Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos (60777 Views)

Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) / Kerosene Explosion Kills Four Family Members In Calabar / Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
Baba God pls dont stop protecting me cos im also guilty of this

4 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by pawesome(m): 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
Davidddon:

Nigga pls shut up and learn.... Don't go around showing your ignorance..... This is proof

Using cell phone while gas is burning may not ignite fire but the static electricity can. ... Once these vapors are ignited, it can cause this ignition to travel where the gas is present in large amount. And, the very next minute it can cause a big boom around the region.....

Read your physics well.... In fact go and start SS 1
it can happen only and only if there is a leakage...SS1 physics tells you that too... So if your cylinder is in good condition, nothing will happen

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by xynerise: 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
I still dont understand this gas and phone relationship o
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oyindidi:
I summoned courage buy gas but I never fit use am.
Village Girl

4 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
And the Fone is to blame now? Really?
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oyindidi:

Na firewood you dey use?

5 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Bluffly: 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
pawesome:
is your brain and your gullibility that will kill you... What has phone got to do with gas? Naked flame from matches cannot cause gas explosion if you come to switch it on but phone does... How? Use your brain na
So what causes explosion when you receive a phone call at the gas station. Do you know that the gas in petroleum is what causes the explosion and not the liquid itself hence why an empty keg of petrol can still ignite fire.
Naked fire isn't same as radiating emission. Do you know that if you've opened your gas to much before igniting your matches, explosion can occur

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Lildoks(m): 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
Dumbest shit have heard in the whole of 2019?
How can a gas already in use(with fire) explode becuase of phone?
Which forensic expert confirmed that the phone caused the fire?

8 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by pawesome(m): 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
Subonbon:
try using it and let's see if you will become famous
if there is a leakage, then there will be an explosion

2 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by pawesome(m): 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
Bluffly:

So what causes explosion when you receive a phone call at the gas station. Do you know that the gas in petroleum is what causes the explosion and not the liquid itself hence why an empty keg of petrol can still ignite fire.
Naked fire isn't same as radiating emission. Do you know that if you've opened your gas to much before igniting your matches, explosion can occur
a petrol has alot of vapour coming out of it that's why you can siphon fuel using a pipe but you can't with kerosene... Almost the same thing with gas because it has stronger forces holding it hence it's been forced into a cylinder to stay put because it can move haphazardly if exposed to thin air hence causing explosion... A gas cannot and will not explode if it's within its confined space but a little leakage can make it go kaboom... Using your phone near a leaking gas or a petrol station especially when it's been dispensed can cause an explosion if there is static electricity between your hand and your phone

6 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by JuanDeDios: 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Bluffly:

My guy you are tackling urself. Take caution to avoid mishapps and yet you want to justify its use while cooking with gas when there could be unnoticed leak. Prevention is better than cure.
Mind you the radiation from the phone is like a match stick waiting to be ignited
But we strike a match to light the burner, right? This thing about phones causing a kitchen explosion makes no sense at all.

6 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by sacramento1212: 8:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ayoswit:
I think it's due to gas linkage like someone above stated cos I use my phone while cooking all the time and there hasn't been any explosion. Rip to the beautiful lady.

Okay, continue using phone while cooking until the explosion happens.

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Oyindidi(f): 8:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
Decypher:
Village Girl
I gree
UyaiIncomparabl:

Na firewood you dey use?
Electric burner and stove. I have phobia

3 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by sacramento1212: 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
xynerise:

Apart from even Gas cooker, using phone when operating mircowave is another disaster waiting to happen
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by JuanDeDios: 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
xynerise:
I don't get it too. And it's a Nigerian thing. Apparently, oyinbos keep phones out of their kitchen!

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by hajyy(m): 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oyindidi:

lol, gassophobia
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Oyindidi(f): 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
hajyy:

lol, gassophobia
No be small thing
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by JuanDeDios: 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
sacramento1212:

Apart from even Gas cooker, using phone when operating mircowave is another disaster waiting to happen
Care to elaborate?

2 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Bluffly: 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
pawesome:
and why does a match stick not cause explosion but phone does
Furthermore, the issue with phone is because it may create static electricity which when mixed with gasoline vapour will spark fire. There is also an extent at which gasoline vapour can fill the air and also cause fire from a match stick
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Davidddon(m): 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2019
Lildoks:
Damn! You are intelligently stupid. First phones can't cause static electricity, and Radio waves don't have enough power to ignite a fire. The gas was alrwsdy lit with FIRE for cooking, as long as the gas cylinder is leaking it will explode phone or no phone. Engage ur brain sometimes
Dude where do you see u said phone causes static electricity��....
Anyway it's like 2 to tango Mr.... Of cuz a leaking gas can cause explosion.... Am tryna help you here saying phone causes explosion as well. ..

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Ndamati17: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2019
Jeeesu

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by ifartonyou: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2019
ipobarecriminals:
embarassed sad Anifatu now Annyfat? So pretty and spotless. It is well
Spotless?
Abi she too dey chop knuckles?
Yeap, check the knuckles once more time.
Seems your eye dey pain you?
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by pawesome(m): 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
Bluffly:

Furthermore, the issue with phone is because it may create static electricity which when mixed with gasoline vapour will spark fire. There is also an extent at which gasoline vapour can fill the air and also cause fire from a match stick
you said vapour.. That means it must be exposed to it... That's means if a gas has no leakage, it cannot explode.. A phone can cause an explosion only and only if there is a leakage
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
Some Nigerians are just dumb with their comments here....

Finally Brethren pls for God's sake don't use your phone near a cooking gas period

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by theapeman4: 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2019
sod09:
is that all what your brain can produce...too bad nigga
nigga get a degree...!

what he Said is proven and is a proven fact
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by phinnex(f): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2019
Rip...so pathetic
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by ipobarecriminals: 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2019
ifartonyou:
Spotless? Abi she too dey chop knuckles? Yeap, check the knuckles once more time. Seems my fada head nor pain him?
undecided.Weldone kid
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Bluffly: 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
pawesome:
you said vapour.. That means it must be exposed to it... That's means if a gas has no leakage, it cannot explode.. A phone can cause an explosion only and only if there is a leakage
So you think it is only cylinder that leaks, valves leaks, hose leaks, even the burner leaks, so why risk your life when you can implore preventive measures. The fact still remains that static electricity occurrence can ignite fire where gasoline vapour is in the air. So this makes a phone a culprit.

Also learn that where vapour is in the air, your must not put on your bulb

2 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by ipobarecriminals: 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
ifartonyou:

Spotless?
Abi she too dey chop knuckles?
Yeap, check the knuckles once more time.
Seems my fada head dey pain him?
undecided.Weldone kid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Banger 'Knockout' Shatters A Young Man's Hand Last Night (Graphic Pics) / I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help / COVID-19: Lagos Airport and Bus-Stops Get Disinfected (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.