Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! (1749 Views)

Are We Not Boycotting Northern Cows Again?" - Joe Igbokwe / Question Of The Day: If Igbo Wants Biafra, Why Are They Not Living In Biafra? / Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by Banmeallday: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2019
5thElement:

Nigeria is not a government, it is a nation. undecided

As for the epistle, it is his own opinion. If he's not in Nigeria currently, please ask him which passport he carries? Biafran or Nigerian?

I understand his plight though. It's just like the story of the fox and sour grapes.

Nigeria is a nation? You sure about that.

It as well as its GOVERNMENT are A shythole, abi cementary, a zoo....or like it officially was coined a NIGGER AREA

And Passport, now you know the Nigerian passport is worthless. That is why nearly all your women wey carry belle are trying to go to Yankee to give birth...

Is it not for BLUE PALE?

NONSENSE

Reject FULANI RULE

Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
The Path of Destruction 3

So the caliphate-dominated federal government felt the need to totally prevent a resurgent Biafra; the Eastern Region must be completely defeated and subjugated despite the fact that the war was over.

In 1954, the Nigerian Ports Authority was created to 'regulate ports activities'. Only the Lagos and Port Harcourt ports were under its jurisdiction. The Warri, Burutu and Calabar Ports were controlled by the regional governments and private firms like John Holt.
War broke out in 1967.

Biafra had control of the Port Harcourt and Calabar Ports alongside a few other harbours. With the access to the Atlantic, the Government of Biafra could have some measure of maritime trade. By 1969, the Nigerian Forces had seized the Calabar and Port Harcourt ports. The coastal areas of Biafra were now under the control of the Nigerian government. To consolidate their hold on the coastal areas, the NPA Decree was amended in 1969 to include Calabar, Burutu, and the Warri Ports. The former operators were chased away.

The war ended with the caliphate in full control. Rather than revert to the hitherto efficient system, the blind hatred for their old adversaries made them keep a stranglehold on the ports. To prevent a resurgent Biafra, their access to the Atlantic was prevented. They relocated all port activities to the Lagos ports. And left the other ports to rot. The first to go to the dogs was the Burutu Port, then the Warri Old Port. Calabar and Port Harcourt were only permitted to carry out skeletal services. The Koko and Sapele Ports were locked up!
The economy of the port cities simply gave up the ghost!

Now, the stupidity of the federal government is revealed to all. In sending all port activities, the following happened:
1. The eastern half of Nigeria, from Calabar to Port Harcourt to Maiduguri and Kano suffer increased cost of business! The whole of the North East and South East and Eastern Middle Belt simply suffered an economic meltdown! The closure of the ports in the Eastern half of the country has not only adversely affected the old Eastern Region but the North East! This is a serious case of cutting the nose to spite the face. The Eastern Bloc of Nigeria North to South pays more on the average person commodity!
2. Ports Congestion has almost ground the Lagos Ports and surroundings into the ground. The Apapa Congestion is frightening! The roads virtually collapse under the weight of the congestion!

3. Nigerian ports became uncompetitive as efficiency was thrown out on the altar of national stupidity...sorry, security...
Isn't it total madness that about 4 ports were shutdown just so the old adversaries wouldn't have some peace, but ended up creating embarrassing inefficiencies into the country and making our ports and economy unattractive? When you hear the word "stupidity", it means Nigeria!

The closure of the Eastern Ports has helped to make a mess of the Nigerian Economy. Only a country where idiots govern would close most ports just to spite a people but inadvertently spite ALL people!
The ill-advised seizure of the ports in 1969 was codified in the 1999 Constitution. That was how the Ports made it into the Exclusive List. And Nigeria firmly placed on the Path of Destruction! The Cotonou ports, and other ports in Ghana and Ivory Coast are preferred ports of call for ocean going vessels. Nigeria employed stupidity to send out business from itself! Insanity!!!

We must #restructureOrBurst or shall allow the national embarrassment in Apapa to continue.
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
The Path of Destruction 4

The first police unit in Nigeria was in 1820 in present day Imo. By 1879, the Hausa Constabulary was established. The Royal Niger Constabulary was formed in 1888. This was formed by the Royal Niger Company and later became Northern Nigeria Police Force.
In the South, the Lagos Police was established in 1894. The Niger Coast Constabulary was established in 1896 in Calabar.
All the police units were independent of one another. By "independence" in 1960 through 1963, the police units were under Native Authorities. By 1966, police units were regionalized. Each region controlled its own police force; the Eastern and Western Regions left the police administration mostly to Native Authorities (municipalities).

