Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Unneccessary Fuss About Almagamation In Africa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unneccessary Fuss About Almagamation In Africa. (432 Views)

What Is The Fuss About Bichi’s Son Appearing In A Picture With Tinubu? / What Is The Fuss About Muslim/Muslim Ticket? / Nigerians Fuss As Arab Guy Whose Account Many Mistake For NASS Tweets In Pidgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unneccessary Fuss About Almagamation In Africa. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2019
Have heard/seen people fussing unneccessarily about the creation of new countries through almagamation of many tribes who were never one by their colonial masters.

Well, maybe it's just Africa countries ot it's citizens, i don't understand how they failed to realise that many of this colonial masters did them a favour since they refused to forsee the future and grow in peace.

So let me start with examples, i'd be using new countries i know little about their life before colonisation which would be Ghana and Nigeria basically.

So before the invasion of cape coast, the Ashantis have fought many unneccessary wars proving superiority and extending their regions and land, we can say that they've literaly conquer many of their nrighbors (which were primarily different tribes, beliefs and all) and were ruling them, few they've not conquer buh they surely were never gonna stop there, they wanted to be the superior leader, they had many hausas/fulanis which they captured as slaves during war while they rule over them against their own wish. If colonisation had never come, The Ashantis dream was to conquer all their neighboring tribes and rule over them while the other tribes become slaves to them. That means they were still gonna create a country against humanity, they were ready to sacrifice, kill and enslave to achieve this.

Now let's go to Nigeria, the Northern Nigeria for a start, before Usman Dan Fodio started his jihad movement, Sokoto was just a city of it's own with many sub cities which were never part of or under the control or rulership of sokoto, after Dan fodio commited his attrocity against humanity, he created a calophate caled Sokoto which eventually was ruling all over the once independent cities and villages in the northen region, that's more like a country where there was no equal right of other tribes.....
Re: Unneccessary Fuss About Almagamation In Africa. by Omnipresent(m): 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2019
Trash!

1 Like

Re: Unneccessary Fuss About Almagamation In Africa. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2019
He (Usman Dan Fodio) ruled over them with his own act and belief, whoever doesn't agree with his belief pay with his life, he was gonna extend this his superiority to the west before the Oyo Empire millitary defeated him. They Yorubas as a tribe fought many battle, these wars were all wars of other tribes trying to extend their lands, power and superiority. Now all i'm saying is wether the brits and other colonia masters have come or not, superior tribes would have created a country against other tribes wish, they'd have ruled over other tribes without no act basically ruling as it pleases them even if it's against humanity, it wouldn't have matter.

The Italians rule the world commiting so many attrocities against many other countries of the world because they were able to claim superiority.

So wether colonia masters or not, superior tribes would have created countries and almagamate other tribes forcefully still. So all the fuss about the peaceful creation (almagamation) of new countries by colonia masters is totally unneccessary. The only almagamation that seems odd is the Ambazonia(British colonised southern cameroon) with Cameroon(French colonised).. And by God grace they shall gain their independence soon and Biya will surely be put to shame.
Re: Unneccessary Fuss About Almagamation In Africa. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2019
Omnipresent:
Trash!
how is it trash?
Re: Unneccessary Fuss About Almagamation In Africa. by gentleoyink: 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2019
IntrovertedK:
how is it trash?

You think because of wars it is right that Oyibo sat in Europe and divided African into countries?

Please note that:

1. During the time they created these countries in Africa, they were RULING over YOU, considered you as less of a human and thus created the countries for the convenience of their own administration and not for your political, economic and socio-cultural viability.

2. During the times African's were fighting due to religion and tribes, Oyibo too were fighting along those lines (remember the crusades, the monarchy system and their slashing of heads, wars between countries -France, Rome, Spain, Ireland, England, Scotland etc?).

3. As the age of enlightenment and realisation came upon the human race, those wars and fights gradually reduced, mainly as races and tribes interacted. It is still in Africa because our interaction with each other was altered (remember, before colonisation trades were going on between Africans and tribes of other races. -- eg in Nigeria, most of the tribes in the coast were already trading with the Portuguese).

Anyway let me digress and ask this question to the black man. How are you willing to die and kill your fellow black man for a country created by people who enslaved you forefathers?
Re: Unneccessary Fuss About Almagamation In Africa. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2019
gentleoyink:

You think because of wars it is right that Oyibo sat in Europe and divided African into countries?

Please note that:

1. During the time they created these countries in Africa, they were RULING over YOU, considered you as less of a human and thus created the countries for the convenience of their own administration and not for your political, economic and socio-cultural viability.

2. During the times African's were fighting due to religion and tribes, Oyibo too were fighting along those lines (remember the crusades, the monarchy system and their slashing of heads, wars between countries -France, Rome, Spain, Ireland, England, Scotland etc?).

3. As the age of enlightenment and realisation came upon the human race, those wars and fights gradually reduced, mainly as races and tribes interacted. It is still in Africa because our interaction with each other was altered (remember, before colonisation trades were going on between Africans and tribes of other races. -- eg in Nigeria, most of the tribes in the coast were already trading with the Portuguese).

Anyway let me digress and ask this question to the black man. How are you willing to die and kill your fellow black man for a country created by people who enslaved you forefathers?
to your question.. I know you are talking about the civil war. Buh i think you should know that it was inter tribal war that led to the civi war. It was the war and unrest between Igbos and Hausa/Fulani that led to secession which result into the civil war. There wouldn't have been anyone killing their fellow black because of a new country created by whites that enslave our forefathers if the two tribes (Igbos and Hausa/Fulanis) have not gone against each other. This still boils down to my point in my post abinitio. And talking about enslaving, did blacks not enslave themselves before the coming of the whites too? Did the superior not enslave the poor masses and let me remind you it was blacks that was selling their fellow blacks into slavery and it was eventually stopped by this whites.

The thing is, i won't blame the whites, it's been long the blacks refused to grow so the whites help them to attain heights they ought to have taken themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Arthur: When The Best In The World, Messi, Praises You, It Gives You Extra Confi / Photos Of Tinubu At APC Meeting Earlier Today Surface Online Amidst Ffk's Claims / Saraki Reacts To Attack On His Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.