Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari (10185 Views)

2023: I Only Know APC Candidates – Buhari Warns Decamped Party Members / Amaechi, Buni Pay Courtesy Calls On The APC National Chairman (Photos) / Pat Utomi: If Igbo Want Me To Contest For Presidency, I Won’t Decline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 07, 2019
agwom:
The governorship tussle in Ogun State, yesterday, assumed a new twist as Governor Ibikunle Amosun led the candidate of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM), Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade, to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Villa.

The meeting was held 10 days after a former governor of the state, Segun Osoba, took the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dapo Abiodun, to the president.

Akinlade who could not get the APC ticket to vie for the governorship in Ogun State had moved to APM and became its flag bearer.

Speaking after the meeting yesterday, Amosun said they were totally committed to the second term bid of President Buhari.

“For us in Ogun State, you are aware that our party, the APM adopted him (Buhari) as our presidential candidate. So, what we just tried to do today is to reassure him that what we have done still stands and we are working very hard to make sure that he wins in Ogun State,” Amosun said.

“And what we are taking away is to tell our people that he (Buhari) is doing very well and by God’s grace, come February 16, we will vote and he will win that election Insha Allah, “ he added.

Meanwhile, President Buhari has said he will not decline courtesy call from opposition candidates.

A statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu said, “Following repeated media enquiries on the matter, the Presidency wishes to state in clear and unmistakable terms that as a party leader and a candidate on the platform of the All Progressives Congress in the coming elections, President Buhari will campaign for the party and all its candidates.

“This however does not mean that he, as the nation’s leader, will decline courtesy calls or offers of support from citizens including candidates flying the flags of other parties.

“There is no doubt that the President has no competition here in terms of popularity in the coming elections. But the more support he gets, the wider the margin of victory there will be,” the statement said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-wont-decline-courtesy-calls-by-opposition-candidates-buhari.html

I can't believe this shocked
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by karimusa: 7:18am On Jan 07, 2019
elitejosef:
How confused can a party be
#i stand with AtikuObi
#ise2019 is a goal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by horlabiyi(m): 7:36am On Jan 07, 2019
Even if it's just once, kindly make use of your brain(if you have one)
post=74521522:
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI as he takes us to the land flowing with milk and honey, AKA the NEXT LEVEL.
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Sholaco: 7:39am On Jan 07, 2019
Sai baba
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by Deepthoughts: 7:43am On Jan 07, 2019
agwom:
The governorship tussle in Ogun State, yesterday, assumed a new twist as Governor Ibikunle Amosun led the candidate of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM), Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade, to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Villa.

The meeting was held 10 days after a former governor of the state, Segun Osoba, took the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dapo Abiodun, to the president.

Akinlade who could not get the APC ticket to vie for the governorship in Ogun State had moved to APM and became its flag bearer.

Speaking after the meeting yesterday, Amosun said they were totally committed to the second term bid of President Buhari.

“For us in Ogun State, you are aware that our party, the APM adopted him (Buhari) as our presidential candidate. So, what we just tried to do today is to reassure him that what we have done still stands and we are working very hard to make sure that he wins in Ogun State,” Amosun said.

“And what we are taking away is to tell our people that he (Buhari) is doing very well and by God’s grace, come February 16, we will vote and he will win that election Insha Allah, “ he added.

Meanwhile, President Buhari has said he will not decline courtesy call from opposition candidates.

A statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu said, “Following repeated media enquiries on the matter, the Presidency wishes to state in clear and unmistakable terms that as a party leader and a candidate on the platform of the All Progressives Congress in the coming elections, President Buhari will campaign for the party and all its candidates.

“This however does not mean that he, as the nation’s leader, will decline courtesy calls or offers of support from citizens including candidates flying the flags of other parties.

“There is no doubt that the President has no competition here in terms of popularity in the coming elections. But the more support he gets, the wider the margin of victory there will be,” the statement said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-wont-decline-courtesy-calls-by-opposition-candidates-buhari.html
Now it's clear that for buhari as long as his personal interest is favoured anything goes or how else can one explain a situation where buhari the president Will be hobnobbing with Amosun who claims to be in Apc but is openly sponsoring a candidate in another party n campaigning actively against the APC yet because he has promised buhari support for his own ambitions buhari don't see anything wrong in what Amosun is doing,so why are they against okorocha then?, well buhari has got integrity okorocha knows better.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by CoolAmbience(m): 7:56am On Jan 07, 2019
propsvila:
Get ready to call Atiku and Congratulate him
Just like Jonathan did in 2015
Meanwhile hook up with me if you want to know about a life changing Business Opportunity

Hahaha....Congratulate Atiku? That na for your dream.
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by CoolAmbience(m): 7:57am On Jan 07, 2019
driand:
angry angry

Decline or not we still don't like you...

Oga, na your right not to like am. But he stays as president until 2023. No too vex sha.
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by CoolAmbience(m): 7:58am On Jan 07, 2019
Racoon:
Yeah! In your utter desperation to rule again as president you want accolades & endorsements by all Tom,Dick and Harry despite your overwhelming catastrophic presidency.

However due to you lack of responsibility, you quickly blame the same opposition(s) for the numerous unpardonable gaffes of your government.

Meanwhile it's the same opposition that becomes "looters/thieves/criminals/anti-democratic elements/ "people of no electoral worth or value" once they ceased to be sai baba zombies due to your intolerant, unforgiving and vindictive nature.

Continue! Hypocrite!

Your mumu neva do? This na new year o.
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by CoolAmbience(m): 8:08am On Jan 07, 2019
LibertyRep:
The President is lucky that his election is coming first ahead of the guber elections otherwise this anti party activity he is condoning and encouraging all in the name of more support will come back to hunt him.

How do you openly welcome and support a governor who also doubles as the party's senatorial candidate) and who has repeatedly vowed not to support your party's guber candidate into the villa with his anointed guber candidate.

What manner of politics is that? No wonder the governor has the effrontery to instruct the dissolved party executive not to vacate the party's state secretariat.

You are just so pained and ignorant.

You can't even draw a line between accomodating oppositions and anti-party activities.

You want the president to decline to see a guber candidate whose party had endorsed him in his state?

What should Buhari do to Amosun? Suspend him? Flog him? Kill him? You don't seem to understand what democracy is about. It is a complex governance system, besides if you kick everyone who opposes you out, then you will have more problem than you can imagine, especially with the elections just a few weeks away.

I am sure you are an Atiku supporter wanting to see APC crash. E no concern you how APC runs it's party, make una go do una own.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by ATIKUOBIPDP: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2019
Get your PVC Nigerians and lets VOTE out APC. A Party full of lies, blame game, insecurity, shedding of innocent blood, poverty and jeopardizing the future of Nigeria and our unborn children.
We all know its only ATIKU/OBI (PDP) that can stand this corrupt APC that are willing to rig this 2019 election.

Lets VOTE ATIKU/OBI.
VOTE PDP.

Lets get Nigeria working.
God bless you all.
Re: I Won’t Decline Courtesy Calls By Opposition Candidates — Buhari by driand(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Oga, na your right not to like am. But he stays as president until 2023. No too vex sha.

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano: No Aspirant Contested Makoda LG Assembly Seat Under PDP / Abducted Catholic Nuns In Imo State Have Been Freed / Army Imposes Dusk-to-dawn Curfew On Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.