War broke out in 1967.

The Caliphate-Military won the war, Nigeria lost that war.

The Biafrans had capitulated; the Biafran Government had thrown-in the towel. The Caliphate-Military Alliance was determined to ensure that the Eastern Region never rose again. To do this, they must be totally disarmed. The Eastern Nigeria Police was decreed out of existence (most had been combatants during the war anyway). The conquerors recruited police personnel from outside the East and poured them into the Region. That would be the first time police personnel from outside a region would be in charge of security. The Biafrans were war weary and had no stomach to protest; the survivors were just grateful to be alive. That was how "foreigners" took charge of policing in the Eastern Region. And started exerting control on the daily activities of all the citizens.
It was an Army of Occupation that did almost zero police work.

Even the Caliphate-Military was surprised at the success of their little scheme. By then, even the Western Region was afraid of the North; rather than protest, they tried to keep out of the way. The caliphate saw this, then decreed that there were no longer Regional Police Departments but a national police under the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal government. By 1979, this illegality was codified into the Constitution in the Section 194 of the 1979 Constitution. With this, ALL regions of Nigeria gave up their rights to secure themselves and effectively, gave up regionalism.
In the bids to totally subdue the Eastern Region, the federal government subdued the whole country. That was how policing made it into the Exclusive List of the Constitution!

The federal government now has a single police force, with about 370,000 personnel that they must pay, fund, and control so that they could control all Nigeria. Abdullahi is posted to Yenagoa and Emeka to Maiduguri. Yemisi to Yola. Of course, locals hate the police and the police hate them in return. Everyone hates the federal government! And internal security disappeared for good. The Nigerian Police is not your friend.
That was how Nigeria put itself on the Path of Destruction. The Nigerian Police is an army of subjugation and not meant for internal security in the real sense. It's a tool of the caliphate backed federal government to limit the rights of Nigerians and has nothing to do with internal security. That's what people expect me to validate? Seriously?

To remove the army of occupation masquerading as the Nigerian Police, we must #restructureOrBurst. Stop validating your slave masters!
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
The Path of Destruction 6

People scramble for the creation of states at every turn, I am perennially alarmed and greatly disturbed when I hear that. Sometime in 1996 as an undergraduate, I had an argument with an older and seemingly more educated man individual about the rational of creating states especially without the input of the people the state is meant for. He posited that the creation of more states would bring development to the people. I laughed and asked how a military government could bring development when people were exempted from the development process, he announced I knew nothing!

But do folks know the origins of states creation? It was meant to subdue, break, reduce, and totally reduce the regions to nothing. The major region that was meant to be balkanized was the Eastern Region. And this was to reduce the unanimity of the Eastern Region. Unfortunately, they ended up breaking up all the regions in order to send power to the center and make the regions powerless. They inadvertently made the country powerless and turned it into a giant cesspool of laziness and corruption. And the poverty capital of the universe.

The Eastern Region had seceded by January 1968, the military government of Nigeria went on and dissolved the Regions in May, created 12 states and carved up the Eastern Region into 3 states. In fact, I gathered recently that the Civil War might have been called off earlier but for the carving up of the states which infuriated the Government of Biafra that had been hitherto prepared to go into a Confederate System with Nigeria.

The creation of states was a military decree and patently illegal. It broke up the regions, made vassals of the states and totally against the spirit of the agreements at independence! In fact, the rule of the Caliphate was cemented when the Western Region did not protest and reject like the Eastern did. The regions failed when the Middle Belt Movement did not fight for a region like the Midwest did! The regions dropped the ball and allowed the caliphate-military to destroy the regions and the autonomy of regions. By 1976, seven more states were created by the military. All these were encoded in the 1979 Constitution.

Just look at us now; 36 little states of no developmental consequence! 36 beggars, 36 bureaucracies with hundreds of thousands of staff duplicating the same bunch of nothing! 36 states that cannot survive without pocket money from a federal government that deliberately handicapped the parent regions. Millions of people whose factors of production were sent into the Exclusive List and made to look like Residuals of their parent regions....the states are actually a residue of a once glorious era where regions had initiatives and pushed the boundaries of development. The federal government destroyed them all just because they wanted to destroy a single individual! When you hear "stupid", please answer in the affirmative; it describes the very essence of Nigeria! A stupid federal government with a Constitution meant for animals! And we kept quiet all these time and allowed the country to be ruined by criminals? Damn!!!

