Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,506 members, 7,836,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

See the heartwarming thing a California Community Did To Old Doughnut Shop Owner - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See the heartwarming thing a California Community Did To Old Doughnut Shop Owner (486 Views)

Falz Reacts To Old Video Of His Lawyer Parents In Court / Wizkid Message To Burnaboy Is The Most Heartwarming Thing You'd Read Today. / Lady Who Mocked Regina Daniels For Marrying Ned Nwoko Is Also Married To Old Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See the heartwarming thing a California Community Did To Old Doughnut Shop Owner by Babanews(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2019
An amazing community in California is helping a doughnut shop owner sell out his donuts earlier than usual—for a reason that has touched millions.

For more than three decades now, John Chhan and his wife, Stella, have been humbly serving a whole community in California by selling delicious doughnuts since they moved from Cambodia in 1979. Every day, the duo works hand-in-hand from before sunrise until their shop, Donut City, sells out in the afternoon.

But recently, customers noticed that one of the pair has been missing for days and only John is managing the store. It did not take long before they found out that Stella suffered an aneurysm. Although she survived, she is still weak and has to stay in a rehabilitation facility. At the end of every day, once the doughnuts are all sold, John rushes to be with Stella.

When they knew about the couple’s situation, the people of Seal Beach, California, rallied to help John by urging everyone to buy a dozen doughnuts at a time. After the story spread on social media and viva voce, John now sells out his shop three hours faster than usual. He gets to close the store as early as 10:00 am. and spends the rest of the day with Stella.

Touched by their story, some customers also offered to set up a GoFundMe account to raise funds for Stella’s recovery at the center. But the humble and hardworking John Chhan refused. He said money is not what he needs but more time with Stella.

“I’m very appreciative of all the friends, neighbors, and community that have come to help me,” says John in an interview with NBC News. “We can stay together, I feel very happy all day.”

Having seen the couple work together for thirty years to support their family, the community saw how heartbreaking it must have been for John to have to wait till afternoon before he could see his wife. With a gesture as simple as buying a dozen of doughnuts at a time, they gave him the best thing he could ever ask for from anyone: more moments to share with his beautiful wife.

Source: https://www.babanewsline.com.ng/2019/01/california-community-buys-out-doughnut.html

cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Sign Me To DMW, Upcoming Artist Mr Surd Begs Davido On Twitter / ‘i’m Done With Music I Deleted Everything’ – American Rapper, Lil Uzivert Says / [MUSIC] Otoballer - Sign Soro Mi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.