Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ (3101 Views)

Naira Swap: PDP Is Supporting A Policy That’s Wrecking Families - Arewa Group / Mr Macaroni Threatened For Not Supporting A Presidential Candidate / APC Northern Governors Insist On Supporting A Southern Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by yns4real: 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has asked Nigerians to be wary of a former president who pretends to be the conscience of the nation.

Soyinka said this in Abuja on Wednesday at a symposium on fake news organised by BBC News.

The playwright, who was a panelist at the event tagged, ‘Nigeria 2019: Countering Fake News’, urged the traditional media not to spread unfounded allegations as the electronic media sometimes do.

The Nobel Laureate said if the former leader had been referring to a certain person for eight years as ‘a devil’ and is now telling Nigerians to vote for the devil, then there is a reason for Nigerians to express some doubt.

Soyinka said, “We have got to develop a very healthy skepticism. If someone in a position of power for eight years has lectured a nation for eight years and after that, continued year after year to continue to direct the minds of a whole nation in one direction, only saying, ‘This is Lucifer from hell’ for eight years in office and several more years out of office saying, ‘This is Lucifer’ and then one day he changed and says: ‘Behold your redeemer;’ which of the two is fake news?”

He did not mention the former president he was referring to, nor the alleged Lucifer.

https://punchng.com/soyinka-attacks-former-president-for-supporting-a-devil/

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by African101(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2019
Truly, Obasanjo is one of Nigeria's problem, i will never support anything that has to do with the man call "EBORA".
Though, Buhari has failed, he has betrayed my trust in him but how would i explain myself supporting an evil man like Obasanjo anointed candidate who according to history is one of those who made Nigeria what it is today. How i wish someone like Fela Durotoye emerge as president but i will rather remain neutral as the present political settings of this country by evils like Obasanjo, Atiku, Buhari etc will never allow young and vibrant person to emerge as president.

RIP in advance to those who will die for politicians in the upcoming election.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by dunkem21(m): 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
I stopped taking this man serious when he called the wife of a sitting president SHEPOPOTAMUS angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by modath(f): 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2019

He did not mention the former president he was referring to, nor the alleged Lucifer.

Prof doesn't need to, we will on his behalf...

OBJ loves his pocket & Bank accounts more than he hates Atiku & even Buhari...

Buhari issa problem to ill gotten oil blocks, major road block for national assets cornered for safekeeping through multiple layers of fronts, his very existence is not conducive to corrupt enrichment.... He is a big problem to the establishment whose sole purpose is to perpetuate themselves in obscene wealth & privilege through state apparatus using their leverage and access to the people in the corridors of power...

Buhari 2019 will treat many bleep ups and this is scaring the establishment out of their wits ends... Hence the running from pillar to post of OBJ.

Nigeria will experience total liberation... No plan B

4+4= 2023 #NextLevelGreatness

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by SheikhMuniru(m): 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2019
I HATE THIS FOOLISH MAN CALL SOYINKA

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by wakaman: 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
Two mouth,two speak ,two face obj.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by ashacot: 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
AS IT IS YOU SAID IT PROF.
OBASANJO IS THE DEVIL AND ATIKU IS HIS DISCIPLE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by Stalwert: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
grin grin so Atiku is a devil

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by nonsobaba: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
Atiku a thief and a devil.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by Printerscanner: 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2019
dunkem21:
I stopped taking this man serious when he called the wife of a sitting president SHEPOPOTAMUS angry

Isn't she? Yes, she is.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by Maxymilliano(m): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2019
Soyinka, like Akiolu is Tinubu's boy. Money can do anything.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 09, 2019
Hahha. See finishing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by seunmsg(m): 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2019
dunkem21:

Wole Soyinka is a world renowned Nobel laureate, he doesn’t need you to take him serious.

@OP, Obasanjo is just a shameless person, if not, he won’t be seen publicly licking his own vomit. He demonized Atiku and even told us that God won’t forgive him if he ever supports him for president. Today, he’s telling us Atiku is the messiah and some people think something is not wrong with that old man.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by buharitill2023: 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2019
African101:
Truly, Obasanjo is one of Nigeria's problem, i will never support anything that has to do with the man call "EBORA".
Though, Buhari has failed, he has betrayed my trust in him but how would i explain myself supporting an evil man like Obasanjo anointed candidate who according to history is one of those who made Nigeria what it is today. How i wish someone like Fela Durotoye emerge as president but i will rather remain neutral as the present political settings of this country by evils like Obasanjo, Atiku, Buhari etc will never allow young and vibrant person to emerge as president.