All activities from the illegal suspension of the 1963 Republican Constitution, to the creation of states, to the foisting of illegal Constitutions on Nigeria, were neither by Parliament North Referendum from the People of Nigeria. By international convention, the 1967 and subsequent balkanizations are illegal, the suspension of the 1963 Constitution is illegal, and the use of the 1999 Constitution is illegal!
The Lawyers know this! The proceeds of criminality are illegal (they've got a Latin phrase for that). For all intents and purposes, by International Law, Nigeria as constituted, is the proceeds of a crime, and thus, illegal.

By legality, until the 1963 Constitution is set aside by the People (through Referendum) or by an act of Parliament (a Parliament set up by the 1963 Constitution), Nigeria remains an illegal entity! And anyone that gets into government through an illegal 1999 Constitution, is a criminal. Why should I help a criminality for goodness sake?

We are firmly on the Path of Destruction! Either we #restructureOrBurst or self-destruct.
The Legal Luminaries are invited to educate us on the legality or not of the 1999 Constitution. We call it an illegality, a fraud and the proceeds of a crime. It is a crime by International Laws, what is it to you, the Law?

I shall not validate a crime with my votes; that's tantamount to aiding and abetting the crime! Aiding and abetting a crime is corruption; and we are fighting corruption, ain't we?
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2019
The Path of Destruction 10

In October 12 1960 Ahmadu Bello said, the new nation Nigeria shall be an estate of Othman Dan Fodiyo our great grandfather, we will use the minorities in the north, and we will take the south as our conquered territory, we will never allow them to rule us and we will prevent them from ruling over themselves...the video of that interview is available.

His grandfather, Usman Dan Fodiyo was an immigrant from Guinea who was welcomed by King Yunfa of Gobir as an Islamic scholar. In 1808, Usman dan Fodiyo convinced the Hausa people that King Yunfa was corrupt. The people turned against their king and supported Usman dan Fodiyo to kill King Yunfa and declared himself the Sultan. Islam became the state religion, the Hausa owners were subdued and the city renamed Sakwato (Sokoto). Not long after, Usman dan Fodiyo declared Jihad and started attacking other Hausa towns, downwards to the South. Every town that fell had an Islamic General (Amir...Emir) installed.

The British defeated Fodiyo's Madhis in 1903. And the Jihad came to a halt...briefly. The Mahdis were absorbed into the West African Frontier Force now renamed the Nigerian Army! Recall from the Contradiction Series how the 4th Battalion was birthed? Escaping Hausa slaves caught by Colonel Glover and converted into soldiers in 1861. The Nigerian Army was birthed in Islam.
But I digress...
From the statement of Ahmadu Bello as shown in paragraph 1, he acted in such a way as to cause other regions to be alarmed. The only region that constantly challenged his claim to superiority was the Eastern Region which was about 50% Igbo. Igbo officers were involved (alongside others) in the coup that eliminated Ahmadu Bello and his Tafawa Balewa. The Igbo were not forgiven for challenging the powers of the 2nd Mahdi (Ahmadu Bello) and their claim to dominance.

War broke out in 1967.

The Caliphate won that war, but Nigeria lost spectacularly.

The Caliphate proceeded to mold the country in their own image and likeness, and even single handedly wrote the 1999 Constitution, and rammed it down our throats! The 1999 Constitution is an Islamic Constitution. Nigeria is an Islamic country; do not be deceived.
What Ahmadu Bello and his grandfather failed to achieve, has been achieved and codified in the Constitution. Never mind the fact that the Constitution says in Section 10, that there shall be no state religion. In Sections 275 to 279, the Sharia Law was enshrined therein as not only a Legal Code for Nigeria, but Islam as the Official Religion of the Nigerian State!

The government of Nigeria sponsors pilgrimages to Mecca, builds mosques in government offices, registered Nigeria as a member of the Organization of Islamic States, pays dues to Islamic organizations worldwide, subscribes to Arab loans and joined OPEC (an official Islamic organization for oil producers; never mind that Venezuela is a member).

