Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,614 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ (28546 Views)

IgbereTVAwards: Zubby Michael Thanks Nigerians For Voting Him Actor Of The Year / Genevieve Nnaji Wears Victoria Beckham's Outfit To Lionheart FIFM 2018 Screening / Genevieve Nnaji Used Innoson Motor (IVM) In Her 'Lionheart' Movie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by magicminister: 6:26pm On Jan 08, 2019
Very excellent movie!
Totally enjoyed myself

2 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Rextizzle(m): 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2019
sexymoma:
don't bother watching it... you'll thank me later
Bastard! go and make yours.

4 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Misterdhee1(m): 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2019
Brilliant movie!

If you haven't watched the movie, here are 10 reasons to do so immediately.
https://factdome.com/home/genevieve-lionheart/

3 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Paschalp(m): 6:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
jaymejate:
I never watch am but some people tok say there is nothing lion about the movie.

True?
No there isn't
It's just a name of the failing transport company

3 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Paschalp(m): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2019
femi4:
What Narrative? Very shallow film, rating: 2/10

No suspense
Quite direct
Expected coincidence ....Good camera quality though
Very true yeah. Nice review you got there
But u were too strong in ya criticisms
Next time be subtle so we won't term ya comment controversial or something close to that

4 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by okwabayi(m): 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2019
sharpman1:
Nothing special about the movie. Just a typical nollywood movie full of well known people.

The External Auditor scene is a disgrace, NO external auditor will act like that to management, a little research would have helped.

No intruges, no surprises. A very predictable movie.

The only DIFFERENT thing about the movie is that it's on Netflix. Meanwhile, I have seen some crappy movies on Netflix.

Conclusion: It's like your typical nollywood movie. Nothing special at all, an okay movie. Maybe it was just over hyped.
The person who thought up that scene needs flogging.
External auditors do that only to junior workers in a company not owned by them. Also if the workers are confident there is no corruption in their records no one can boss them around.
In real life a CEO and fellow director are meant to bully auditors around since they are the ones who will pay for the work with their hard earned money.

4 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Chan1: 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2019
Lol.......na wa for you. Most reviews have been positive, the storyline was meant to send a message about the value of the Girl Child, and it did very well......I enjoyed the movie.
femi4:

No suspense
Quite direct

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Lumig: 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2019
That pointless and overhyped movie?? I tire for una o

3 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2019
femi4:

No suspense
Quite direct

Even though Lionheart may not appeal to many Nigerian Movie Enthusiasts becomes it doesn't have that normal tinge on comedy and "African science" scenes in it, I disagree with your ratings. It is a 5/10 rating

2 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Henry22(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2019
femi4:

No suspense
Quite direct

Appreciate success when u see one......... It cost you nothing..... Meanwhile u must be from the waste side... No offence

1 Like

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by kennypoka2(m): 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
femi4:

No suspense
Quite direct

Summary of my review... We need to up our game in terms of story.. 2018 was a bad year story wise in Nollywood.. Most people are now doing comedy.. Very sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by veraponpo(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
femi4:

No suspense
Quite direct

Thank you for your rating.

I told a friend when I watched it that this movie is only rated this much because Genevieve is involved.

On its on merit, there was nothing in the movie.

No camera effect
No suspense
No intrigues
No romance
No special effects

Too dry and too direct

2 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by zone51: 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2019
kuzi1:
The storyline was just basic, but the PR was ecstatic...

Na wetin A.Y dey take hammer be that

1 Like

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by temmylorlah(f): 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2019
With the reviews I have read, I don't know if I should watch the movie or not. This Genevieve no wan old sha! Beautiful woman cool

Happy new year. May it be a wonderful year for you!

Need a Planner/Coordinator for your next event? Beautiful and Professionally trained Event Hostesses? We are just a 'DM' away and very affordable too!

Instagram- Owambe_9ja
Whatsapp- 09055789277
Mobile- 08088757123
Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by PenlsCaP: 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2019
sexymoma:
don't bother watching it... you'll thank me later
Pained Hater tongue
Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by PenlsCaP: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
Henry22:

Appreciate success when u see one......... It cost you nothing..... Meanwhile u must be from the waste side... No offence

Check all them who made negative comment about the movie are all yorubas.
That tribe and the devil himself are neighbours

5 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Maxcollins042(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
How can most Nigerians be filled with so much vile and hate? Are they even humans?

I have come to realize that this is a reflection of how retrogressive their lives are. They are ready to pull their fellow black down so as to stay in the same retrogressive state with them. Bunch of savages and imbeciles they are.

Even if the movie is overrated or whack, just commend her on the effort she made so far, make a constructive criticism and move on.

