Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage (47054 Views)

MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband / Forbes 30 Under 30: Meet Omoha Nduka, 25-Years-Nigerian real Estate Billionaire / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Elijah2000(m): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
omonnakoda:

Who am I to judge ?
Who are you?

Do you have access to their marriage diary?
They are divorcing wish them well and stop pontificating
Divorce is part of marriage law so your idea that people should not get married if they won't stay married is quite crazy.
Then when you know you might not stay married why swear or lie during the marriage rights, till death do us part.

1 Like

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ugosample:

African women don t love their husbands (most of them)

that's the difference.

These African women are in theur marriages for what they can get, and the "status" it gives them in the society

Take these two things away and you will see her true color cheesy

Please Mr Ugo, don't generalise. Just say some.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Xisnin(m): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

Read wide oga
https://www.ft.com/content/aae4ac84-d755-11e3-a47c-00144feabdc0

Your link shows that men don't like rich women, how is that a news?

A book published last week by the journalist Farnoosh Torabi draws together data showing just how hard it is: high- earning women have difficulty finding a husband, and when they do, he is five times as likely to be unfaithful as other husbands. The woman will probably do more than her share of chores; though in the unusual event that he starts ironing and cooking, he is likely to end up feeling so emasculated he goes off sex. Either way, divorce beckons.

You presented a problem and I gave you the solution or don't you like a submissive wife?
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by omonnakoda: 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2019
Elijah2000:

Then when you know you might not stay married why swear or lie during the marriage rights, till death do us part.
You sound like a fanatic that is totally alienated from reality
That is the way of Humans
unless you are autistic or intellectually challenged you should know this.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by djon78(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

If there wasn't any prenuptial agreement signed, it's 50/50 asset sharing according to Washington state law.

Sure if there is no prenuptial its 50 50 in addition she was married to him before he became rich, she will even get share in his future earnings.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Elijah2000(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
omonnakoda:
You sound like a fanatic that is totally alienated from reality
That is the way of Humans
unless you are autistic or intellectually challenged you should know this.
Maybe you are.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Ugosample(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

Please Mr Ugo, don't generalise. Just say some.
Thank you.

I did not generalise

I said many, and you know it's the truth

The concept of love is abstract to a traditional African woman

It's what you can offer

The ones who talk about love are the ones exposed to other cultures and all (like you for instance)

Can you pay my bills ---- yes

Can you get me pregnant!---' yes

can you defend my children and be there for them ---- yes

that's all that matters to them (which if you really look at it, it's not a bad thing at all)

4 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Xisnin(m): 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ugosample:

African women don t love their husbands (most of them)

that's the difference.

These African women are in theur marriages for what they can get, and the "status" it gives them in the society

Take these two things away and you will see her true color cheesy

Love marriages are a recent phenomenon and they are far less successful than traditional marriages.
A sudden change in feelings is often followed by divorce, then you will begin to wonder where the
love has gone.

Do you think African men are in marriage for what they can't get?.
It is obvious that you are not married.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Ugosample(m): 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
Xisnin:

Love marriages are a recent phenomenon and they are far less successful than traditional marriages.
A sudden change in feelings is often followed by divorce, then you will begin to wonder where the
love has gone.

Do you think African men are in marriage for what they can't get?.
It is obvious that you are not married.

we were talking about women here and not men.

Besides, love is not a new concept (at least not in the west) but it's probably new in Africa

Queen EliZabeth married whom she loved and they were still together TILL DATE

Mitt Romney married his high school sweetheart and they are still married TILL DATE

Bush Snr married the love of his life and they were married for more than 72 years.

Bill Gates married his love and they are still together TILL DATE.

Obama married his love and they are still married TILL DATE

My father married his love despite some opposition and they are still married TILL DATE

and the examples are so so many.

It's the wrong definition of love you Zoogerians have that is causing all the heart breaks and divorces I hear now happen in that failed $hithole jungle

Traditional marriages were not more successful, they were just prisons.

you really think those traditional marriages in Nigeria in the past would have survived today? (a good number of them?)

Marriage remains a scam in traditional African setting cheesy
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by omonnakoda: 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2019
djon78:

Sure if there is no prenuptial its 50 50 in addition she was married to him before he became rich, she will even get share in his future earnings.