Never wonder why the security forces and other federal organizations are dominated by northern Muslims. It constitutional! According to that 1999 Constitution, Nigeria is an Islamic State! And we reject it totally! That is why we refuse to participate in votes legalizing that Book of Lucifer!

Call this Hate Speech if you want; we dare you to deny History, and deny the Sections 275 to 279 of the 1999 Constitution, or deny the sponsorship of pilgrimages to Mecca, or deny that Nigeria is not a member of OIC. We dare you to deny that Nigeria is an Islamic country. We dare you!

Dear Readers, the Boko Haram terrorists derive their legitimacy and motivation from the Sections 275 to 279 of the 1999 Constitution. The Fulani Terrorists masquerading as herdsmen derive their strength from the speech of Ahmadu Bello, and the spirit of the 1999 Constitution which is all about the Dominance of the Islamic Caliphate! It is all constitutional!
We must #restructureOrBurst. And quit supporting a constitution rigged to destroy us all. With the 1999 Constitution, we are firmly on the Path of Destruction.
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 7:57am On Jan 25, 2019
I shall not validate a crime with my votes; that's tantamount to aiding and abetting the crime! Aiding and abetting a crime is corruption; and we are fighting corruption, ain't we?
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 8:10am On Jan 25, 2019
Young Ede

My stomach churns. Let this truths sink in and wake many a docile person from idiotic articulating slumber.
Uru adiro n'isi azua bu aticku nor anyone of these pretenders jostling for political office.
Shut them off by boycotting the sham they called elections. Advocate for all inclusive fair constitution FIRST.
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2019
The Path of Destruction 11

Absolute powers corrupt absolutely! It's a cliche, really, but nowhere is it as true as shown in the 1999 constitution!
With the conquering Caliphate, the 1999 constitution was brazenly written. Numerous people do not realize it yet but the ONLY way that Constitution could stand is with the backing of the Military! Without the Military, that constitution would collapse like a pack of cards. And that's why there had been so much tension in Nigeria since 1999. There has been precious little nation-building since the return to a seeming civilian administration; the 1999 constitution is ONLY sustainable with military might. Without the overt threat of the military, alongside the secret police and other organizations of control, this constitution wouldn't last 24 hours!
If FORCE must be employed to safeguard a constitution, does it reflect the spirit of democracy or oneness? Of course, not! No democratic constitution needs force to uphold.

But some would tell you this was a federal government; that the states were the federating unit and and all that. Even some that attended Law Schools and were called to the Bar spew this fallacy at times. Federating states? Seriously?
A Federation is not a creation of a super power but the creation of the Federating States or Regions. Tell me, when did the 36 states ever come together to AGREE to federate in a union called Nigeria?

There are no federating states here; a conquering Caliphate created the states in Nigeria and made them vassals of the Caliphate! In fact, the states are so inconsequential that they have ZERO powers to legislate for themselves! The Sections 176 to 211 of the 1999 Constitution actually legislate for the states! The Sections 270 to 284 even legislate on the Judiciary of the States! With an INEC created by the Section 153, the people of the states can NOT even conduct their own elections to determine their governors, reps or senators! The federal government controls the (s)election of their political officers through INEC! The states MAY BE allowed to make Laws but subject to oversight by the National Assembly! The slowpoke that wrote the Constitution ought to be outrightly shot at sight!

There are no federating states in Nigeria but Bantustans that exist at the pleasure of a Caliphate-Military Establishment! The federal government has no right, no Locus standi, to legislate on or for the states, and no right to determine their ways of life. The federal government in all sane countries, is an agency of the federating units. In Nigeria, there are no federating units but vassals of a cruel, cheating, lying and totally despicable federal government!

My Dear Friends, the absolute powers obtained by the Caliphate after the 1967-1970 Religious War have absolutely corrupted the scions of Usman Dan Fodiyo. That absolutism is reflected in the 1999 Constitution, and impacts on our daily national life. Whether folks openly admit it or not, more than 85% of Nigeria are angry with Nigeria and would want to see it dead, if not restructured.
My personal decision to quit participating in further elections under this structure is from a well informed perspective. I cannot know what I know about this structure and its obnoxious Constitution, then go ahead to validate it. It is impossible!

We must #restructureOrBurst, that 1999 Constitution would cause an implosion in this country soon; let's work together and put it down rather than pretending all is well or would be better after some subsequent elections. Elections since the 1940s have done nothing for us and shall do nothing until we resolve our differences and agree on how to live. That's called Collective Agreement popularly known as the Constitution. Is the 1999 Constitution a Collective Agreement? I know it isn't, but do you?

