Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General (1140 Views)

Osborn Nwaze, Governor Umahi's Son Who Was His Campaign Director / Atiku Vs Buhari Campaign Phones: Which Would You Accept? (photos, Videos) / Ibrahim Magu Wears Buhari's Campaign Lapel, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by hisexcellency34: 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
These are indeed not the best of times for Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, Minister of Transportation and the Director-General of President Muhammadu Buhari Election Campaign Council. With just few days to the conduct of the 2019 presidential election, the former Rivers state governor is enmeshed in controversy of allegedly de-marketing and badmouthing the man he is meant to advertise to Nigerians, President Muhammadu Buhari.

In the alleged audio which has gone viral and is already generating mixed reactions from Nigerians, Amaechi was heard making disparaging remarks about the President

In the audio, Amaechi was reported to have said: “This country can never change, I swear. The only way this country can change is in a situation where everybody is killed. This country is going nowhere. When Magnus (Abe) was Secretary to the Rivers State Government (SSG), I told him that this country is hopeless and helpless and he told me, ‘Oga, stop it’. This cannot be coming from a governor.

“But two months (later) in Abuja, Magnus came to meet me and said, ‘I agree with you; this country is hopeless and helpless. All they do in Abuja is to share money. I have already written to the governor of Katsina State and I don’t know why he has not replied to give us the land in Daura for a university in Daura. The next university would be in my village. There was a popular saying while we were growing up, that charity begins at home. Will my own (charity) begin abroad?

“The president does not listen to anybody. He doesn’t care. You can write what you want to write. Does he read? I was flying with him in an aircraft and we saw a news report where a goat seller was complaining that he couldn’t sell his goats during Sallah because of he Buhari’s administration. And the president said what’s my business with goat sellers?”

However when asked for his comments on the audio Amaechi said: “Nothing. I am not aware of any audio recording”.

However, reactions have continued to trail the alleged leak. While some Nigerians claim the audio was doctored to blackmail Amaechi in order to cause confusion in President Buhari’s campaign, others claim the Minister, like many others don’t believe in President Buhari but are only staying in his cabinet because of pecuniary gains.

In its reaction, The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) asked President Buhari to accept defeat and stop his re-election bid saying the audio leak was an indication that Buhari had lost the loyalty of his support base.

The PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, in a statement, also said since the audio recording leaked last Friday, neither Amaechi nor the Buhari Campaign Organisation had denied or offered any explanation on the matter.

“This development amply shows that the Buhari Campaign Organisation is in agreement with Amaechi that President Buhari’s incompetence, nepotism, insensitivity and corruption, and not the 16 years of the PDP rule, are responsible for the myriad of problems facing our nation.

“Our party, therefore, holds that President Buhari now lacks the honour and integrity to campaign and seek for votes since his campaign organisation is holding him directly responsible for the biting economic hardship and security problems our nation has been facing in almost four years of his tenure, as expressly communicated in the leaked voice recording.

“Amaechi’s confession that President Buhari does not listen and that he does not give a hoot about the sufferings of Nigerians but laughs and glees at the misfortunes and plights of our citizens shows the world the level of disdain President Buhari holds Nigerians.”

However, Olawale Olaleye, a Lagos-based journalist and friend of the Minister said while it is true the voice belongs to Amaechi, the audio recording was doctored by some extortionists who have been threatening to release the tape if the Minister fails to bribe them. Their aim, according to him is to set Amaechi against the President.

He said “Since my brother and friend, the Minister of Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi started trending with a supposedly leaked audio, where he was heard crucifying his principal, President Muhammadu Buhari, friends and colleagues had sent me different versions, seeking to know if it was his voice. I’m confirming that now. It’s his voice”.

“Oh, they also wanted to know if he actually said those things about the president. Again, he did, clearly not in the context of what has been flying around. What you have been listening to is the doctored version of his encounter with the blackmailers, who had been on his case in over five months, asking for money and threatening to release the tape close to the election period”.

“In one instance, he said there was poverty in the land in Buhari’s three years of leadership and concluded that conversation with the fact that the solution to Nigeria’s problems was to kill everyone. Any intelligent person would have noticed the incoherence in the start-up line and the end note. Something was missing”.

“The missing line was where he said the reason people were complaining was because there was no access to freebies and so, they blamed Buhari for impoverishing them. Therefore, if we were averse to fighting corruption, the solution was in killing everyone. But that part had been taken off”.

“Interestingly, it is one analysis Amaechi does every time and we fight over it because I personally don’t like the sound of it that we are broke only because we no longer have access to cheap money. On that, the blackmailers and their sponsors failed”.

