him you would be as a sculpture, with hands but without the ability to type anything.

And as for the talking snake, that you are not able to understand the language of animals does not mean that they do not speak or are not able to communicate vocally at all. You should know better than that.

A pregnant virgin? If with the advancements of modern technology it's now humanly possible for a virgin to become pregnant without being disvirgined, how much more would the Creator of man be able to make it happen?

If you choose not to believe, then so be it, but the Creator would never be limited to the limitations of man's knowledge.
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Anas09: 11:56am On Jan 11, 2019
jesusjnr:

Answer me directly. Who is depriving Jesus from His Bride?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2019
Anas09:

Answer me directly. Who is depriving Jesus from His Bride?
If you don't know already, you will soon know.

Most importantly don't be a part of it.
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2019
How dare you?
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 13, 2019
Jesus go through hell oh, no be small bride price
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 14, 2019
Do not be of the deprivation.
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Anas09: 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
If you don't know already, you will soon know.

Most importantly don't be a part of it.
You know, as Christians, we shd be able to speak the same language, but you being coy here mahn. Why do you off making assertions that cannot be backed up by Scriptures.

Thou shall not kill, goes beyond taking the life of another human. When you falsify the scriptures, you have mutilated it, hence killed it.

Be careful mahn, don't set yourself up against the Holy Spirit, for it is His words you are Murdering
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
Anas09:

You know, as Christians, we shd be able to speak the same language, but you being coy here mahn. Why do you off making assertions that cannot be backed up by Scriptures.

Thou shall not kill, goes beyond taking the life of another human. When you falsify the scriptures, you have mutilated it, hence killed it.

Be careful mahn, don't set yourself up against the Holy Spirit, for it is His words you are Murdering

You don't know who the Holy Spirit is, if not you would understand that He's absolutely with me.

He's not happy that the likes of you by your unwillingness to upgrade to the level of the Spirit, are depriving the Bridegroom of His bride.

The Holy Spirit is here yet and He's here to help the church, but you people have refused to give Him the materials He need to do His job.

If you think that because the likes of you of the Church are happy, that that means the Holy Spirit is happy, then you are completely at odds with the Holy Spirit.

I wish you could understand the extent to which the Holy Spirit is with me, then you would know the person you should be really worried about is you, for you are troubling His friend one of the few that is giving Him what He needs to be able to do His job.
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Anas09: 11:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
You don't know who the Holy Spirit is, if not you would understand that He's absolutely with me.

He's not happy that the likes of you by your unwillingness to upgrade to the level of the Spirit, are depriving the Bridegroom of His bride.

The Holy Spirit is here yet and He's here to help the church, but you people have refused to give Him the materials He need to do His job.

If you think that because the likes of you of the Church are happy, that that means the Holy Spirit is happy, then are completely at odds with the Holy Spirit.

I wish you could understand the extent to which the Holy Spirit is with me, then you would know the person you should be really worried about is you, for you are troubling His friend one of the few that is giving Him what He needs to be able to do His job.
He that is called of God Speaketh the Word of God. John 3:34.

You may need to remember that the Bible is the Words thoughts and Deeds of the Holy Spirit, hence, you wouldn't need to claim you have Him in access, but it should be manifested in the wisdom that comes from you.

I'm begging for insights, revelations and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit in your words, but i find you empty. You make outlandish statements that when asked to clarify, you become coy talking about me not having the Holy Spirit.

Pls begin by telling me how i am refusing to give Jesus the materials of His bride.

I remember you telling me that you are not a Christian. Does the Holy Spirit inhabits unbelievers now adays?
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 15, 2019
Anas09:

He that is called of God Speaketh the Word of God. John 3:34.

You may need to remember that the Bible is the Words thoughts and Deeds of the Holy Spirit, hence, you wouldn't need to claim you have Him in access, but it should be manifested in the wisdom that comes from you.

I'm begging for insights, revelations and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit in your words, but i find you empty. You make outlandish statements that when asked to clarify, you become coy talking about me not having the Holy Spirit.

Pls begin by telling me how i am refusing to give Jesus the materials of His bride.

I remember you telling me that you are not a Christian. Does the Holy Spirit inhabits unbelievers now adays?
I am not a christian but a true disciple of Jesus, if you are not able to discern the difference then you can remain in your ignorance.
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Anas09: 7:17am On Jan 15, 2019
jesusjnr:
I am not a christian but a true disciple of Jesus, if you are not able to discern the difference then you can remain in your ignorance.
Lolzzzzz. Pls can you mention one Christ's Disciple who was not a Christian?

