Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,494 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? (3336 Views)

Between Saraki And Tinubu: Who Laughs Last?- Daily Trust / Saraki Or Tinubu? Who Rocks It Better? / Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by papi22(m): 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2007
i am not a poltician.
i was in lagos few days to election watching live broadcast of a governorship candidate on NTA. i saw Obasanjo campaign for Musiliu Obanikoro.
And onasanjo was asking the crowd in Kosofe in yoruba that " EYAN SE ODUN MEJO KOSE NKAN KAN, O TUN MU ELOMI WA JE GOMINA" Means somebody has just spent eight years doing nothing and he now bring someone to be governor.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by TayoD(m): 2:39pm On Apr 18, 2007
@papi22,

Hardly did Obasanjo realise that he was talking about himself!!!!
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by doshbass(m): 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2007
Tinubu by far achieved more for even nigerians than obasanjo not to talk of Lagos state
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by Austincrow(m): 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2007
Tinubu is an achieve while OBJ is super failure and a disgrace to Nigeria democracy and Nigerian as a whole
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by saintchux(m): 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2007
Tinubu Straight!!!
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by omon(m): 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2007
How many people are really thinking here before posting?? I dare say OBJ's Govt is the best we have had in a long time.

No Govt is perfect, otherwise, Tony Blair will not be stepping down this year. Despite his failings, OBJ still stands tall amongst others.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by DeepSoul(f): 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2007
On what basis is Obj's govt the best? Increased lack of electricity? Disregard for the rule of law? Increased poverty? Lower standards of education? Increase in the price of petroleum products? Increase in food items? Kidnap of foreigners? Increased unsolved and unsolvable assassinations? On what basis?

AT ORIGINAL QUESTION: Neither Tinubu or Obj are achievers. (My opinion!)

But, if there has to be an answer, Id rather say Tinubu is less of a non-achiever than Obj is.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by hooplarr(m): 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2007
Ah, my fellow nairalanders, such naivety on the part of some of you.

E fe fi Iku we orun ni? Do you equate sleep with death? Impossible.

Where was Tinubu when Obasanjo was holding it down during the civil war?

My people, in brevity Obasanjo and Tinubu are both achievers but merely on really different levels. There's a wide gulf between these two, make no mistake about that.

And I must add here that I will really appreciate it if some of my colleagues desist from passing insults on the leader of the most populous nation in Africa. It is equally in the bible that we don't denegrate our leaders cause if God didn't want him there, he (Obasanjo) wont get there.

Let's think,
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by whiteroses(f): 11:46pm On Apr 22, 2007
they are both loosers. lol only kidding obj is an achiever because he ruled a nation even though he's a bum because he's leaving and ain't nothing changed nigeria still remains the same from when he came apart from social stuff which is not his thing
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by DisGuy: 12:09am On Apr 23, 2007
Obasanjo

For bringing in people who actually made EFFECTIVE change like, Soludo, Dora A, Ngozi Okonji-Iwela & Nnedi usman, Nuhu ribadu, the communication minister, Ezekwesili* cheesy
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by gbadex1(m): 12:29am On Apr 23, 2007
Tinubu's an underachiever. Dude has failed Lagos State like shit. It would do you cats good to ask the opinion of any civil servant concerning, y'all would then get what i mean.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by nigeria1: 1:02am On Apr 23, 2007
President Obasanjo is the achiever, President Obasanjo is the best president Nigeria have had so far,  you can not compare obasanjo and tinubu, if you want to compare tinubu and orji or Goje, thn you dey talk but President Obasanjo forget it,   You measure a govt by facilities put in place. God ordain President Obasanjo to rule Nigeria, when a man comes from prison to palace,  It is the hand of God,

1 Look, if not for President obasanjo na darkness you go there,  All power station in Nigeria , think except for 2 was built by obasanjo,  let add the news ones,  making a total of 17 station own by the federal,  If a man built 15 of 17,  Is he not great,  what did the other president did for 38 years,  them they sell fufu or fora for 38 years,
Look President obasanjo have is fault,  But give him some credit, 

You see like everybody I would love to hate President obasanjo but we have to compare him with other leaders to judge him,   People around him are sometime not good,

2,      8 years ago Nigeria had less than 500,000 telephone,  but 8 years after we have 34 million telephone,  what other achievement do you people need,