Not necessarily there is no tablet of stone from Mount Sinai with Moses' signature

every case is different

In a case like this you will observe the subtle manisfestatiions of the so called "AMERICAN WAY"
Much of the wealth is in stock and dividing stock in a divorce in that way is virtually unprecedented. It will create unwanted certainty for so many stakeholders

Most likely she will get a total cash settlement devoid of stock which Jeff would finance probably through divestment or other financing .
I do not foresee her remaining a major shareholder of AMAZON an I do not foresee her getting anything near 50% of his wealth
The idea of 50:50 is based on the concept of CONTRIBUTION to the creation of the wealth and not the fact of the marriage

In practice divorce cases are a gamble an offer is made and parties settle most of the time. If things are so bitter that it falls to the courts to make a settlement these can be unpredictable and so smart lawyers always advice their clients to settle. These settlements are publicized but do not necessarly reflect case law
The priciples f lw in divorce settlement are contrbution to wealth and need. These have to be argued before the court on a case by case basis
No one can claim to NEED $50 billion
If you want to claim half of $130 billion you have to convince a judge that yoou contributed so much . How easy is that?

Michael Joordan is worth nearly $ 2 bilion his diivorce coost him $168 million

I cannot see her getting up to $10 billion

1 Like

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Edere(m): 7:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
Imagine you have this kind of woman as client.

1 Like

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Niccoloimhotep: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2019
Wetin ukwu dey cause ehn

E nor concern me

Buy my vw jetta here in ibadan

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Ayt27(m): 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2019
enigmatic741:
I think most of these female Oyinbos regardless of their husband's wealth, require a certain level of commitment in their relationship, Perhaps Bezos effort in becoming the Richest in the world came at the expense of his time and consequently marriage..

I think so too, I actually think it’s bezos that couldn’t handle the money. Now being on top could change him, he’s probably glad he’ll give her half and still have more than enough for his lifetime and he can always make more after the split. Dude has no worries
But my spider sense tells me it’s Jeff’s fault.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Goalnaldo(m): 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2019
If the Little ones are hungry what are we doing?

One faithful morning after prayers, my kid brother came to me and said "Papa in class yesterday one of my classmate was manipulating our teacher and she was coughing uncontrollably" He looked and me and said "Sir I need to carry God, I need to tell that boy that what he did was wrong, I need to change things in my class, Please teach me to carry FIRE"

I looked at him and tears dropped from my eyes, then held him and we began to pray Kai the Holy Ghost came upon him and I have to leave him there to pray, He prayed for 4 hours non stop. The following day he went to school and burn it down.

If little ones are getting possessed with demons, while can't they get possessed with the Holy Ghost?

Who said our children can’t discern spiritual things very early?
Who said they can’t be lost in an atmosphere of deep worship?
Who said they can’t be taught of the Lord?
Who said they must be like regular children?
Who said they can't accend into the Hollies of Hollies?
Who said they can't hear from God?

Who said they can't burn for God?
Who said they can't cast out demons?
Who said they can't live a holy life from now?

Who said they can't pray for hours?
Who said they can't greet and communicate with tongues?

Who said they can't achieve their goals at tender age? Oh common.

Don't feed them with Ben 10, feed them with Benediction of the Spirit.
Don't feed them with worldly songs, feed them with the word of God, chants and sounds of the Spirit.
Don't teach them how to make up the face with foundations, teach them the fundamentals in order to seek the face of God.
Don't teach them how to slay in the flesh, teach them how to slay in the spirit.

Live a life that will challenge them to seek after God.

As for me any little ones that come across me must carry fire back home.

They must seek God early and find him.
It's better for them to pray in advance than to pray in adversity. [b][/b]
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Friend01(m): 8:10pm On Jan 09, 2019
RealDonaldTrump:
The way we reason here in America......Nigerians will not get to that level in 100 years

You mean in American of Nnewi?
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by obstead200(m): 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2019
TarOrfeek:

Somebody should calculate 137 Billion divided by 3.

Give half of 1/3 back to Jeff Bezos.

Because that's what this greedy feminist LovePeddler will do to this hardworking man.
does not always work that way bro. The law is far more complex.
What the wife will get depends on a lot of factors like who asked for the divorce?, was the agreement mutual?, Is there a prenup or a postnuptial? What are the underlying circumstances for the divorce?, Who gets custody of the kids? And then most importantly, how smart is Jeff Bezos lawyer?.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by saajus: 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2019
I doubt if there was a prenup cos she married him when he's still a salary earner.

