Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,573 members, 7,958,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:48 PM

Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... (2673 Views)

3 Types Of God Claims And Which Has The Burden Of Proof. / Comparison Of Proof Of God, Jesus, Mohammed And Great Mortal Men / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Martinez19(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
Vic2Ree:
This thread should be renamed "The Shaming & Decimation of Shelumiel" grin grin grin. @XxSabrinaxX severely flogged his ass cheesy grin
#Roasted
Sabrina is one of a kind, I will start following her thread for fun. For too long we atheists have been gentlemen and gentlewomen presenting our sound arguments only to be subjected to resounding stvpidity and insults from the christards. Nice to see someone who can repay them in kind when it comes to insult and it seems the christards are angry when insulted but they wouldn't mind insulting atheists.

3 Likes

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
Religion is a compilation of theoretical disasters.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Martinez19(m): 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

LMAO!! You are THE definition of lowlife grin grin. You have the audacity to call me a lowlife with that your mouth that smells like a stripper locker room when I have more talent in my smallest fart than you have in your entire body. If hell exists, its probably wallpapered with your deleted pictures. 80 % of the brain is fluid. Unfortunately, in your case, it's brake fluid. You probably sent pictures of your dick to girls in your school, and asked them "hey, can you help me finish this joke?". You're so sad you'll probably still be masturbating at age 60 grin grin grin
Keep talking, at this rate you're going to have nightmares of this thread. I promise you.
Blood of Christ!

1 Like

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Hands down one of the most legendary Nairaland threads, it needs to be archived grin.
R.I.P Shelumiel's NL account. And he only joined last year lol.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by RipMorosini: 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
Niflheim:
"Park well useless animal"...........says the Christian who Belongs to a religion where they eat grass like gullible goats, eat rats like r.etarded ruminants, eat frogs like foolish fucktards and eat snakes like senseless
shitheads!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Did you, Shelumiel, just use the word "logic"? Did you? cheesy ROFLMAO grin grin grin
[img]https://media1./images/270b2ef1070569dc44a100a9c18cdf63/tenor.gif[/img]
[img]https://media1./images/1fd281b270a0b61f12907f42bb63bc39/tenor.gif[/img]
[img]https://media1./images/a53be6cc904e63941709e5f7eae8f4e1/tenor.gif[/img]
Shelumiel, do you even know what logic means lol? You're hands down the most unintelligent individual I've ever had the displeasure of meeting on Nairaland. You don't engage in debates, the only thing you know how to do is spam threads with your trolling comments. Even if I was a christian, I'd be ashamed that you share the same beliefs with me; You're as braindead as braindead can be lol grin grin. 4 out of 5 flies prefer your mouth over sh!t. If autism speaks, Shelumiel you are actually shouting.
Please leave this thread while you still can before the full package of your stupidity is exposed to the public. Useless garbage of a human being lol.
[img]https://media./images/99e09cad7fb33578541b93dd274b4391/tenor.gif[/img]
Sabrine,
I hail thee!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by finalboss(m): 11:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
MhizAngel99:
Hands down one of the most legendary Nairaland threads, it needs to be archived grin.
yea you right.
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Martinez19(m): 11:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
MhizAngel99:
I agree. Seun, please come and archive this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 10, 2019
finalboss:
yea you right.
Murder was the case.
By Sabrine(Not Snoop Dogg) wink

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Martinez19(m): 11:37pm On Jan 10, 2019
Niflheim:
"Park well useless animal"...........says the Christian who Belongs to a religion where they eat grass like gullible goats, eat rats like r.etarded ruminants, eat frogs like foolish fucktards and eat snakes like senseless
shitheads!!!
Don't mind them. They claim their god is omnipotent yet he needs ten percent of their salary. Not even a horse would flop like that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
Martinez19:
Don't mind them. They claim their god is omnipotent yet he needs ten percent of their salary. Not even a horse would flop like that.
Have mercy on them,verbally.
They know not what they are doing. cry
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Martinez19(m): 11:43pm On Jan 10, 2019
Legend has it that Shelumiel is still on the run. grin

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by spongeisback: 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2019
Why do they ALWAYS fight for god?! I remember when I was a Christian, when we're in church and the pastor starts listing out the deeds of Yahweh you see people jumping, screaming and running to the altar to give money.

