Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Students In Luxembourg; How Did You Apply For Diploma Recognition? Please Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Students In Luxembourg; How Did You Apply For Diploma Recognition? Please Help! (1470 Views)

Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg / Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) / Luxembourg Becomes The First Country To Make All Public Transportation Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students In Luxembourg; How Did You Apply For Diploma Recognition? Please Help! by EVARISTOMONARCH: 1:47am On Jan 11, 2019
Nigerian international students or expatriates in Luxembourg please I need your help on how to go about my application for diploma recognition by Luxembourg Ministry of Education. I have gone through their requirements but I want to find out:

1. If they do recognize West African Senior School Certificate- WASSC?

2. If I must show a proof of resident permit in any EU countries before they can be able to look into my documents for recognition?

Please I will appreciate you sharing your experience, suggestions and opinions.

Moderators please help me push this in front.

cc: DisGuy, justwise, Fynestboi, Richiez, olawalebab
Re: Students In Luxembourg; How Did You Apply For Diploma Recognition? Please Help! by optimusprime2(m): 4:39am On Jan 11, 2019
This is a good question... I know the Embassy of Belgium in Nigeria has the competence for Luxembourg consular inquiries, however for student inquiries you may need to speak with a Luxembourg Embassy directly and if I am correct, the only Embassy Luxembourg has in Africa, is in Burkina Faso;
https://ouagadougou.mae.lu/fr/L-Ambassade2
I wish you could speak French, it would have saved a lot of procedures if you could call them and ask them directly, however the staff at Burkina Faso are majorly French speaking...
But try to inquire from them.
Re: Students In Luxembourg; How Did You Apply For Diploma Recognition? Please Help! by EVARISTOMONARCH: 8:33am On Jan 11, 2019
optimusprime2:
This is a good question... I know the Embassy of Belgium in Nigeria has the competence for Luxembourg consular inquiries, however for student inquiries you may need to speak with a Luxembourg Embassy directly and if I am correct, the only Embassy Luxembourg has in Africa, is in Burkina Faso;
https://ouagadougou.mae.lu/fr/L-Ambassade2
I wish you could speak French, it would have saved a lot of procedures if you could call them and ask them directly, however the staff at Burkina Faso are majorly French speaking...
But try to inquire from them.

Thanks for your suggestion. However as they stated in their website, for any certificate to be recognized in the country it has to be mailed by post from the person requesting for the recognition to the Luxembourg Ministry of Education in Luxembourg. The embassy isn't required to do the recognition.

What I really want is to know if there're other Nigerians whose WEAC has been recognized by the country before to be sure they accept WAEC before sending my documents to them.

Although they don't have embassy in Nigeria, they make use of Belgian Embassy in Nigeria for all their consular activities.
Re: Students In Luxembourg; How Did You Apply For Diploma Recognition? Please Help! by optimusprime2(m): 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2019
EVARISTOMONARCH:

Thanks for your suggestion. However as they stated in their website, for any certificate to be recognized in the country it has to be mailed by post from the person requesting for the recognition to the Luxembourg Ministry of Education in Luxembourg. The embassy isn't required to do the recognition.

What I really want is to know if there're other Nigerians whose WEAC has been recognized by the country before to be sure they accept WAEC before sending my documents to them.

Although they don't have embassy in Nigeria, they make use of Belgian Embassy in Nigeria for all their consular activities.

Like I said initially, things would have been a lot easier if you could make contact with the embassy and ask this question, they are in the best position to answer you... They would tell you if their ministry of education recognizes Nigerian certificates, and if they don't they'd give you the list of standard exams that could be used in lieu of the certificate.

The job of the embassy is not just for consular services but for responding to these sort of questions.
I really wish you could speak French, just call Ouagadougou.
Re: Students In Luxembourg; How Did You Apply For Diploma Recognition? Please Help! by EVARISTOMONARCH: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2019
optimusprime2:

Like I said initially, things would have been a lot easier if you could make contact with the embassy and ask this question, they are in the best position to answer you... They would tell you if their ministry of education recognizes Nigerian certificates, and if they don't they'd give you the list of standard exams that could be used in lieu of the certificate.

The job of the embassy is not just for consular services but for responding to these sort of questions.
I really wish you could speak French, just call Ouagadougou.

Thanks alot.

Problem is am not fluent in French.
Re: Students In Luxembourg; How Did You Apply For Diploma Recognition? Please Help! by Island01: 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
EVARISTOMONARCH:
Nigerian international students or expatriates in Luxembourg please I need your help on how to go about my application for diploma recognition by Luxembourg Ministry of Education. I have gone through their requirements but I want to find out:

1. If they do recognize West African Senior School Certificate- WASSC?

2. If I must show a proof of resident permit in any EU countries before they can be able to look into my documents for recognition?

Please I will appreciate you sharing your experience, suggestions and opinions.

Moderators please help me push this in front.

cc: DisGuy, justwise, Fynestboi, Richiez, olawalebab
I got up to 123skrill I will sale at 350/$

(1) (Reply)

Advice A Deportee Friend From U.K / UK Visa Reapplication After Denial And Judicial Review / Nigerians In Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.