Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency (5696 Views)

Yoruba Leaders Adopt Atiku For 2019 Presidency / 2019: Amaechi, Other Rivers APC Leaders Adopt Sahara Oil Boss Tonye Cole For Gov / "President Buhari Behind Crisis In Benue" - Middle Belt Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by bilms(m): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Breaking News: Middle belt leaders adopt Olawepo Hashim for 2019 Presidency

https://mrrightsng..com/2019/01/breaking-middle-belt-leaders-adopt.html?m=1

The Middle Belt Forum has adopted the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Trust (PT), Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim as its common Presidential candidate for the February 16 presidential election.

Leaders of the Forum, at a meeting in Abuja on Thursday ratified the choice of Olawepo-Hashim, capping a process that started some six months earlier.

Leader of the Forum, Former Military Governor of Plateau state, Air Commodore Dan Suleiman (rtd) who announced the Forum’s choice togathering of its elders in Abuja, said that the choice of Olawepo Hashim has been ratified by the Forum.

The Forum is spread in 12 out of 19 Northern states, its leaders said, as they added that the new development could alter the calculations ahead of the 2019 election.

According to him, the journey for the ratification of a common Middle Belt candidate started when the Southern leaders asked the Middle Belt to produce a common candidate that would be supported for the Presidency by the Southern, Middle Belt Forum.

He said that the Forum identified many aspirants from the Middle Belt and later shortlisted three of them who met with the leaders at the Home of the former Governor of Kwara state, Chief Cornelius Adebayo in Lagos.

He said that the Forum had assured the three shortlisted candidates that a final choice would be made and that all of them must be ready to work together.

He also stated that the Middle Belt would continue to network with Southern leaders on the adoption of the common candidate.

“What we are doing here today is to tell you that the Middle Belt has completed the exercise and we have settled for a candidate and that candidate is you (Olawepo-Hashim),” the retired Air Force Officer and former Chieftain of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) said.
Air Commodore Suleiman then asked Olawepo-Hashim, who was in attendance to respond.

Olawepo-Hashim, who expressed gratitude to leaders and members of the Middle Belt Forum for the adoption, said that he was a candidate with capacity to unite Nigeria and bring prosperity to the land.
He said that his adoption was not just because he hailed from the Middle Belt, but more of a recognition of his capacity to keep the country safe and united, a role, he said the Middle Belt has always played.
He said that the Middle Belt has remained the mainstay of Nigerian unity, adding that Middle Belters fought in the frontlines as soldiers, policemen and forces that keep the country united.

Olawepo-Hashim said: “That Nigeria is still standing as one today is due to the sacrifices of all of you. Most of you were not just soldiers inmouth, you also led in the battle fieldto keep Nigeria one. The forces that fought either as Air Force Officers, or as combatant soldiers and Police Officers are al from Middle belt.

“Today, the country is facing an existential threat. Eleven out of 19 Northern states are today ravaged by cross border banditry and all manners of criminality. The South is threatened by kidnappers, armed robbers, you can hardly travel from Port Harcourt to Lagos on road without major incidents. So the country is facing existential threat.
“And it is not surprising to me that you have done what you are supposed to do as leaders. At this point in time, by agreeing to support somebody who can bring the country together. I am sure you have done this not just because I am a Middle Belter, but because you believe that we are able to keep the job done. And this job is to keep Nigeria one, secure the country.

Secondly, bring prosperity to the land and threeguarantee all round socio-development that would bring our people quickly out of poverty.

“The next election is not just about choosing a President, it is a battle for the soul of Nigeria.”

He promised to address the imbalance in state creations in the country and form a National Guard to enhance security if elected President.