It was funny then and it's even funnier now because with all those hype, yes hype! Yahweh is nothing but an imagination of a goat herder. Am sure in those lonely cold night on the field he started hallucinating and today his hallucinations is worth billions and believed by billions.

Praise DOT!

1 Like

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by TheArranger(m): 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2019
Seun, we need this thread archived ASAP grin

3 Likes

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by CreepyBlackpool: 12:09am On Jan 11, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
ah its you again cheesy

this should be fun,
lemme pitch my tent here. grin

Now while we wait for the sensible christians that might come later, lets totally ignore the retardded ones that will come first with insults

oshey!
I talk amgrin

but its a good thing XxSabrinaxX did not ignore the one slowpoke that came sha cheesy

biko more christians should come heregrin
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Vic2Ree(m): 12:42am On Jan 11, 2019
MhizAngel99:
Shelumiel made himself the laughing stock of this thread grin grin. Christians need to see this thread and learn from his mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by LordReed(m): 2:59am On Jan 11, 2019
Come and see American wonder, come and see American wonder!

LMFAO!
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Originakalokalo(m): 3:00am On Jan 11, 2019
This message is to the children of God here...

Pls permit me to share an experience with you.... It is a life changing experience that I will never forget. Never. Ever.

I was told in a message in a vision...that my Father would be called home to rest, that the heavens have seen his struggle ..

I was told the timing and the surrounding event that will take place for him to be called home..At this time, nothing much was happening in my life spiritually.

It happened four months after and everything played out as I was told. All the details were as I was told.

During his burial I wept because he was a pastor who had founded a church since 1985 and at the burial,

he had not more than 20 members and an uncompleted building as a church . He died in 2017.

He was dedicated, a prayer giant, a man of faith and very generous.... and he told his congregation the truth... Always.

I wept sour.

I knew his spiritual strength. Most times, we the children would run away from him....

his "wahala" was too much. Despite his strength spiritually, it didn't show much in his work....

On the day of the burial, I cried to God in Jesus name, on a disease that had been with me since birth ...It had stayed with me for more than 33 years.

Till date, I have not seen it. Not anymore.

It baffles me a lot. I tell you, I have never seen anything like this in my entire life. No, not even with a single medication, no hospital, nothing of such.

It just vanished . Just like that.

If you see me adamant on my belief in Jesus, I just told you my backbone. These experiences, propelled me to register for a bible college and it was successfully completed...

I needed to no more about this God...

Afterwards, I have had so many experiences as a brother in the church. ..Spiritually, It propelled me higher.
Now, like Father, I can fast for days... I can pray for hours. . I can study the word....

Like my Father, all I want to do is the will of God. Nothing else matter. Despite a Master's degree in Engineering,...all I want is to serve God....
My will has been taken over. I had wanted to study further... get a PhD...I just don't want this things anymore... Life now has more meaning with God than in things that perish....

all I want to do is serve the God of my father for the rest of my life..

.Apart from the events in the bible that has given me much faith and hope, these experiences I just shared with you and many others have increased my faith in Jesus.

I can't live Jesus. As I draw near to him, he draws near to me and reveal himself to me.

If my dad served God, and he was saved and given rest by Jesus, there is no going back for me.

This is my testimony.

I bless the name of the Lord.

I beg you as a child of God you need to experience this God personally ....apart from what you heard people say about him...

Or what you have read about him.

ask him to reveal himself to you... tell him to give you compelling revelations that will sustain you...

....and He will. This will sustain you no matter the storm of life.

I still need to go higher too, and I am asking for more revelations too.

God bless you all.
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Originakalokalo(m): 5:11am On Jan 11, 2019
I was a chronic fornicator....i have done the unimaginable...

Now, I have a life in Jesus.

I live a holy and righteous life....by the help of the Holy Spirit...

Fasting was difficult.... I loved my food.

Now, I could go seven days..... Fasting is easier.

Vigil was very difficult. I loved my sleep. Now, I can go on and on in vigils...

It is easier to listen to the Holy Spirit....