We are on the cusps of disaster; let's work to avoid it.
Shalom.
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
Nigeria is truly evil. A man who bribed his electorate in dollars to becoming the Presidential Candidate is truly corrupt. Both the giver, receivers and those that Atikulate Obidiently are all guilty of massive corruption. Evil is evil. No lesser evil.
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
The Path of Destruction 12

I've seen arguments about the suspension of Mr. Salami; the then president of the appeal court by the then President Jonathan on the recommendations of the NJC. It was said to be "constitutional" as against the unethical suspension of the erstwhile Chief Judge of Nigeria, Onnoghen.

I beg to differ a bit here:

The Section 12 of the 1st Schedule establishes the Federal Judicial Council which has the input of the president in 12(f). The FJC has powers to recommend disciplinary actions on a judicial officer recommended to the NJC. In the Section 21 of the 1st Schedule, the NJC "takes the recommendations to the President"!

In the Section 231, the appointment of the Chief Judge of the Federation is also based on the recommendations of the NJC to the president!
The Section 20 of the 1st Schedule gives powers to Chief Judge, appointed by the president, on the recommendations of the NJC to constitute the NJC!

My dear readers, the 1999 constitution, has carefully INSERTED the President of Nigeria in the Judicial mix in all aspects of the Judiciary. Despite the nebulous statement of the Section 158 that states the independence of the Judiciary, the President has been surreptitiously made to Lord it over them!
He appoints the Chief Judge...
On the recommendations of the NJC...
But he appoints the NJC by default...
Because the NJC is headed by the Chief Judge he appointed!

The NJC "recommends" to the president...the operative word here is "RECOMMEND".
He's at liberty to reject or accept the recommendations! The Constitution was not explicit that he accepted any recommendations! See?
So, the removal of Justice Salami by the President Jonathan being praised by fellow Reformers might have been constitutional in the wordings of the hated 1999 constitution. But in the Spirit of Separation of Powers, it was a disgrace!
The point here is that the Judiciary ought to be ABSOLUTELY independent of the EXECUTIVE! In a truly democratic constitution, the president is not supposed to be in the Judicial mix by any stretch of the imagination! The NJC, FJC and all others should be totally self-governing with ZERO input from the President!

With clauses carefully distributed all over the Constitution, the president has the Judiciary securely under his feet! The painful part is that the Judiciary actually believed it was independent...until recent times when doubts we're created the presidential assault on some judges. Then all doubts of lack of Independence were cleared when the president dismissed the Chief Justice, and the Chairman of NJC and replaced same with his stooge!

According to the 1999 constitution, the independence of the judiciary is an unfortunate fallacy! Why do you think the Presidents of Nigeria mostly ignore court rulings with zero consequences? There is nothing like tge Rule of Law to the presidency; the President is the Law! No where is it true as Nigeria, when Louis IV proclaimed, as the King of France in the 16th Century, that "le etat, c'est moi"...I am the State! In Nigeria, the president is the State and above the Law!
With the backdoor control of the judiciary by the president, Nigeria is firmly and assuredly on the Path of Destruction!
The 1999 constitution is a fascist document, and has no atomic of democracy in it. That's why it must be discarded before it sets this country ablaze!

We must #restructureOrBurst...the bomb is ticking...
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
According to the 1999 constitution, the independence of the judiciary is an unfortunate fallacy! Why do you think the Presidents of Nigeria mostly ignore court rulings with zero consequences? There is nothing like tge Rule of Law to the presidency; the President is the Law! No where is it true as Nigeria, when Louis IV proclaimed, as the King of France in the 16th Century, that "le etat, c'est moi"...I am the State! In Nigeria, the president is the State and above the Law!
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 8:07am On Jan 28, 2019
The Path of Destruction 13

The president has immunity from prosecution in the 1999 Constitution. Even if he should behead the Senate President in Eagle Square, he is immune to prosecution. The only "court" where he could be tried is the Senate!
The Section 143 of the Constitution provides that a president be impeached for gross misconduct. The process takes about 4 months. The Chief Justice of the Federation must set up a 7-man panel to investigate the allegations against a president!
On being indicted, the president faces the national assembly to answer to his charges. Afterwards, a two-third majority is required in the assembly to impeach the president.

