Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,096 members, 7,953,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:38 PM

Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen (37654 Views)

Abducted Oyo ASUP Leaders Regain Freedom From Fulani Kidnappers, Pays N5m Ransom / Yahoo Boy Beaten To A Pulp While Trying To Run From His Bills At A Nightclub / Lady Disgraces A Man Who Refused To Pay For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by HeWrites(m): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2019
Ninety-seven-year-old Head of Shillim village, Daffo District, Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State, Baba Magit Mallo, has vowed not to abandon his ancestral land for the Fulani herdsmen, IgbereTv News report.

Mallo said he won’t run away from the village for the Fulani, if the herders wanted to kill him, he was ready.

He said: “Why should I run away? If they want to kill me, let them kill me. But I won’t run away from this land where my father and my grandparents were born.”

The village head known in Hausa as “Mai Angwa” and his family are the only ones currently resident in Shillim village, where over 35 people, including children and women, were killed on March 8, 2018 when suspected Fulani herdsmen invaded the village and burnt down 48 houses, food items and places of worship.

When our correspondent visited Shillim and other villages, it was learnt that apart from Mallo, his wife and children, all other people have fled to the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp at the Regional Church Council (RCC), Daffo, for refuge.

“What happened is that Fulani herdsmen attacked us on March 8, 2018 and burnt down the entire houses in the village, destroyed the houses, killed over 35 persons, including children and women. But God saved me. I spent three days in the bush before coming back. Since then, I have been staying here. My wife and children ran way for safety and left me here. She just came back a few days ago. I won’t run away; let them kill me in my ancestral land,” Mallo said.

He called on the President Muhammdu Buhari and Governor Simon Lalong to ensure the return of his people to their ancestral homes as was done in the case of Gashish in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of the state.

“We are peaceful people. My people want to come back and farm; we are farmers. We are pleading with government to help my people who are in Daffo to return to their homes. You can see all the houses in the village were burnt. I am just here by the Grace of God. Governor Simon Lalong should help our people before another raining season; we want to go back to farm,” the village head added.

When IgbereTv correspondent visited the IDP camp located at the RCC, Daffo, people representing hundreds of households that were displaced, queued to present data to the officers of the Operation Save Heaven, also known as Special Task Force, saddled with the responsibility of maintaining peace in Plateau State and other surrounding states. This was being done as part of efforts to return the IDPs to their ancestral homes.

The Special Tasks Force had earlier taken a bold step toward relocation of the Gashish IDPs to their ancestral homes.

The Secretary, RCC, Daffo, Rev Ishaku Joshua Mangai, said at the moment over 500 IDPs were being accommodated in the church.

He said: “When the attack occurred in March, 2018 about three local church councils were affected. Over 5,000 persons, including women, children and the old were displaced. But they are now scattered within Bokkos and Daffo to stay with some to their relatives. Others have got temporary homes to stay. Currently we have about 500 in the RCC. People and churches donate food items and toiletries for their use.”

Mangai commended the efforts of the Special Task Force for coming to the church to collect data for the planning of relocation of the IDPs to their communities.

He said government must provide enabling environment for all displaced communities to relocate.

Most of the children, according to him, are out of school due to the sacking of over seven villages.

IgbereTv correspondent also visited Ngakudung, Shillim, Murok among other villages that were all burnt down.

Locals called on government at levels to ensure the prompt rebuilding and return of the displaced persons to their ancestral homes.

SOURCE; http://igberetvnews.com/515547/meet-the-97-year-old-village-head-who-refused-to-run-away-from-fulani-herdsmen/

3 Likes

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Sirheny007(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
He said: “Why should I run away? If they want to kill me, let them kill me. But I won’t run away from this land where my father and my grandparents were born.”

When lizards were still in ones and twos, there was this honour in living and dying in the land of our fathers..
Nowadays, cowardice sometimes can be translated to mean 'tact' and 'logic action'
The youths reek of cowardice. Stand your ground and fight these butchers!

Although, There is no point killing a 97 year old man.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Tunasco4u(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
Prove to be a national hero
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Aventador: 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
J
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Anthony0094(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
Just endure it for now

Next month all this nonsense will end

39 Likes

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Kundistrict(m): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
Fixed

3 Likes

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by XaintJoel20: 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
The youths of Plateau State should man up and defend their ancestral home, ease they will have no place to call home in the near future.

8 Likes

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Misleading topic
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by BilliOne(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Herdsmen don't run from herdsmen.

It's called herdsmen code.

1 Like

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Oye0404(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Why should he run away, at ninety seven he has seen it all, nothing to loose if he dies.

6 Likes

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by lordmario(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Ne0w1zarD: 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Wetin 97-year-old wan run from again?
Death?

3 Likes

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by koolgee(m): 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Government need to provide security for all.

1 Like

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hmm...

And the best thing to do is to make this public?

Bloggers congratulations...you people have just revealed the next target for the Fulani militia to exterminate!

3 Likes

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
9 or 97 ?

1 Like

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by KingLennon(m): 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
Baba do not worry 2019 everything will be better as long as you decide to ATIKUlate...

5 Likes

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by mugeez2020(m): 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
HeWrites:
Ninety-seven-year-old Head of Shillim village, Daffo District, Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State, Baba Magit Mallo, has vowed not to abandon his ancestral land for the Fulani herdsmen, IgbereTv News report.

