Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,064 members, 7,835,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! (4754 Views)

2016 Is Going To Be Year Of Hardship For Nigerians – FG / Ambode Warns LASTMA, VIO Officials To Stop Harassing Vehicle Owners / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by Tcrack(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
deb:

Haven't LASTMA given Nigerians enough taste of what it will be like if they were lagos state police? I use to support the clamour for community policing untilI realize what it could turn out to be.
as bad as the FG police we have now may be, the are still times better than what a state or community will ever be.
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by 080Nigeria(m): 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2010
I'm happy that finally the FG is talking. But I would celebrate only when they begin to act. angry angry angry
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by Akosbaba(m): 3:14am On Aug 11, 2010
They can't stop unless collecting #20 isn't harrasing public commuters
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by akwaowoudo(m): 3:42am On Aug 11, 2010
They were to protect lives and property but they've made foul of the duo. The most disastrous is their contagious mode of disease transmitting to the millitary.
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by bidemi12(m): 3:45am On Aug 11, 2010
Nigerians are funny sha. The govt pays the police, tasked with maintaining our security, peanuts and expect miracles from them. No training or periodic orientation, no reasonable yearly review of wages and living conditions. Nothing. what in God's name do you expect? same can be compared to a banker being paid 15k a month and at the same time you expect him to account for millions. the guy will rob you blind. Here in the US, when you see a policeman you better believe the guy is loaded. To even join is an uphill task. you have to go through a series of test and interviews before you are even considered for their academy. They know the value of the people entrusted with their security. you cant expect me to risk my life on a daily basis and pay me peanuts. worse still, deprive me of the tools and training i need to combat criminals. The average nigerian policeman is no different from the criminals they are tasked to track down. Test question: a group of criminals numbering 4 are holed up in an apartment with possible civilians as hostages or simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. how will the policemen breach the door and take out the criminals with minimal or no collateral damage? i can bet my life that no Nigerian policeman will have the answer to this riddle. i'm sure it will be "break down the door, spray first and ask questions later". meanwhile any normal police system would have trained their men on simple proceedures to counter such a situation. God punish all of them.
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by JUO(m): 4:06am On Aug 11, 2010
story
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by tyxtyx1: 4:16am On Aug 11, 2010
If the Angels are going to make a significant move before that non-waiver trade deadline on July 31, Napoli could be part of the cost. His power and relative affordability (he is making $3.8 million this year and has not reached his free-agency years yet) combined with the Angels' depth at catcher (with Jeff Mathis and Bobby Wilson wholesale nfl jerseys at the major-league level and top prospect Hank Conger at Triple-A) make Napoli one of the more moveable trade pieces on the Angels' big-league roster.
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 11, 2010
in my opinion, we should get ride of the national poice force. and allow only local and state police. that way you will have locals incharge of police operations, instead of someone 1000km away.

Smart idea. I see something like this happening in 2034, 2020 if Fashola persist on persuading Nigeria for Stae police
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by buzugee(m): 5:49am On Aug 11, 2010
bidemi12:

Nigerians are funny sha. The govt pays the police, tasked with maintaining our security, peanuts and expect miracles from them. No training or periodic orientation, no reasonable yearly review of wages and living conditions. Nothing. what in God's name do you expect? same can be compared to a banker being paid 15k a month and at the same time you expect him to account for millions. the guy will rob you blind. Here in the US, when you see a policeman you better believe the guy is loaded. To even join is an uphill task. you have to go through a series of test and interviews before you are even considered for their academy. They know the value of the people entrusted with their security. you cant expect me to risk my life on a daily basis and pay me peanuts. worse still, deprive me of the tools and training i need to combat criminals. The average nigerian policeman is no different from the criminals they are tasked to track down. Test question: a group of criminals numbering 4 are holed up in an apartment with possible civilians as hostages or simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. how will the policemen breach the door and take out the criminals with minimal or no collateral damage? i can bet my life that no Nigerian policeman will have the answer to this riddle. i'm sure it will be "break down the door, spray first and ask questions later". meanwhile any normal police system would have trained their men on simple proceedures to counter such a situation. God punish all of them.
really ? popo in america is loaded ? grin lmao. these figures are before tax http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Industry=Law_Enforcement/Salary  after tax popos will be lucky to see 30 grand. thats why they give them allowance for free donuts and they eat free in pizza joints. this is also why most of them moonlight as security guards for extra cash. TRUE STORY, a cop in one of those southern redneck states was investigating a case in which a woman had 14000 dollars in her house. half of the money was missing from her trailer park and she suspected that her son stole it. so she called the police. well this cop showed up. after finding out she had 7 grand left, he told her to keep the money in the house and keep a close eye on it. at night the popo returned and put 2 bullets in the womans skull and stole the 7 grand. needless to say, he got caught and is doing life in jail. the moral of the story is that 'american popos are not loaded'

