Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel (866 Views)

Lagos Government To Commence Construction Of Lekki Ferry In September / FG Guarantees 540mw Kano-Qua Iboe Power Plant Power Purchase Agreement / Qua Iboe Power Plant In Akwa Ibom (New Electricity Generating Company) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Hunchogee: 6:44am On Jul 08, 2021
IBENO: QUA IBOE EXPORT HUB READY TO COMMENCE – GOV EMMANUEL

[/b]Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has expressed his administration's commitment and readiness to the establishment of the Qua Iboe Export Hub, which will warehouse three major industries including a petrochemical refinery and a fertilizer plant in Ibeno.[b]

The State Governor, who was represented by the Commissioner for Special Duties, Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Etteh, made this known on Friday during the inauguration and commissioning of projects initiated by his administration through the Inter-Ministerial Direct Labour Coordinating Committee (IMDLCC) in the area.

While reiterating his avowed commitment to the development of education, he hinted that government has put modalities on ground to aid the rehabilitation and completion of the Model Secondary School in Atabrikang for use by the people of the area.

He further disclosed that Ibeno has remained the most peaceful Oil Producing Community in Nigeria, emphasizing that its peaceful nature necessitated government decision to cite an Export Hub and BUA Group to also establish a 200,000bpd Refinery in the area.

In his remark, Chairman of Ibeno Local Government Council, High Chief William Mkpa, appreciated the Governor for the construction of Eket-Ibeno Road, a project he said has eased thoroughfare.

He appealed the Governor to assist in making drainages within and outside the premises of Secondary Grammar School, Upenekang, and rehabilitation of dilapidated Classroom Block and Offices in the school.

Also speaking, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on IMDLCC, Mr. Sampson Idiong, said the “construction and renovation of school facilities in Ibeno is in line with an early state-of-emergency declaration by Governor Emmanuel to reposition the education sector.”

In their separate goodwill messages presentation, Commissioner in the Local Government Service Commission, Hon. Samuel Ekpenyong; Eket Senatorial District PDP Woman Leader, Mrs. Grace Ekpe-Nko; Youth Leader of Upenekang, Barr. Martins Asukpa, and the Village Head of Upenekang, Obong J.T. Essiet commended the Governor’s thrust and commitment to the development of education and its infrastructure in Ibeno.

The Principal of the School, Mr. William Douglas, appreciated the Governor for alleviating the suffering of both teachers and students through renovation and construction of classrooms, appealing that “more academic staff and library should be made available in the school.”

Some of the projects commissioned were four Classroom Block at Secondary Grammar School, Upenekang; Block of Science Laboratory at Secondary Grammar School, Six Classroom Block at Government Primary School, Mkpanak, Solar Power Mini Water Scheme at Hausa Community, Iwokpom, Physic and Chemistry Laboratory at Secondary Grammar School, Ibeno, three Classroom Block at Comprehensive High School, Iuna Eyet Ikot, three Classroom Block and Hall at Primary School, Opolum, Assembly Hall and Office at Grammar Primary School, Mkpanak and six Classroom Block at Govt. Primary School, Mkpanak, Ibeno.

Present at the event were the Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Linus Nkan; Commissioner for Information & Strategy, Comrade Ini Ememobong; Commissioner for Health, Prof. Augustine Umoh; Commissioner for Rural Development, Mrs. Enobong Mbobo; Commissioner for Science and Technology, Dr. Imo Moffat; Commissioner for Local Government & Chieftaincy Affairs, Hon. Frank Archibong; Commissioner for Housing, Otuekong Raphael Bassey, and Commissioner for Women Affairs, Dr. Ini Adiakpan.

Others included Special Assistants to the Governor on Project Monitoring, Hon. Ekoakwaha Etteh and Mr. Martins Inyangetoh, Traditional Rulers amongst others.

Lalasticlala FP

Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Lawlab2: 6:44am On Jul 08, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Hunchogee: 6:48am On Jul 08, 2021
Lawlab2:
Ok
Yeah
Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by inforesource: 6:58am On Jul 08, 2021
Commence na, ah!

1 Like

Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Ilaumoh(m): 7:13am On Jul 08, 2021
inforesource:
Commence na, ah!
Yeah
Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Ilaumoh(m): 7:13am On Jul 08, 2021
Great one from my state

1 Like

Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Hunchogee: 7:32am On Jul 08, 2021
Ilaumoh:
Great one from my state

Sure
Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Hunchogee: 7:32am On Jul 08, 2021
inforesource:
Commence na, ah!
Lalasticlala FP
Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by SILVERLINES: 7:40am On Jul 08, 2021
cheesy

This Udom is so bias; throughout this administration I haven't seen or heard of any tangible projects in Ikot Ekpene senatorial district.
What has the people of Ikot Ekpene senatorial district done to Udom to deserved such humiliation? I remember when Godswill Akpabio was there development was all inclusive across the state.

Anyways, it's their state.
Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by lastempero: 7:44am On Jul 08, 2021
If it's not will commence then it will be ready to. Oga work kwanu
Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Hunchogee: 9:28am On Jul 08, 2021
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

This Udom is so bias; throughout this administration I haven't seen or heard of any tangible projects in Ikot Ekpene senatorial district.
What has the people of Ikot Ekpene senatorial district done to Udom to deserved such humiliation? I remember when Godswill Akpabio was there development was all inclusive across the state.

Anyways, it's their state.
Your lying about Godswill developing everywhere .
Godwill only develop uyo. Still now the 12billion eket Ibeno road he collected Mobil is still not heard off.
Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Hunchogee: 9:28am On Jul 08, 2021
lastempero:
If it's not will commence then it will be ready to. Oga work kwanu
cool
Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Savie(m): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
I'm yet to see any meaningful development or industry udom the clown has done in ikot ekpene senatorial district since 2015 he enter office. Any way i blame akpabio the id!ot that didn't use his office to bring / attract any industry or company to ikot ekpene senatorial district.!
Re: Qua Iboe Export Hub Ready To Commence Construction– Gov Udom Emmanuel by Hunchogee: 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Savie:
I'm yet to see any meaningful development or industry udom the clown has done in ikot ekpene senatorial district since 2015 he enter office. Any way i blame akpabio the id!ot that didn't use his office to bring / attract any industry or company to ikot ekpene senatorial district.!
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

‘I May Die In DSS Custody’ – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Court / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Anger As Police Attempt to shoot IPOB Member / ABBA Kyari Supposed To Be In Prison While Investigation Continue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.