Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:01 AM

Why Access Bank’s Customers Are Lamenting, Shading The Bank On Twitter - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Access Bank’s Customers Are Lamenting, Shading The Bank On Twitter (982 Views)

Did You Receive Any Warning Mail From GT Bank? (GT Bank Customers) / Polaris Bank Customers Nationwide Denied Access To Transactions / AWOOF!!! Food For All Nation (partnering Access Bank) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Access Bank’s Customers Are Lamenting, Shading The Bank On Twitter by jesutakewe(f): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
Many customers of Access Bank Plc have taken to Twitter to vent their anger over the bank’s alleged “criminality”.

The Twitter storm followed a post by an aggrieved Access Bank customer, Ms Arike Martins, who called out the tier-1 lender for deducting N20 from her account after she dialed the bank’s USSD code.

Ms Martins’ January 6th post, which has since garnered over 500 retweets and 447 likes, eventually created enough buzz to aggravate the matter.

Many more customers have seen been complaining about the same issue, all while mentioning Access Bank’s Twitter handle.

So Access bank debits you 20# for dialing their ussd code irrespective of using it or not. This is unfortunate @accessbank_help

— Citrus Burst (@ArikeMartins_) January 6, 2019

Meanwhile, even though Access Bank has responded to the complaint and apologised for the “inconvenience”, many customers do not seem enthused by its explanation for the deduction.

Ms Martins, especially, is yet to understand the reason behind the N20 debit.

I dialed *901# only and the next thing I got was a debit alert of 20#. You debited me for what exactly? What have I used your ussd to do?

— Citrus Burst (@ArikeMartins_) January 6, 2019

Here’s what the other angry customers are saying

Virtually everyone that commented on Ms Martins’ thread agreed that Access Bank is overcharging customers who dial the USSD code. Some even claimed that there is nothing else that is appealing about Access Bank, as all the good services he liked have been bastardised.

They’ve spoilt all the good things I like about AccessBank…I’m done with you guys tho✌�. pic.twitter.com/sYX7C5ICSi

— VIC3KING (@VIC3KIING) January 7, 2019

Others claimed that Access Bank is trying to recover the money it expended in the acquisition/merger with Diamond Bank Plc.

How do you want them to recover the money they use to buy diamond bank��‍♂️

— Unknown User (@mjaey_) January 7, 2019

Other people simply chose to be petty about the whole thing, talking about how they would clear all the money in their account before dialing the USSD code just so that the bank wouldn’t be able to debit them for the service.

If I had an account with them, I’ll clear it out. Then with my zero account balance I’ll dial the USSF code at least 50 times. Yeah I can be petty �

— bola badejo (@funtoarawomo) January 7, 2019

Meanwhile, others decided to drag other banks into the matter by accusing the likes of First City Monument Bank and Unity Bank Plc of being guilty of the same offence.

I used to think @UnityBankPlc was one the of best banks with fair pricing until they started charging to check balance with ussd code, Who knows very soon they'll follow in the footsteps of access bank. Worst is I wasn’t even informed of the changes.

— Rose Gold (@sesantuedoye) January 7, 2019

As expected, each of those banks quickly responded in efforts to clear their names.

Hello, we are concerned about your tweet, please. Shall we DM? #MyBankandI

— FCMB (@MyFCMB) January 7, 2019

The many comments that are pouring in on that thread simply attest to the fact that many bank customers are unhappy with the services they receive.

Note that the absence of customer satisfaction is one of the most serious problems plaguing the Nigerian banking industry.

Access Bank Plc is a tier-1 lender which recorded a gross earning of N375.2 billion billion in as at Q3 2018, with a profit after tax of N62.9 billion.

The bank’s stock is currently trading at N5.75 on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

https://nairametrics.com/access-bank-customers-lament-over-ussd-charges/

Re: Why Access Bank’s Customers Are Lamenting, Shading The Bank On Twitter by Vinstel: 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
So na 20 naira dey cause all the palaver?
Re: Why Access Bank’s Customers Are Lamenting, Shading The Bank On Twitter by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
angry
Even that snail speed useless ecobank does same thing. It's a pity am stuck with the bank since Rivers state govt pays my salary through it
Re: Why Access Bank’s Customers Are Lamenting, Shading The Bank On Twitter by chigoziri2403(m): 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
for people that have money in their accounts, once my salary comes, I wipe everything, lemme see where you will deduct from.....

I disable d all these nonsense on my savings account
no ATM
no SMS
no ussd code
Re: Why Access Bank’s Customers Are Lamenting, Shading The Bank On Twitter by jesutakewe(f): 8:55am On Jan 18, 2019
Lol
chigoziri2403:
for people that have money in their accounts, once my salary comes, I wipe everything, lemme see where you will deduct from.....

I disable d all these nonsense on my savings account
no ATM
no SMS
no ussd code
Re: Why Access Bank’s Customers Are Lamenting, Shading The Bank On Twitter by Lagbaja01(m): 10:48am On Jan 18, 2019
Access bank charged me N20 upto 15 times last week when I tried to transfer money using the ussd code, yet the transfer was not successful .I didn't realized I was been charged each time I dialed the code because I left my hotline phone in my room. but the big question is why should I be charged for failed transactions? I also receive N50 card maintainance charges every month whether I use my atm card or not.. This bank should be checked as soon as possible!
Re: Why Access Bank’s Customers Are Lamenting, Shading The Bank On Twitter by adescopy(m): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
Access bank is the worst bank have seen in a while, all they do is to charge you for everything imaginable and not giving anything in return; not even interest on your account. 419 bank.

1 Like

Re: Why Access Bank’s Customers Are Lamenting, Shading The Bank On Twitter by jesutakewe(f): 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thank God say I nor get account for there o.
adescopy:
Access bank is the worst bank have seen in a while, all they do is to charge you for everything imaginable and not giving anything in return; not even interest on your account. 419 bank.

(1) (Reply)

If You Need Loan To Start Your Business Come Here / 3 Best Trading Software Of 2019 / If You Have #3k, I Will Show You How To Make 2k Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.