Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

5 Ways To Combat Author Anxiety - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Ways To Combat Author Anxiety (222 Views)

Chinelo Nwokoye: NAF Wings Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, 11 Others In Abuja / Top 5 Ways To Help Build Up Your Self Respect At Work / Chief Of Air Staff Welcomes Brilliant Young NAF Combat Pilot From USA. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Combat Author Anxiety by IssacharProject: 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2019
5 Ways to Combat Author Anxiety

It turns out Author Anxiety is a Thing. It’s not just me.

I discovered this on the eve of publication of my debut novel, DECEPTION ISLAND, when I was silly enough to Google my shiny new title. Up popped a Netgalley reviewer live-tweeting as she read it. Only she was hating it—pulling it apart chapter by chapter.

I’d had loads of great reviews—in Publishers Weekly, Booklist, Library Journal, RT Book Reviews, on dozens of blogs—but this one hobby reviewer withered my fragile confidence. It was the intimacy of it. I could see what she looked like, I could see what page she was reading, I could certainly see exactly what she thought of the story. And I couldn’t stop refreshing. Because I’m an idiot.

Read more at; https://www.issacharprojects.com/5-ways-to-combat-author-anxiety/

(1) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited 2018 | Apply Now / Ultimate Instagram Growth Training For Nigerian Businesses / (LESSON 7):--- The Spirit Of Making Money; How Would You Feel If You Get Rich To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.