Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,030 members, 7,866,891 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

Recapitalisation Will Create Stronger Microfinance Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recapitalisation Will Create Stronger Microfinance Banks (181 Views)

Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement / Bank Recapitalisation: Presidency Backs CBN, Investors Rush For Mega-Banks Stock / Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recapitalisation Will Create Stronger Microfinance Banks by MrSlimmz: 4:39pm On Jan 10, 2019
The Chairman, Baobab Microfinance Bank, Mr. Bernardus Zwinkels, has thrown his weight behind moves by the Central Bank of Nigeria to recapitalisation other finance institutions, particularly the microfinance banks in the country.
This, he believes will enthrone stronger microfinance banks. James Emejo presents the excerpts:

How long have you been in the microfinance business?
Since 1975, I have been very active in Africa and in the finance sector. I am now board member of AfrikInvest Group, a Pan – African Finance Sector group which is also investing in private equity and I am very active in operations in 25 countries. I also worked 30 years for FMO. I was much involved in creating banking institutions in Africa. I did at least 30 investments in Africa from Senegal to Madagascar. So in the period of all my career, I have learned how the financial sector operates and what can be done to improve the financial sector and for four years, I am also happy to be the chairman of Baobab Microfinance Bank in Nigeria.

Click here to read more

(1) (Reply)

Everyone, Take A Look... / Sell Us Your Giftcards. Our Rates Are Tempting / NSE CEO, Oscar Onyema Gives Latest Development On MTN Nigeria Listing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.