Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming - Programming (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming (140029 Views)

Opportunity To Earn Little Pay Working On Python Assignment. / I want to solve question on python basic / I Have A Very Import Question On Python Syntax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by seunny4lif(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2020
Worst thing is no function allowed
No OOP
Just simple if statement

The man is mad, I swear
1stSonOfLucifer:

Then it's mathematics related or more of data structure and algorithm.

Anyways got a hack for you online.

def getRemainder(num, divisor):
return (num - divisor * (num // divisor))
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by TheCarpenter(m): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2020
seunny4lif:
Worst thing is no function allowed
No OOP
Just simple if statement

The man is mad, I swear
Its very simple.
Just remove the function call block and change it to either a lamda call or variable assignment
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by AbamOnyerubi: 10:13pm On Oct 17, 2020
SirJerrie:
Finally...A python community on Nairaland!!!
Hello to the Ogas in the house and fellow python enthusiasts ...
So I started my python journey last 4 months with Automate The Boring Stuff With Python
then I moved to Zero to Hero with python by Jose portila...
I FEEL LIKE I'M NOT PROGRESSING
After 4 months of being on python I haven't atill gotten to the level I thought I'd be at...
I see people who say they learnt it under a month...at most 2 months. And rhey were able to write cool programs with it.
But I seem to get it write..like I'm stuck.

I'd like to know if theres something I'm not doing right?..
For those of you that are proficient with python, what was your journey like??
How long did it take you to get to where you currently are with python??
Hello bro, I am new into programming too, coincidentally I just started learning with Jose Portila. Please I would like to connect with cos I am totally lost. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by naijasensei: 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2020
seunny4lif:
Please how do you divide in Python to get an even number or odd number without using modulus

Hi. Division is repeated subtraction, so if you repeatedly subtract two (2) from a number until you get either one (1) or zero (0) - you will get what you are looking for.
Example 1: Seven (7)
7 - 2 = 5,
5 - 2 = 3,
3 - 2 = 1
Since we got one and not zero, it means 7 is odd.

Example 2: Ten (10)
10 - 2 = 8,
8 - 2 = 6,
6 - 2 = 4,
4 - 2 = 2,
2 - 2 = 0
Since we got zero and not one, ten is even.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by seunny4lif(m): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2020
Thanks
naijasensei:

Hi. Division is repeated subtraction, so if you repeatedly subtract two (2) from a number until you get either one (1) or zero (0) - you will get what you are looking for.
Example 1: Seven (7)
7 - 2 = 5,
5 - 2 = 3,
3 - 2 = 1
Since we got one and not zero, it means 7 is odd.

Example 2: Ten (10)
10 - 2 = 8,
8 - 2 = 6,
6 - 2 = 4,
4 - 2 = 2,
2 - 2 = 0
Since we got zero and not one, ten is even.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by SirJerrie(m): 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2020
AbamOnyerubi:

Hello bro, I am new into programming too, coincidentally I just started learning with Jose Portila. Please I would like to connect with cos I am totally lost. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by SirJerrie(m): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2020
AbamOnyerubi:

WhatsApp o8147o2o212
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by Odyst: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2020
Is there any WhatsApp group for this thread?
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by Odyst: 10:32am On Oct 19, 2020
SirJerrie:
WhatsApp o8147o2o212
Is He a Python teacher?
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by SirJerrie(m): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
Odyst:

Is He a Python teacher?
Who??
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by Odyst: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2020
SirJerrie:
Who??
WhatsApp o8147o2o212
this �
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by john778: 8:19am On Oct 24, 2020
I truly regard this epic post that you have fit us. The shocking sight and a central subject to I truly get stupified to get this. It's scrambling.

I like the structure zones which worth the cost of passing on the staggering goliath piece of breathing space for no end using cash no need. I really respected it in looking posting. See to you!. https://delicatessendelmar.es/
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by starbuck(f): 2:39am On Oct 29, 2020
If only i took my computer program seriously, I would have been a pro on this...

Not too late to learn

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by Cooldipoo(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
Excallibur:
price range ?
Price ranges from 35 - 55k. The old MPS is sold for 35k, it is built will fairly new lithium ion cells. *MPS2.0* is built built with brand new lithium iron phosphate cells at it goes for 45k without inverter for those who need it for just laptop, phones, dc bulb and 55k with inverter to watch Tv and other ac appliances.

Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by Froshloaded: 9:42am On Nov 05, 2020
Oyinkansola2001

Get in here
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by EazyJ(f): 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by olukunle50: 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2020
Good morning fellow developers, after one year of python self learning, i would like my fellow developers to review my projects for me on github, your review/comments is highly needed github.com/olawuni50
...Python OOP, questions and answer for beginners, functional programming

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by syluck(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2020
Guys, can we link on telegram please. I'm not currently on WhatsApp
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by williamrock: 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
it's very interesting information thanks Dexterous DMCC is a leading company who provides high-quality [URL="https://www.dexterousdmcc.com/ethanol-suppliers/"]Denatured Ethanol | Non Denatured Ethanol |USP Grade|Ethanol Suppliers
[/URL] .We also provide ethanol loose sample

Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by fmboynl: 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
Pls i like to ask is it okay to learn data structures and algorithms in python before learning the codes.
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by mikael4me: 10:51am On Nov 13, 2020
AbamOnyerubi:

python for everyone by Dr chuck is the simplest and shortest book you can read to get started with python. you can also go through python crash course.Both books are available for free at pdfdrive.com . Mind you python has a steep learning curve but you have to let the cool things you can do with python motivate you..

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by mikael4me: 10:59am On Nov 13, 2020
fmboynl:
Pls i like to ask is it okay to learn data structures and algorithms in python before learning the codes.
. It won't make much sense to you.. you can invest a couple of days learning python basics from YouTube. Before proceeding on your quest to master data structures/data science and algorithms using python.
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by AbamOnyerubi: 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
mikael4me:
python for everyone by Dr chuck is the simplest and shortest book you can read to get started with python. you can also go through python crash course.Both books are available for free at pdfdrive.com . Mind you python has a steep learning curve but you have to let the cool things you can do with python motivate you..
Thank you Mike.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by fmboynl: 11:59pm On Nov 13, 2020
mikael4me:
. It won't make much sense to you.. you can invest a couple of days learning python basics from YouTube. Before proceeding on your quest to master data structures/data science and algorithms using python.

Thanks. Appreciate ur contribution to the thread.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by Teejay13(m): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2020
Paapii3d:
DAY 1
INTRODUCTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8zccWt7NU4

The python Programming Language is one of the most sought for languages today. Reason is because it can be used for the following:
1. Web Development
2. Game development
3. Desktop Application
4. Android Development
5. Data Science/ Deep Learning/ Machine Learning

Understand how to prepare yourself for the python journey or easy transition if you are migrating from another language to python

those who want to reach me on whatsapp can do so via 08027313271

Thank you @paapi3d and all contributors for the support, i have been following up with this thread's videos and instruction

Please am a beginner in python and it's IDE. I have downloaded python as well as visual studio IDE as instructed

However, the challenge am having now is how to integrate python into the visual studio environment so i can start coding

Secondly, can i use visual studio IDE for data analysis?

Please any one in the house to assist? your feedback will be much appreciated�
Re: A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming by mdoubie: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
Please, support my hustle. You can download YouTube and Facebook videos through this web app. It was built with Flask.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (32) (Reply)

Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.