Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,690 members, 7,955,593 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:07 AM

Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... (2666 Views)

3 Types Of God Claims And Which Has The Burden Of Proof. / Comparison Of Proof Of God, Jesus, Mohammed And Great Mortal Men / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 11, 2019
Originakalokalo:

SMH at you too.

Have you done restitution for all the women you abused ?

1 Like

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by OpenYourEyes1: 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

It literally guesses what things are human, sometimes just from pure randomness.

Can you not see how bad his kinect is at locating and tracing things? The AI is reading the sofa as a person and it also read his hand to be part of the limb as it went into the same area.

Doesn't explain the kitchen drawer opening here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myfwEiFLqm0

Or this:
Ghosts In My Kitchen | Meditation Experiment | Real Paranormal Activity Part 56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYKqoOY-LMc

Paranormal Activity Breakdown and Analysis | Real Paranormal Activity Part 56.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sELRckjc-Jg
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Doesn't explain the kitchen drawer opening here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myfwEiFLqm0

Or this:
Ghosts In My Kitchen | Meditation Experiment | Real Paranormal Activity Part 56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYKqoOY-LMc

Paranormal Activity Breakdown and Analysis | Real Paranormal Activity Part 56.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sELRckjc-Jg
I'd advise you to check this links out. I'm too lazy right now to start writing a response. I may write my own response later but see if these links can help you out.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/travel/arizona/2017/10/02/ghost-hunting-shows-fake/705566001/
http://www.cracked.com/article_23124_5-famous-paranormal-phenomena-easily-debunked-by-science.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vheG7i-R7zk

Edit: I decided to write my own response anyway cause... what the hell lol grin. Keep in mind that this is my opinion and it doesn't fully reflect the opinions in the links above. So, I'll still suggest you check them out.

Now there's something called the electrostatic force. There have been times where people experienced paintings falling on their own, books suddenly falling, or pens rolling on their own. All these instances can be a combined result of gravity and the electrostatic force. Almost all objects have an electrical charge in them, even objects that are non-conductive (they just have a neutral or low charge). The more electrons objects have, the more attraction they have to other positively charged objects. However, these objects constantly lose electrons through a process called grounding and transmit these electrons to other objects they are touching. This means that the imbalance in charge that is keeping certain objects together is constantly being balanced, thereby reducing attraction force. With gravity playing its role, constantly pulling things downward, objects that you were able to initially place without trouble will eventually lose attraction force to the point in which the gravitational force separating these objects is stronger. I hope this scientifically explains why certain objects move on their own.

Also, I do believe in the possibility of objects actually moving on their own (telekinesis, for instance), but I don’t think it is possible in our universe. The laws of physics in our universe simply don’t allow for it.

Paranormal events are just physics we don't understand yet smiley With the advent of negative chemical impressions, ghosts make much more sense! The release of oxytocin along with a burst of A1 activity in the brain make near death experiences much more reasonable... and in 3D printing, alchemy is pretty much a reality these days.

P.S The video may have been edited. I remember saying this in my first response

1 Like

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

So glad you asked smiley

If you can present credible, objective, verifiable, i.e. empirical, evidence that your god – a supernatural entity associated with a religion – actually exists, I will immediately stop being atheist and will join your religion.
Here is why I chose credible, objective, verifiable evidence, and what I mean by each.

Credible - means reliable, believable. It comes from a reliable source. There is no obvious reason to doubt its authenticity. A child who is convinced there is a monster under the bed is not credible. A strong chain of circumstantial evidence usually is credible. Indeed recent studies suggest strong circumstantial evidence may be more credible than eyewitness testimony. If what is presented as "evidence" lacks credibility, one can ignore it. All quotations from the sacred text of any religion, for example, lack credibility as hearsay to those not a member of that religion.

Objective - means that the evidence can be observed in a scientific sense by anyone. This excludes, for example, subjective personal experience with a supernatural being. If someone tells me they have an intense, personal relationship with their god, I am perfectly willing to accept that they believe that. But since I have no way of experiencing their subjective, personal experience, I am unwilling to accept their testimony about it as objective evidence. It is subjective. If a god is active in the physical world, I, and anyone else who is interested, must be able to observe, in a scientific sense, physical evidence of this god's activity. If that can't be done, the "evidence" is not objective.