He tells me ...You have to forgive that man.... You have no Choice.... and I just obey....

I have experienced miracles.....
I have heard revelations.... things I dare not say....

Do you want evidence?

Just take a look at my life. It is a transformed life.

That's my evidence....of the realness of Jesus...

Of the Holy Ghost...

A. Miracle that was documented by YouTube.... It was a lame woman.... Someone had brought her to a crusade in Russia to spite pastor kumuyi...

He positioned the woman at the entrance to spite him.

So that after the crusade he would just show people... To spite Jesus...

Unknown to Pastor kimuyi, as he prayed.. The woman got up and walked.

The woman's picture of before and after flooded Russian internet...

That was when pastor kumuyi knew what had happened...

The woman's name, etc is online.

People who had seen cannot be convinced.

You will only waste your time with them.

Yes, there are fake miracles.... Many.

But People had witnessed what the name of Jesus can do through pastors who are Gods ambassadors INDEED.

On nairaland, there is no proof of Jesus, people are living Christianity...

While in the real world,

A lot is happening in Jesus name.

Let Pastor kumuyi of deeper life bible church call a crusade close to your house...

You will know that Jesus reigns.

All rants and gimmicks end here.

Go out there and see Jesus.

You have read my experience.. you haven't even read anything.... many more abound.

Ask people who have experienced Jesus Christ first hand.... They will tell you a lot.

Jesus is Lord.
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by LordReed(m): 8:18am On Jan 11, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Vigil was very difficult. I loved my sleep. Now, I can go on and on in vigils...

He tells me ...You have to forgive that man.... You have no Choice.... and I just obey....

Do you want evidence?

Of the Holy Ghost...

A. Miracle that was documented by YouTube.... It was a lame woman.... Someone had brought her to a crusade in Russia to spite pastor kumuyi...

But People had witnessed what the name of Jesus can do through pastors who are Gods ambassadors INDEED.

While in the real world,

Let Pastor kumuyi of deeper life bible church call a crusade close to your house...

You have read my experience.. you haven't even read anything.... many more abound.

Ask people who have experienced Jesus Christ first hand.... They will tell you a lot.

Jesus is Lord.

Give us links to this pastor Kumuyi's miracle. Don't give us the YouTube video where he is claiming it o.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Martinez19(m): 9:04am On Jan 11, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Do you want evidence?

Of the Holy Ghost...

While in the real world,

Jesus is Lord.

foolishness shrouded in childish emotional display.
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by OpenYourEyes1: 9:22am On Jan 11, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
A lot of christians love to insist that atheists have the burden of proof. I personally find this ridiculous.

I think some of it comes from a misunderstanding of atheism. Contrary to what many religious people seem to believe, atheism is NOT an expression of certainty that no gods exist. It is a lack of belief that any gods exist, almost always based on the stance that the evidence put forth for the existence of any god is insufficient to justify belief. But most atheists admit that it is at least possible that there could be a god, and most atheists acknowledge that if compelling evidence for a god's existence was presented, they'd be open to changing their view.

Atheists therefore have a similar viewpoint about your god, whichever one it may be, to the belief you probably have about the gods of different faiths from your own. Shiva? Ahura Mazda? Zeus? Christians certainly don't feel that they have any burden to prove these gods do not actually exist. (In fact it would be impossible to do so even if they wanted to.) And atheists feel no burden to prove that your god, or anyone else's, does not exist. It is up to the person making a positive claim that something exists to provide the evidence. In the absence of compelling evidence, it is quite reasonable to withhold belief.

Any christian insisting on proof from an atheist is making a fool of himself and displaying a lack of belief in his own belief.

What kind of "compelling" evidence are you looking for?
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Dantedasz(m): 9:25am On Jan 11, 2019
Why do Christians always feed us with atrocities they committed before becoming born again? It seems the more gory the story is the better.
Every born again Christian was once an armed robber,a druggie,a fornicator,an adulterer,a prost1tute,a drunk,and a worthless personality before their "Saul on the road to Damascus",moment.
These are lies told by Christians to make their conversion seem more spectacular.
Just more astounding rubbish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 11, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

What kind of "compelling" evidence are you looking for?
So glad you asked smiley

If you can present credible, objective, verifiable, i.e. empirical, evidence that your god – a supernatural entity associated with a religion – actually exists, I will immediately stop being atheist and will join your religion.
Here is why I chose credible, objective, verifiable evidence, and what I mean by each.