2 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by PenlsCaP: 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
Lumig:
That pointless and overhyped movie?? I tire for una o

Yoruba man I bet my ass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by PenlsCaP: 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2019
Maxcollins042:
How can most Nigerians be filled with so much vile and hate? Are they even humans?

I have come to realize that this is a reflection of how retrogressive their lives are. Even if the movie is overrated or whack, just commend her on the effort she made so far, make a constructive criticism and move on.

Yorubas not Nigerians..
They are pained because most actors there are igbo.
And igbo language was mostly spoken.

4 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Ekpekus(m): 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
The movie nor join abeg...
Just imagine Nkem Owoh bursting into where a transaction of such magnitude was being concluded to tell the Son of Maikano that He was about to be duped.. and the guy just walked away without being lynched by the so called scammers..

And coincidentally, they met at the airport to Kano grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Felixv: 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
a foreign colleague of mine who had never been to Nigeria, recently watched this film on Netflix and he was quite impressed,so it is about a different narrative -something positive.

1 Like

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by americaninja1: 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2019
Movie dat I had to fast forward most of d part while watching.. too shallow for my liking, nothin interesting

2 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by IkpuMmadu: 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2019
PenlsCaP:

Check all them who made negative comment about the movie are all yorubas.
That tribe and the devil himself are neighbours

Oh you are just knowing ... Ndị obi ojoo

3 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by americaninja1: 7:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ekpekus:
Just imagine Nkem Owoh bursting into where a transaction of such magnitude was being concluded to tell the Son of Maikano that He was about to be duped.. and the guy just walked away without being lynched by the so called scammers..

no mind dem, and gene confidently went to meet home dere, like dats where she left him

1 Like

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by IkpuMmadu: 7:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
Maxcollins042:

I have come to realize that this is a reflection of how retrogressive their lives are. They are ready to pull their fellow black down so as to stay in the same retrogressive state with them. Bunch of savages and imbeciles they are.

Even if the movie is overrated or whack, just commend her on the effort she made so far, make a constructive criticism and move on.

You see why Igbo want Biafra ...the bike and hate is too much ..we can produce in Biafra and they buy it but inside with them if their hate don't kill it their envy will

Trust me

2 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by americaninja1: 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2019
Henry22:

Dats how we dey appreciate our failed politician calling it success. Wake up
Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by PenlsCaP: 7:38pm On Jan 08, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

Oh you are just knowing ... Ndị obi ojoo

Me just knowing?.
I know tey tey

2 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by yawehoverall: 7:38pm On Jan 08, 2019
Didn't enjoy the movie, just popular Nollywood faces everywhere. Though she tried bringing them all together.

3 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by PenlsCaP: 7:42pm On Jan 08, 2019
Ekpekus:

Every judge every movie like that trust me there is going to be fault in EVERY SINGLE MOVIE in the whole world even Hollywood.
Its funny how u guys criticise nollywood.
But clap andnhail Hollywood when u see only one man killing battalions of armed army with firgter jets. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by Baroba(m): 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2019
Watching it right now on showbox, interesting so far; one criticism though, the Igbo dialogue should have been translated since this is marketed for an international audience..

1 Like

Re: 'Lionheart': Genevieve Nnaji Thanks Nigerians For ‘Changing The Narrative‘ by okwabayi(m): 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2019
This movie wasn’t bad. It had weak points but I hope it will pave a way to a new Nollywood style.
The drone shots were nice. I didn’t see any scenes where things were unnecessarily drawn out due to lack of imagination. I love the stamping of Igbo language in the movie. Although I don’t understand the language I enjoyed the scenes it featured in either way. I loved the family dinner scene, it was reminiscent of those from The Nutty Professor. I enjoyed how Onyeka Onwenu portrayed a strict but loving mother, she played it naturally. I believe the character was made for her. Nkem Owoh was funny in his own way.

The bad though was the story. The story was bland. They kept making an issue of how Genevieve’s character was a woman and how it’ll hinder her success in things yet everything smooths out in the end without explanation.
Kalu’s character realistically had no motivation for what he did. In real life only a step son/ bastard of the owner or fellow relative will do such. His character having no relation didn’t give weight to his actions. I believe his acting was underused. Onyeka was portrayed as a strict mother but didn’t extend this quality towards her son, why? Why was Peter in the movie again? Four days were pulled out of the countdown and never used to cushion the deadline. WTF.

If I continue with this write up I’ll hijack this thread.
On the whole the movie was good. I give it a 6.5/10 and will recommend it especially for the use of Igbo.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seyi Law Celebrates Daughter, Tiwa's 2nd Birthday With Cute Photos / Davido & Don Jazzy Place N10 Million On FIFA 15 Game / Pictures From Olamide Live In Concert – New York Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.