Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:06 PM

I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan (3397 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / We’ll Catch Shekau Before Elections — Jonathan / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by chyz(m): 1:16am On Aug 10, 2010
[size=18pt]I’m not under pressure to rig 2011 elections –Jonathan[/size]

From JULIANA TAIWO, Abuja

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

President Goodluck Jonathan has reacted to a statement credited to the Publicity Secretary of the Congress for Progressive Change, (CPC), in a nationaldaily (not Daily Sun), alleging that he is under pressure to rig the 2011 elections in favour of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He described it false and illogical.

In a statement signed by the Special Adviser to the President, Media and Publicity, Ima Niboro, the allegations that Jonathan is “under pressure to give assurance to those canvassing for zoning that he must rig the elections in favour of the Peoples Democratic Party so as to protect the interest of the clique and ensure that (General Muhammadu) Buhari does not win the presidential vote,” is an attempt to pre-judge the outcome of the meeting.

According to him, “ this claim is false outrightly and even illogical. It is an attempt to pre-judge the forthcoming elections before the fact and we would have ignored it but for the high premium the President places on conducting free, fair and credible elections in 2011.We want to make it abundantly clear that the President is under no pressure whatsoever over the 2011 elections. He has made it clear that there will be credible elections next year, and so far has taken decisive steps to actualise this vision.

“The President has appointed a leadership for the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC), which has been hailed locally and internationally. He has given unequivocal support to the agency in its search for the most viable strategy to achieve excellent delivery of the next elections, and has told INEC leadership publicly that no one has ‘tied their hands’, and therefore ‘there is no excuse for failure’.

“We find it strange for anyone to be talking about rigging at this time of our political evolution, for, those days are gone, they are dead and buried! The President urges all Nigerians to join hands with INEC to ensure that in the next elections, our votes count. Nigerians must speak with one voice and defend their votes. It is a new day. Let us forge ahead with new hope, a new vision and a new way of doing things!”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/10/national-10-08-2010-001.htm
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by becomrich3: 1:29am On Aug 10, 2010
[size=28pt] 1999 to 2019= 18 years south ruled. Northerner 2 years.  by the time 2011 result is out. The northerner have become PERMANENT minority forever. I told you Northerners to remove yoruba,edo ,delta into benin republic. Let see who would be mugu.  [/size]

Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Fhemmmy: 2:30am On Aug 10, 2010
The whole process itself seems rigged.
Election is in another year and yet we dont know who are contesting
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by hooged: 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2010
Rubbish
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by eloii: 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2010
May look at the president, you will understand what the name mean. (Jonathan) is not an ordinary name, it is name with power.

In my own side, i can't find any fear in the eyes of our president and if u wish 2 know more about his history. U can use Google 2 search or visit bigdealforjonathan.com that will tell u more of his background.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Acidosis(m): 12:33pm On Aug 10, 2010
O.k, Sir!
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by iswell1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2010
he is not.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
lets hope so
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by saintiyke(m): 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2010
is nigeria ready for a free and fair election ? why did PDP win in all the 27 LGA in imo state
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by daywatcher: 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

The whole process itself seems rigged.
Election is in another year and yet we dont know who are contesting

And the guy that is guaranteed to contest does not know under which party he will contest, na wa o
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by kobikwelu(m): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
as usual hearsay and innuendoes would saturate the air
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Africanson: 1:48pm On Aug 10, 2010
And if you want to win in a landslide get the winning tools at http://www.080advertising.com
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Vijay4life(m): 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2010
Just do the will of God.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by otokx(m): 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
He means the very opposite.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by PhinaBrown: 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2010
All i have to say is that he should remain focus, be at alert and never deviate from all these his sweet talks, much later. And he should remember, that with God, all things are possible. If he really means well for this country, he should fear God and do the right thing.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by LeStylo: 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
The cabal called the ruling class seem to be more interested in ensuring that a Buhari does not get in power than having a free and fair election. I do not see Jonathan as a messiah as highly touted. He's yet to prove his meritorious capacity to function. Remember luck took him into the riverside mansion of Yenagoa, luck took him to Abuja now good taste of luck is pushing him into contesting. But dear Nigerians, we need more than just LUCK to get the taps flowing or the electricity lamps shining. Jonathan is yet to convince us what ideas he has for this county. His actions and inactions suggests nothing either! This is beyond zoning. Let the right man win a fair election.
As for anti-corruption, for those of us not going senile, we would recall that the First lady is yet to account for the money laundry charges against her. Poor GJ's hands are feted to effectively prosecute the cause of anti-corruption too,

