Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Atheismus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheismus. (4153 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheismus. by janettee(f): 12:51am On Jan 12, 2019
I really don't know what this thread should be about but then I intend to post atheistic pictures/quotes from time to time for now smiley...

Oh you are also free to post yours!...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by janettee(f): 1:01am On Jan 12, 2019
Who follows this account on twitter?

I find the tweets hilarious grin.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by janettee(f): 1:14am On Jan 12, 2019
I read a book few days ago written by a self-acclaimed 'Jesus Feminist'.

When it got to this particular passage for her to explain, she suddenly remembered that the Bible was written thousands of years ago and therefore this particular passage has no place in our society today..

It's really hilarious, cause I don't know any woman who would be comfortable with that particular passage except of course the irredeemable religious women!.

The book itself was about her being a 'Jesus Feminist'. I struggled to finish the book and ended up giving it 1 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

There were other misogynistic passages she tried to explain but she did that from the point of view of theologians who believe the bible must have been misinterpreted while being translated into English.

This is a classic example of how religious people find some passages in the bible problematic and then try to explain the passage in such a way that it suits them often deviating from the original problematic meaning....

They often say it's been misinterpreted. It's only misinterpreted if it's problematic, lol grin.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by janettee(f): 7:58am On Jan 17, 2019
When I started questioning everything I've always been taught to believee in. I always wondered why we as Africans are practicing christainity?. It's actually crazy to think that the white men came with their religion and our ancestors basically abandoned theirs and embraced christainity.

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by Buffalowings3(m): 8:41am On Jan 17, 2019
janettee:
When I started questioning everything I've always been taught to believee in. I always wondered why we as Africans are practicing christainity?. It's actually crazy to think that the white men came with their religion and our ancestors basically abandoned theirs and embraced christainity.

No black man has any business worshipping these abrahamic gods..
That is if they have a brain they can reason with...
History has not been fortunate for the black man..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheismus. by janettee(f): 8:47am On Jan 17, 2019
Buffalowings3:

No black man has any business worshipping these abrahamic gods..
That is if they have a brain they can reason with...
History has not been fortunate for the black man..

I agree!.
Re: Atheismus. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
Janettee is looking for trouble. I am disappointed in you. How dare you make such jokes angry

grin :

1 Like

Re: Atheismus. by janettee(f): 7:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
lovelygurl:
Janettee is looking for trouble. I am disappointed in you. How dare you make such jokes angry

grin :

Whose trouble?! cheesy.

I'm so sorry dear, I won't make such jokes henceforth cheesy..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheismus. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
janettee:

Whose trouble?! cheesy.

I'm so sorry dear, I won't make such jokes henceforth cheesy..

You're forgiven tongue

1 Like

Re: Atheismus. by LordReed(m): 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
janettee:

The satan one is also hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Atheismus. by LordReed(m): 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2019
God of the rats.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheismus. by spongeisback: 12:06am On Jan 18, 2019

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by LordReed(m): 12:28am On Jan 18, 2019
PROOF!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by Danhumprey: 10:43am On Feb 03, 2019
janettee:
I really don't know what this thread should be about but then I intend to post atheistic pictures/quotes from time to time for now smiley...

Oh you are also free to post yours!...

If anyone had told me you're an atheist, I wouldn't have believed. shocked

How come? How were you able to break off that mental chain and break free of religious indoctrinations? embarassed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by janettee(f): 11:25am On Feb 03, 2019
Danhumprey:
If anyone had told me you're an atheist, I wouldn't have believed. shocked

How come? How were you able to break off that mental chain and break free of religious indoctrinations? embarassed

I can't recall who you are since you know my now deleted old account lipsrsealed.

To your question, it was easy. I just woke up one day and decided I'm an atheist. There's no guideline on how to break free from religious indoctrination, you just have to find your way and stick to it.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by Danhumprey: 11:38am On Feb 03, 2019
janettee:

I can't recall who you are since you know my now deleted old account lipsrsealed.

To your question, it was easy. I just woke up one day and decided I'm an atheist. There's no guideline on how to break free from religious indoctrination, you just have to find your way and stick to it.

@bolded, of course you can't recall. No surprises there. I once asked you about Germany and migrating there, for studies and work with intent to reside. I even asked for a private conversation, but for reasons better known to you, you declined, after responding just twice to my mail messages. And that was it.

I kept track of you, through L.ovelygurl. undecided

About renouncing religion, well I've done that since. And chosen to find my own path and throw off the shackles of religion once and for all. cool

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by hahn(m): 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2019
Danhumprey:

@bolded, of course you can't recall. No surprises there. I once asked you about Germany and migrating there. I even asked for a private conversation, but for reasons better known to you, you declined, after responding just twice to my mail messages. And that was it.

