Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? (1975 Views)

3 University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Students Graduate With Perfect CGPA Of 7.0 / Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? / I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 07, 2019
My nephew currently has a cgpa of 2.58 and is in 200L waiting for the strike to be over to begin 300L..
Are there any chances or is it realistic for him to finish with a cgpa of 3.80 and above?

Department is microbiology
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by FreshBoss007: 11:14am On Jan 07, 2019
yes
first class in third class category

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by Fidelismaria: 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
No comment
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by Hahjascho(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
If it's possible on paper I.e when calculated it's surely feasible...

So tell him to target scoring close to. *80 in each of the remaining courses he will be offering.

First class? ain't possible anyway but I think he should be able to get a little closer to 3.8 if he can have A,s in all the remaining courses.
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by davbravo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2019
ZinolyOnlineHelp:
My nephew currently has a cgpa of 2.58 and is in 200L waiting for the strike to be over to begin 300L..
Are there any chances or is it realistic for him to finish with a cgpa of 3.80 and above?

It's not possible.. Even getting a 2.1 may not be easy
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by frankline461: 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
If he is determined to, he can, but it won't be easy. Cgpa is calculated accumulatively and there are ways can rig it to favor him
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by Martinez19(m): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2019
Cgpa na bastard. Only very very very few people can get first class after being in that position. Those that can are exceptionally brilliant ones that were unserious at the beginning but caught themselves early and fixed things.
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by davbravo(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2019
frankline461:
If he is determined to, he can, but it won't be easy. Cgpa is calculated accumulatively and there are ways can rig it to favor him
dont give him false hope. He's done with 4 semesters and has 4 more to go. Even if he makes a 5.0 in the remaining 4 semesters, he won't be able to make it to a CGPA of 4.5

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2019
davbravo:
dont give him false hope. He's done with 4 semesters and has 4 more to go. Even if he makes a 5.0 in the remaining 4 semesters, he won't be able to make it to a CGPA of 4.5
do rewritten carryovers boost the gp?
Meaning new grades for some of the old courses?
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by Paschalp(m): 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
What's ya nephew's name grin grin grin

He can make it if he wee be the one to set and mark his remaining papers nii

First class nobe come chop grin
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by DannyJ19(m): 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2019
Nope he can't get a first class.
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by frankline461: 7:44pm On Jan 07, 2019
davbravo:

It's not false hope bruv, it's possible if he knows how to go about it
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by KingOfAllIgbos: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
FreshBoss007:
yes

first class in third class category

You made me guffaw out loud grin
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by Emmypeek(m): 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
This mean he has been getting average grade of Cs and Ds. Well It might be possible base on his input and the results he able to get preferably As and how much year he is left with. i mean if its 4 or 5 yr institution. But he'll need a lot of hardwork especially with the past records.
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by felixmuyiwa: 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
Oyo State CBT Centres

Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by sirqeeboi(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2019
ZinolyOnlineHelp:
do rewritten carryovers boost the gp?
Meaning new grades for some of the old courses?

Few days ago ..i did the calculation of two candidates have same grades but one had a carryover .which he did second year and had the same grade the other had .buh the course unit was added to the next year workload ..which Made the student who doesn't had carryover had more point then the other..i also made sure the carryover later got A in the course .still the cgp doesn't meet the student without carryover..

It better to have E than A after resitting the course...or u faint during the exam to put sick in the course so the unit would not be use in dividing ....

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by Nerosoft19(m): 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2019
By my year 2 I had a GPA of 2.2 and my CGPA was about 2.9. By God's grace and extra effort I'm graduating with a 3.7
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by Magjoel(m): 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
ZinolyOnlineHelp:

It is impossible to graduate with first class & I don't think he can even with a cgpa upto 3.80. The chances of second upper are very low but with hardwork, diligent, determination and prayer he can make a second upper.
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by Gmajor(m): 1:58am On Jan 08, 2019
frankline461:

It's not false hope bruv, it's possible if he knows how to go about it
You're giving him false hope. With this GP grade, he has most likely had a carryover and as such, he won't be eligible to get a first class no matter his final CGPA.
Re: Is It Possible To Graduate With First Class With A Cgpa Of 2.58? by frankline461: 7:53am On Jan 08, 2019
Gmajor:

You're giving him false hope. With this GP grade, he has most likely had a carryover and as such, he won't be eligible to get a first class no matter his final CGPA.

His current Cgpa does not mean he had a carryover. I'm taking from experience man

(1) (Reply)

Prof Maduike Ezeibe:Man With Cure For Hiv, Lasser Fever And Coronavirus / What's The Best GP To Start With In University? / NIIT Releases Her 16th NIIT Scholarship Exam Result 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.