Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,274 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic (12367 Views)

Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu / Election: Thugs Invade Oliha Market In Edo, Chase Away Traders Supporting APC / Bode George Tells Junaid Mohammed His Utterances Unbecoming Of A Statesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by nairavsdollars(f): 8:20am On Jan 07, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Dr. Adegbola Dominic is the state chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Lagos State chapter. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he speaks on the chances of his party in winning the forthcoming governorship election and other issues. Excerpts:

Following the governorship primary of APC in Lagos State, many thought Governor Akinwunmi Ambode will move against his benefactor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and support the PDP. But now the governor has pledged his loyalty to APC, are you surprised by that development?

I was partly surprised because I expected Ambode an incumbent governor to have a will of his own, to know what he wants and go for it. Apparently, he wasn’t happy because he knew that Tinubu was overbearing and has cornered all the resources of the state. So, the governor wanted a change and that was what caused the problem between them. Now, Tinubu sensing that the governor is unhappy with him just came and howled at him like a bulldog and Ambode just cowered without even a fight. That is very surprising to me. He behaved like a man who does not have conviction. I expected that with the resources at his disposal and the power of incumbency he enjoys, he will be able to fight for what he believed is right. The fact that he cowered in the face of Tinubu’s howling is what surprises me. But he is also a product of Tinubu’s system. He connived with Tinubu and the others to put all the resources of Lagos state into Tinubu’s hand and himself. But I still expected that a man of his caliber who is an incumbent governor and who knows all the dubious activities of Tinubu can still cower just like that. It is very surprising to me. Tinubu’s Alpha Beta is being oiled by the state government; it depends absolutely on the government. All the funds of Alpha Beta are public funds which Ambode controls directly as governor and could use this to save this state and stop the bleeding of Lagos state economy into the pockets of Tinubu? Since he didn’t do that, we the PDP have to battle Tinubu to free Lagos from his grip.

Some lawmakers who got the ticket of your party into the Lagos House of Assembly have defected to the APC. Do you still see PDP retaining these seats in 2019?

As I always say, the PDP is going into this election to win. It is the party, which is PDP that the people voted for in the first place, not these people who defected to APC. It is the umbrella, which is the logo of the PDP that is on the paper. So, the people who voted for these lawmakers actually voted for the PDP, not them. I believe the PDP still enjoys the goodwill it had in 2015 which made it possible for these lawmakers to be elected. The party will still use the goodwill it enjoys to elect these candidates. We are floating new candidates now and I am confident that the people will again vote for them to defeat these ones who got APC tickets. The PDP lawmakers who defected can’t win on APC platform.

Do you see your party winning more seats compared to the votes you got in 2015?

Of course! In 2015, we had some resources more than we do now. But we didn’t have the goodwill of the people as we do now. I believe that the goodwill of the people is more important than these resources because if you rely on resources alone, the electorates will collect your money and then decide to vote for the candidates of their choice. That is what we are telling Lagosians now. APC will come with bribes because they are expert vote buyers. They have impoverished the people and make them hungry. So, we are telling them to collect the money if offered them by APC, but they should vote for the candidates of their choice. If they do that, I am sure that if they do, we will win more seats and even the governorship election. The major challenges we are having now are the security forces who will assist the APC to rig the election. But we are putting in all we can to prevent this from happening.

Are you not worried given the fact your predecessor, Moshood Salvador is now in APC?

We are not worried about Salvador at all. When he was Chairman, he was chairman of Mushin Local Government from Ward C1. When he was the state chairman of the party, we lost in his polling unit. PDP lost the election in the polling booth where he voted. So, what influence does he have that he is now taking to the APC? If he keeps telling them that he was former state chairman of PDP, it was just for propaganda purposes. We are not missing him. Now that he has left, his constituency is even better now for the PDP after his exit. A good number of the electorates did not vote PDP then because they don’t want him. I believe his exit to APC is an advantage to us. We are now more focused and united after his departure. It is good riddance.