Verifiable - means at the simplest level that whatever is offered as evidence can also be found by anyone else using the same conditions. The reason that assertions about science must undergo peer review is this: If others cannot get the same result using exactly the same method, then the truth of the assertion is not verified.

Observed in a scientific sense means detected in any of the many ways in which scientists detect phenomena. One of the silliest conceits among the already silly practitioners of apologetics is to insist "observe" means that atheists (and possibly scientists, apologists have trouble making the distinction) will only believe that which they can see with their own eyes. Try telling that to the atheists among the scientists working at the Large Hadron Collider or the Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory.
All these for conviction?
Anyway, as regards the matter of what is unseen,I can't see "bacterium" but I know it exists because it is also a word that names what affects us physically.
It is described as extremely tiny to human sight which is understandable.
But all the conditions you have given for your conviction will never be met by the proponents of the reality of the other-Normals.
And that is why they are other-Normals.
For the sake of those that have experienced the "Screwing of the Normal"(by acclamation: a situation whereby someone witnesses the suspension of natural processes in a strange manner),it will be necessary for the "Screwing of the other-Normals"(a situation whereby the most strange/bewildering of occurrences are deciphered as regards their possibility considering the magnitude of their significance) to take place by the purposeful and strategic attempt of demystifying the most strange and mysterious possibilities which will involve the unimaginable act whereby all the accessible non-religious/non-spiritually inclined individuals under a certain umbrella decide to go on the most unimaginable of adventures where the sole objective is to destroy every possible remnant of truth in the claim that there are places where 7D-Realms can be actualized.
If the 'Possibility of Spirit/7D-Realms' is not down to Mind-Projections,Death must be involved and that is where the story begins.......
You can't actually screw the other-Normals and remain Normal.
You must contend with at least one of these side effects including :pure insanity,doubled life(involving a death-induced connection),and a myriad of encounters with unexpected phenomena that can only take you back to what you screwed to become what you understand as Normal again.....
I don't believe in "spirits/gods/crazy designers/first cause to no cause/beginning without beginning/divine consciousness/confused 'Alls'"
But skepticism should neither be cherished nor abandoned.
And we have to stop using words like "more powerful/more intelligent" to describe supposed 7D/Spirit Realm-Beings.
Based on what we know about the pointless and illogical impression given by what we call 'Nature', "Super-Nature" can only provide us with the greatest magnitude of obscure absurdities.
Lastly,what can only be described as nonsense must be described as nonsense so Religion (a Crime against Humanity) as well as certain traditions/customs/movements/systems, etc must be regarded by only those who are overly attached to them as anything else other than practical nonsense!!!!!
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Martinez19(m): 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2019
HellVictorinho:

All these for conviction?
Anyway, as regards the matter of what is unseen,I can't see "bacterium" but I know it exists because it is also a word that names what affects us physically.
Bacterium is known to exist not because it is a word that affects us physically but because it can be seen through a microscope and it has been studied. Had it been it cannot be seen, bacteria infections would have described by modern medicine as ailments with an identifiable cause. Scientists didn't believe in bacteria until they saw it using a microscope and the same applies for spiritual claims -- seeing is believing.

It is described as extremely tiny to human sight which is understandable.
I wouldn't use the word "understandable." It is described as "tiny" to the unaided human eyes because it is so indeed except with the aid of a microscope.