Unfortunately, the woman will walk out with about 50% of the asset. White women get more sexual as they grow older. It's always a big issue for their men to keep up. When I say sexual, I'm not saying just sex. It comprises of several things.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Joedoyle(m): 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2019
RealDonaldTrump:
The way we reason here in America......Nigerians will not get to that level in 100 years
there you go, one endless man.... You guys reason like tick lice who just got free to air.... Escalating the areas with pick and drop and you call it legal. Well, so unfortunate that your assumed thick brain is full of wool that is painted white.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Dollabiz: 8:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
nothing.really worth in.life if they.end end up fading.away
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by chiedozie198100: 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
TheTrillionaire:
So all the relationship books on Amazon they cant buy them and read to avoid divorce?

u r a wicked somebody grin grin grin grin
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by omonnakoda: 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2019
TheTrillionaire:
So all the relationship books on Amazon they cant buy them and read to avoid divorce?
Why must divorce be avoided?

Is it a disease?

Divorce is an opportunity

You make it sound like marriage is heaven
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by R0ckefeller: 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2019
omonnakoda:
Richer than Jeff ?

How do you work that out

Any precedents you can cite?
it just an assumption
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by israelmao(m): 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2019
Long-lasting and happy marriage is not always about money but based on mutual understanding and fear of God.

3 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Speedyconnect15: 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2019
Xisnin:

Your link shows that men don't like rich women, how is that a news?

You presented a problem and I gave you the solution or don't you like a submissive wife?

You read pieces like this holistically.
.should i be teaching you this?
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by ogundeleai(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
The Rich also cry
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by kenechi072: 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2019
TarOrfeek:

Somebody should calculate 137 Billion divided by 3.

Give half of 1/3 back to Jeff Bezos.

Because that's what this greedy feminist LovePeddler will do to this hardworking man.

You are a very useless slowpoke for calling his wife of over 25 years a love peddler. MANY OF YOU IDIOTS ON THIS NAIRALAND HAVE N RESPECT OR REGARD FOR ANYONE.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by udemzyudex(m): 12:03am On Jan 10, 2019
djon78:

Trump said after his first divorce with Ivana Trump, ivankas mum, he learnt a lesson. Before he marries, you must sign prenuptial.

Exactly.. Every blessing is not suppose to last forever
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Ugosample(m): 12:20am On Jan 10, 2019
kenechi072:

You are a very useless slowpoke for calling his wife of over 25 years a love peddler. MANY OF YOU IDIOTS ON THIS NAIRALAND HAVE N RESPECT OR REGARD FOR ANYONE.

so many low lives here in this forum

2 Likes

Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by Vtrd: 12:52am On Jan 10, 2019
By the end of divorce, this woman would be among the top 10 richest on earth.
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by BlackPantherCri: 1:36am On Jan 10, 2019
franchasng:
Melinda Gates (the wife of Bill Gates) is a wonderful woman cool

This woman is just after Jeff's wealth, nothing more undecided

Jeff Bezos may crumble to number 2 richest man after this divorce is over, let's watch and see cry

Guys whenever you want to marry, take note of your wife's first name, it matters shocked

Rosemary
Augustina
Mary
Esther
Grace
Celine
Agnes
Susan
Dora
Janet
Aisha
Ezinne
Nneoma
Ihuoma
Aderonke
Funmilayo
Olubunmi
Abiodun
Etc, etc,.......

Are good names of ladies that will make great wives, but watch out for the below names:

Cynthia
Queeneth
Jennifer
Anita
Jacinta
Linda
Lizzy
Brenda
Belinda
Love
Sharon
Jessica
Nike
Funke
Chioma
Monsurat
Barikat
Onome
Sekinat
Etc, etc, be careful of ladies bearing these names when choosing a wife lipsrsealed

You no lie!

Wendy, Caro, Sandra, Becky, Vicky, Comfort... Beware of those names too.

For men, beware of Wale, Tunde, Niyi Lanre, Kunle, Nnamdi, IK, Chuks. They are all heart breakers. Demons in agbada and lion head material

If you want to marry your male soulmate, watch out for Jesufifunmi, Oluwapamilerin, Feranmi, Ife, Odunlade, Okechukwu, Onyedikachi, Odinakachukwu, Chukwumerijie,
Re: Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage by niyiduke01(m): 1:39am On Jan 10, 2019
Learner's hmmmm.Imagine..talking about money...It's the time for the tide to change...ponder on it..not for noodles generation..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Friend's Message Cursing His Friend For A Debt Of 5 Years / How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? / Profitable Businesses You Can Start From Your Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.