Is the PDP thinking of forming an alignment with other smaller parties?

I have some experience with these smaller parties. A good number of these parties are just one-family party with just five or six members. In 2011, I brought together about 26 parties in Lagos state. We called it Coalition of Lagos State Opposition Political Parties (COLASOPP). We discovered that most of the parties, except for one or two are just on paper. Though there are one or two that can make really make an impact and we are already working on that. It is just like when the APC announced that 30 political parties have endorsed Sanwo-Olu. We are not worried about that because most of them are on paper.

What is your relationship with critical stakeholders in the state such as Traditional rulers, market leaders and so on, or do you want do without them?

We cannot do without anybody. We need the support of everybody, including market leaders, traditional rulers and so on. But the reality is that some of these traditional rulers are dependent on the state government for their daily needs. There is a case of a traditional ruler (Baale) here in Idimu. His son was contesting as a councillor on the platform of PDP but the Baale was campaigning publicly for the candidate of the APC against his son. He was telling the people to please vote against his son that if his son should win, the Lagos State Government will severely deal with him and punish him (Baale) . So, we are not dependent on them but we still reach out to them as a matter of courtesy. Look at the utterances of the Oba of Lagos. His actions have been so partisan, unbecoming and unexpected of a man in that position who should be neutral and see everybody as his children. We have to tell him that he is not doing what is expected of him but at the same time, we give him the respect due to him.
https://www.independent.ng/igbo-will-move-against-their-leaders-supporting-buhari-dominic/

2 Likes

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by phransix2: 8:22am On Jan 07, 2019
I think the Royal Fathers should always maintain a neutral stance when it comes to choice of Candidates and Political Parties, because first of all it's two of his children contesting he shouldn't have a favorite just wish both of them well, and the day of the election you vote who you prefer but campaigning for One particular party to me seems wrong.

A quick question, what if the party he's support looses? How will he want the winning party to associate with him knowing fully well he never supported them.

Am 1st comment abi? Lala n co do the needful my account number is ready on request.

Have a rewarding week everyone...

13 Likes

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by shadelek(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2019
Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by crownwealth: 8:22am On Jan 07, 2019
The jegudujera Oba is eating from the table of the fraudulent party.

The former policeman will never change.

Bribery & corrupted element.

Oba of Lagos Island, the confirmed jegudujera onijekuje!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by islandmoon: 8:22am On Jan 07, 2019
Tinubu is the real Oba of Lagos
that man you called Oba is Tinubu Slave ,
Lagosians are Tinubu slaves.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by helinues: 8:22am On Jan 07, 2019
Abeg Oba Akiolu no be king instead a puppet.

Oba Abiodun Oniru better pass him ( Maturely) far far

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:22am On Jan 07, 2019
I was partly surprised because I expected Ambode an incumbent governor to have a will of his own, to know what he wants and go for it

Look at PDP Lagos state chairman, feeling so emotional and sad for Ambode o! cheesy grin
Yeye dey smell!!
Orisisrisi something....
cheesy wink grin wink cheesy cheesy

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by Innocent229(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2019
Hmm
Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by IamJames: 8:23am On Jan 07, 2019
Which royal father? I'm sure you meant to say area father

2 Likes

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by Officialpdpnig: 8:23am On Jan 07, 2019
PDP the confused party. So Oba should hide his support of those he is convinced means well for his people?

This fraud called PDP can never change which is why I dumped the useless party

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by crownwealth: 8:25am On Jan 07, 2019
[s]
post=74524061:

Look at PDP Lagos state chairman, feeling so emotional and sad for Ambode o! cheesy grin
Yeye dey smell!!
Orisisrisi something....
cheesy wink grin wink cheesy cheesy
[/s]

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by Tripleanthony(m): 8:25am On Jan 07, 2019
na their way
Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by crownwealth: 8:25am On Jan 07, 2019
Officialpdpnig:
PDP the confused party. So Oba should hide his support of those he is convinced means well for his people?