Besides Air Commodore Dan Suleiman who spoke at the meeting, other leaders of the Middle Belt present at the brief gathering included the President of Middle Belt Forum, Dr. Pogu Bitrus, former Governor of Kwara state, Chief Cornelius Adebayo, former Military Governor of Rivers state, Major General Zamani Lekwot (rtd), former Deputy Governor of Niger State, Nuhu Zagbayi, retired DIG PorterDabup and members of the executive committee of the Middle Belt Forum.

https://mrrightsng..com/2019/01/breaking-middle-belt-leaders-adopt.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by bilms(m): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
Gohashim2019

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by Timatayo1: 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
Make una dey deceive una self olawepo ko olawa petrol ni middle belts na atikulate

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by bilms(m): 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
Timatayo1:
Make una dey deceive una self olawepo ko olawa petrol ni middle belts na atikulate

May sense fall on you

8 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by nairaman66(m): 6:09am On Jan 11, 2019
When will the citizenry realize that these unscrupulous elements called politicians are fighting for their pockets and bellies alone?

There is not one sincere person out there willing to discuss Nigeria’s problems and how to solve it amicably. The British should come back and an ill this contraption called Nigeria period!!
Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:10am On Jan 11, 2019
Another good candidate for the job.
All the best

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by Tonyosas101(m): 6:10am On Jan 11, 2019
This man & Sowore will be so loud by 2023

As for now, its between APC & PDP candidate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by helinues: 6:10am On Jan 11, 2019
Mrrights in the building

All the best Hashim
Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:10am On Jan 11, 2019
Timatayo1:
Make u dey deceive yourself o wink, no be only atikulate ko, na atikunine, no ejaculate. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 11, 2019
This man should go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by DLifeless1: 6:26am On Jan 11, 2019
. I noticed it is days to election periods that the army do make fronts in this their war, so am still asking, what is actually happening?
APC is claiming PDP ran Nigeria down in 16 years, okay, what is the way forward? A man came and promised us that 1 dollar will be 1 naira, that terrorism war will end in 3 months when he enters office, that we will have steady electricity supply in 6 months, that he will sell most of the presidential fleet to curb excessive spending, plus other things including fighting corruption. We pushed the known devil for an unknown angel. Their first excuse was that PDP left the treasury dry, but loots and bags of money is being discovered here and there with no name mentioned, the story is now changed to next level as in when they were dishing their campaign promises they didn't know PDP milked the country.
What we feared most happened, if you are in opposition, you are hunted till almost all the supposed corrupt PDP riffraffs are now in APC as saints and leading the campaigns, so now are we to wait for another 16 years for these goons who ran Nigeria down in 16 years to rerun it down again before our brain starts functioning.
That Trump is successful is because he had a purpose, our current president got an f9 in common mathematics, our vice President can't even express himself fluently, the police ig is a Stark transmitter who is partician and same with the army that I was ready to do anything to join cos I wanted to serve but as it stands maybe God knows the country is lost to imbeciles who already have succeeded in dividing the country between religious and ethnic line that we've forgotten this is one country and not different countries that are allies.
No freedom of speech again, the polititians have noting to offer looking at the manifestos they brandish, in abia, the PDP slowpoke is campaigning based on zoning, that is he has no plans at all or what developmental strategy to uplift the state, in the national level, I fear what PDP as in skeptical because the English in it tends to confuse than elaborate and APC is just filled with Stark failures from the old PDP, no direction, in chaos, distorted and stupid.
I just saw a post of the new dangote refinery that will start producing not now, am not saying its not good but other countries like the desert we use to know as UAE really are fine tuning their electric cars, why can't Nigeria budget more or invest more in education and research like Israel. Imagine, the students are at home, schools on strike and these guys are happy and unperturbed doing their campaign rallies and these same students whom their future is sacrificed kill and maim themselves for these selfish bastards. It's just as If this strike was deliberately planned to frustrate the students to stay at home and do their election biddings, foreign companies like mtn and multichoice milk the citizens dry and the government have no solution to it cos some of them have being bribed to be docile, as a Nigerian citizen you don't even have the right to live your life because one drunk illiterate police or army with inferiority complex will snuff your life off you and there is no tangible headway or light at the end of the tunnel.
I noticed from the area I stay that the rich wants the poor to be poorer to serve them and to manipulate them, am against depending on anyone but if you can't help your neighbor, don't decieve him, let us always tell ourselves the truth. Youths now value crime as an escape route because they've been made to understand that their best efforts will amount to noting.
Another news is that fg is to borrow another 823billion naira in first quarter of 2019, please who did we offend?

