Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? (594 Views)

Nabena: Lai Mohammed, Gang Will Be Exposed. Whatever He Says Is Considered A Lie / Yul Edochie: Nnamdi Kanu Is A Hero Grossly Misunderstood / Is Ojukwu The Owner Of Bori Camp In Rivers State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 07, 2019
Till now I've no idea why they honoured him and considered him a hero.

Please why? What was his achievements?
Re: Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by kid23(m): 8:25am On Jan 07, 2019
Focus on Benin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by gidgiddy: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2019
Edodefender:
Till now I've no idea why they honoured him and considered him a hero.

Please why? What was his achievements?

The reason is simple. He fought for 3 years, under very difficult circumstances, to free his people from Hausa/Fulani controlled Nigeria.

When a person fights for my freedom, he has to be my hero.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by ashacot: 9:22am On Jan 07, 2019
Do not talk question my HERO. i may hate nnamdi kanu and his idiology because he is unintelligent as for IKEMBA, PLEASE DO NOT.

HE IS MY HERO FOREVER
Re: Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

The reason is simple. He fought for 3 years, under very difficult circumstances, to free his people from Hausa/Fulani controlled Nigeria.

When a person fights for my freedom, he has to be my hero.
I understand that but why did Nigeria(the supposed enemy) honoured the man they fought against.
Re: Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by gidgiddy: 11:08am On Jan 07, 2019
ashacot:
Do not talk question my HERO. i may hate nnamdi kanu and his idiology because he is unintelligent as for IKEMBA, PLEASE DO NOT.

HE IS MY HERO FOREVER

Nnamdi Kanu's ideology and that of Ojukwu is the same thing, freedom of the people from Nigeria

Only the method is different because they lived in different times

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by gidgiddy: 11:12am On Jan 07, 2019
Edodefender:
I understand that but why did Nigeria(the supposed enemy) honoured the man they fought against.

Why would Nigeria be honouring a man they fought against?
Ojukwu is the hero of those he fought for, not those he fought against.
Re: Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by LegitHustler: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2019
Edodefender:

Simply because the believed the war was only going to last for a month but alas it lasted for 3 years. With the help of Russia, Britian and the Islamic world on the nigerian side the couldn't defeat Ojukwu who had only 7 guns + Ojukwu and his team were able to perform wonders under pressure like refining of crude oil, landing of plane and manufacturing of local weapons, it's been stated that nigeria lost the battle but won the war and Biafra won the battle but lost the war. indeed the man(Ojukwu) deserve some honor from both sides

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2019
LegitHustler:

Simply because the believed the war was only going to last for a month but alas it lasted for 3 years
it's still doesn't make sense, Nigeria should have banished or send him to prison for ever instead they continue to praise him. The same dude that fought against them
Re: Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by dokyOloye: 1:08pm On Jan 07, 2019
At least,he stood up and fought.
Re: Why Is Ojukwu Considered A Hero? by LegitHustler: 1:12pm On Jan 07, 2019
Edodefender:
it's still doesn't make sense, Nigeria should have banished or send him to prison for ever instead they continue to praise him. The same dude that fought against them

No nigerian General dead or alive can be compared to Ojukwu hence the respect

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why We Dumped Buhari For Atiku —northern Stakeholders Forum / What news Will Bring This Kind Of Joy In Nigeria / Breaking: Jubilation In Epe As APC Wins House Of Rep. Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.