This fraud called PDP can never change which is why I dumped the useless party

Is that how politics is being played in the yeast?
Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by Olajah81: 8:26am On Jan 07, 2019
PDP is a loser in Lagos state...

Only Sanwo-olu we knw

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by zlantanfan: 8:26am On Jan 07, 2019
Not easy leading PDP in Lagos at this time, after admitting how difficult it is to wrestle with tinubu akiolu add his own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by Airforce31: 8:29am On Jan 07, 2019
Why is he surprised? The Oba of Lagos isn't even a real title. So the agbero on seat doesn't worry me

9 Likes

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by poseidon12: 8:31am On Jan 07, 2019
This Oba Akiolu has always been a thug with zero integrity. He definitely is not fit to be an Oba. A traditional ruler should be non partisan. The thug was a Police Commissioner. So I am not surprised.

4 Likes

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by chinavs9ja(m): 8:31am On Jan 07, 2019
Alright..

I am a web designer and a developer. Check my signature if you need my service
Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by DimIsaac10(m): 8:31am On Jan 07, 2019
What do you expect from a police man

4 Likes

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by igwefivestar(m): 8:32am On Jan 07, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Dr. Adegbola Dominic is the state chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Lagos State chapter. In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he speaks on the chances of his party in winning the forthcoming governorship election and other issues. Excerpts:

Following the governorship primary of APC in Lagos State, many thought Governor Akinwunmi Ambode will move against his benefactor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and support the PDP. But now the governor has pledged his loyalty to APC, are you surprised by that development?

I was partly surprised because I expected Ambode an incumbent governor to have a will of his own, to know what he wants and go for it. Apparently, he wasn’t happy because he knew that Tinubu was overbearing and has cornered all the resources of the state. So, the governor wanted a change and that was what caused the problem between them. Now, Tinubu sensing that the governor is unhappy with him just came and howled at him like a bulldog and Ambode just cowered without even a fight. That is very surprising to me. He behaved like a man who does not have conviction. I expected that with the resources at his disposal and the power of incumbency he enjoys, he will be able to fight for what he believed is right. The fact that he cowered in the face of Tinubu’s howling is what surprises me. But he is also a product of Tinubu’s system. He connived with Tinubu and the others to put all the resources of Lagos state into Tinubu’s hand and himself. But I still expected that a man of his caliber who is an incumbent governor and who knows all the dubious activities of Tinubu can still cower just like that. It is very surprising to me. Tinubu’s Alpha Beta is being oiled by the state government; it depends absolutely on the government. All the funds of Alpha Beta are public funds which Ambode controls directly as governor and could use this to save this state and stop the bleeding of Lagos state economy into the pockets of Tinubu? Since he didn’t do that, we the PDP have to battle Tinubu to free Lagos from his grip.

Some lawmakers who got the ticket of your party into the Lagos House of Assembly have defected to the APC. Do you still see PDP retaining these seats in 2019?

As I always say, the PDP is going into this election to win. It is the party, which is PDP that the people voted for in the first place, not these people who defected to APC. It is the umbrella, which is the logo of the PDP that is on the paper. So, the people who voted for these lawmakers actually voted for the PDP, not them. I believe the PDP still enjoys the goodwill it had in 2015 which made it possible for these lawmakers to be elected. The party will still use the goodwill it enjoys to elect these candidates. We are floating new candidates now and I am confident that the people will again vote for them to defeat these ones who got APC tickets. The PDP lawmakers who defected can’t win on APC platform.

Do you see your party winning more seats compared to the votes you got in 2015?

Of course! In 2015, we had some resources more than we do now. But we didn’t have the goodwill of the people as we do now. I believe that the goodwill of the people is more important than these resources because if you rely on resources alone, the electorates will collect your money and then decide to vote for the candidates of their choice. That is what we are telling Lagosians now. APC will come with bribes because they are expert vote buyers. They have impoverished the people and make them hungry. So, we are telling them to collect the money if offered them by APC, but they should vote for the candidates of their choice. If they do that, I am sure that if they do, we will win more seats and even the governorship election. The major challenges we are having now are the security forces who will assist the APC to rig the election. But we are putting in all we can to prevent this from happening.

