Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun (1116 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Kill Ibrahim, Fulani Herdsman In Kwara / Boko Haram Commander Marries Daughter Of Fulani Herdsman In Sambisa Forest - FFK / Stranded Men Meet Fulani Herdsman In Abuja. See What Happened. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by 1Ebiscoo: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
Residents of Pakudi village near Obada-Oko in Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State have fled their homes over fear of reprisal attack by Fulani herdsmen following the killing of a Fulani man allegedly by a villager.

When journalists visited the village on Monday, it was observed that the village had been deserted by most of the villagers except few people who were seen in their houses.

Pakudi village, located beside the ongoing rail construction by the Federal Government at Obada Oko, is a 10-minute drive from Abeokuta, the state capital.

It was gathered that a Benue-born farmer reportedly killed a Fulani herdsman, last Wednesday, for allegedly destroying his farm. He has since fled the village.

Further findings by INDEPENDENT showed that the Police had stormed the affected village few hours after the incident to whisked away some villagers who were later released after completion of interrogation.

It was further learned that, the wife of the alleged killer has been arrested by the operatives of SARs in the state.

The suspected killer was reported to have killed the Fulani herdsman on his farm and took away his belongings including his stick.

A source, who spoke with INDEPENDENT on condition of anonymity, said the suspected killer came from Benue state, but settled down in the village as a farmer.

He said “This is first time I heard of this. The community had been peaceful before this ugly incident.

“As at now (Monday) most residents of this village have run away to save their lives, because they heard that the Fulani herdsmen have been ganging up somewhere to attack the village. The village is deserted now.”

Another villager, who identified himself simply as Zacchaeus who was seen in the village explained that he was risking his life by staying in the village.

He said, “Many people are in the bush to avoid being attacked by Fulani herdsmen over the death of one of them.”

When asked why he chose to stay when others have fled, he said, “I have no place to take my family to. I must stay with my family. Whatever is going to happen, let me see it; I must protect my family.”

When asked if the leaders of the village had taken any step to protect the people in the village who had run away, he said few of them who stayed behind had gone to the nearby police station to report the alleged planned attack.

He said “We went to the Police station and when we got there we saw that the man (suspected killer) and two more people have been arrested by Operatives of Special Anti-Robbery squad.

“They said we are save, but we are not sure of their statement of assurance.”

When contacted on the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi confirmed the incident.

Oyeyemi, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, said the suspect had been arrested by Police, adding that the arrest was enough evidence that Police are on top of the situation.

He also allayed the fear of the residents over the alleged planned attack saying the arrest has solved the problem.

He said, “There is no cause for alarm, no planned attack by anybody. We have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with all the leaders of ethnic groups in the state especially farmers and herdsmen.

“I urge the people to go back to their homes and continue doing their legitimate businesses. There is no planned attack by Fulani herdsmen on them.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/08/villagers-flee-farmer-kills-fulani-herdsman-ogun/

Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by Ooni: 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
we can fear sha

1 Like

Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by Day169: 6:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
.. a cat may have 9 lives but the villagers have only one! cool
Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by Presidiotbuhari: 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
grin grin smiley tongue
Fear fear tribe

4 Likes

Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by Goddey18(m): 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2019
Life has no duplicate. Let them rum for their dear lives
Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by Odingo1: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2019
see how dey don push this thread down grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by timecapsule: 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2019
What is the cause of the problem that result the death of the master by his slave.
Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by awgumayor: 7:42pm On Jan 08, 2019
A death of a fulani and idp is about to be raised

1 Like

Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by BlackPeni5: 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
Nation of cowards...but with loud mouths

3 Likes

Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by famouscargo4u: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2019
Fulani does not forgive. I am 100% sure that even if it takes five years, there must be reprisal attacks.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2019
Finally IBB was right about yorubas....that they can't fight.

3 Likes

Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2019
BakireBulmaker:

You read some people are still behind.

And not only Yorubas stay in the village.

Get some sense!

I will get sense, no wahala.

I forgot yorubas and north are best of friends.

That's y u quick to defend.
Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by mightyhazell: 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2019
What a country,..
Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by Asshurbanipal: 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2019
I doubt if arrest is enough to stop reprisal attack. This news confirm one thing, fulani destroy farms anyhow if yorubaland and they keep quiet due to fear. This particular benue man could not take it

1 Like

Re: Villagers Flee As Farmer Kills Fulani Herdsman In Ogun by celeiyke: 9:20pm On Jan 08, 2019
Kill an igbo man and life continues
Kill yoruba life continues
Kill ijaw life continues
Kill a cow and life will be taken for it
Then kill a fulani man and a village will be deserted.
Hmmmm
Nigeria I hail thee.
Some lives are expensive while some are cheap

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Funniest Meme About Atiku And Buhari (ibeju-lekki) / State Of The Nation Address By Atiku Abubakar, Presidential Candidate Of The PDP / JUST IN : Unprecedented Crowd Hits Katsina State For President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.