1 Like

Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by bidemi12(m): 7:50am On Aug 11, 2010
buzugee:

really ? popo in america is loaded ? grin lmao. these figures are before tax http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Industry=Law_Enforcement/Salary after tax popos will be lucky to see 30 grand. thats why they give them allowance for free donuts and they eat free in pizza joints. this is also why most of them moonlight as security guards for extra cash. TRUE STORY, a cop in one of those southern redneck states was investigating a case in which a woman had 14000 dollars in her house. half of the money was missing from her trailer park and she suspected that her son stole it. so she called the police. well this cop showed up. after finding out she had 7 grand left, he told her to keep the money in the house and keep a close eye on it. at night the popo returned and put 2 bullets in the womans skull and stole the 7 grand. needless to say, he got caught and is doing life in jail. the moral of the story is that 'american popos are not loaded'

well, i dont know where you live, but the average salary for a law enforcement officer in America is 45 to 50k per annum. and that my bro is freaking descent. when i say loaded did you think i was talking about millions? which job in america will guarantee you that much with today's realities. and for your instance where a cop stole and killed for money, na wa, how old are you? there will always be rotten apples in the barrel irrespective of how much is paid as salary in any organization. if 45 to 50k in america is not loaded in the america of today then you need to self check yourself and look inwards. Na so 419 de start grin
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:10am On Aug 11, 2010
I dont blame our Olopas for being such crooks.

Its the fault of the government. The society is so messed up that frustration drives most of those officers to join the police. Then the government in turn has made the job so unattractive that the officers have no choice but to be armed-beggers.

How many police officers are diploma holders?! What is the average salary of an Officer per annum? What is the package reserved for officers gunned down in the line of duty?

Atleast the police in western countries are well paid, semi-educated men & women. Our officers are dunces. Illiterate men & women who cant read their own name, let alone read the laws governing the police. Its a shame. Has anyone been to a police barracks lately? Did anyone of you know that the Nigerian Police is responsible for getting his own uniform? Hence the variance in colour in their uniforms. What were we expecting when we have armed illiterates and put them in charge of keeping educated people in line.

The police needs rebranding seriously. Better pay, higher entry requirements, Life assurance for every officer and attractive offers that would make our numerous graduates consider a carrier in the Police. Better equipments including: 9mm Berettas instead of those AK-47's & Lar Assault rifles (Those big guns make them feel like those Abokis that herd cows. moreover Assault rifles should be reserved for SWAT or MOPOL in our case), Pepper spray , handcuffs, standard battons (Instead of lead pipes & 2 by 4 sticks), good working walkie talkies, belts with provision for where these things could be securely fastened.

As long as the law is being enforced by illiterate people who do not even know what the law is that they are supposed to be enforcing, we would continue to experience what we are currently experiencing.
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 11, 2010
i have always said it

The nigerian police are like parboiled rice; not done, no salt, no taste,
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by Myself2(m): 10:06am On Aug 11, 2010
Story
Next please
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by oshoriamhe: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2010
these are xplamples of speeches and policies wit no action
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 11, 2010
If they don't harass civilains,who else will they exercise their jungle justice on ? FG and the police are sick
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by omamokta: 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2010
And harrass who? Ghanaians? They can't stop. It runs in the system, its just like telling a goat not to eat grass. Unless something drastic is done, they can't stop. Action speaks louder than voice.
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by psdave: 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2010
tell those ugly ones in Port harcourt
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by buzugee(m): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2010
bidemi12:

well, i dont know where you live, but the average salary for a law enforcement officer in America is 45 to 50k per annum. and that my bro is freaking descent. when i say loaded did you think i was talking about millions? which job in america will guarantee you that much with today's realities. and for your instance where a cop stole and killed for money, na wa, how old are you? there will always be rotten apples in the barrel irrespective of how much is paid as salary in any organization. if 45 to 50k in america is not loaded in the america of today then you need to self check yourself and look inwards. Na so 419 de start grin
45 to 50 k is a decent salary in savannah georgia but in NYC or california you can barely afford the rent with that salary. maybe this is why new york popos stay angry all the time and always empty their frustration (41 bullets into amadu diallo and 50 bullets into sean bell ) on black folk grin http://blackchristiannews.com/news/2010/07/new-york-city-settles-lawsuit-over-unarmed-man-who-was-shot-over-50-times-on-his-wedding-day.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Diallo
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by bidemi12(m): 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2010
buzugee:

