Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

What's Wrong With Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With Me (814 Views)

What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? / What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service / I Don't Feel Like Going To Church: What's Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With Me by Jasiel(f): 9:19am On Aug 11, 2010
do i have a problem?, can someone tell me why i find it hard to get Back to God even after he has done so much for me? why cant i be consis tent with studying my bible? im missing out on so much, what does God think about me
Re: What's Wrong With Me by seyibrown(f): 1:25pm On Aug 11, 2010
Jasiel:

do i have a problem?, can someone tell me why i find it hard to get Back to God even after he has done so much for me? why cant i be consis tent with studying my bible? im missing out on so much, what does God think about me

I can't explain why you find it hard getting back to God as I don't know much about you. What I know is that there are many people in your shoes and there are many christians who are standing firm today that have experienced what you are experiencing now.

I'll suggest that you set time aside everyday to pray and read the bible! Let say 9pm or 4am for 15 or 30 mins evryday! You can increase this as you grow. Once you choose a time and duration that suits you, try to stick to the plan; ask God to help you to hunger and thirst for his word and his righteousness; and ask the holy spirit to give you utterance in prayer to the father, alongside anything else you want to ask God.

Also meditate and act on Hebrews 12 v 1 : 'Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us'.

Stay close to people who will help and encourage you to grow stronger in Christ. It is important that you don't keep going back to starting point.
Re: What's Wrong With Me by Joagbaje(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2010
You need a church and a pastor. That is why churches have structures, these are in place to help people like you, some one is visiting you or calling you up. But above all things being filled with the holyghost is the greatest solution.
Re: What's Wrong With Me by thehomer: 7:49am On Aug 12, 2010
Jasiel:

There's nothing wrong with you. You're probably starting to outgrow the concept of the biblical God.
Re: What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 12, 2010
Jasiel:

My sis, the worst thing that can happen to man is to deny the existence of his creator and continue to live in self delusion in his heart that no God exist.

Since u ve identified your challenge your self, pray and turn back to reading your bible and to God. Its like someone who has an exam and knows that if he/she doesnt read, it would be difficult to pass. solution is to read to pass. Go back to studying your bible and praising your God

Jasiel:

can someone tell me why i find it hard to get Back to God even after he has done so much for me?

It would be difficult for someone who haven't tasted the goodness of God or someone who have tasted it, yet continues to live in denials to advice u on this.

Just like david said in Psalm 34 vs
8 O taste and see that the LORD [is] good: blessed [is] the man [that] trusteth in him.
9 O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for [there is] no want to them that fear him.
10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good [thing].

I will tell u what might happen upon your return to God. Lets see

The Parable of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32
Examine vs 25 “Now his older son was in the field, and as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing.
2[b]6 And he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant.
27 And he said to him, ‘Your brother has come, and your father has killed the fattened calf, because he has received him back safe and sound.’
28 But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and entreated him,
29 but he answered his father, ‘Look, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command, yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might celebrate with my friends.
30 But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your property with love-peddlers, you killed the fattened calf for him!’
31 And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours.
32 It was fitting to celebrate and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.’”[/b]

your case might be similar
Same Luke 15 vs
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

9 And when she hath found [it], she calleth [her] friends and [her] neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

God will be displeased with u if u failed to turn back to him.

I rest my case
Re: What's Wrong With Me by tpia5: 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2011
many times people read the bible and fail to realize a lot of the things we consider "stories" there are in fact frighteningly true for others.

this parable of the prodigal son/daughter is one of them, lord have mercy.

just went through an old thread on nl that sent shivers through me. undecided
Re: What's Wrong With Me by Jenwitemi(m): 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2011
Nothing is wrong with you. You're merely in the process of outgrowing the god of the bible pages. Don't fight it.
Jasiel:

Re: What's Wrong With Me by mabell: 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2011
@poster,
You need diligence
If you can 't do it yourself, then get help, meet the right people, go to the right sources
Ask God to lead you but remember you can't achieve much being a lone man or woman
Iron sharpeneth iron
Re: What's Wrong With Me by nlMediator: 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

You need a church and a pastor. That is why churches have structures, these are in place to help people like you, some one is visiting you or calling you up. But above all things being filled with the holyghost is the greatest solution.