About renouncing religion, well I've done that since. And chosen to find my own path and throw off the shackles of religion once and for all. cool

Reveal the old moniker please
Re: Atheismus. by Danhumprey: 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
hahn:

Reveal the old moniker please
The old moniker is Jigba. wink
Re: Atheismus. by hahn(m): 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2019
Danhumprey:
The old moniker is Jigba. wink

Lol. E funny die grin
Re: Atheismus. by janettee(f): 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2019
hahn:

Lol. E funny die grin

grin grin
Re: Atheismus. by Karleb(m): 2:43am On Feb 06, 2019
Danhumprey:

@bolded, of course you can't recall. No surprises there. I once asked you about Germany and migrating there, for studies and work with intent to reside. I even asked for a private conversation, but for reasons better known to you, you declined, after responding just twice to my mail messages. And that was it.

Hey bro! How are you? Been a while. Remember me?

So, I just saw this and I'm surprised, wow! I do see atheistic posts you shared.

You left Christianity, I'm happy for you bro! So how does your family see you and your irreligious views now? Or is it still a secret to them? How does your friends handle the fact that you're now without a religion? Are you a staunch atheist or an agnostic or...?

I was reconsidering my religious views few years ago and I concluded that I'll just stick to the church and become a church-goer christian because of the limitless benefits in church e.g money, even though I believe close to nothing as far as the religion or any religion for that matter is concerned. And also I wouldn't want to loose friends, family and potential girlfriends all because I don't really believe anymore.

I must say I admire your courage.

I'd like you to check out the flying spaghetti monster (FSM) and a book it's author and creator Bobby Henderson wrote about it, he called it the FSM bible. Trust me, you'll find it funny.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheismus. by Danhumprey: 4:47am On Feb 06, 2019
Karleb:

So, I just saw this and I'm surprised, wow! I do see atheistic posts you shared.

You left Christianity, I'm happy for you bro! So how does your family see you and your irreligious views now? Or is it still a secret to them? How does your friends handle the fact that you're now without a religion? Are you a staunch atheist or an agnostic or...?

I was reconsidering my religious views few years ago and I concluded that I'll just stick to the church and become a church-goer christian because of the limitless benefits in church e.g money, even though I believe close to nothing as far as the religion or any religion for that matter is concerned. And also I wouldn't want to loose friends, family and potential girlfriends all because I don't really believe anymore.

I'd like you to check out the flying spaghetti monster (FSM) and a book it's author and creator Bobby Henderson wrote about it, he called it the FSM bible. Trust me, you'll find it funny.

Sure, I do remember you. cheesy

Well, I left Christianity and trust me, it wasn't a decision taken lightly, after all that years of pretence, trying to keep up appearances, to please the people around me. I'm more a secular humanist and freethinker and although this my new-found belief is still not that outspoken to my parents, my siblings are aware of it and some of my colleagues, although the reception from them when they found out about my anti-religious stance, hasn't been particularly forthcoming and encouraging, but I really don't care. I'm not interested in pleasing anyone, whoever they may be. If I have to lose friends because of my new-found belief, so be it.

They can keep on in the delusion that religions serves them or they can chose to break free of that shackles. The choice is theirs. But as for me, no matter how bad my life gets, I'm never going back to church or organized religions. smiley

As for the book you recommended, I'll check it out.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by raphieMontella: 12:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
Karleb:

there are a lot of church goers who actually don't believe in Christianity...

please so long as you're in Nigeria,, and you're a not yet established man who can fend for himself please and please,, do not go around telling anyone you're irreligious... it could make you lose a lot of money or important connections... as Nigerians tend to have this internal phobia for irreligiousness or things they can't phantom...

keep your irreligiousness within,, it won't kill you...

just go on with your life, you've been freed from the delusion... that's all that matters

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by Niflheim(m): 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
@op,

This is my contribution.............................................

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheismus. by CoolUsername: 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
Re: Atheismus. by Deicide: 5:13pm On Feb 06, 2019
You Atheist are just deceiving yourselves grin Better turn to the true God FSM or no pasta for you angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheismus. by budaatum: 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
Danhumprey:

I'm not interested in pleasing anyone, whoever they may be.
Another atheist finds Jesus.

Say haleluya, somebody!
Re: Atheismus. by Martinez39(m): 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
Carry go.
Re: Atheismus. by budaatum: 8:19pm On Feb 06, 2019
Martinez39:
Carry go.
E pain you?

Jesus, enter Martinez39!

Jesus, enter Martinez39!

Jesus, enter Martinez39!

There! More pain!
Re: Atheismus. by Martinez39(m): 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2019
budaatum:

E pain you?

Jesus, enter Martinez39!

Jesus, enter Martinez39!

Jesus, enter Martinez39!

There! More pain!
Oh yes! Yes! Fvck that sh1t! Tear it! Faster, harder, don't stop. Oh yeah. Awwwn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheismus. by 1Sharon(f): 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
janettee:

I love that page grin
Re: Atheismus. by 1Sharon(f): 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2019
Danhumprey:

That is lovelygurl?? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Book Of Revelation / If Eternal Torment Is True, Then Where Is This Plain Teaching In The Tenach / What Do You Understand As Palm Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.