Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Melchizedek: Should I Still Tithe??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Melchizedek: Should I Still Tithe??? (232 Views)

Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? / Tithe:"priesthood Of Melchizedek" Was A Fabricated Lie Ever Sold / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Melchizedek: Should I Still Tithe??? by Oluwasegun7(m): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2019
Melchizedek

King Of Salem...

Hebrews 7:1
7:1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

In times past, God permitted sudden glimpses into His plan allowing mankind to see briefly what He has in mind.
This man, Melchizedek, appeared for a short time, and demonstrated the events that will follow later in time.
He is the King of Salem. 'Salem' in Hebrew means 'Peace', so, easily, He is the King of Peace. But there is something deeper than that. In Psalm 76:2, we read:

76:2 In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.

So, Melchizedek has a connection to God's Tabernacle which we understand to be a set of people God chose to dwell among, as we see in Revelation 21:3;

21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

A Tenth Part Of All...

Hebrew 7:2
7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

Abraham gave him "a tenth part of all"! He, Melchizedek, received tithe from Abraham who had Jesus Christ in his loins, as we see in Matthew 1:1;
1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Tithe is a controversial issue in the Churches today. We see extortioners capitalising on it to make gains. They preach and glory in shadows, their minds darkened to the reality!
What then did Melchizedek receive from Abraham (Christ)? Let's see Isaiah 6:13;

6:13 But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.

So, we see that tithe or "tenth" part is actually connected to a chosen people! A holy seed! Let's see another place, Leviticus 6:20;

6:20 This is the offering of Aaron and of his sons, which they shall offer unto the LORD in the day when he is anointed; the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a meat offering perpetual, half of it in the morning, and half thereof at night.

The "tenth part of an Ephah" is called Omer or Homer. Here, we see an offering relating to priesthood and it is to be done "in the day when he is anointed". So, in the spiritual sense of it, a tithe is a representation of the presentation of a holy people, a royal priesthood before God. This is what Melchizedek was playing at when he received tithe from Abraham (Christ)! A kingdom principle! Colossians 1:22 says it all;

1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Bread And Wine...

Genesis 14: 18-19;
14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth.

With Melchizedek, God announced a change in priesthood. For a priest will no longer sacrifice gifts or offerings but himself!
This is the picture being displayed when Melchizedek "brought forth" bread and wine. Jesus did this in Luke 22: 19-20;

22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

It is for a "new testament"! The Order of Melchizedek! Set to present unto the Most High God a good seed, a godly people, unblamable. A glorious army!

(1) (Reply)

The Most Unstable Thing On Earth. / The Power In Sacrifice / It Is Not Strange To Be Challenged.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.