Let GJ commit himself to free and fair elections instead.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
Abeg make i hear word Mr Jonathan.U are definitely a product of rigged election.I'm waiting 2 see how possible that is,when we have Obj and Mr fix it in PDP 2 pressure 2.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by marcus1234: 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2010
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by youngies(m): 4:23pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^ You mean you don't know?

Doubt this at your won peril
BR can explain anything and everything with satellite maps cool
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2010
Unfortunately in Nigeria, every party is out there to rig elections to their favor, remember Anambra/APGA scenerio (gov election), Edo bye elections? wonder why the party at the center of every state always win ALL or almost ALL LG council elections? Rigging is not about PDP, it is also inclusive of ACN, ANPP and the others. It is a typical Nigerian thing just that PDP have more resources to their favor considering power of incumbency thats why all these riff-raff political parties are whinning, Only God will save Naija ooo
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Acutex: 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2010
then I am under pressure to rig it. undecided I am the incumbent. Abeg 4get all this yans. Rig it if u have to do so to keep IBB out of aso rock. No be so? cool

Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by calyx: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2010
Meaning you will rig it willingly, yea?
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by demobiss: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2010
nigeria, nigeria
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by SSaemoenl(m): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2010
Jonah should understand that come 2011 if the election is not rigged, He he is heading to YANAGOWA (Sorry for the spelling to who cares)
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Acutex: 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2010
if it keeps IBB out, then where dem ballot shufflers at?! cool
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by jerry0(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2010
SSaemoenl:

Jonah should understand that come 2011 if the election is not rigged, He he is heading to YANAGOWA (Sorry for the spelling to who cares)
this election will be 70% credible with time things will change for good.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by SSaemoenl(m): 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^^^AMEN, I BELIEVE-( Martin Lurther King Jr Blessed memory )
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by member479760: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2010
Mr. president let them continue to play the card, don't forget you have the only joker, and that is the winning joker. President GJ you need to silently rig this election nothing will happen.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by hackney(m): 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2010
chyz:

[size=18pt]I’m not under pressure to rig 2011 elections –Jonathan cool[/size]
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/10/national-10-08-2010-001.htm

No, you are not.
You will do it cool as a cucumber.
All by yourself with wallet full of northern loot.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Akosbaba(m): 3:24am On Aug 11, 2010
Honestly,he doesn't have to do that cos i'm yet to see the strong opposition challenging the PDP.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by ohaechesi(m): 4:54am On Aug 11, 2010
I have nothing against Mr. President rigging the election. i want to believe that most Nigerians will say same. Yes, we really need a change in the nigerian political system. It is obvious that Nigerians have concur to the fact that every other person in the country are incompetent of occupying that position or else IBB won't have been the only one to skyrock him self for the very position he had messed up in the past. I beg of you all Nigerians to put sentiment aside. if Mr. Jonathan, finds favor from the masses, let him stay put, period. If actually at last he decides to rigg the election, i want to state here that he is not the first to rigg election in Nigeria neither will he be the last. You should free him pls.
Re: I’m Not Under Pressure To Rig 2011 Elections –jonathan by Chrixluvia: 6:57am On Aug 11, 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

27 N-delta Militants Arrested In Ghana / Why NNEWI Model Can Transform NIGERIA - Punchng.com / Confusion In Customs As Officers Reject New Cg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.