Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Lilith: Are Feminists Plagued By Demons? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lilith: Are Feminists Plagued By Demons? (512 Views)

Why Are There So Many Igbo Feminists? / Are Feminists Destroying The Igbo Community? / 9 Reasons Why I Can’t Stand Modern-day Feminists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lilith: Are Feminists Plagued By Demons? by allthingsgood: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2019
Lilith was Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time (Rosh Hashanah) and from the same clay as Adam—compare Genesis 1:27. (This contrasts with Eve, who was created from one of Adam's ribs: Genesis 2:22.) Lilith left Adam after she refused to become subservient to him and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she had coupled with the archangel Samael

In one interpretation of the Lilith story, in which she was actually the first woman on earth, and not Eve. The story goes that God created both Adam and Lilith from the earth. When Adam asked Lilith to “lie beneath him” (like, sexually) (seriously I’m not making this stuff up) she was like Bleep that, we were both created from the earth so we’re equal, peace out. And she flew away. God then created Eve from adams rib in order to prevent a repeat of this animosity. It is also said that since then lilith has sworn vengeance on all descendants of adam and eve.

That, my friends, is why Lilith has been accepted as a feminist hero of sorts, and why her name has been co-opted by the likes of Lilith Fair, an all-female music festival, and the Jewish feminist magazine Lilith.

So my friends, do you believe those who argued that men and women must be equal in all respects are possessed by this demon lilith??

Credits: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

Re: Lilith: Are Feminists Plagued By Demons? by KiZiie(m): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2019
story story? sto..
Re: Lilith: Are Feminists Plagued By Demons? by allthingsgood: 11:50am On Jan 10, 2019
KiZiie:
story story? sto..

once upon a time??
Re: Lilith: Are Feminists Plagued By Demons? by Fatherofdragons: 12:44pm On Jan 10, 2019
Is this a movie too?

(1) (Reply)

European Colonizers Killed So Many Native Americans That It Changed The Climate / Brazilians Consulting Ifa / Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.