And, how did you become this 'true disciple of Christ?'. I need to know how you got Convicted that Jesus is Indeed Lord. What is your redemption encounter?
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2019
Anas09:

Lolzzzzz. Pls can you mention one Christ's Disciple who was not a Christian?

And, how did you become this 'true disciple of Christ?'. I need to know how you got Convicted that Jesus is Indeed Lord. What is your redemption encounter?
None of them were Christians, at least not until the departure of Jesus from the Earth. And the first church was founded on the pillars of the true disciples of Jesus.

The word christian only came about afterwards, for it was even coined by those of the world. (Acts 11:26)

And you know whose children the world is right?

Yeah the devil, and the glaring depreciating result of such a title bestowed upon those of the church shows that it was ulterior motivated, as it has resulted in giving not just false disciples as yourself who are yet righteous, but also the wicked ones, a sense of belonging in the church which ought to be the domain of the disciples, so that if there are false disciples as yourself in it, it would only be the exception.

But now it has become the rule as your kind have taken over the church, but get ready for change is coming, as the church would be returned to the true disciples of Jesus, which the church was originally meant for. cool
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Anas09: 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2019
jesusjnr:

None of them were Christians, at least not until the departure of Jesus from the Earth. And the first church was founded on the pillars of the true disciples of Jesus.

The word christian only came about afterwards, for it was even coined by those of the world. (Acts 11:26)

Pls define a Christian. and why were the disciples of Christ called Christians?

jesusjnr:

And you know whose children the world is right?

Yeah the devil, and the glaring depreciating result of such a title bestowed upon those of the church shows that it was ulterior motivated, as it has resulted in giving not just false disciples as yourself who are yet righteous, but also the wicked ones, a sense of belonging in the church which ought to be the domain of the disciples, so that if there are false disciples as yourself in it, it would only be the exception.
Wow, this guy can sure spew trash.

jesusjnr:

But now it has become the rule as your kind have taken over the church, but get ready for change is coming, as the church would be returned to the true disciples of Jesus, which the church was originally meant for. cool
And you and your likes are the true disciples right?

Again, how did you meet Jesus?
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by finalboss(m): 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
Confused people.
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2019
finalboss:
Confused people.
Why seek ye the dead among the living?
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2019
Anas09:

Pls define a Christian. and why were the disciples of Christ called Christians?

Wow, this guy can sure spew trash.

And you and your likes are the true disciples right?

Again, how did you meet Jesus?
Trash to some is treasure to others but I say again to you, "wisdom is justified of her children and you are not one of them just yet."

You must have come across one of my recent threads where I let Jesus define who a true disciples is.

Just in case you missed it i'm going to define who a true disciple of Jesus is by telling you who is not a true disciple of Jesus.

Any one that has not forsaken everything to follow Jesus is not a true disciple of Jesus.

So even though the disciples of Jesus were called Christians that doesn't automatically make Christians as your self to become true disciples of Jesus even though you may be a righteous christian.

For if you have not forsaken everything you have to follow Jesus, you are not a true disciples of Jesus. So maybe that should help you distinguish the difference between you being a christian and a true disciple of Jesus.

For to be a christian you can just be born into a Christian home that without even making a decision of your own, but just by virtue of birth to christian, and all of a sudden you are Christian wuw, as i was in the first instance of being a wicked christian. As it doesn't require your own personal decision, but never for a true disciple of Jesus for it requires an individual decision to be such.

Then also to be a Christian doesn't require you forsake everything you have for the sake of Jesus, for even if you are have to be righteous, there's no such requirement as forsaking everything you have, but to be a true disciple of Jesus you must have done that, otherwise as Jesus said, you cannot be His disciple.
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2019
Don't be a part of it!
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2019
The bride price
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
Jesus gave His everything to pay the price for his bride
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sacrifice
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 21, 2019
Jesus gave His all
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 24, 2019
The bridegroom weeps for His bride.
Re: The Most Expensive Bride Price by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2019
The bride of Christ

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Manner Of Sicknesses Are Being Healed In Sign Fireman Crusades! / It's A Pity, We Are All Going To Hell In Another Man's Religion / Accept/Reject The Holy Spirit As Another Comforter If You know the nature of Fmr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.