3  Building of the stadium in abuja in less than 18 month,  Lagos state govt have been building the teslim balogun stadium for 15 years,, Una we dey lagos tell the whole world if them dom build it finish,  NO,

4 payment of nation debt of 33 billion dollar inheritant from other Nigeria govt,

5. In 1979 President Obasanjo built 27 ship for the nigeria shipping line,  in 1999 when he was back to power , Nigeria shipping line had 0 ships, 

6 In the last 8 years Nigeria Television station have gone from less than 70 to nearly 140 television station across Nigeria,

7. Universities,  In the last 8 years Nigeria have had more than new 25 universities

8 In 1999 Nigeria was in between a internal civil war ,  how we made it this far , my brother I wonder, 

9 He was part of the civil war, 

10 airport:  it was a no go in 1999,  please go there today,  but airlines are still problem sha,   

11,  in 1999 most nigerian queue at patrol station but for 90% of 8 years ,  most station worked , 

12 ,  Signing of new rail track  contract,

13 Obasanjo went to jail ,

14   a balance economy, saving of 42 billion dollars in external reserve,  the reason others want to be president in 2007 to steal the money,

President Obasanjo failures

1.  health care,   

2  and agriculture,  funny enough, he is a farmer.

3,   IS BIGGEST Mistake, appointing Alhaji MAKAMA to head census,  the census was a fraud,

President Obasanjo heart is for nigeria, most of us wonder why,  President Obasanjo is the father of modern Nigeria,   But after him,, I do not see anyone who can hold Nigeria,  It would be problem and problem,  President Obasanjo is a man stubborn man and that stubborn help him to contrl nigeria ,  Tinubu performed below what was expect of him,  Tinubu lived abroad and to him more is given more is desire,  we all except tinubu to perform miracle,  everybody predicted that tinubu would be the next Awo, but his performance was no where even  near a military ruler called mudashiru,  In lagos the other of performance is jakande ( 4 years in govt), followed by mudashiru( 2 years in govt),  and not tinubu( 8 years in govt), ,

The second leader in nigeria would be Gowon,
You see the only measure of leadership is what you leave behind,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by DisGuy: 1:28am On Apr 23, 2007
and agriculture, funny enough, he is a farmer.

Just watch him after may 29, this guy will take advantage of every govt policy on agriculture and become the biggest farmer in africa! the guy has laid down plans for retirement wink
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by smile4kenn(m): 10:42am On Apr 23, 2007
Dis Guy:

Just watch him after may 29, this guy will take advantage of every govt policy on agriculture and become the biggest farmer in africa! the guy has laid down plans for retirement wink

You are right
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by nigeria1: 2:41am On Apr 24, 2007
that i do not know,
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by dayokanu(m): 7:53am On Apr 24, 2007
Nigeria1,
Are you in Nigeria? What is the use of power plants When we live in perpetual darkness,
when insecurity is the order of the day e.g Bola-Ige, Dikibo, Harry Marshalls,
Infrastructures are the worst roads are terrible, and the last election was an insult to everybody the worst in the history of the nation,
Niger-Delta has never been this bad. With all these OBJ is the biggest flop/failure of all times despite that his regime made the most revenue.
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by dayokanu(m): 7:58am On Apr 24, 2007
This quote is from the EU observer
The European Union Election Observation Mission in Nigeria also in its interim report released in Abuja said the “the 2007 state and federal elections were far short of basic international and regional standards for democratic elections” as they were marred by wanton irregularities and voter disenfranchisement which made the process lack credibility

Enthroning and empowering the likes Uba, Adedibu Alao-Akala, promoting executive gangsterism, flouting court orders at will, hopelessness in the nation go to any embassy in Lagos even Armenia, Gabon and Azerbaijan this are also some of the merits of OBJ govt
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by pauloni(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2012
Obasanjo is a graet Achiever and Tinubu is also an Achiever too But at is owen level too OBJ is a president and Tinubu is just a governor. Baba Obj 4 life
Re: Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever? by tomakint: 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
Obj is a superstar by Nigerian standard, why? We celebrate mediocrity undecided

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Build Center For Raped Victims / Fani-kayode’s Intellectual Fraud Against Ndigbo / What Buhari Never Said.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.