Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

What's The Best Decision To Take As I'm About Graduating? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's The Best Decision To Take As I'm About Graduating? (645 Views)

Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies / Tlscontact Express Courier Return Service After Receiving Decision Email / I Need Your Migration Advice Please, I'm About To Make A Life Changing Decision. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Decision To Take As I'm About Graduating? by stealthtiger(m): 12:06pm On Jan 11, 2019
Hi!
I'm a fisheries undergraduate from Marine Science department, Faculty of Science, University of Lagos. I'll be graduating this october. I've got interest in Computer, Systems Engineering and also computer science fields. I wanted to study one of these courses then but family pressure made me opt in for mbbs of which I didn't get (though I'm happy about that) rather I got fisheries.
Since then I haven't been happy because I believe that I would have done better if I was allowed to study engineering.
Now on the verge of graduation, I've been nursing the idea of getting a second bachelors in Computer or Systems Engineering. The time factor is a big constraint preventing from going back. In fact I'll be 26 years by the time of the second degree graduation and that can happen if I don't do the NySC thing immediately after my first degree.

So I'm considering getting a post graduate diploma in CS and thereafter a Masters in US or Canada.

Is it then possible for a graduate in Fisheries to go for a Masters program in CS or Engineering in the US or Canada?
And does the idea of going back to school for a second bachelors make sense?

Please I need answers
Re: What's The Best Decision To Take As I'm About Graduating? by KendrickAyomide: 1:02pm On Jan 11, 2019
Take your bag and baggages leave this Zoo. If it's to go for a second bachelors degree do it. At least you are still young. Try a different field in US or Canada give them a good proof of why you want to change your field. Good luck

That aside, how lucrative is fish farming?

Re: What's The Best Decision To Take As I'm About Graduating? by stealthtiger(m): 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
Take your bag and baggages leave this Zoo. If it's to go for a second bachelors degree do it. At least you are still young. Try a different field in US or Canada give them a good proof of why you want to change your field. Good luck

That aside, how lucrative is fish farming?
Man, I‘m currently 21, 22 on Christmas.
Spending another 5 years in a Nigerian school is tormenting.

Fish farming that's Aquaculture is sort of lucrative. The thing is the market isn't that big in Nigeria because most Nigerians tend not to consume locally bred fish like catfish.

But practicing fisheries is out of it for me, i t's more than the money. It's more of fulfilment, passion and interest and I've got Zero interest for either mbbs or fisheries or biologicals generally.
Re: What's The Best Decision To Take As I'm About Graduating? by KendrickAyomide: 10:29pm On Jan 11, 2019
stealthtiger:

Man, I‘m currently 21, 22 on Christmas.
Spending another 5 years in a Nigerian school is tormenting.

Fish farming that's Aquaculture is sort of lucrative. The thing is the market isn't that big in Nigeria because most Nigerians tend not to consume locally bred fish like catfish.

But practicing fisheries is out of it for me, i t's more than the money. It's more of fulfilment, passion and interest and I've got Zero interest for either mbbs or fisheries or biologicals generally.
well to the best of my understanding, people consume catfish. thanks for the advice tho

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Decision To Take As I'm About Graduating? by voraz(m): 5:52am On Jan 23, 2019
From what I think I know, you don't have to spend another 5 years in school. Kruger in some other threads mentioned that you don't need to have a degree in Computer related courses to get a job, mostly it's certifications that pave ways in relation to job opportunities.

I believe you can study and learn a lot more than most graduates of that course... It's your passion and if you like it enough to consider an extra five years, I'm sure you'll be able to find a good walkaround to your dilemma.

Let the elders come and handle this... I need advice too cheesy
I don't know if Bossman will be available or tescoman90 but I'm sure more help will turn up.

Cheers!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Canada Question / Experience Cheap Flight Tickets To France The Easiest / Six Steps To Apply For Jobs In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.