Seriously when I see people fight over political issues and interest here, I only understand that there is no hope for Nigeria again, these polititians know that is why none of their children reside in Nigeria because they know what they've done, that is why when I saw the news of that fool stabbed during apc rally, I had no compassion for his useless soul cos he died in vain and you'll see some other fools will go on to fight.
Why can't we ditch all these old idiots and look within ourselves for a better option, most of these men won't be alive in the next 30 years, it is we and our children that will be reaping the seeds we are sowing now.
As for me, as far as I know my conscience is clear and I contributed noting bad to this country, I'll never follow you guys to suffer it period.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by escodotman: 6:28am On Jan 11, 2019
bilms:
Gohashim2019
This guy has been talking a lot but I haven't seen anywhere he held any rally. I can't wait to see his rally and the number of people who would turn up, then we would know if his endorsements really mean anything. Why hasn't he organised any rally?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by koolbe(m): 6:32am On Jan 11, 2019
Believe this at your own peril. This man isn't campaigning anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by lafex: 6:39am On Jan 11, 2019
escodotman:
This guy has been talking a lot but I haven't seen anywhere he held any rally. I can't wait to see his rally and the number of people who would turn up, then we would know if his endorsements really mean anything. Why hasn't he organised any rally?
You don't need to see his rally physically
His social media rally is enough
He's only social media candidate
Someone that doesn't place a single poster and advert on radio/television and want to win an election
Where does that shot happen?
E
RUBISH

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by braveboy64(m): 6:41am On Jan 11, 2019
Dem don collect money Abi no be Naija
Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by lonelydora: 6:54am On Jan 11, 2019
i wish he will win. I don't want APC or PDP again

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by magicfingers009: 6:56am On Jan 11, 2019
E be like say this man na shareholder for Nairaland. He is more popular on Nairaland than in real life.

Make una dey deceive unasef

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by OBoy50: 7:02am On Jan 11, 2019
undecided
Who is Hashim? we don't know him here in middlebelt. Atiku till rapture come grin
Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by ImperialYoruba: 7:02am On Jan 11, 2019
Im telling you all, this guy will form opposition. He will come second behind Buhari, Atiku third.

Watch out for him..
Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by AnalQueenluci: 7:25am On Jan 11, 2019
Vote distraction n divider

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by dannyville2(m): 7:29am On Jan 11, 2019
[quote author= post=74648634]
Make u dey deceive yourself o wink, no be only atikulate ko, na atikunine.

More like Ejaculate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:30am On Jan 11, 2019
[quote author=dannyville2 post=74650215][/quote]
Lol cheesy, that will be more apt!
Thanks man!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by Xinzu: 7:33am On Jan 11, 2019
This Olawepo Hashim just dey deceive himself grin
Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by Dannyset(m): 7:34am On Jan 11, 2019
Haaa!
But they told us this zone is for Atiku na.......grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by Topmaike007(m): 7:42am On Jan 11, 2019
DLifeless1:

. I noticed it is days to election periods that the army do make fronts in this their war, so am still asking, what is actually happening?
APC is claiming PDP ran Nigeria down in 16 years, okay, what is the way forward? A man came and promised us that 1 dollar will be 1 naira, that terrorism war will end in 3 months when he enters office, that we will have steady electricity supply in 6 months, that he will sell most of the presidential fleet to curb excessive spending, plus other things including fighting corruption. We pushed the known devil for an unknown angel. Their first excuse was that PDP left the treasury dry, but loots and bags of money is being discovered here and there with no name mentioned, the story is now changed to next level as in when they were dishing their campaign promises they didn't know PDP milked the country.
What we feared most happened, if you are in opposition, you are hunted till almost all the supposed corrupt PDP riffraffs are now in APC as saints and leading the campaigns, so now are we to wait for another 16 years for these goons who ran Nigeria down in 16 years to rerun it down again before our brain starts functioning.
That Trump is successful is because he had a purpose, our current president got an f9 in common mathematics, our vice President can't even express himself fluently, the police ig is a Stark transmitter who is partician and same with the army that I was ready to do anything to join cos I wanted to serve but as it stands maybe God knows the country is lost to imbeciles who already have succeeded in dividing the country between religious and ethnic line that we've forgotten this is one country and not different countries that are allies.
No freedom of speech again, the polititians have noting to offer looking at the manifestos they brandish, in abia, the PDP slowpoke is campaigning based on zoning, that is he has no plans at all or what developmental strategy to uplift the state, in the national level, I fear what PDP as in skeptical because the English in it tends to confuse than elaborate and APC is just filled with Stark failures from the old PDP, no direction, in chaos, distorted and stupid.
I just saw a post of the new dangote refinery that will start producing not now, am not saying its not good but other countries like the desert we use to know as UAE really are fine tuning their electric cars, why can't Nigeria budget more or invest more in education and research like Israel. Imagine, the students are at home, schools on strike and these guys are happy and unperturbed doing their campaign rallies and these same students whom their future is sacrificed kill and maim themselves for these selfish bastards. It's just as If this strike was deliberately planned to frustrate the students to stay at home and do their election biddings, foreign companies like mtn and multichoice milk the citizens dry and the government have no solution to it cos some of them have being bribed to be docile, as a Nigerian citizen you don't even have the right to live your life because one drunk illiterate police or army with inferiority complex will snuff your life off you and there is no tangible headway or light at the end of the tunnel.
I noticed from the area I stay that the rich wants the poor to be poorer to serve them and to manipulate them, am against depending on anyone but if you can't help your neighbor, don't decieve him, let us always tell ourselves the truth. Youths now value crime as an escape route because they've been made to understand that their best efforts will amount to noting.
Another news is that fg is to borrow another 823billion naira in first quarter of 2019, please who did we offend?

Seriously when I see people fight over political issues and interest here, I only understand that there is no hope for Nigeria again, these polititians know that is why none of their children reside in Nigeria because they know what they've done, that is why when I saw the news of that fool stabbed during apc rally, I had no compassion for his useless soul cos he died in vain and you'll see some other fools will go on to fight.
Why can't we ditch all these old idiots and look within ourselves for a better option, most of these men won't be alive in the next 30 years, it is we and our children that will be reaping the seeds we are sowing now.
As for me, as far as I know my conscience is clear and I contributed noting bad to this country, I'll never follow you guys to suffer it period.
I never read anything well on nairaland, but I took my time and read this your post bit by bit, Bro you are a blessing to humanity,if we can all think the way you're thinking right now Nigeria will move forward..

Good morning bro have a nice weekend ahead...

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Middle Belt Leaders Adopt Olawepo Hashim For 2019 Presidency by princetom1(m): 7:54am On Jan 11, 2019
Topmaike007:
I never read anything well on nairaland, but I took my time and read this your post bit by bit, Bro you are a blessing to humanity,if we can all think the way you're thinking right now Nigeria will move forward..

Good morning bro have a nice weekend ahead...

Its copy and paste dou, u will soon come across it on NL again soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It True Osibanjo Was Not Allowed In Security Meeting? Pic Of His Empty Chair / Can't Believe Sarrki Would Give In To The Pressure Of Wailing Zombies. / Breaking.....US Senators Ask Trump To Deploy Special Envoy To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.