Here's the reality:

Section 5 gives all executive powers to the president. He has the powers to appoint the Heads of all the Security Agencies, he controls the Judiciary by proxy, he appointed the Chief Justice by legal/constitutional gymnastics. He employs Executive Orders when he so wishes. He controls the Treasury.

The president of Nigeria at any point in time is not a mere mortal; he's a god! But what if he be accused of gross misconduct? Only the Senate could put him on trial and discipline him.
To put him on trial, the Senate needs a 1/3rd majority to ratify the allegation. Maybe that could be mustered. So the Senate writes to the Chief Justice to set up a panel. Okay na...which of them? The letter runs into hot waters and the Senate President that transmits the letter is given the Dino Treatment.
Let's assume the CJN by some miracle set up the 7-man panel to investigate the president. If I were on that panel, I would declare that I died a day before and be excused! You see?

But let's assume the panel did hold and the president was indicted. So he was called to appear before the Senate, I am certain that the DSS, Airforce, Infantry, Civil Defense and all others would appear in his stead. In fact, no member of the National Assembly would appear that day as they would all plead family emergencies of plead that INEC should recall them that day through their constituencies.
But by some stroke of luck, the president did appear and the Senate decided to vote. By virtue of the North/South divide already enshrined in the 1999 Constitution with 58 to 52 members in favor of the North, a 2/3rd majority would never be! Take 12 core Northern states and observe that they have 36 senators. With that alone, the 2/3rd is defeated.

....and so on. You may reverse it and do the same for a Southern president; same results. 12 states from the Southern part and the president stays!
Oh! On the current president, he made his gambit about 3 weeks to the 2019 elections. The impeachment process takes about 4 months. It wouldn't get off the ground before elections. If it did and continued towards May 29th when he would be sworn in as president, a new Senate is convened and the whole process collapses like a pack of cards!

My dear friends, you CANNOT impeachment any president of Nigeria; most definitely not this one! It is a Mission Impossible. Time we quit being emotional and get real. The 1999 Constitution is a lockdown document cleverly woven with mischievous clauses. You can't get past that document to effect a restructuring. It is a mission very impossible.
To get the country restructured, it would NEVER be through the instruments of the 1999 Constitution; I solemnly assure you. Yet, we must #restructureOrBurst; that's as certain as the sun rises at dawn.
It's time we reflected on that Constitution and the futility of elections hoping to get a critical mass into elected offices to change that Constitution; it's not going to happen!

That Constitution has placed Nigeria solidly on the Path of Destruction; the only solution is to discard it totally or torpedo it! Caressing it while hoping that someone Messiahs would come to change it is worse that Waiting for Godot!
#thinkAgain!!!
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2019
Do you trust INEC?

One must absolutely believe in an electoral process in order to participate in it.

The electoral philosophy in Nigeria is that INEC must organize all federal, constituency and state elections (very ridiculous).

INEC is constituted by the President...
INEC is funded by the Presidency...
INEC is secured with Armed Services controlled by the president...
Electoral Disputes are technically determined by the president.

The president is an interested party in the elections he organizes. It is a case of two football teams contending for superiority where the referee is a teammate of one of the contending teams.

Inference: I have ZERO trust in the Electoral Philosophy of Nigeria as structured by the 1999 Constitution. It is my belief that these elections are a joke as winners had been predetermined. Why on earth should I participate in that charade?

See? It's not so difficult to #thinkAgain! Nigeria needs to be overhauled; and it would never be through the current system, I assure you.

We must #restructureOrBurst. Do you trust INEC
Re: Biafra: Why I Am Not Boycotting -Deep Calls Deep! by teufelein(f): 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2019
Obey your elders for thy days to be long on earth...

The South East and South West convoked in Enugwu on February 11th, 2018. The event was titled "Handshake Across the Niger".

Afenifere and Ohaneze declared in a joint communique after the occasion that we would no longer participate in further elections unless we changed the Constitution. I was well brought up and I don't disobey my elders!

There are a million more reasons why we must #restructureOrBurst. You don't place your hand on the plough while looking back! Read your Bible...and #thinkAgain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Hope For The PDP In The Forthcoming Presidential Election / Lol! APC Twitter Handle @APCNigeria Refers To Buhari As FORMER PRESIDENT / BREAKING: Dino Melaye wins in Kogi, Retains House Of Assembly Seat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.