Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It (1000 Views)

International Passport Requirements / What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It by Naijautonews: 11:21am On Jan 10, 2019
The Nigerian passport is a passport document issued to Nigerian citizens who intend to travel outside Nigeria. It is an electronic passport, also known as e-passport. And it is issued by the Federal Government under the government agency, the Nigerian Immigration Service. The passport document is graded into two: Standard or official e-passport. Each of these graded passport document is issued to a Nigerian citizen depending on the purpose for usage. The standard e-passport is normally issued to the general public while the official e-passport is given out to some specific class of government officials.

The Nigerian passport is used to identify a Nigerian citizen in any part of the world. So, if you intend to travel outside the country for any reason - whether to study abroad, work or any other purpose, you’ll be needing a Nigerian passport to that effect. We understand that some Nigerian citizens don’t know the requirements and official cost of obtaining the Nigerian passport. And for this reason, we’ll be listing out the requirements and how much it costs to obtain a Nigerian passport here on Naijauto.com.

Nigerian Passport Requirements
Like we stated above, the passport document is of two types but we’ll be focusing on the standard e-passport since it’s for the general public.

A letter of identification from your local government.
Your birth certificate or age declaration
Two recently snapped colored passport photographs.
A guarantor’s form sworn either before a magistrate, high court judge or commissioner of oath.
A letter of consent from parents, for e-passport applicants who are under 16 years.
Marriage certificate where it’s applicable.
A police report in case passport gets lost.
Now, let’s move over to the cost of getting your own Nigerian passport.

Official cost of obtaining a Nigerian passport
The cost of a Nigerian international passport is dependent on two factors. They are the applicant’s age and the number of passport pages the applicant is applying for. Let's check the table below.

Nigerian passport application fees by age and passport pages
Booklet type Age 0-17 Age 18-59 Age 60-above
32 pages ₦8,750 ₦15,000 ₦8,750
64 pages ₦20,000 ₦20,000 ₦20,000
When we say official cost, we know that in reality here in our country, the official cost is not realistic. Applicants pay more than the official cost. We sure know how it goes in our country. Many applicants who have processed theirs have mentioned different price of what the Nigerian passport had cost them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiJgT-eu3kY

Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/nigerian-passport-requirements-1967

Re: Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It by herlecks(m): 11:38am On Jan 10, 2019
Can the national Id card be used in place of the local government letter of identification?
Re: Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It by Naijautonews: 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2019
herlecks:
Can the national Id card be used in place of the local government letter of identification?

Yes, the document is to prove your identity, so you can use either of them. smiley
Re: Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It by JADEK01(m): 12:19pm On Jan 11, 2019
I need help how to change my date of birth on my passport.....very urgent
Re: Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It by herlecks(m): 12:56am On Jan 12, 2019
Naijautonews:

Yes, the document is to prove your identity, so you can use either of them. smiley
Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It by uyijiano4u(m): 2:02am On Jan 12, 2019
Official cost of obtaining a Nigerian passport
The cost of a Nigerian international passport is dependent on two factors. They are the applicant’s age and the number of passport pages the applicant is applying for. Let's check the table below.

Nigerian passport application fees by age and passport pages
Booklet type Age 0-17 Age 18-59 Age 60-above
32 pages ₦8,750 ₦15,000 ₦8,750
64 pages ₦20,000 ₦20,000 ₦20,000
When we say official cost, we know that in reality here in our country, the official cost is not realistic. Applicants pay more than the official cost. We sure know how it goes in our country. Many applicants who have processed theirs have mentioned different price of what the Nigerian passport had cost them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiJgT-eu3kY

Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/nigerian-passport-requirements-1967[/quote] bro wish this was possible, in rome to obtain a passport cost 400 to 500euros that is if your lucky, and you have to wait for 3 to 6 months before it gets out
Re: Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It by bcashy: 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2019
JADEK01:

Chat me on 08. 02. 55. 48. 91. 6
Re: Nigerian Passport Requirements And The Official Cost Of Obtaining It by bcashy: 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
JADEK01:

Chat me on 080. 25. 548. 9. 16

(1) (Reply)

Does South Africa Need A Name-change? Majority Say 'no". / This Generation Doesn't Buy Bread When Traveling Again, Lol / Preparing To 'japa' In 2023? Vital Things To Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.