Credible - means reliable, believable. It comes from a reliable source. There is no obvious reason to doubt its authenticity. A child who is convinced there is a monster under the bed is not credible. A strong chain of circumstantial evidence usually is credible. Indeed recent studies suggest strong circumstantial evidence may be more credible than eyewitness testimony. If what is presented as "evidence" lacks credibility, one can ignore it. All quotations from the sacred text of any religion, for example, lack credibility as hearsay to those not a member of that religion.

Objective - means that the evidence can be observed in a scientific sense by anyone. This excludes, for example, subjective personal experience with a supernatural being. If someone tells me they have an intense, personal relationship with their god, I am perfectly willing to accept that they believe that. But since I have no way of experiencing their subjective, personal experience, I am unwilling to accept their testimony about it as objective evidence. It is subjective. If a god is active in the physical world, I, and anyone else who is interested, must be able to observe, in a scientific sense, physical evidence of this god's activity. If that can't be done, the "evidence" is not objective.

Verifiable - means at the simplest level that whatever is offered as evidence can also be found by anyone else using the same conditions. The reason that assertions about science must undergo peer review is this: If others cannot get the same result using exactly the same method, then the truth of the assertion is not verified.

Observed in a scientific sense means detected in any of the many ways in which scientists detect phenomena. One of the silliest conceits among the already silly practitioners of apologetics is to insist "observe" means that atheists (and possibly scientists, apologists have trouble making the distinction) will only believe that which they can see with their own eyes. Try telling that to the atheists among the scientists working at the Large Hadron Collider or the Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by OpenYourEyes1: 9:49am On Jan 11, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

So glad you asked smiley

If you can present credible, objective, verifiable, i.e. empirical, evidence that your god – a supernatural entity associated with a religion – actually exists, I will immediately stop being atheist and will join your religion.
Here is why I chose credible, objective, verifiable evidence, and what I mean by each.

Credible - means reliable, believable. It comes from a reliable source. There is no obvious reason to doubt its authenticity. A child who is convinced there is a monster under the bed is not credible. A strong chain of circumstantial evidence usually is credible. Indeed recent studies suggest strong circumstantial evidence may be more credible than eyewitness testimony. If what is presented as "evidence" lacks credibility, one can ignore it. All quotations from the sacred text of any religion, for example, lack credibility as hearsay to those not a member of that religion.

Objective - means that the evidence can be observed in a scientific sense by anyone. This excludes, for example, subjective personal experience with a supernatural being. If someone tells me they have an intense, personal relationship with their god, I am perfectly willing to accept that they believe that. But since I have no way of experiencing their subjective, personal experience, I am unwilling to accept their testimony about it as objective evidence. It is subjective. If a god is active in the physical world, I, and anyone else who is interested, must be able to observe, in a scientific sense, physical evidence of this god's activity. If that can't be done, the "evidence" is not objective.

Verifiable - means at the simplest level that whatever is offered as evidence can also be found by anyone else using the same conditions. The reason that assertions about science must undergo peer review is this: If others cannot get the same result using exactly the same method, then the truth of the assertion is not verified.

Observed in a scientific sense means detected in any of the many ways in which scientists detect phenomena. One of the silliest conceits among the already silly practitioners of apologetics is to insist "observe" means that atheists (and possibly scientists, apologists have trouble making the distinction) will only believe that which they can see with their own eyes. Try telling that to the atheists among the scientists working at the Large Hadron Collider or the Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory.

Well, check out your fellow atheist who is researching the paranormal. He finds the proofs but still denies the existence of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plzGpzSw0NY

Been following him for years. I found him very interesting because he's a bit scientific with his investigation
I am not 100% convinced with what he has got though. I just wish he could get an independent witness (maybe a top journalist, skeptics or the police) to make me believe.
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by generationz(f): 9:51am On Jan 11, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Do you want evidence?

Of the Holy Ghost...