RIP in advance to those who will die for politicians in the upcoming election.
how has buhari failed with little resource compared to 16yrs enormous resource without a single PROJECT.
don't be deceive by the jobless aggressive lazy terrorist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by Pusyiter(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
The laureate has spoken the truth
When one who should not have the face to talk in the numbing impudence of his antecedents turns around feeling he is the Mr. Know it- to fix it, such leaves a sour taste on the palate

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by SalamRushdie: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2019
this shameless liars of a cultist has started again !!! Last time he attacked Donald Trump who doesn't even know he exists and the lied that he tore his green card only for the useless liar to sneak into America to secure the terms of his green card !!! today America's economy is at an all time high and Black unemployment at it's all time lowest has this hypocrite made a statement to congratulate Donald Trump on such wonderful leadership ? NO!!! yet he is here is typical hypocrite manner trying to suggest we vote in the failure called Buhari for another term ....

The Last time I checked 114 other people had won the Nobel prize for literature so this man should just shut up

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by PassingShot(m): 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
Only children of hate, anger and frustration will disagree with Prof here.

OBJ is a devil and Atiku is Luciffer. End of story.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by livelymatilda22: 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
SalamRushdie:
this shameless liars of a cultist has started again !!! Last time he attacked Donald Trump who doesn't even know he exists and the lied that he tore his green card only for the useless liar to sneak into America to secure the terms of his green card !!! today America's economy is at an all time high and Black unemployment at it's all time lowest has this hypocrite made a statement to congratulate Donald Trump on such wonderful leadership ? NO!!! yet he is here is typical hypocrite manner trying to suggest we vote in the failure called Buhari for another term ....

The Last time I checked 114 other people had won the Nobel prize for literature so this man should just shut up
He doesn't know of your existence either.

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by SalamRushdie: 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
livelymatilda22:

small girl shut up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by ZombieTAMER: 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
Stalwert:
grin grin so Atiku is a devil
nonsobaba:
Atiku a thief and a devil.

Since the brain has been taken...

Let me tell you that the devil here is Buhari

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by Afamed: 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2019
No to Fugitive

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by Racoon(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2019
And this foolish prof.have developed retrograde amnesia that he forgot he was also part of OBJ that helped to foist the present catastrophe Nigeria have today on this nation. embarassed Hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by DMerciful(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2019
Soyinka should not support Bubu and by extension support the distress of Nigerians because of his issue with Obj
Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by SaiAtikuTill203: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
modath:

Prof doesn't need to, we will on his behalf...

OBJ loves his pocket & Bank accounts more than he hates Atiku & even Buhari...

Buhari issa problem to ill gotten oil blocks, major road block for national assets cornered for safekeeping through multiple layers of fronts, his very existence is not conducive to corrupt enrichment.... He is a big problem to the establishment whose sole purpose is to perpetuate themselves in obscene wealth & privilege through state apparatus using their leverage and access to the people in the corridors of power...

Buhari 2019 will treat many bleep ups and this is scaring the establishment out of their wits ends... Hence the running from pillar to post of OBJ.

Nigeria will experience total liberation... No plan B

4+4= 2023 #NextLevelGreatness
LIFELESS transgendered..

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by Racoon(m): 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2019
[s]
PassingShot:
Only children of hate, anger and frustration will disagree with Prof here.OBJ is a devil and Atiku is Luciffer. End of story.
[/s]Meanwhile;

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by SaiAtikuTill203: 6:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
[quote R541221144Zqs ET=Afamed post=74604216]No to Fugitiv NO TO YOUR POVERTY STRICKEN FAMILY

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by SaiAtikuTill203: 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Mr integrithief buharilooter is a scammer

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by African101(m): 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
I suppose to enlight you about how he has failed but it's of no importance to me as i have accepted my faith for being a Nigerian long ago and there is no way one can try to convince people who benefits from this evils directly or indirectly.

buharitill2023:
how has buhari failed with little resource compared to 16yrs enormous resource without a single PROJECT.
don't be deceive by the jobless aggressive lazy terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by Great2017: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2019
Prof Wole is entitled to his opinion. This is the exclusive right of all Nigerians including Atiku, and OBJ as well. One thing is sure - He cannot be right always. It is now left for every rational Nigerians to critically weigh what we want against what the professor wants. If it is borne out of his unsettled rift with OBJ, then, his opinion is only to satisfy his ego.
Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by Wadewaltz(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pipo who know about d battle betwn Ife and Modakeke know dat dis man is not all dat saintly and for dos defendin his creation CULTISM wit d point D PIRATES WERE NOT VIOLENT,shut up!,dey were,dey harrassed pipo who didnt dress d way dey deemed proper,dere was a time dey even removed a students tooth wit pliers.Inconclusion,mad,partisan professor take......

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by livelymatilda22: 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2019
SalamRushdie:

small girl shut up
Old clown, all you know is cheap insults. You need to have your head checked asap

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Attacks A Former President For Supporting ‘a Devil’ by SalamRushdie: 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Old clown, all you know is cheap insults. You need to have your head checked asap

I might not be even older than you sef , but you remain a small girl who is paid 30k a month to talk gibberish online shame ...small girl

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu with prostitutes not Photoshop / Another Nursery School Building On The Verge Of Collapsing At Lagos Island (Pix) / Ogun Seeks Private Investors On Health, Transport, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.