Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,877 members, 7,810,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) (15791 Views)

Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) / Kerosene Explosion Kills Four Family Members In Calabar / Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by benjackugo: 8:32am On Jan 06, 2022
A kerosene explosion has killed a toddler identified as Kamsiyochukwu in Awka, the Anambra State capital, IgbereTV reports.

The incident occurred on Monday, January 3, 2022, when kerosene exploded from the local lantern her grandmother was using.

According to a family member, Obu Gad, the little girl, who turned one last November, succumbed to the injuries she sustained in the fire.

He wrote;

"Sometimes life confuses humans

Just came back home only to discover kamsiyochukwu has been taken by death
Asked what happened?
She was engaged with a domestic accident where she was burnt by a kerosene that exploded from the lantern

This little girl went through pain throughout yesterday the incident occurred because she didn't die immediately she was burnt(imagine the kind of pain she must have been into)

Her whole body was burnt,even the grandma that was near her barely escaped though her face was burnt but she survived it.

She was all wrapped in a p.o.p,not until this morning,the Glory departed.

Kamsiyochukwu died this morning after she couldn't bear the pain any longer
We lost her to the cold arms of death

Called the mother this morning,she was in tears and couldn't talk even while she picked the calls. We had to find our way to their place

Kamsiyochukwu knows i love her but she couldn't let me set my eyes on her before leaving this mother earth

My condolence to her parents especially her mother whom I tagged

Rest in peace my love"
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=132357565911491&id=100074117443478

Meanwhile, mother of the child, Chidera Nwaobu, has confirmed the incident in a Facebook post on Wednesday.

"What a painful death to me. Kamsi why did u leave me. In this 2022 why me. I love youooo my love. Rest in the bossom of the lord Amen. Mummy and daddy loves you." she wrote.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=915508322671076&id=100026357491697

https://igberetvnews.com/1411587/kerosene-explosion-kills-one-year-old-girl-anambra-photos/

1 Share

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by benjackugo: 8:35am On Jan 06, 2022
More

2 Likes

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 8:38am On Jan 06, 2022
Sad one, rip kid. It must be those illegal bunkering type

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Deborah98(f): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2022
What an excruciating way to go... Chai rip baby.

9 Likes

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by helinues: 8:50am On Jan 06, 2022
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Maxymilliano(m): 8:55am On Jan 06, 2022
The incident occurred on Monday, January 3, 2022, when kerosene exploded from the local lantern her grandmother was using.

What a way to start the new year on a sad note cry

4 Likes

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by holluwizzy: 8:56am On Jan 06, 2022
Hmmmmm, it is well.

What where the parents doing before the little girl toyed with such substance.

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by samista: 8:59am On Jan 06, 2022
Rest in peace little one.

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Optimistguy1969: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2022
Oh no cry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2022
Blame goes to the Nigerian government , innovators and capitalists for not finding a way to solve Nigeria's electricity problem. If they did, there would be no need for a kerosene lantern.

Blame goes to the oil bunkerers and operators of illegal refineries who have placed money over human life.

Blame goes to the grandmother of the child, who choose to remain conservative when most Nigerian homes have transitioned to the use of electric lamps or battery powered lamps which are cheaper.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased baby in their period of grief.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by SalnewBest: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2022

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by ExclusiveBrand: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
Sad
Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Mrsoft3(m): 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
Plantiff:
Blame goes to the Nigerian government , innovators and capitalists for not finding a way to solve Nigeria's electricity problem. If they did, there would be no need for a kerosene lantern.

Blame goes to the oil bunkerers and operators of illegal refineries who have placed money over human life.

Blame goes to the grandmother of the child, who choose to remain conservative when most Nigerian homes have transitioned to the use of electric lamps or battery powered lamps which are cheaper.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased baby in their period of grief.

Lost my mum to kerosene explosion in 2001,November 2nd....the government don't care at all. Many died that year, it was a bad sight in that general hospital Ikeja that year

6 Likes

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by money121(m): 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2022
Plantiff:

Well we would have power 24/7 if we paid cost reflective tariff for power

Instead of the one where we pay less than what it costs to produce power, or refuse to pay for power entirely.

We have a working GSM sector because we pay the price the GSM companies set. Power, we don't have because we pay less than it costs to produce it, plus people who chase away disco workers who come for debt collection are national heroes.

And yes, the argument stays even if everyone is metered. Metering everyone is good...but so long as government sets the price of power instead of discos, they won't make enough money to pay GENCOS, TCN, and the gas companies.

source of image below here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Whoknowsme: 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2022
Rest in peace lil one
Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Sultty(m): 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
rest in peace little angel

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by frankoben(m): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
Devastating....such a cute little girl and so full of life. If only I was the one there at the time and not this bundle of joy.....rest in peace Angel

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by mimee9(f): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
Rest in peace little angel cry
Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by STEWpid(f): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2022
Chai

Aru neme obodo anyi.

Rest well.

Who catapulted the explosion??

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by tutudesz: 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
embarassed
Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by princeemmma(m): 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
RIP, innocent girl suffering from failed country, ordinary kerosene, may God save us all

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
OK
Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by gulfer: 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
I hope those people selling adulterated kerosene can sit and eat this night......I just know there will be levels of punishment in the hereafter because some people are worse than the devil and can look for money in any way.......adulterated drinks, drugs and now kerosene, human body (rituals) angry angry angry angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by nanauju(f): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2022
Get your kids educational android tablets for 20k, 25k, 26k, 45k. 7inches and 10inches, Different specifications.

All products come with pouches

Call or Whatsapp on +234 706180 9819

Location is lagos, delivery is nationwide

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Optimistguy1969: 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2022
Nigeria failed her cry

2 Likes

Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by dammyco(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
RIP little girl
Re: Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) by Golan007: 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
[s]
Plantiff:

[/s]

Blame goes to those who adulterated the kerosene.

All energy sources have their own risk.

Handling them the wrong way only exposes one to their dangers.

When people adulterate a product, it functions in a way different from what is expected, leading to attendant consequences.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Bigger Butt. / Does Hepatitis C Has Cure? / Where In Lagos Can I Do Echo, Ct Scan And Ecg Tests At Cheap Prices?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.