Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,734 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan (828 Views)

Jagaban Is Back: I Need 5000 Branded T-shirt For The Coming Innuguration / Flash Back: Buhari If Given A Chance Will Break This Country - Tinubu / Flash Back! What Dino Melaye Said About Buhari In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by bkool7(m): 8:57am On Jan 06, 2019
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday carpeted the immediate past administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, saying his advice on the prevailing economic crisis, was ignored two years ago.

The former president also accused Jonathan of lifting the ban on importation of products like toothpick, which he said could have been taken over by local industries without encumbrances.

Obasanjo, who spoke at the official opening of the National Council on Finance and Economic Development (NACOFED) in Abeokuta, Ogun State yesterday, said the only way Nigeria could urgently step out of the current economic recession is for it to seek foreign loan.

The former president, who was the Father of the Day at the opening session, said he had warned former President Jonathan on the impending recession in November 26, 2014 when he joined others to celebrate the birthday of pioneer Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, ICPC, retired Justice Mustapha Akanbi.

“I reminded the government that we were spending more than we were earning; that very soon, the country would not be able to fund the budget… Unfortunately, the government then refused to listen to my advice”, he told the gathering.

Obasanjo went further to state that when he discovered the ban on the importation of toothpick was reversed by the Jonathan administration, he visited the then president in Abuja to ask why he lifted the ban on toothpick and Jonathan said he did not read before he approved.

Speaking further on the way out for Nigeria, Obasanjo said there were three options, explaining, “The three options are we have to spend less, we must endeavor to earn and then the last one is to borrow, and this if we must, we do it fast and now”.

He, however, cautioned against doing the bidding of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF).

http://www.informationng.com/2016/09/jonathan-blame-recession-obasanjo.html
Re: FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by bkool7(m): 8:58am On Jan 06, 2019
Any clue on who Amaechi was referring to in that audio?

Re: FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by oyebanji44: 9:00am On Jan 06, 2019
Because of Jonathan misruled.. economic and corruption were not solved .the nation was assaulted and dragged in the mud.it became obvious that the national leadership was nearing its collapse when Buhari came in.
Re: FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by oyebanji44: 9:00am On Jan 06, 2019
bkool7:
Absolutely correct
Re: FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 06, 2019
bkool7:

Base on this report, we can logically assume it is Jonathan.
Re: FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by wirinet(m): 9:25am On Jan 06, 2019

“I reminded the government that we were spending more than we were earning; that very soon, the country would not be able to fund the budget… Unfortunately, the government then refused to listen to my advice”, he told the gathering.

This quote should be written in bright colours and laminated or preferably written in neon lights and pasted on front of PDP and it's supporters, whenever they say or write that Buhari caused the recession Nigeria went through.
Re: FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by SalamRushdie: 9:31am On Jan 06, 2019
bkool7:

the full audio is out and it's been confirmed that he was referring to Buhari so that makes your thread very stupid

2 Likes

Re: FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by Gandollar(f): 9:36am On Jan 06, 2019
Mumu followers!

They said they were bringing change, but they took the nation from frying pan to fire.
Re: FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by Deathstroke00(m): 9:44am On Jan 06, 2019
Jonathan and the past administration were the ones who brought recession to our land.

bkool7:

he visited the then president in Abuja to ask why he lifted the ban on toothpick and Jonathan said he did not read before he approved it.

http://www.informationng.com/2016/09/jonathan-blame-recession-obasanjo.html

The man has been clueless from the start.

Oh God, we pray to you, never let these kind of people to lead us

Oh God guide us to the next level
Re: FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by Afamed: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2019
How would he read when he was daily on Otuoke Ogogoro

1 Like

Re: FLASH BACK : 'i Did Not Read The Document Before Signing It. ' Said Jonathan by bkool7(m): 9:58am On Jan 06, 2019
SalamRushdie:

the full audio is out and it's been confirmed that he was referring to Buhari so that makes your thread very stupid

It still doesn't change the fact that Gej doesn't read, does it?

(1) (Reply)

[VIDEO] Once You Join APC All Your Sins Are Forgiven- Oshiomole / 28 Assembly Members Call For Ambode’s Impeachment / 8 Quotes By Buhari During Nationwide Broadcast Ahead Of Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.