But all the conditions you have given for your conviction will never be met by the proponents of the reality of the other-Normals.
And that is why they are other-Normals.
For the sake of those that have experienced the "Screwing of the Normal"(by acclamation: a situation whereby someone witnesses the suspension of natural processes in a strange manner),it will be necessary for the "Screwing of the other-Normals"(a situation whereby the most strange/bewildering of occurrences are deciphered as regards their possibility considering the magnitude of their significance) to take place by the purposeful and strategic attempt of demystifying the most strange and mysterious possibilities which will involve the unimaginable act whereby all the accessible non-religious/non-spiritually inclined individuals under a certain umbrella decide to go on the most unimaginable of adventures where the sole objective is to destroy every possible remnant of truth in the claim that there are places where 7D-Realms can be actualized.
If the 'Possibility of Spirit/7D-Realms' is not down to Mind-Projections,Death must be involved and that is where the story begins.......
You can't actually screw the other-Normals and remain Normal.
word salads with pepper stew grin. Try to be simple and lucid in explaining your ideas. Only frauds and proponents of ridiculous garbages use meaningless word salads. They do this to confuse people they are trying to win over and confuse intellectuals who are trying to debunk and call them out. Please, be clearer on what you mean.

You must contend with at least one of these side effects including :pure insanity,doubled life(involving a death-induced connection),and a myriad of encounters with unexpected phenomena that can only take you back to what you screwed to become what you understand as Normal again.....
more word salads. If you can't express simple things in simple words using their proper definition, no bright mind should take you seriously.

I don't believe in "spirits/gods/crazy designers/first cause to no cause/beginning without beginning/divine consciousness/confused 'Alls'"
But skepticism should neither be cherished nor abandoned.
Skepticism should be cherished and never be abandoned. It is that skepticism that science expanded to benefit you and me.

And we have to stop using words like "more powerful/more intelligent" to describe supposed 7D/Spirit Realm Beings.
Why do you call them 7D? Who told you they were 7D? We are just talking about supposedly spiritual beings from the perspective of religious claims. Isn't god more powerful than Satan and the angels on both sides?

Based on what we know about the pointless and illogical impression given by what we call 'Nature', "Super-Nature" can only provide us with the greatest magnitude of obscure absurdities.
What do you mean by "Super-Nature"? If it means the supernatural then I would agree with you here. Why put "nature" in quote?

Lastly,what can only be described as nonsense must be described as nonsense so Religion (a Crime against Humanity) as well as certain traditions/customs/movements/systems, etc must be regarded by only those who are overly attached to them as anything else other than practical nonsense!!!!!
This is clearly illogical despite the word salads. Why don't you be clear and simple on what you mean? grin
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2019
Martinez19:

Bacterium is known to exist not because it is a word that affects us physically but because it can be seen through a microscope and it has been studied. Had it been it cannot be seen, bacteria infections would have described by modern medicine as ailments with an identifiable cause. Scientists didn't believe in bacteria until they saw it using a microscope and the same applies for spiritual claims -- seeing is believing.

I wouldn't use the word "understandable." It is described as "tiny" to the unaided human eyes because it is so indeed except with the aid of a microscope.

word salads with pepper stew grin. Try to be simple and lucid in explaining your ideas. Only frauds and proponents of ridiculous garbages use meaningless word salads. They do this to confuse people they are trying to win over and confuse intellectuals who are trying to debunk and call them out. Please, be clearer on what you mean.

more word salads. If you can't express simple things in simple words using their proper definition, no bright mind should take you seriously.

Skepticism should be cherished and never be abandoned. It is that skepticism that science expanded to benefit you and me.

Why do you call them 7D? Who told you they were 7D? We are just talking about supposedly spiritual beings from the perspective of religious claims. Isn't god more powerful than Satan and the angels on both sides?

What do you mean by "Super-Nature"? If it means the supernatural then I would agree with you here. Why put "nature" in quote?

This is clearly illogical despite the word salads. Why don't you be clear and simple on what you mean? grin
I don't need your approval here.
And you started by taking out "also" and "names" in one of my sentences.
I can't believe you think I am actually supposing 7D stuff.
The spirit realm can only be possible if 7D stuff is possible. (get it?)
I used the word 'understandable' for a reason dude,you can't know everything!!!
It is also stupid to state that I am proposing ideas.
I am not proposing anything.
And you are not in the position to lecture me on the use of "nature".
You also ignored my use of "if" in one or two of my sentences,which was stupid.
Cherishing skepticism leads to rejecting propositions even when they are verifiable.
But you think you can determine the meaning of words like a dictionary!!!
Lastly,"word salads" can be used by anyone.
I can also use it to describe anything anyone is saying.
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Martinez19(m): 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2019
HellVictorinho:

I don't need your approval here.
And you started by taking out "also" and "names" in one of my sentences.
I can't believe you think I am actually supposing 7D stuff.
The spirit realm can only be possible if 7D stuff is possible. (get it?)

