Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Paul Aigbogun Name 31 Provisional Squad Ahead Of Afcon 2019 Camping - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paul Aigbogun Name 31 Provisional Squad Ahead Of Afcon 2019 Camping (759 Views)

CAF Withdraws AFCON 2019 Hosting Rights From Cameroon / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Aigbogun Name 31 Provisional Squad Ahead Of Afcon 2019 Camping by Lilpacshacor: 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2019
The official list of players called up to the U20 team of Nigeria for preparations for the forth coming U20 Africa Cup of Nations has being released .

The Camping session is set to resume on Monday in Abuja ahead of the competition under the watch of the head coach, coach Paul Aigbogun .

Below is the list of invited players which included both home base players and foreign base players as well.

Goalkeepers:

Daetan Ogundare ( Kogi United)

Olawale Oremade ( Oasis Academy)

Akpan Udoh ( Unattached)

Matthew Yakubu ( Clique Sports Academy)

Defenders:

Ikouwem Udoh ( Enyimba)

Ibrahim Usman ( Seattle Sounders 2)

Mike Zarumma ( Plateau United)

Muhammad Zulkifilu ( Plateau United)

Solomon Ogberuhue ( El-Kanemi)

Valentine Ozornwafor ( Enyimba)

Aliu Salawudeen ( Emmanuel Amunike Academy)

Ekene Olisema ( Akwa United)

Igho Ogbu ( Rosenborg)

Midfielders :

Jamilu Muhammed ( Kano Pillars)

Afeez Aremu ( IK Start)

Ali Wale

Peter Eletu ( Akwa United)

Liamed Quadri ( 36 Lions)

Victor Arikpo ( Sidos FC)

Uche Onwuasonaya (Kwara United)

Ibrahim Alhassan (Kano Pillars)

Forwards:

Ibrahim Abubakar Babawo ( Plateau United)

Aniekeme Asuquo ( Akwa United)

Adeshina Gata ( Wikki Tourist)

Jayden Bennets ( Watford)

Peter Eneji ( AS Trencin)

Effiom Maxwell ( Enyimba)

Wasiu Alalade ( Enyimba)

Aliyu Bravo ( G smart FC)

Pascal Durugbor ‎ ( Vaxjo)

Ahmad Gero ‎ ( Jonkoping Sodra)

Victor Boniface ( Real Sapphire FC)
Re: Paul Aigbogun Name 31 Provisional Squad Ahead Of Afcon 2019 Camping by Lilpacshacor: 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2019
German born 18-year-old midfielder, Jonas Benjamin Chimezie David has revealed why he has opted to play for Nigeria.
David, who led the U-19 of Hamburg to glory last season, is widely viewed as one of the top prospects in the club’s academy.
revealed why he opted for Nigeria ahead of Germany and his immediate aim of playing for Nigeria at any level.
He was quoted as saying, “I want to make my father proud and playing for the country that he comes from will help me fulfill my aim of making him very happy.“I am blessed with the most wonderful set of parent. They support my decision and I pray it comes to pass soonest than later.“I have not been to Nigeria yet, but this is a fact I really want to change in the nearest future. Hopefully, before, or if I get invited to any of the national teams of Nigeria.“Honestly, I want to progress through the ranks, meaning, I will love to start from the youth teams but that doesn’t mean I’m not eyeing the senior national team of Nigeria.John Obi Mikel, the captain and I share similar characteristic as midfielders and I hope to emulate his success with the Nigerian team and also match his achievement at club level