Are you not worried given the fact your predecessor, Moshood Salvador is now in APC?

We are not worried about Salvador at all. When he was Chairman, he was chairman of Mushin Local Government from Ward C1. When he was the state chairman of the party, we lost in his polling unit. PDP lost the election in the polling booth where he voted. So, what influence does he have that he is now taking to the APC? If he keeps telling them that he was former state chairman of PDP, it was just for propaganda purposes. We are not missing him. Now that he has left, his constituency is even better now for the PDP after his exit. A good number of the electorates did not vote PDP then because they don’t want him. I believe his exit to APC is an advantage to us. We are now more focused and united after his departure. It is good riddance.

Is the PDP thinking of forming an alignment with other smaller parties?

I have some experience with these smaller parties. A good number of these parties are just one-family party with just five or six members. In 2011, I brought together about 26 parties in Lagos state. We called it Coalition of Lagos State Opposition Political Parties (COLASOPP). We discovered that most of the parties, except for one or two are just on paper. Though there are one or two that can make really make an impact and we are already working on that. It is just like when the APC announced that 30 political parties have endorsed Sanwo-Olu. We are not worried about that because most of them are on paper.

What is your relationship with critical stakeholders in the state such as Traditional rulers, market leaders and so on, or do you want do without them?

We cannot do without anybody. We need the support of everybody, including market leaders, traditional rulers and so on. But the reality is that some of these traditional rulers are dependent on the state government for their daily needs. There is a case of a traditional ruler (Baale) here in Idimu. His son was contesting as a councillor on the platform of PDP but the Baale was campaigning publicly for the candidate of the APC against his son. He was telling the people to please vote against his son that if his son should win, the Lagos State Government will severely deal with him and punish him (Baale) . So, we are not dependent on them but we still reach out to them as a matter of courtesy. Look at the utterances of the Oba of Lagos. His actions have been so partisan, unbecoming and unexpected of a man in that position who should be neutral and see everybody as his children. We have to tell him that he is not doing what is expected of him but at the same time, we give him the respect due to him.
https://www.independent.ng/igbo-will-move-against-their-leaders-supporting-buhari-dominic/
Oba akiolu need factory settings.

2 Likes

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by Randy100: 8:33am On Jan 07, 2019
Nobody is taking the man serious. Oba that is licking Buhari anal hole.

2 Likes

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by lielbree: 8:35am On Jan 07, 2019
Traditional rulers sought to be apolitical
Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by arsenal33: 8:35am On Jan 07, 2019
Tell that to CAN

1 Like

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by israelmao(m): 8:35am On Jan 07, 2019
Who cares about deluded being.
Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by Ruddyman(m): 8:36am On Jan 07, 2019
that's Thief niBus boy

1 Like

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by iammo(m): 8:37am On Jan 07, 2019
grin according to PDP dunce logic, rev mbaka and king akiolu must not support APC, while bishop oyedepo, ohaneze and other Ipobian mushroom kings of their local village commuinity can openly support atiku and PDP

1 Like

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by hisexcellency34: 8:40am On Jan 07, 2019
Will you kip kwayet? I am a Lagosian but never a slave of Tinubu

islandmoon:
Tinubu is the real Oba of Lagos
that Oba is Tinubu Slave ,
and Lagosians are Tinubu slaves.
Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by Printerscanner: 8:40am On Jan 07, 2019
But if he suports PDP, it will not be unbecoming of him. You are mad. Which kain Yoruba man dey bear Dominic sef if no be bastard.

1 Like

Re: By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic by michoim(m): 8:41am On Jan 07, 2019
What parameters do you use to define a Royal father?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insecurity: Masari Shuts Major Roads In Katsina, Issues New Security Directives / COVID-19: Breaking News Abba Kyari Confirmed / Police Disperse Pro-biafra Procession In Nnewu, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.