I used the word 'understandable' for a reason dude,you can't know everything!!!
It is also stupid to state that I am proposing ideas.
I am not proposing anything.
And you are not in the position to lecture me on the use of "nature".
You also ignored my use of "if" in one or two of my sentences,which was stupid.
Cherishing skepticism leads to rejecting propositions even when they are verifiable.
But you think you can determine the meaning of words like a dictionary!!!
Lastly,"word salads" can be used by anyone.
I can also use it to describe anything anyone is saying.
I don't think I ignored anything, show me where I ignored something. I was only asking you try to express your idea clearly. You write-up had unnecessary word salads. I know anyone can use word salads, all I am saying is that if you use them very unnecessarily, bright minds won't take you seriously and you would come across like a fraud or proponent of bullshit.

@ red
No it can't and doesn't. Can you give an instance? I challenge you to.

@bold
I never said you were. I was simply asking why "7D"? How did you come about "7D"? Why not "8D" or "9D"? That's my question.
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2019
Martinez19:
I don't think I ignored anything, show me where I ignored something. I was only asking you try to express your idea clearly. You write-up had unnecessary word salads. I know anyone can use word salads, all I am saying is that if you use them very unnecessarily, bright minds won't take you seriously and you would come across like a fraud or proponent of bullshit.

@ red
No it can't and doesn't. Can you give an instance? I challenge you to.

@bold
I never said you were. I was simply asking why "7D"? How did you come about "7D"? Why not "8D" or "9D"? That's my question.

I never used or admitted to using "'word salads"'!!!!!
I only implied that I can call or describe anyone's writings as "word salads" just as you did in my case!!!!!!
I am not proposing any idea!!!!!
7D stuff was mentioned as a way of making the possibility of spirit realms look unreal!!!!
It could have been 20D!!!!,
Skepticism involves doubting things for whatever reason and it exists in the science field as well (forget about spirits)!!!
If anyone can't read or is overly stupid thereby calling me a fraud,he or she can as well stick to his or her predicament because I only give a Bleep when I'm ready!!!!!!
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Martinez19(m): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2019
HellVictorinho:

I never used or admitted to using "'word salads"'!!!!!
I only implied that I can call or describe anyone's writings as "word salads" just as you did in my case!!!!!!
I am not proposing any idea!!!!!
7D stuff was mentioned as a way of making the possibility of spirit realms look unreal!!!!
It could have been 20D!!!!,
Skepticism involves doubting things for whatever reason and it exists in the science field as well (forget about spirits)!!!
If anyone can't read or is overly stupid thereby calling me a fraud,he or she can as well stick to his or her predicament because I only give a Bleep when I'm ready!!!!!!
Okay. grin
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Meekha(m): 12:52am On Jan 16, 2019
I am a very scientific person but I am also a deep spiritual person too. One thing atheists miss is that you guys don't believe it's possible to be objective in reasoning and the same time be a theist. I have a video I am willing to show any atheist about "Creative Miracle" conducted by a Minister of the Gospel.

Pls one word of caution to the atheists..DONT EVER EQUATE SCEPTICISM AS A MEASURE OF INTELLIGENCE. The very fact that you are a sceptic doesn't necessarily means you are intelligent and the very fact that you are a BELIEVER of a Faith doesn't mean that are not intelligent. One can chose to believe in a Deity due to experiences and not necessarily due to the fact that the person can TOTALLY explain everything that is connected with that Deity.. Pls I don't wanna Preach. This is my number (zero eight one 50842923).. Holla me on WhatsApp let's continue from there!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is The Reason Why Gospel Artiste - Sinach Is So Big / What’s The Best Traditional Deity To Follow? I’m Tired Of Jesus / King David Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.