While in the real world,

Jesus is Lord.

Glory to God for your testimony.

I know it is true because I'm a living witness of being led by the spirit and receiving revelations too
I can receive revelations about things that end up taking place few months later. I recieve revelations about people I haven't seen or seen in years days and moths before I see them

so no one can even tell me the holyghost isn't real

For some people the power of God is "them say them say" what their pastor told them of

But for some of us its reality. like the air we breath

1 Like

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by OpenYourEyes1: 9:57am On Jan 11, 2019
More.
Kinect Experiment Tape 1 Analysis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p8InsaMyLE
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Originakalokalo(m): 10:17am On Jan 11, 2019
LordReed:

Give us links to this pastor Kumuyi's miracle. Don't give us the YouTube video where he is claiming it o.

Yes he claimed it in a link.

He gave the name of the crusade, the country it was held, who organised it, and the name of the woman who was healed by Jesus himself.

This can be verified and settled. This is internet.

Having said that,

You don't need to believe it if you are not convinced.

You are still looking for evidence that show that God exists... Just continue in your search...

You won't see any evidence if your eyes are closed...

Even if evidence are everywhere, you won't see them if your mind is made up.

Jesus is Lord.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 11, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Well, check out your fellow atheist who is researching the paranormal. He finds the proofs but still denies the existence of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plzGpzSw0NY

Been following him for years. I found him very interesting because he's a bit scientific with his investigation
I am not 100% convinced with what he has got though. I just wish he could get an independent witness (maybe a top journalist, skeptics or the police) to make me believe.
Lol, I've actually seen this video before grin grin. I'm going to be 100% honest with you.

This is 500% bullshit. It's a billion % bullshit. Research a little how the Kinect works - it literally guesses what things are human, sometimes just from pure randomness. The frames are meant to link to things in its programming. Not to mention his kinect is trash. Can you not see how bad his kinect is at locating and tracing things? The AI is reading the sofa as a person and it also read his hand to be part of the limb as it went into the same area. The Kinect is using infrared to try and workout what is a person right? When we see the skeletal interpretation of the guy, we also see the outline in yellow of what the Kinect has identified to be that guy. The Kinect also shows us an outline in blue of what it falsely believes to be a second person, this second outline marks half of the sofa, telling us the Kinect thinks the sofa is a person. It then tries to add a human skeletal structure to the sofa, this is why the skeletal structure spazzes out, because it doesn't fit properly. Technology isn't perfect and the A.I that the Kinect uses, while advanced, is not perfect either. Call this a mistake, but do not assume it has to be a ghost, ghosts are not real.
Also, have you considered the possibility that this video may have been edited? If you use Youtube a lot, you'll discover that recently, it has become a clickbait den to get views, hence, more money. Its very likely that he just bent two different clips together.
Ghosts are not real and are just made up. Aliens or even a "creator" are mathematically more likely to exist than ghost that has only been created by culture and literature.
Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by LordReed(m): 10:32am On Jan 11, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Yes he claimed it in a link.

He gave the name of the crusade, the country it was held, who organised it, and the name of the woman who was healed by Jesus himself.

This can be verified and settled. This is internet.

Having said that,

You don't need to believe it if you are not convinced.

You are still looking for evidence that show that God exists... Just continue in your search...

You won't see any evidence if your eyes are closed...

Even if evidence are everywhere, you won't see them if your mind is made up.

Jesus is Lord.

Dude I already searched for it and found nothing. Since you said the before and after pictures are all over the internet, just give me the link to said pictures.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 11, 2019
Originakalokalo:

grin grin grin

unimaginable ? What was the unimaginable thing that you did ?

There are many people who are not Christians and yet they are not CHRONIC fornicators.

SMH @ You

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And The Burden Of Proof... by Originakalokalo(m): 11:10am On Jan 11, 2019
frosbel2:

grin grin grin

unimaginable ? What was the unimaginable thing that you did ?

There are many people who are not Christians and yet they are not CHRONIC fornicators.

SMH @ You

SMH at you too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is The Reason Why Gospel Artiste - Sinach Is So Big / Have You Praised God Today? (One Hundred and Fifty Five names of God) / Does God Have A Full Title?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.