Re: Paul Aigbogun Name 31 Provisional Squad Ahead Of Afcon 2019 Camping by Lilpacshacor: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2019
Nigeria are currently leading the race in the battle for the international future of 17 year old new Hoffenheim signing Midhat Bajric‎ despite Bosnia making contact with the left footed central defender who moved to Hoffenheim from Nuremburg three weeks ago said his immediate focus ‎is representing Nigeria at the U20 level. I am eligible to play for Nigeria, Croatia and also Bosnia. For now only Bosnia have contacted my agent ‎over a possible invitation nothing yet from Nigeria or Croatia “, Bajric My dream has always been to represent Nigeria and some people have assured me that the coach of the U20s is watching me but no contact yet with my agent. I know a good performance with Hoffenheim will help my case a lot”, he remarked.
Speaking on his links to Nigeria, the defender who has a Croatian father and a German mother who has Nigerian links cleared the air on his eligibility to feature for Nigeria at international. ‎My grandfather is a full blooded Nigerian while my mother named Odion Abieba is a half Nigerian married to my Croatian father, who has links with Bosnia. The options are much but Nigeria is top priority for now”, he concluded.

Re: Paul Aigbogun Name 31 Provisional Squad Ahead Of Afcon 2019 Camping by Lilpacshacor: 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2019
Highly rated Bayern Munich teen left back Kimberly Ezekwem has left the Bundesliga giants for modest Bundesliga side SC Freiburg ‎on a free transfer following the expiration of his contract with Bayern Munich.
The 17 year old who is born to a German mother and a Nigerian father failed to agree fresh terms on a contract extension at Bayern Munich where he was a regular for their U17 last season in the Junior League.
He signed a two year deal with Freiburg which will become official on the 1st of July and will run to the 30th of June 2020 three days ago, bringing to an end his two year stay at Bayern Munich.
The promise of a step up to the first team at Freiburg lured him as he believe he might not get the same opportunity at Bayern due to their transfer policy.
A left full back who is also comfortable as a central defender, if he makes the step up to the first team of Freiburg and gets to play in the Bundesliga, his international future will no doubt spark interest from both Germany and Nigeria.

Re: Paul Aigbogun Name 31 Provisional Squad Ahead Of Afcon 2019 Camping by Lilpacshacor: 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2019
16 FLYING EAGLES PROSPECTS LISTED BY TRANSFERMKT WITH GERMANY AS FIRST NATIONALITY -- Rohr's boys

DEF | Deji Beyreuther | Sep 6, 1999 (18) Eintracht Frankfurt
FWD | Bryan Hein | Sep 25, 2001 (16) | Hamburger SV U17
DEF | Brooklyn Ezeh | Jun 23, 2001 (16) | Hamburger SV U17
DEF | Sebastian Alebiosu | Aug 8, 2001 (16) | Eintracht Frankfurt U17
DEF | Folarin Williams | Jul 29, 2001 (16) | VfL Bochum U17
DEF | Kimberly Ezekwem | Jun 19, 2001 (16) | FC Bayern Munich U17
DEF | Alexander Nwokolo | Jan 19, 2001 (17) | MSV Duisburg U17
MID | Ogechika Heil | Nov 27, 2000 (17) | Hamburger SV U19
DEF | Jonas David | Mar 8, 2000 (18) | Hamburger SV U19
MID | Casey Backhaus | Jan 4, 2000 (18) | Rot Weiss Ahlen Jugend - -
FWD | Samuel Abifade | Sep 17, 1999 (18) | Eintracht Braunschweig U19 - -
DEF | David Yakub | Jan 15, 1999 (19) | FC Deisenhofen U19 - -
DEF | Cotrell Ezekwem | May 13, 1999 (18) | TSV 1860 München U19 - -
DEF | Marc Onuoha | May 4, 1999 (18) | VfR Aalen U19 - -
GK | Maduka Okoye | Aug 28, 1999 (18) | Fortuna Düsseldorf U19 - -
FWD | Chinedu Ekene | Jul 9, 1999 (18) | Bayer 04 Leverkusen U19

(1) (Reply)

What Pogba Said About Mourinho's Tactics After Tottenham Win / Sergio Ramos Threatend To Leave Madrid During Clash With Club President / Nigeria Comes Top In Latest FIFA Rankings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.