Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Tb-how Yar’adua Was Pressurised To Revert Refineries Sold To Dangote-obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tb-how Yar’adua Was Pressurised To Revert Refineries Sold To Dangote-obasanjo (264 Views)

Hausa Muslim Man Threaten Igbo Muslim Who Wants To revert Back To Christianity / I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) / Buhari: Despite Our Differences, Yar’Adua Was A Patriot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tb-how Yar’adua Was Pressurised To Revert Refineries Sold To Dangote-obasanjo by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2019
I passed through the area leading to Dangote refinery yesterday and remembered how Dangote was supposed to buy 2 of Nigeria's refineries. in 2019 they are in comatose even with the TAM(turnaround maintenance yearly of about 40M USD). Later someone would say the Late Yar adua was a good president. SMH

Throwback-
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed that his immediate successor, Late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua reversed the sale of two of the country’s refineries which had been finalized before he left office due to “pressure.” File: Obasanjo and and Late Yar’Adua The revelation was made in his serialised interview with “Book Club,” which aired on Channels Television yesterday. According to Obasanjo, Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, leading a consortium of investors had pad $750 million for the two refineries as the Federal Government was unable to manage them at the time, adding that Yar’Adua failed to consolidate on the sale of the refineries so the investors could revamp them, but fell to pressure and cancelled the sale. He said: “The refineries are old and Dangote and some investors paid $750m for two of the refineries. My successor came to office and reversed the sale. He even refunded the money they paid. “So, I went to him and said ‘why did you do this?’ He said it was because of pressure. So, I said ‘so the pressure of some people was more important than the interest of the whole nation?’ “Right now, you will hardly be able to sell the refineries for more than $250m because they are very old,” said Obasanjo.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/how-yaradua-was-pressurised-to-revert-refineries-sold-to-dangote-obasanjo/

(1) (Reply)

2019: Why Benue Individuals Should Cast A Ballot Atiku – Ortom / INEC Releases Seven-step Voting Procedure For 2019 General Elections / Come What May, Deltans Will Re-elect Governor Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.