“Two, there is the line he allegedly said the president did not care and could not read. Terrible lot! This was made to appear as if he was denigrating Buhari. Again, they lied and cheaply so”.

“They can’t set Amaechi against the president. He doesn’t just love Buhari, he had envisaged his presidency two years before the election of 2015 and gave his all to see it materialise. He nurses no regrets and he’s determined to fight to see Buhari return even though we always disagree on this”.

“Please, let the opposition try something else; something more creative, instructive, debatable and wowing. This one is dead on arrival”.

A chieftain of the APC in Rivers State, Princewill Dike in a statement made available to newsmen in Port harcourt, described the audio tapes making the rounds as doctored by supporters of PDP.

He said that since the ouster of the Jonathan administration in 2015, beneficiaries of that administration have not forgiven Amaechi, who is seen as the arrowhead of their defeat.

He said: “Amaechi is one of the few ministers who have unrestrained access to the president and his ears. You can see that he has no reason to run down his beloved boss behind the scene. Amaechi is a man of iron cast integrity and thus double standard is not in his gene, a man of rare courage, what he can’t say before you, he won’t say it behind you.

“The enemies have failed woefully with their doctored voice of Amaechi. If you believe that cloned voice, you will as well believe their propaganda that Jubril is a cloned Buhari.”
https://www.independent.ng/amaechi-trying-times-for-buharis-campaign-dg/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
grin

Even Ngige in an APC rally told the supporters to vote for PDP.

Truth serum has been injected into them and they are singing like a bird.

May the reign of evil leaders be cut short.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by deomelllo: 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
[s]
hisexcellency34:
These are indeed not the best of times for Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, Minister of Transportation and the Director-General of President Muhammadu Buhari Election Campaign Council. With just few days to the conduct of the 2019 presidential election, the former Rivers state governor is enmeshed in controversy of allegedly de-marketing and badmouthing the man he is meant to advertise to Nigerians, President Muhammadu Buhari.

In the alleged audio which has gone viral and is already generating mixed reactions from Nigerians, Amaechi was heard making disparaging remarks about the President

In the audio, Amaechi was reported to have said: “This country can never change, I swear. The only way this country can change is in a situation where everybody is killed. This country is going nowhere. When Magnus (Abe) was Secretary to the Rivers State Government (SSG), I told him that this country is hopeless and helpless and he told me, ‘Oga, stop it’. This cannot be coming from a governor.

“But two months (later) in Abuja, Magnus came to meet me and said, ‘I agree with you; this country is hopeless and helpless. All they do in Abuja is to share money. I have already written to the governor of Katsina State and I don’t know why he has not replied to give us the land in Daura for a university in Daura. The next university would be in my village. There was a popular saying while we were growing up, that charity begins at home. Will my own (charity) begin abroad?

“The president does not listen to anybody. He doesn’t care. You can write what you want to write. Does he read? I was flying with him in an aircraft and we saw a news report where a goat seller was complaining that he couldn’t sell his goats during Sallah because of he Buhari’s administration. And the president said what’s my business with goat sellers?”

However when asked for his comments on the audio Amaechi said: “Nothing. I am not aware of any audio recording”.

However, reactions have continued to trail the alleged leak. While some Nigerians claim the audio was doctored to blackmail Amaechi in order to cause confusion in President Buhari’s campaign, others claim the Minister, like many others don’t believe in President Buhari but are only staying in his cabinet because of pecuniary gains.

In its reaction, The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) asked President Buhari to accept defeat and stop his re-election bid saying the audio leak was an indication that Buhari had lost the loyalty of his support base.

The PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, in a statement, also said since the audio recording leaked last Friday, neither Amaechi nor the Buhari Campaign Organisation had denied or offered any explanation on the matter.

“This development amply shows that the Buhari Campaign Organisation is in agreement with Amaechi that President Buhari’s incompetence, nepotism, insensitivity and corruption, and not the 16 years of the PDP rule, are responsible for the myriad of problems facing our nation.

“Our party, therefore, holds that President Buhari now lacks the honour and integrity to campaign and seek for votes since his campaign organisation is holding him directly responsible for the biting economic hardship and security problems our nation has been facing in almost four years of his tenure, as expressly communicated in the leaked voice recording.

“Amaechi’s confession that President Buhari does not listen and that he does not give a hoot about the sufferings of Nigerians but laughs and glees at the misfortunes and plights of our citizens shows the world the level of disdain President Buhari holds Nigerians.”

However, Olawale Olaleye, a Lagos-based journalist and friend of the Minister said while it is true the voice belongs to Amaechi, the audio recording was doctored by some extortionists who have been threatening to release the tape if the Minister fails to bribe them. Their aim, according to him is to set Amaechi against the President.