Mallo said he won’t run away from the village for the Fulani, if the herders wanted to kill him, he was ready.

The village head known in Hausa as “Mai Angwa” and his family are the only ones currently resident in Shillim village, where over 35 people, including children and women, were killed on March 8, 2018 when suspected Fulani herdsmen invaded the village and burnt down 48 houses, food items and places of worship.

When our correspondent visited Shillim and other villages, it was learnt that apart from Mallo, his wife and children, all other people have fled to the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp at the Regional Church Council (RCC), Daffo, for refuge.

“What happened is that Fulani herdsmen attacked us on March 8, 2018 and burnt down the entire houses in the village, destroyed the houses, killed over 35 persons, including children and women. But God saved me. I spent three days in the bush before coming back. Since then, I have been staying here. My wife and children ran way for safety and left me here. She just came back a few days ago. I won’t run away; let them kill me in my ancestral land,” Mallo said.

He called on the President Muhammdu Buhari and Governor Simon Lalong to ensure the return of his people to their ancestral homes as was done in the case of Gashish in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of the state.

“We are peaceful people. My people want to come back and farm; we are farmers. We are pleading with government to help my people who are in Daffo to return to their homes. You can see all the houses in the village were burnt. I am just here by the Grace of God. Governor Simon Lalong should help our people before another raining season; we want to go back to farm,” the village head added.

When IgbereTv correspondent visited the IDP camp located at the RCC, Daffo, people representing hundreds of households that were displaced, queued to present data to the officers of the Operation Save Heaven, also known as Special Task Force, saddled with the responsibility of maintaining peace in Plateau State and other surrounding states. This was being done as part of efforts to return the IDPs to their ancestral homes.

The Special Tasks Force had earlier taken a bold step toward relocation of the Gashish IDPs to their ancestral homes.

The Secretary, RCC, Daffo, Rev Ishaku Joshua Mangai, said at the moment over 500 IDPs were being accommodated in the church.

He said: “When the attack occurred in March, 2018 about three local church councils were affected. Over 5,000 persons, including women, children and the old were displaced. But they are now scattered within Bokkos and Daffo to stay with some to their relatives. Others have got temporary homes to stay. Currently we have about 500 in the RCC. People and churches donate food items and toiletries for their use.”

Mangai commended the efforts of the Special Task Force for coming to the church to collect data for the planning of relocation of the IDPs to their communities.

He said government must provide enabling environment for all displaced communities to relocate.

Most of the children, according to him, are out of school due to the sacking of over seven villages.

IgbereTv correspondent also visited Ngakudung, Shillim, Murok among other villages that were all burnt down.

Locals called on government at levels to ensure the prompt rebuilding and return of the displaced persons to their ancestral homes.

SOURCE; http://igberetvnews.com/515547/meet-the-97-year-old-village-head-who-refused-to-run-away-from-fulani-herdsmen/

egbon
#bhad guy

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by serverconnect(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
OP is like you are high on 9

1 Like

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by chukslawrence(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2019
9?
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Wizpa(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2019
The kind of stupid topics that make front page this days is really disturbing, SEUN should close down nairaland if he can't supervise his mods properly...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Favmil101(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2019
HeWrites:

How can this be headline �
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by JoseRaji(m): 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2019
Front page topic says 9 year old, but the main thread says 97 year old. Why evils?
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Bustincole(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2019
Survival of the fittest, only the strong will survive

nice one man
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Koskio(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2019
Fraudulent headline
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Dandsome: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2019
Government that's does not care, does not listen and doesn't read.

They are just out to grab land. Nothing more
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Danchibez: 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2019
May God grant u and ur people freedom.

If u need a quality parking bag for pure water production, call 08036498130 to place ur order. Price is affordable
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ofcourse!! grin He is 97 years old..He is Already on his way out..He gat nothing to lose.

2 Likes

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2019
XaintJoel20:
The youths of Plateau State should man up and defend their ancestral home, ease they will have no place to call home in the near future.

defend with what?
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by kennyjam: 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2019
Yes

1 Like

Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by Reference(m): 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2019
Wizpa:
The kind of stupid topics that make front page this days is really disturbing, SEUN should close down nairaland if he can't supervise his mods properly...

The survival of a genocide is a stupid topic to you. Anyway you are a black man, so no surprises here. Those that survived the concentration camps of the second world war are still celebrated today and till the very last survivor is gone. Those are societies that harbour values and have respect for the kind of humanity you should earnestly pray for.
Re: Baba Magit Mallo Shillim Village Head Who Refused To Run From Fulani Herdsmen by eben28(m): 2:00pm On Jan 07, 2019
Sirheny007:

When lizards were still in ones and twos, there was this honour in living and dying in the land of our fathers..
Nowadays, cowardice sometimes can be translated to mean 'tact' and 'logic action'
The youths reek of cowardice. Stand your ground and fight these butchers!

Although, There is no point killing a 97 year old man.

They should stand their grounds with stones, sticks and cutlass; whereas, those coming to attack them were heavily armed with AK47s. Sometimes, we should just think well before talking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Officers Break A Man's Head In His House In Delta (Disturbing Video) / Passenger Caught Stealing Onboard Air Peace Flight / Auto Parts Dealer ‘inserts’ Cocaine In Anus (PICTURE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.