Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

NLC Is Mad Over Wage By President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Is Mad Over Wage By President Buhari (469 Views)

Proposed Minimum Wage By NLC Across Geopolitical Zones / NLC Is Doing Controlled Opposition - Morris Monye / Fuel Price Hike: NLC Is Dead, Can’t Do Anything About It – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Is Mad Over Wage By President Buhari by Mcreloaded(m): 6:21am On Jan 09, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has said the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) wants to force his government to print more money to meet their demands.

He narrated the situation using the parable of a mad woman.

Speaking in an interview with Arise TV, Buhari asked the NLC how they expect his government and state governors to get N30,000 minimum wage, considering the struggle to pay N18,000.

“I have just mentioned how much this country was earning between 1999 and 2014, but there are states that were not paying salaries.

“We had to do what you call bailout twice and then paid Paris Club and whatever it is, up till now there are states that for six months are not paying one kobo.

“So, when the recruited labour wanted salaries to be increased, I had to relapse into my culture, Hausa culture, and told them about a mad woman; she went to make firewood, she made firewood, she tied it, once she couldn’t carry it because it was too heavy, she increased it instead of reducing.

“When they can’t pay the basic salary of N18,000 per month, they say it should go to N30,000. My budget presentation was no secret, I read it all out. Where do we get the money?

“Do we print more currency? If you do it, you cannot control inflation, but if we have to stay in government, they would force us to print more money, let everybody be a millionaire,” Buhari said.
Re: NLC Is Mad Over Wage By President Buhari by Mcreloaded(m): 6:22am On Jan 09, 2019
Await reply from NLC to see if they will continue with the madness
Re: NLC Is Mad Over Wage By President Buhari by Randy100: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2019
He was suggesting that student pays half a million as tuition fee. He is not sincere.

1 Like

Re: NLC Is Mad Over Wage By President Buhari by greatdreamer(m): 6:50am On Jan 09, 2019
Buhari's government is the most useless and lifeless government since Lord Lugard inugrurated this evil contraption called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NLC Is Mad Over Wage By President Buhari by SheikhMuniru(m): 7:01am On Jan 09, 2019
AS YOU'RE MAD IN DELAYING TO FORWARD IT TO NATIONAL ASSEMBLY

1 Like

Re: NLC Is Mad Over Wage By President Buhari by Niorte: 8:20am On Jan 09, 2019
Mr President, how much do you collect as salary every month? Do you even touch that your salary?
You have everything free yet you still collect salary.
You don't spend on transportation from your salary
You don't spend on food from your salary
You don't spend on medicals from your salary. Yet you collect salary bigger than that of a professor. Shame on you.

(1) (Reply)

Reality Organisation Holds Prayer Section, Vows To Support MUK For House Of Rep / Hey Mods, Massob Is Very Upset At Umahi. / My Family Have Represented Injustice To Ovia People, Says Igbinedion*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.