45 to 50 k is a decent salary in savannah georgia but in NYC or california you can barely afford the rent with that salary. maybe this is why new york popos stay angry all the time and always empty their frustration (41 bullets into amadu diallo and 50 bullets into sean bell ) on black folk grin http://blackchristiannews.com/news/2010/07/new-york-city-settles-lawsuit-over-unarmed-man-who-was-shot-over-50-times-on-his-wedding-day.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Diallo

There you go again. It is not a savannah or new york thing. maybe i should break it down. 50k per annum is, give or take, a thousand a week. please enlighten me on how many jobs pay that amount in america in two weeks talk less of a week. take time ooo. which kind thing be this sef?  and i keep telling you, irrespective of pay you will alway have rotten apples in a barrel,
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by buzugee(m): 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2010
bidemi12:

There you go again. It is not a savannah or new york thing. maybe i should break it down. 50k per annum is, give or take, a thousand a week. please enlighten me on how many jobs pay that amount in america in two weeks talk less of a week. take time ooo. which kind thing be this sef?  and i keep telling you, irrespective of pay you will alway have rotten apples in a barrel,
no mind me my brother. i just dey pull ya leg. wetin you find go savannah georgia ? you know say white people for those areas still dey lynch ? cry
oh yeah 1 thousand a week is nice chunk of change. especially in savannah where you can buy a house for like 50 grand. http://www.homes.com/listing/111196900/342_MANOR_DRIVE_SAVANNAH_GA_31404#stay

http://www.homes.com/listing/110694091/1118_East_Anderson_Street_SAVANNAH_GA_31401

http://www.homes.com/listing/118451737/103_Oyster_Shell_Rd._SAVANNAH_GA_31410#stay

http://www.homes.com/listing/105094391/SAVANNAH_GA_31419#stay
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by idifu(m): 2:04am On Aug 12, 2010
the harassment will stop the day Nigeria becomes a better country to live in where every Nigerian will be proud and happy to be a Nigerian so the VP should s.h.u.t his mouth and stop telling us what is not possible at this moment
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by kobikwelu(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2010
the same FG that would still use the same police to harass the same nigerians angry angry angry angry

abeg!!!!

leave matter for Matthias
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by Abimbola29(m): 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2010
its just too late.to stat
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by RichyBlacK(m): 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2010
Uselessness!
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by samoks(m): 10:57am On Aug 15, 2010
The police is ur friend, A friend indeed.

Let me give u guys a joke published in our Church monthly mag., it will paint it wella,

The Nigerian Police,The EFCC, and SSS were all trying to prove that they are the best in apprehending criminals. The president decided to give them a test, He releases a RABBIT intoa forest and each of them has to catch it.

The SSS goes in first. They place animal informants through out the forest. They question all plants and mineral witnesses. After three months of intensive investigations, they concluded that rabbits do not exist in the forest.

The EFCC goes in,after 2 weeks with NO LEADS, they burn the forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit and made no appologies. the rabbit had it coming, afterall its a fraud suspect,

The finally, the POLICE goes in. They came out 2hours later with a BADLY beaten GOAT. The goat was yelling:

"OKAY" OKAY!!!!!!! I CONFESS OOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I'M A RABBIT, PLEASE I'M A RABBIT.

Nigerian police, who be the thief, TAFA, HIS SUCCESSOR and now ONOVO,

Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 15, 2010
Is that all they can offer on Police Reform?
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by ajibsca: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2010
I think the Government of Nigeria has to restructure and re-brand the Nigerian Police Force by first changing its uniform, its corrupt people and employing enlightened and educated fellas who duly went through secondary and post secondary education. The Nigerian Police force of today is nothing but a mere speculation of corruption of the highest order, lugubrious organization with the only sole purpose of extorting money from its ventures and innocent citizens as a business and not as a law enforcement agency , but a monetary division of a corruption enforcement agency .

Imagine a Nigerian Police man asking you for your Identity Card and after you present it to him, he still asks you what you do for a living

Imagine a Nigerian Police man asking you that he wants to Search your OWN PERSONAL CELLPHONE

Imagine a Nigerian Police man asking where you are going to and where you are coming from

Its all so ridiculous, Nigeria as a nation is nothing but diaspora in diaspora
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by abdulnass: 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2010
only god can judge now
Re: Stop Harassing Nigerians, Fg Warns Police ! by oluoma1: 7:48am On Apr 07, 2012
Na today is neva a new tin, ''Pig na Pig no matter how u bath am he still remain pig. Nigerian's police needs a ''spiritual cleansing''.

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘States Are Not Bankrupt, But We Have No Money!’ -Amaechi / Breaking: Former Borno Governor, Ali Modu Sheriff Defects To PDP / Twitter Reacts To Biafra Radio Hate Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.