He said “Since my brother and friend, the Minister of Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi started trending with a supposedly leaked audio, where he was heard crucifying his principal, President Muhammadu Buhari, friends and colleagues had sent me different versions, seeking to know if it was his voice. I’m confirming that now. It’s his voice”.

“Oh, they also wanted to know if he actually said those things about the president. Again, he did, clearly not in the context of what has been flying around. What you have been listening to is the doctored version of his encounter with the blackmailers, who had been on his case in over five months, asking for money and threatening to release the tape close to the election period”.

“In one instance, he said there was poverty in the land in Buhari’s three years of leadership and concluded that conversation with the fact that the solution to Nigeria’s problems was to kill everyone. Any intelligent person would have noticed the incoherence in the start-up line and the end note. Something was missing”.

“The missing line was where he said the reason people were complaining was because there was no access to freebies and so, they blamed Buhari for impoverishing them. Therefore, if we were averse to fighting corruption, the solution was in killing everyone. But that part had been taken off”.

“Interestingly, it is one analysis Amaechi does every time and we fight over it because I personally don’t like the sound of it that we are broke only because we no longer have access to cheap money. On that, the blackmailers and their sponsors failed”.

“Two, there is the line he allegedly said the president did not care and could not read. Terrible lot! This was made to appear as if he was denigrating Buhari. Again, they lied and cheaply so”.

“They can’t set Amaechi against the president. He doesn’t just love Buhari, he had envisaged his presidency two years before the election of 2015 and gave his all to see it materialise. He nurses no regrets and he’s determined to fight to see Buhari return even though we always disagree on this”.

“Please, let the opposition try something else; something more creative, instructive, debatable and wowing. This one is dead on arrival”.

A chieftain of the APC in Rivers State, Princewill Dike in a statement made available to newsmen in Port harcourt, described the audio tapes making the rounds as doctored by supporters of PDP.

He said that since the ouster of the Jonathan administration in 2015, beneficiaries of that administration have not forgiven Amaechi, who is seen as the arrowhead of their defeat.

He said: “Amaechi is one of the few ministers who have unrestrained access to the president and his ears. You can see that he has no reason to run down his beloved boss behind the scene. Amaechi is a man of iron cast integrity and thus double standard is not in his gene, a man of rare courage, what he can’t say before you, he won’t say it behind you.

“The enemies have failed woefully with their doctored voice of Amaechi. If you believe that cloned voice, you will as well believe their propaganda that Jubril is a cloned Buhari.”
https://www.independent.ng/amaechi-trying-times-for-buharis-campaign-dg/
[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8450310_dwuzxuoxqaew5wv_jpeg5a1c93d3e87c2d648ae08ee053f62e00
Re: Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by MylezKayn(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2019
Wonderful... Nothing Man kind no go ever see.
Everything is now doctored and edited. God is watching this bunch of liars and cheaters
Re: Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

I pity myself that I am paid N30/post.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by deomelllo: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2019
[s]
OkaNaUbe:
I pity myself that I am paid N30/post.
[/s]

Wetin concern me with wadata ipob miscreants?
Re: Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

Wetin concern me with wadata ipob miscreants?

grin Anyone that isnt a BMC is now tagged an IPOB?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by deomelllo: 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2019
[s]
OkaNaUbe:

Anyone that isnt a BMC is now tagged an IPOB?

[/s]

Not interested in your ipob rubbish...
Re: Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by Racoon(m): 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2019
Two things confirmed & clearly implicated Amaechi in the leaked audio tapes.l:
-1).More than 48hours delay by both Amaechi or even the presidency to immediately debunk the said tape allegations if really it's not true.
The only official reaction was the rebound embarrassing damage control attempted by the Tolu Ogunlesi.
-2).Amaechi/APC have repeatedly & belatedly tried in vain to deflect from the damaging allegations of the said audio tapes.None have even threatened a lawsuit.
A solemn fact is that Amaechi simply re-echoed all known ills of the moribund ruling opposition APC he belongs to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by KwoiZabo(m): 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
Please where is the Audio where he called Lagos a glorified village. I am more interested in that now.
Re: Amaechi: Troubled Times For Buhari's Campaign Director- General by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:39am On Jan 10, 2019
The ONLY TROUBLE now is in the party of thieves and CRIMINALS.
PDP IN Nigeria?
NEVER AGAIN!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Biafra Agitation After Buhari Wins / Pdp Senator Humiliated By Constituents In Cross River State / 2023: Who Will Be Apc's Presidential Candidate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.