Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement (8237 Views)

Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel / Nigeria Considers $30m Monthly ‘take Or Pay’ Deal With Qua Iboe Power In Ibeno / Qua Iboe Power Plant In Akwa Ibom (New Electricity Generating Company) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by Blue3k2: 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
tiredoflife:

Yeah so is the gas coming from the Niger delta
Who pass u pass u
Stop trying to be half smart
How did the emir get money to own such project
Abi as CBN governor dem dey pay am in billions
Let's keep fooling ourselves down south
While they share Nigeria as a real estate

You should use Google Sanusi 2 had been wealthy a long time. Second the project is partnership betweenn multiple companies dangote and black rhino group. The financing is stated in article.

Codes151:
And we no get light

Who is we? Did you guys make an offer?

tempest01:
Decentralize this national grid nonsense. There is no light in Akwa Ibom, but we are generating enough to handle our post problems, but sending to kano.

That could be long term plan but it wont happen today. I thought the governor been boasting about 18hrs power in state. If Akwa ibom wants more power upgrade Ibom power plant.

Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by darfay: 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2019
Blue3k2:

The agreement means the company is making money. Which means taxes revenue for company. The tax revenue will be used to fund state.

The company is owned by emir sanusi o. What state are you from if you don't mind

Niger delta is doomed
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by darfay: 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2019
tiredoflife:

Yeah so is the gas coming from the Niger delta
Who pass u pass u
Stop trying to be half smart
How did the emir get money to own such project
Abi as CBN governor dem dey pay am in billions
Let's keep fooling ourselves down south
While they share Nigeria as a real estate

Who is trying to act smart?
Are you OK?
This is a devastating news for Niger delta
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by darfay: 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Kano state wants to purchase power from Qua Oboe Power Plant n the plant owners n foreign technical partners want a guarantee financial backing from FG n that is what the minister has just approved.

Another interested state can do same.

Do u understand it now?

What happened to akwa ibom states whose gas is been used for this
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by Blue3k2: 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
darfay:

The company is owned by emir sanusi o. What state are you from if you don't mind

Niger delta is doomed

Akwa Ibom. You're seem like an external pessimist. Who cares of the company is owned by him? Again you dont see big picture. The company has lots of partners like dangote Blackstone and other giant companies. Kano buying bulk electricity means certain doom in your mind only. Its not like Akwa Ibom cant buy it or upgrade their plant. They spent money to start airline afterall.

darfay:

The gas is being paid for ExxonMobil is supplying it. The deep offshore gas was probably being exported anyway. Again again gets paid all the people working in plant work instate and pay taxes. Dont be a drama queen.

“Exxon-Mobil is also prepared to commit about $500 million to build a gas pipeline from its deep off-shore platforms to supply the gas needed for QIPP to operate
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by darfay: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
Blue3k2:

Akwa Ibom. You're seem like an external pessimist. Who cares of the company is owned by him? Again you dont see big picture. The company has lots of partners like dangote Blackstone and other giant companies. Kano buying bulk electricity means certain doom in your mind only. Its not like Akwa Ibom cant buy it or uograde their plant. They spent money to start airline afterall.

Akwa ibom is a loser on all side. Akwa ibom gas would have a multiplier effect on Kano economy while akwa ibom lingers in darkness.

Such open display of rubbish can't happen in the geographical Niger delta(delta,bayelsa,akwa ibom)
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by Blue3k2: 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
darfay:

Akwa ibom is a loser on all side. Akwa ibom gas would have a multiplier effect on Kano economy while akwa ibom lingers in darkness.

Such open display of rubbish can't happen in the geographical Niger delta(delta,bayelsa,akwa ibom)

Lol you're just being a drama queen. You're saying taxes and employment is a loss? Akwa Ibom can buy power but it didnt offer. The gas was off shore to begin with. Lastly the state has its own power plant it can upgrade why are you crying?

You're doom and gloom nonsense is childish. The fact you blantly ignored the states non action and opportunities shows you just want wail and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by Okoroawusa: 6:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
darfay:

I can see u didn't understand my post
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by tiredoflife(m): 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
Blue3k2:

You should use Google Sanusi 2 had been wealthy a long time. Second the project is partnership betweenn multiple companies dangote and black rhino group. The financing is stated in article.

Who is we? Did you guys make an offer?

That could be long term plan but it wont happen today. I thought the governor been boasting about 18hrs power in state. If Akwa ibom wants more power upgrade Ibom power plant.

I don't care if its with Bill gates.
Is the gas from the Niger delta or not
How can u come down south
Use my resources
And send it to the north
And u are here bringing numbers
Did the said dangote make money from selling puff puff or by every government in power
Lets keep fooling ourselves and giving non existence history to them on how they have being so rich before Nigeria was formed
The north is taking us for jokes
While we the few I too know south defends their loots for them
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by Blue3k2: 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
tiredoflife:

Use my resources
And send it to the north
Did the said dangote make money from selling puff puff or by every government in power
Lets keep fooling ourselves and giving non existence history to them on how they have being so rich before Nigeria was formed

The gas was offshore being exported by ExxonMobil anyway. Akwa Ibom can buy power or upgrade power plant. All you drama queens ignore the states inaction pretending this deal is unfair. Lol the state will start an airline but wont make bulk electricity deal.

What are you whining about with dangote? Did he do something illegal or not in this deal. Complaining about his cromie capitalism different issues.
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by trexzee: 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
tiredoflife:

Use my resources
And send it to the north
Are they getting the power for free or it's being paid for?
Your Niger delta states should have requested if there were interested, stop wailing
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by lordm(m): 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2019
Edodefender:
Lies
does good news hurt you?
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by sfsmng: 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
Good one
Re: FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement by Fhemmmy: 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
Blue3k2:

The plants not built yet. How would that be possible?

4 years ago when he was running for the first term, he and fashola promised light and now Nigeria is in more darkness than ever

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did Peter Obi's Father Die? / Defection Hits APC, NNPP As 12,963 Members Dump Parties For PDP In Katsina / Anambra: 729 Ballot Boxes, 243 Voting Cubicles, Destroyed In INEC Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.