Going to church is not enough. I had a similar experience even when I was regularly attending sunday and midweek services. I got out of it when I followed a sister-friend’s recommendation to listen to praise and worship songs. I got me a walkman (not sure if there was discman then and certainly no ipod or iphone). Started playing these songs even outside the house and I started feeling the freshness of His presence again. I recommend the same for the poster. Note, I’m not discouraging going to church, but noting that even attendance may not be the panacea, so poster doesn’t get discouraged if even after going to church nothing changes fast.
Re: What's Wrong With Me by Joagbaje(m): 8:54pm On Jul 11, 2011
I recommended church becausevof monitoring. For example, most churches have cell system or house fellowship . And through these structures someones growth can be monitored . If he gets discouraged again and missing a service, someone will come looking for him. He is not alone.

Ecclesiastes 4:10
. . . woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
Re: What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2011
@OP Rest assured that anything worth doing, especially when it comes to the Kingdom, is always resisted by the enemy and his agents.
You find that there is ZERO resistance when you say I want to go and watch TV, even when there is nothing showing on TV. But if you tell yourself, I'm going to go read the bible or pray, you can almost feel a switch flip and the resistance to go do this becomes almost overwhelming.

This is basically one of the many spells the enemy cast daily on believers, so they do not feed their Spirit, and so they be weakened.
The workers of evil never sleep. They constantly release forces into the air to hinder believers' work with God, so that as soon as they say in their mind "let me commune with God", those forces automatically start latching chains into you and start pulling you back. Some of these chains include an unexplainably severe lack of interest, sleepiness, feeling that what you want to do will make no significant difference in the scope of things, feeling of "I'm too sinful/stressed right now to come to God" (making you forget His words "Come as you are all you that are labored and heavy laden and I will give you rest."wink, the list goes on. The enemy is a master of many weapons.

You have to see it for what it is as this helps you fight it. By succumbing to that unfounded resistance to commune with God, you should know that you are succumbing to a spell cast on you by the devil and his agents. This should infuriate you to be honest. (seriously, WHO DEM BE! angry)

But in all these things we are MORE than conquerors. Why? Because all we have to do is SPEAK, and all the hindering enemies get legendary [/b]b*tch slaps from heaven that send them running and shatters all their once-thought-cool gadgets. All you have to say when you feel that way is this (as seriously as possible, no sme sme at all): "Satan get your [b]FILTHY [/b]claws [b]OFF [/b]my mind!!! I call forth [b]HEAVY [/b]thunder from Heaven to fall your head and I [b]CAST [/b]you out [b]in Jesus name!!!"

Having said this, you will most definitely feel an ease. In fact you may just even be led to burst forth into further prayer from then onwards. After which, after you have "cleared the air" and have fired up, you can then read the bible. This works also when experiencing strong temptation.

The weapons of our warfare are not carnal.
Re: What's Wrong With Me by nlMediator: 10:00pm On Jul 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

I recommended church becausevof monitoring. For example, most churches have cell system or house fellowship . And through these structures someones growth can be monitored . If he gets discouraged again and missing a service, someone will come looking for him. He is not alone.

Ecclesiastes 4:10
. . . woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

Church is quite important and if it is a spiritual problem, a pastor may pray with her.

From my experience, the cell groups are not that effective. Yes, when I was a student, it described what you wrote. But what I see outside is different. If you attend church regularly and feel the way poster is feeling, they’re not likely to even ask you how you’re doing. And if you’re not showing up or as often, a cell leader or member may call you. But even a simple excuse would satisfy them. Cell groups seem to be more effective as platforms for distributing church materials and collecting money from the members in return. Christianity is indeed a personal race.
Re: What's Wrong With Me by Joagbaje(m): 4:01am On Jul 12, 2011
I don't agree with you here. Because many christians attributed their growth to that cell leader that wont give up on them. Even when they lie ,give flimsy excuses for missing services ,he keeps coming after them. Until finally they began to grow.

There may be some imperfections in structures. But If you observe such ,what do you do? You dint condemn the system, you change it. First step is by becoming the best cell leader yourself and be an example .
Re: What's Wrong With Me by nlMediator: 4:17am On Jul 12, 2011
^^^

Didn't condemn anything. Just pointing out that it may not meet the poster's needs at the moment. Or would you prefer we leave her without solutions in order to pretend the system works all the time? As I said, it worked better in school, from my experience. Doesn't mean it doesn't work at all now or that even the school one was perfect. Yes, I was a cell leader. And I've not met a better leader since then!

(1) (Reply)

Christain Sister / Is It Biblical 4 Women 2 Uncover Their Head In Church / Chrislam: Chrsitinaity And Islam As One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.