Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... (1455 Views)

For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. / Dear Developers: How Do You Keep Yourself Motivated. / Nigerian Developers How Did You Master Algorithm And Problem Solving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... by kaypompee: 6:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
You work all through the week and look forward to the weekend to dive into some nice tutorials you just stumbled upon.

Your goal is to get some much needed new skills under your belt by studying and coding all through Saturday and Sunday.

That promotion, salary raise, or portfolio youre looking to build will be helped so much by this stuff you wanna learn.

Weekend finally comes and BOOM, nepa decides to be unfortunate and take light ALL THROUGH!!!

Please how do you cope with the frustration that kicks in? I have been a developer for a while now and I literally always almost go mad when this situation happens. It's bad enough that this country is tough but even worse is how our power situation stands in the way of the little personal development goals we set for ourselves.

Anyways, any tips on how you handle these setbacks will be well appreciated.

P.s I don't have a gen and I don't plan to as the noise is counterproductive to my coding
Re: Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... by Ayo081(m): 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
grin Brogrammer, get a perfect phone with a long lasting cell, get some IDE on play store (I use sololearn because I can learn and code at the same time on their try it editor), Good luck.
Re: Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... by kaypompee: 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ayo081:
grin Brogrammer, get a perfect phone with a long lasting cell, get some IDE on play store (I use sololearn because I can learn and code at the same time on their try it editor), Good luck.

LOL. Phone ke? How do I run node or laravel on that ? grin
Re: Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... by Ayo081(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2019
kaypompee:

LOL. Phone ke? How do I run node or laravel on that ? grin
Lol, make friends at neighbouring streets, stores or barber shop, remember passion smiley

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... by mustang247: 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2019
Get a laptop power bank

4 Likes

Re: Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... by greatface(m): 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2019
Gen could be counterproductive but it should be a basic necessity taking our power situation into account.

If you can afford it, a few yards of electric cable can take it farther from disturbing you.
Re: Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... by dragnet: 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
a solar power source with good battery bank should solve your problem. and it doesn't have to be the "full" package. just something to power your laptop and a fan to cool your head.
Re: Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... by emmyvet(m): 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2019
kaypompee:
You work all through the week and look forward to the weekend to dive into some nice tutorials you just stumbled upon.

Your goal is to get some much needed new skills under your belt by studying and coding all through Saturday and Sunday.

That promotion, salary raise, or portfolio youre looking to build will be helped so much by this stuff you wanna learn.

Weekend finally comes and BOOM, nepa decides to be unfortunate and take light ALL THROUGH!!!

Please how do you cope with the frustration that kicks in? I have been a developer for a while now and I literally always almost go mad when this situation happens. It's bad enough that this country is tough but even worse is how our power situation stands in the way of the little personal development goals we set for ourselves.

Anyways, any tips on how you handle these setbacks will be well appreciated.

P.s I don't have a gen and I don't plan to as the noise is counterproductive to my coding

This is the best solution for a starter
mustang247:
Get a laptop power bank

1 Like

Re: Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... by mustang247: 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
emmyvet:

This is the best solution for a starter

I have one that I have been using for a year , it cost me 40k, I use it strictly for my laptop, and trust me the thing dey last well.
Re: Fellow Developers, How Do You Deal With This... by emmyvet(m): 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
mustang247:

I have one that I have been using for a year , it cost me 40k, I use it strictly for my laptop, and trust me the thing dey last well.

Yes is very good I know, I used one between 2014 - 2016 while I was working from home it helped me a lot.

(1) (Reply)

PHP Help - How Can I Allow Only Admin To Access A Page? / Apparently Technical Interviews Arent Your Only Stumbling Block / Programming Software Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.