Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] (8239 Views)

Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (4 - 0) U-20 World Cup On June 4th 2015 / The Truth About The Early 1900s Nigeria Vs India Match (1 - 99)!!! (photo) / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by efeboy(m): 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2010
Abeg na, let us take the positives from this match.

My own positive :

1. The super eagles tried moving the ball a little better than they used to, especially towards the end of the second

half when it seemed they started to understand themselves. So if that team achieves cohesion and

understanding, We would definitely call them world beaters.

2. Apart from some of the already established foreign based players, I was able to spot some new SE player's I Like

A. Solomon Okoronkwo (Except that he should fine tune his runs, and passes).

B. The Number 4 (I don't know his name) that replaced Energy Oterpa. That guy's passes were completed

and they seemed to be attacking-minded. That to me, defines the kind of midfielder the SE needs right

now. Even if he is not the best, we can manage him. (I insist the SE coaches should take a closer look at

that guy).
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by semid4lyfe(m): 6:42pm On Aug 11, 2010
na_so:

I did not watch the match. DID SOLOMON OKORONKWO DO WELL? i like that guy too much.
He gets a 5/10 from me. He didn't do much going forward (which player apart from Osaze did?) but I like the fact that he backtracked well and helped out his wing back. I hope he gets more invites to play for us.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by Odinaka00(m): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2010
If yakubu waz in dat game, he woulda scored, dnt hate my opinion!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by naso2(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2010
@semid4lyfe

Thanx. I really liked the way that guy played for siasia's olympic team. If we can not get a full okocha as replacement, we  can make do with a team with players that have  fractions of his(okocha's) artistery.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by deb(m): 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2010
efeboy:

Abeg na, let us take the positives from this match.

My own positive :

1. The super eagles tried moving the ball a little better than they used to, especially towards the end of the second

half when it seemed they started to understand themselves. So if that team achieves cohesion and

understanding, We would definitely call them world beaters.

2. Apart from some of the already established foreign based players, I was able to spot some new SE player's I Like

A. Solomon Okoronkwo (Except that he should fine tune his runs, and passes).

B. The Number 4 (I don't know his name) that replaced Energy Oterpa. That guy's passes were completed

and they seemed to be attacking-minded. That to me, defines the kind of midfielder the SE needs right

now. Even if he is not the best, we can manage him. (I insist the SE coaches should take a closer look at

that guy).

I've always said it that Eguavoen is a great coach. I remember when he took over the super eagles that could not score nor string 3 correct passes under Christian Chukwu in 2006, with the same super eagles players that he chukwu handled he made the team score a whooping 10goals in two matches. 5-2 away at Algeria and 5-1 at home with Zimbabwe unfortunately it was too late for NFF because Angola went on to win their remaining matches and qualified ahead of SE.

I think we should have left him alone to build our team then but we are never patient instead we went to bring on low-lifer Amodu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by honeric01(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2010
deb:

I think we should have left him alone to build our team then but we are never patient instead we went to bring on low-lifer Amodu.

That low-lifer is more valuable than you can ever be when it comes to the issue of Nigeria, he remains the number one local coach when it comes to achievement and that you cannot take away from him.

Suck it up bro and stop being a low-lifer you claim others are.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by ikeyman00(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2010
^^^^^

u are on your own
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by proudly9ja(m): 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2010
honeric01:

That low-lifer is more valuable than you can ever be when it comes to the issue of Nigeria, he remains the number one local coach when it comes to achievement and that you cannot take away from him.

Suck it up bro and stop being a low-lifer you claim others are.

While I don't agree with calling anyone a 'low lifer' (whatever that means), I totally disagree that Amodu's achievements supercedes that of any other local coach.

Did Amodu win silver or Gold with a Nigerian National team at CAF or FIFA levels?

Did Amodu win The African Champions League with any Nigerian or non-Nigerian clubside?

Did Amodu win the local league and if he did how many?

I can name at least three Nigerian coaches who have higher credentials and even uptodate ones than Amodu!
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by honeric01(m): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

While I don't agree with calling anyone a 'low lifer' (whatever that means), I totally disagree that Amodu's achievements supercedes that of any other local coach.

Did Amodu win silver or Gold with a Nigerian National team at CAF or FIFA levels?

Did Amodu win The African Champions League with any Nigerian or non-Nigerian clubside?

Did Amodu win the local league and if he did how many?

I can name at least three Nigerian coaches who have higher credentials and even uptodate ones than Amodu!

Compare any national team coach's achievements (local) with that of Amodu and let's see the comparison.

Does Mourinho have any national coaching achievements? nope but he is rated as one of the best club-wise.

So i repeat Amodu is the most achieving local coach we have till date when it comes to national duties, if you disagree, then let us see the list and names of those who beat him to this.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by proudly9ja(m): 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2010
honeric01:

Compare any national team coach's achievements (local) with that of Amodu and let's see the comparison.

Does Mourinho have any national coaching achievements? nope but he is rated as one of the best club-wise.

So i repeat Amodu is the most achieving local coach we have till date when it comes to national duties, if you disagree, then let us see the list and names of those who beat him to this.
Has Mourinho coached any national team and failed?
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by proudly9ja(m): 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2010
Anyways, I really donn't want to go into any Amodu debate now. You are entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine. Im sorry I brought it up in the first place.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by proudly9ja(m): 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2010
Anyone with highlights of the Nigeria Korea game?
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by naso2(m): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2010
deb:

I've always said it that Eguavoen is a great coach. I remember when he took over the super eagles that could not score nor string 3 correct passes under Christian Chukwu in 2006, with the same super eagles players that he chukwu handled he made the team score a whooping 10goals in two matches. 5-2 away at Algeria and 5-1 at home with Zimbabwe unfortunately it was too late for NFF because Angola went on to win their remaining matches and qualified ahead of SE.

So tell me , how many goals did the team score at CAN 2006 in Egypt after 6 matches? Afterall he used the same players that scored 10 goals in two matches.

All dis kind analysis na im dey tire me for NL.
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by honeric01(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2010
proudly9ja:

Has Mourinho coached any national team and failed?
Pls don't start what you cant finish bro.

na_so:

So tell me , how many goals did the team score at CAN 2006 in Egypt after 6 matches? Afterall he used the same players that scored 10 goals in two matches.

All dis kind analysis na im dey tire me for NL.

grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by alexmark: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2010
up eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by honeric01(m): 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2010
embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Korea Friendly Match [1 - 2] by 9JAMac10: 4:14am On Apr 24

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account / ₦50,000.00 What Of Merrybet Pin & Etisalat Data Will Be Shared Among #100#1st C / Which NPFL Team Are You Supporting????!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.